Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

my elvis room

Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:43 pm

Hi
I hope this is the right place to post such a topic, I wanted to show you my elvis room . I’ve been an elvis fan for 22 years but it’s only in may of this year that I fullfilled this dream . The room is not very large in size but it’s 100% elvis
What I collect most are books ( 250 / 300 I don't know exactly ), magazines, booklets, cds, records ( only in mint condition I don't care about pressing, etc...) Las vegas, on tour memorabilia ....Everything but tacky souvenirs actually; Sure my collection is not Jim Curtin's but I'm somewhat proud of it


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Since the room is too small I keep the rest of my collection in another room :

Image

Do you have one elvis room too ?
Last edited by jessewade on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:46 pm

my elvis autograph
Image

Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:01 pm

I think your Elvis room looks fantastic! Good job! I even see some books in there that I would love to take a peek at! :D

JEFF d
EP fan

Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:04 pm

thanks a lot :wink: It's been SO hard to gather some of these books !
here's another with my all time favorite elvis poster:

Image

Image

Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:06 pm

A quality collection, very nice indeed. I recognise quite a few of those book spines. . lovely stuff!

Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:08 pm

Great stuff! An enviable collection - thanks for sharing!

Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:13 pm

Thanks! My wife is not as happy as I am with this room :lol:
And our last trip to memphis did not make things easier :lol: :lol: (I took these pics last july )
But once again when I look at the Jim curtin auction catalog :roll: :roll: :roll:
Hope some of you guys will show their elvis room too :smt039

Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:48 pm

Good stuff, Wade !

Things filed away a lot neater than mine !

Thanks for sharing !

Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:48 pm

your elvis room is very cool! i can understand you're proud of it. i would be too, if i had a collection like that

Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:51 pm

jessewade wrote:My wife is not as happy as I am with this room

I can relate. However, every few months I actually let her go inside the room and she seems happy for awhile.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:55 pm

****
Last edited by The Purple Gang on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:01 pm

ColinB wrote:Good stuff, Wade !

Things filed away a lot neater than mine !

Thanks for sharing !


Hi ColinB Are your photos of your room still on the mb? They were great, too.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:18 pm

Very cool room jessewade, it looks to me, to be well organized.

Something I'm lacking in these days, organization :lol:

Say I noticed you have the 1975 Hilton menu framed.

Did you see Elvis in 75' in Vegas, by chance? If so what date?

Thanks Purple Gang for the link to the thread I started a while back, looking over that thread again, it really is cool to see the Elvis rooms from the members who posted their pictures once again.

Everyone as we can all see has something unique to offer Elvis wise. :smt023

PEP 8)

Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:00 pm

FANTASTIC Collection jesswade, I bet it brings you many hours of pleasure.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:04 pm

The Purple Gang wrote:
ColinB wrote:Good stuff, Wade !

Things filed away a lot neater than mine !

Thanks for sharing !


Hi ColinB
Are your photos of your room still on the mb?
They were great, too.


Well, thanks, but as I said at the time, more of a dog's dinner than a filing system !

I guess they are still on here...............

Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:21 pm

Wow! What a great collection jesse! Image

Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:37 pm

Awesome collection. It is scary actually as I see many many items that I have in my collection too. Wish mine was as well organised as yours though!

Seeing your collection, it makes me wonder how alike fans collections are, I mean for those people who have collected for 20+ years.

I have all the Vegas menus too except for the later rainbow menu :cry: that one has always eluded me. Not wishing to hijack the thread but how many different Vegas menus are there in total? I have like 18 but the large round menu I have in 3 colours so I guess I only have 16 really.

elvisonline

Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:39 pm

Nice collection! Thanks for sharing it with us.

I really enjoyed the thread we had here last year or so, with all the pics from several members' Elvis rooms.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:49 pm

****
Last edited by The Purple Gang on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:20 pm

The Purple Gang wrote:Found them ...


Damn your eyes !

In those pics, mine looks even worse now than it did then, in comparison with Wades !

I've had a minor sort out since then, anyway.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:26 pm

I think I see porn :shock:






just kidding

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:04 pm

The Purple Gang wrote:
jessewade wrote:Thanks! My wife is not as happy as I am with this room :lol:
And our last trip to memphis did not make things easier :lol: :lol: (I took these pics last july )
But once again when I look at the Jim curtin auction catalog :roll: :roll: :roll:
Hope some of you guys will show their elvis room too :smt039


Welcome! Nice collection. :D
As you are new to the mb you won't have seen this great thread about member's Elvis Rooms

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24027&highlight=elvis+room

Our moderator PEP 8) started the thread and it was a very popular one.


yes I am new here
Thanks so much for your link, gosh guys here have AMAZING COLLECTIONS , congratulations :shock: :shock:

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:12 pm

PEP wrote:Very cool room jessewade, it looks to me, to be well organized.

Something I'm lacking in these days, organization :lol:

Say I noticed you have the 1975 Hilton menu framed.

Did you see Elvis in 75' in Vegas, by chance? If so what date?

Thanks Purple Gang for the link to the thread I started a while back, looking over that thread again, it really is cool to see the Elvis rooms from the members who posted their pictures once again.

Everyone as we can all see has something unique to offer Elvis wise. :smt023

PEP 8)


no unfortunately I was too young to see elvis live in 1975 ( I was only 1 year old ). Thanks for your message but your collection is really ...I wish I had the word !

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:19 pm

elvisonline wrote:Awesome collection. It is scary actually as I see many many items that I have in my collection too. Wish mine was as well organised as yours though!

Seeing your collection, it makes me wonder how alike fans collections are, I mean for those people who have collected for 20+ years.

I have all the Vegas menus too except for the later rainbow menu :cry: that one has always eluded me. Not wishing to hijack the thread but how many different Vegas menus are there in total? I have like 18 but the large round menu I have in 3 colours so I guess I only have 16 really.

elvisonline


thanks . Having an elvis room was really a dream coming true . Before that it was such a mess, I really did not enjoy my collection as I should have .Now everything is well organized, mags, newspapers etc.....
I think you're right about 18 menus made. I don't have Vegas 69, december 75, Tahoe 71 and only one round menu ( the red one )

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:30 pm

awsome elvis room :smt038