Why does everything turn into a heated debate?

This section is to discuss forum related matters. Per guidelines, disciplinary actions taken against member(s) past and present will not be discussed.
We understand some discussion may become heated, but all we ask is that you remain civil at all times. This forum is meant to give you, the member, an outlet to discuss how we can improve the forum in many different ways. Therefore, it is to be used to come up with solutions - not cause more problems!

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
lanadelslay
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Why does everything turn into a heated debate?

Post by lanadelslay »

Just noticed this, and only been here for a couple months so not long, but everyone gets so angry all the damn time about everything and anything, or judge others for their different opinion. I think it's wack.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Why does everything turn into a heated debate?

Post by drjohncarpenter »

lanadelslay on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:38 pm wrote:Just noticed this, and only been here for a couple months so not long, but everyone gets so angry all the damn time about everything and anything, or judge others for their different opinion. I think it's wack.
Not everything turns "into a heated debate." But this is a discussion forum.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Rob
GodFather of FECC
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by Rob »

If everyone would just do as I say, we would never have a problem. I'm madder than a wet hen right now and I'm about to tear up two acres around this place.

Everyone here is now on notice!

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Ciscoking »

One problem is that some never ever admit when they are wrong even when its obvious.
Another problem is that some dont tolerare other opinions. All ends in rudeness and insults.
Its always the same pattern. Some think their statements are Gospel and those who dare to disagree get ridiculed. Just my 2 honest cents. Not to be taken personal.

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

MRM
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by MRM »

It's the nature of online forums/bulletin boards, with the relative anonymity they provide, and the passion of people for a subject. And some people really do like starting arguments.

Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

lanadelslay on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:41 pm wrote:
FECC-Moderator on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:38 pm wrote:As a moderator, i'd like to all ask you to stop the Beatles/Led Zeppelin debate.. This topic is about the upcoming Elvis documentary..
I've removed several posts that go off-topic, and i'd prefer not doing this all day, everyday for one single topic.

So here's a warning, stick to the topic at hand.

FECC-Moderator
I thought the debate was interesting :D , it happened organically so that explains why it went off topic, why deleting it?
It's fair to say that the unconditional goodwill from some of us following the recent promise that there would be a level playing field in these parts has now completely evaporated.
The same people are being banned/suspended. The same trolls are running free. With us, it's "off-topic". With them, it's a "sub-topic". They get multiple warnings, yet continue and remain. We are hoofed off with barely a how are you.

Will I be banned for saying this? I really don't care. I never did and I never will. Just don't tell me that things have changed. :wink:

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Hard Rocker on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:29 pm wrote:
FECC-Moderator on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:38 pm wrote:As a moderator, i'd like to all ask you to stop the Beatles/Led Zeppelin debate.. This topic is about the upcoming Elvis documentary..
I've removed several posts that go off-topic, and i'd prefer not doing this all day, everyday for one single topic.

FECC-Moderator
I thought the debate was interesting :D , it happened organically so that explains why it went off topic, why deleting it?
It's fair to say that the unconditional goodwill from some of us following the recent promise that there would be a level playing field in these parts has now completely evaporated.
The same people are being banned/suspended. The same trolls are running free. With us, it's "off-topic". With them, it's a "sub-topic". They get multiple warnings, yet continue and remain. We are hoofed off with barely a how are you.

Will I be banned for saying this? I really don't care. I never did and I never will. Just don't tell me that things have changed. :wink:
Very true.

-- Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:36 am --
Hard Rocker on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:29 pm wrote:

FECC-Moderator

Very true.

FECC-Moderator
Registered for: 6 years 3 months

Post by FECC-Moderator »

Hard Rocker on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:29 pm wrote:

FECC-Moderator

I find you're comments to be in poor taste.
The same people are being banned/suspended.
That's because the same people keep causing bad blood on the forum, and those same people violate several guidelines, I've said it before the rules apply to everyone
The same trolls are running free. With us, it's "off-topic". With them, it's a "sub-topic". They get multiple warnings, yet continue and remain.
It's very easy to say that.. But if people don't report those posts that violate guidelines (to themselves) , then nothing is being done, it's impossible to ask us to play police constantly and to watch every single topic.
This comment only shows me that you're here to start a riot.

We do everything in our power to make changes around here, and rome wasn't build in one day now was it? It would help if people stopped baiting each other, trying to cause fights or derail topics.

Again.. if you have a problem and something violates a guideline (this doesn't mean abusing the report button), report it and we'll deal with it, but don't go here accusing the moderator / admin team of things that simply aren't true. We are unbiased.. period!

Hard Rocker.. If you have a problem with one of the moderators, we are both very easy to access through private messaging, rioting members up because you don't agree with something a moderator did is in very poor taste.

Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

"Poor taste" has nothing to do with it. There's nothing "poor taste" about it. I'll send you a PM.

Mr. Black

Post by Mr. Black »

Why does everything ... into heated debate? Could it be: ego’s tripping out?

norrie
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by norrie »

Even a topic titled Why does everything turn into a heated debate turns into a heated debate

norrie

Topic author
lanadelslay
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by lanadelslay »

norrie on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:35 pm wrote:Even a topic titled Why does everything turn into a heated debate turns into a heated debate

norrie
:smt005