Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years 2 months

Rock Back The Clock just arrived

Post by Ciscoking »

I am right now holding this new Straight arrow release in my hands...and I am struggling...you know why.?...cause the booklet is so heavy... :lol:

All kidding aside...to begin with the booklet..it`s filled with excellent pix from this show and liner notes and interviews and..and..and..you get a complete overview with all facts about this event....they put in all infos which were availible in this little book...very well researched..even pix from the hall in-and outside can be seen...also the "facts" section is very nice..and can be found throughout the booklet....who can give a better review of the show than someone who attended it..???
In the booklet we find 2 interviews ..one given by a fan and another by Jerry scheff..
The show itself is well known to collectors..I compared with what we already had..CDR`s (e.g.From Pontiac To Paradise) and the import Happy New Year From Pontiac..
none of them can match the sound we have now...now it is much brighter..not so dull ..no hiss and you can understand everything properly....if you see the indoor picture from this stadium...you are wondering how it was possible to achieve such good sound..
Elvis is in a good mood thoughout...the show is o.k..the attempt of Wooden Heart a nice addition..I won´t review the show...that`s not my business..I only say it´s a good one..
As a bonus we have 2 comments from 1976 from our man regarding his New Year Eve show...
All in all a product that is worth every dime ..twice..
and that`s the difference to this C-R-A-P that some fans are praising all the time..you simply s e e the effort behind...you know that your money was spent for something worthwhile....highly recommendable...
For newbies it is a must-have for die hard collectors like me a welcome addition...since we have the show in modern, improved layout and sound..

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

memphisflash

Re: Rock Back The Clock just arrived

Post by memphisflash »

Ciscoking wrote:I am right now holding this new Straight arrow release in my hands...and I am struggling...you know why.?...cause the booklet is so heavy... :lol:

All kidding aside...to begin with the booklet..it`s filled with excellent pix from this show and liner notes and interviews and..and..and..you get a complete overview with all facts about this event....they put in all infos which were availible in this little book...very well researched..even pix from the hall in-and outside can be seen...also the "facts" section is very nice..and can be found throughout the booklet....who can give a better review of the show than someone who attended it..???
In the booklet we find 2 interviews ..one given by a fan and another by Jerry scheff..
The show itself is well known to collectors..I compared with what we already had..CDR`s (e.g.From Pontiac To Paradise) and the import Happy New Year From Pontiac..
none of them can match the sound we have now...now it is much brighter..not so dull ..no hiss and you can understand everything properly....if you see the indoor picture from this stadium...you are wondering how it was possible to achieve such good sound..
Elvis is in a good mood thoughout...the show is o.k..the attempt of Wooden Heart a nice addition..I won´t review the show...that`s not my business..I only say it´s a good one..
As a bonus we have 2 comments from 1976 from our man regarding his New Year Eve show...
All in all a product that is worth every dime ..twice..
and that`s the difference to this C-R-A-P that some fans are praising all the time..you simply s e e the effort behind...you know that your money was spent for something worthwhile....highly recommendable...
For newbies it is a must-have for die hard collectors like me a welcome addition...since we have the show in modern, improved layout and sound..

Over the top man, it's an audience recorded show - how good can it be ... smt135

Rob

Post by Rob »

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to it.

Johanesson
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by Johanesson »

Could somebody post a sound sample please?

Topic author
Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

memphisflash wrote: Over the top man, it's an audience recorded show - how good can it be ... smt135
I prefer a good sounding audience recording with decent crowd noise and a live feeling over a dull sterile SB....

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Big Boss Man
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Big Boss Man »

Ciscoking wrote:
I prefer a good sounding audience recording with decent crowd noise and a live feeling over a dull sterile SB....
I agree Cisco...there are some fine audience recordings out there that really give you the true "feel" of an Elvis concert better than a SB recorded one.

Little Darlin
Registered for: 17 years 2 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

Thanks Ciscoking.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Big Boss Man wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
I agree Cisco...there are some fine audience recordings out there that really give you the true "feel" of an Elvis concert better than a SB recorded one.
I just overdub the "chinking" of glasses on the Vegas SB's to achieve a similar effect :lol: (Whilst spraying hairspary round the room)
This release sounds good as far as the whole package goes.

kelvin
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kelvin »

Packaging looks superb but what's the sound quality like compaired to other audience recordings? Can you hear everything Elvis says between the songs?

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 9 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

I am a bit late to the [New Years Eve] party, but mine turned up yesterday.

The sound quality on the new source tape is simply awesome (especially given the nature of the venue).

Booklet is a monster 24 pages.

Highly recommended - well done again Straight Arrow - still kings of the Audience CD in 2008 :)

Rob

Post by Rob »

BIGREDG wrote:Highly recommended
You've talked me into it.

