Topic author
The fool
Registered for: 21 years

Las Vegas 1969

Post by The fool »

One Girl´s Personal Account Of Her Secret Date With Elvis
by Anonymous
Screen Stars, December 1969
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

drjohncarpenter

Re: Las Vegas 1969

Post by drjohncarpenter »

"By ANONYMOUS." Heh.

This first-person account sounds like it's going to tell a naughty tale, but actually ends up in a good place.

I'm intrigued by the identity of this 18 year-old daughter of a Hughes Airways executive. If she's still with us today, she's 69 years old.

She knows every major name attached to Presley at this point in time. Her memory seems to be rather straightforward, without a lot of the typical embellishment seen in so many other magazine articles of this type.

What happened after her summer of Elvis in 1969? Her dad's talk of seeing Elvis recently at the Flamingo has to refer to when the singer popped by to check out Tom Jones performing there in mid-June.

With Chris Ellis, Chris Slade and Tom Jones, Flamingo Hotel, Las Vegas - June 1969
Photo:
Peter C. Borsari
Chris Ellis was Tom's personal assistant, Chris Slade was Tom's current drummer.

The Jeannie C. Riley "photo incident" occurred at the Flamingo in February.

Backstage with singer Jeannie C. Riley at the Flamingo in Las Vegas - Thursday, February 6, 1969
On a quick break in-between session dates at American Sound, Elvis congratulates hot country singer Jeannie on her Las Vegas debut.

Our young fan's moment in the International lobby with Tom Parker on the afternoon of July 31st meant the press conference was not spontaneous, but already planned.

Where was that drive-in where our "ANONYMOUS" teen ran into Elvis near or just after the end of his engagement? Her running into Presley as he enjoyed a chocolate malt had to have been at night, of course. And that "Astronaut Dinner" they talked about actually did happen, on August 13th in Los Angeles.

690813_APOLLO_11_DINNER_invite.jpg

690813_APOLLO_11_DINNER_menu.jpg

Finally, this is a new photo for me from the 8-01-1969 (Fri) press conference:

690801_w fan after press conference.jpg

Thanks for the share.

Just curious, is the article about "Scoop! Presley Crashes Sinatra's Vegas Party" worth an upload here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
The fool

Post by The fool »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:20 am

Just curious, is the article about "Scoop! Presley Crashes Sinatra's Vegas Party" worth an upload here?
Not really. But I might upload it with another article on Nancy´s opening night and the party.

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

The fool wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:25 pm
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:20 am

Not really. But I might upload it with another article on Nancy´s opening night and the party.

That would be terrific.

I always wondered where that 1969 afterparty was held, and found the information a couple of years ago.

I'll bring it to your topic if that's okay.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!