SANDI: Did Elvis ever comment on his film career?

In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
TINML
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

SANDI: Did Elvis ever comment on his film career?

Post by TINML »

Did he ever mention what movie he was proud of or satisfied most with his work? In "King Creole" he had a great director, did he ever mention any details towards the personnel working with him in Hollywood?

Thanks, Emilio

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

DutchLA
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Re: SANDI: Did Elvis ever comment on his film career?

Post by DutchLA »

TINML wrote:Did he ever mention what movie he was proud of or satisfied most with his work? In "King Creole" he had a great director, did he ever mention any details towards the personnel working with him in Hollywood?

Thanks, Emilio
**The only time he ever mentioned the movies it was self mocking - he wasn't happy having to do them and he'd think out loud about someday getting a "meaty" part - a good acting challenge. I don't remember where or when he mentioned it but he really enjoyed doing King Creole so it's funny you should mention that particular movie. He'd normally comment on his co-stars more than the actual movie (and who can blame him-there wasn't much to comment on plot-wise) I always thought it was interesting on how, after one day on the set, he was pretty much able to sum up the personality of whoever he was working with and after the fact always proved him right.

Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

DutchLA wrote:
TINML wrote:Did he ever mention what movie he was proud of or satisfied most with his work? In "King Creole" he had a great director, did he ever mention any details towards the personnel working with him in Hollywood?

Thanks, Emilio
**The only time he ever mentioned the movies it was self mocking - he wasn't happy having to do them and he'd think out loud about someday getting a "meaty" part - a good acting challenge. I don't remember where or when he mentioned it but he really enjoyed doing King Creole so it's funny you should mention that particular movie. He'd normally comment on his co-stars more than the actual movie (and who can blame him-there wasn't much to comment on plot-wise) I always thought it was interesting on how, after one day on the set, he was pretty much able to sum up the personality of whoever he was working with and after the fact always proved him right.

We all feel the pain he felt, poor guy.

So he was a pretty good judge of character then.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man »

So he was a good judge of character would you say?

He seemed to stick with what HE wanted rather than what everyone else wanted, and that makes sense that you should say that. Larry Gellar being an example. He was ousted by practiclly everyone, but in the end, Elvis had him back on the scene.

Topic author
TINML
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by TINML »

Thanks for the response, Sandi! :D

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

Mitch
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Mitch »

People make fun of his movies but I always enjoyed most of them.

In the 60's people would flock to see them every weekend at the Drive Inn Movie Theaters.