Robert
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by Robert »

People talk about difficult sound circumstances, why?
No audience member complained about the sound inside the dome.
The audience members I spoke thought sound was ok....
The previous cd release sounded fine already, without bad echoes etc.

There was a problem with Elvis monitor system, he even stopped in the middle of My Way because of that.

Mine should be in next week.... can't wait 8)

iamhekev
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Post by iamhekev »

Thanks for the review/s (so far),might go for it myself???.

KEV.

SAM...17.3.1955 to 24.1.2008

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

MY copy(s) will arrive this coming week already looking forward to it and i'll soon be able to post MY REVIEW of it!
P.S. sounding great so far! :wink:
Last edited by YDKM on Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Brad M

Post by Brad M »

Thank you for the review Cisco!! I Can Not Wait to have a listen to this show..Just got my copy to me and got the headphones on right now!! Will post my review after I have a complete listen..I'm off!! :D :D

Brad M

Post by Brad M »

I am just now finsishing up listening to the concert..the sound..exccellent..the concert i would say is ok to good..My way was not good at all..elvis even stops the ban says he can't hear them or something..Its Now Or never was messed up at the ending...wish there were more songs after the band was introduced..only a handfull..wooden heart..only last about 30 seconds with only a few verses sang..throughout the show you hear Elvis say a few times..how he's nervous..also he made a mistake during the band intro' James Burton from Las Angeles..thought its Shreveport Louisiana..but for the show it was alright.. 8)

Rob

Post by Rob »

Brad M wrote:also he made a mistake during the band intro' James Burton from Las Angeles..thought its Shreveport Louisiana.
Elvis did that a lot. When he couldn't think of where they were from, he'd just say Los Angeles. Jerry Scheff was from Los Angeles one show, while the very next day he was from "up in Canada."

Not too many in the audience knew any different.

Brad M

Post by Brad M »

Rob wrote:
Brad M wrote:also he made a mistake during the band intro' James Burton from Las Angeles..thought its Shreveport Louisiana.
Elvis did that a lot. When he couldn't think of where they were from, he'd just say Los Angeles. Jerry Scheff was from Los Angeles one show, while the very next day he was from "up in Canada."

Not too many in the audience knew any different.
Rob, have you recieved your copy yet?

Would love to hear what your thoughts are on this performance?

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:) Well...YES I just received my copy last night. truly outstanding package and best ever sound! I Must thoroughly agree with Ciscoking on this release!Booklet is VERY carefully put together with MANY photos and great liner notes i hadn't seen before. Even though the version of 'One Night' was sourced from a slightly less good audio source- THAT was the 'highlight' from CD1 for me! great Version!. Highlight from CD2 was a truly excellent version of How Great Thou Art-with Reprise! My Way indeed DOES suffer from Elvis stop/starting it again but the Audio is so clear i actually enjoyed it MORE! Overall a complete package worth of 9/10 for effort + sound and thats as good as your gonna get my friends! The bonus comments from Seattle (3 minutes)and Atlanta (stereo! and half a minute)are 'interesting and funny' and a nice inclusion in the total running time 0f 85 minutes.Overall its made me appreciate/Enjoy this Historic concert MORE and i now rate it as a 'good show' but not better than 'Good' VERY collectable and the ONLY 'Pontiac' release WORTH HAVING. :roll: :lol: :wink:

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 7 months

Post by midnightx »

The sound is ok, not incredible. There are some people near the taper that are talking a little too often, but it isn't terrible. Pretty nice audience recording, maybe a little hissy in spots. A welcomed addition.

Robert

Post by Robert »

midnightx wrote:The sound is ok, not incredible
Mine will arrive tomorrow, but I don't expect rocket science audio quality.
This was recorded with the same device as the College Park show.. so I think I know what to expect.

Big Boss Man
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Big Boss Man »

I have to admit that I found this cd quite enjoyable. :D

The sound quality is indeed much better than on the old cdr I have of this show.

Thanks Straight Arrow...keep em' coming!

Rob

Post by Rob »

Brad M wrote:Rob, have you recieved your copy yet? Would love to hear what your thoughts are on this performance?
I've heard the performance many times. I've just never heard the Straight Arrow release of it.

I'm still a few days away. Stay tuned.

Little Darlin
Registered for: 17 years 2 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

One Night ROCKS on this release!

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Robert

Post by Robert »

Here's my detailed review of this "new" Pontiac release:

Same source as the previous released double cd (Happy NY from Pontiac)
You can even hear the same people yelling next to the recorder!
Same songs are missing from this source as above mentioned release...
Sound on this is better indeed

Thank you very much.