Comparison between TTWII TCW and TCS DVD's

Post Here All Reviews Of Films and DVD's

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
James27
Registered for: 21 years

Comparison between TTWII TCW and TCS DVD's

Post by James27 »

Is there a detailed comparison available between the filmed shows included as part of the TTWII -TCW box set and the stand-alone 2-DVD release The Complete Shows. Apparently different angles were used, but what does this mean for the overall watching experience and are the best choices always made the second time around ? Anything else that is noticeable between the two: a picture upgrade or prev. unseen material on the second release ? Any other upgrades except for the full stereo, the 8-page booklet and 5.1 surround sound option ?

Joe Krein interview with Sherril Nielsen: "YOU KNOW YOU FORGET HOW GOOD HE REALLY WAS. I SAID MY GOODNESS. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE WITH HIM YOU ARE SO WRAPPED UP DOING THE SHOW, BUT HERE NOW 20 YEARS LATER, I HEAR HIM AND REALIZE WHAT A GREAT TALENT HE WAS. HE WAS THE REAL DEAL.

lucio

Re: Comparison between TTWII TCW and TCS DVD's

Post by lucio »

The Conplete Works uses the official footage (where available) for the main larger screen with the outtakes as smaller 2nd and 3rd screens below. Complete shows has outtakes as the main angle so in that respect is completely different. I personally prefer Complete Shows because it makes for a different watching experience from the official dvd releases.
If you can afford both, then that would be the way to go. If only one, then Complete Shows is better for actual outtake footage in larger size.
Except for this, they both contain the same amount of video, nothing 'extra' except stereo sound for the Aug 12 DS and Aug 11 DS. It's quite amazing how much 'new' video came out with the outtakes for the movie. If only it did not have the Turner logos on it.
Lucio

Topic author
James27

Post by James27 »

lucio wrote:The Conplete Works uses the official footage (where available) for the main larger screen with the outtakes as smaller 2nd and 3rd screens below. Complete shows has outtakes as the main angle so in that respect is completely different. I personally prefer Complete Shows because it makes for a different watching experience from the official dvd releases.
If you can afford both, then that would be the way to go. If only one, then Complete Shows is better for actual outtake footage in larger size.
Except for this, they both contain the same amount of video, nothing 'extra' except stereo sound for the Aug 12 DS and Aug 11 DS. It's quite amazing how much 'new' video came out with the outtakes for the movie. If only it did not have the Turner logos on it.
Lucio
Thanks Lucio! ::rocks

Joe Krein interview with Sherril Nielsen: "YOU KNOW YOU FORGET HOW GOOD HE REALLY WAS. I SAID MY GOODNESS. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE WITH HIM YOU ARE SO WRAPPED UP DOING THE SHOW, BUT HERE NOW 20 YEARS LATER, I HEAR HIM AND REALIZE WHAT A GREAT TALENT HE WAS. HE WAS THE REAL DEAL.

elvisalisellers

Post by elvisalisellers »

lucio wrote:....they both contain the same amount of video....Lucio
I thought TCS was missing all of the rehearsal footage ?

lucio

Post by lucio »

elvisalisellers wrote:
lucio wrote:....they both contain the same amount of video....Lucio
I thought TCS was missing all of the rehearsal footage ?
You're right that the rehearsal footage is missing from the Complete Shows. That is on a separate dvd only available on Complete Works. I was commenting on the just the live footage. Sorry if I mislead anyone.
Lucio

karlos
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by karlos »

Tyvm James and Lucio for this great thread
Ive always loved this feature of Elvis life and career
Long Live The King Forever ::rocks