Post here your Elvis' pictures

Car candid 1973

Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:45 pm

One more. Specific date is unknown. Originally posted as one of the weekly pictures on NightRider Design last year (it belongs to Kenny).

Joern
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Car candid 1973

Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:09 pm

July 4th '73 - driving out through the gates.

Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:13 pm

There is an alternate of them at a fireworks stand that day. Im not on my computer or I would post it.

Greg

Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:15 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:July 4th '73 - driving out through the gates.

Thanks for pointing out the date.

Joern

Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:29 pm

i love this pic

Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:50 pm

July 4th in Memphis had to have been hot. You can't tell it the way Elvis is dressed.

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:11 pm

Memphis, July 1972 for these.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:12 pm

Buying fireworks.

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:13 pm

Comming home. (I Think?)

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:30 pm

I believe that's Linda with him in the last three photos also. I've seen them before, and if taken in July 1972, buying fire crackers must've been one of the first things she did with him (first date July 6th). but why fire crackers after the 4th. One of his games...or just wanting to see some more of them light up the sky? :)

E

Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:49 pm

I don't know if that is Linda or not. Her hair looks to dark. Is it this women?

Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:57 pm

gwsells wrote:I don't know if that is Linda or not. Her hair looks to dark. Is it this women?

The woman is Mary Kathleen Selph

Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:36 pm

Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:35 am

To me it looks like Linda's profile, and when checking out Paul's site he seems to think so too : http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... mer72.html
But I've been wrong before, Paul's been wrong before and E-cat seem awfully sure with his matter of fact statement, so...But judging from the two/three photos I've seen of Mary Kathleen Selph, I'm not persuaded in believing it's her.

Eivind

Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:54 am

Eivind wrote:To me it looks like Linda's profile, and when checking out Paul's site he seems to think so too : http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... mer72.html
But I've been wrong before, Paul's been wrong before and E-cat seem awfully sure with his matter of fact statement, so...But judging from the two/three photos I've seen of Mary Kathleen Selph, I'm not persuaded in believing it's her.

Eivind

Eivind...I guess I misunderstood: the girl on the bike is Kathy Selph.
However - referring to the car candids, I'd fully agree that it's Linda
Sorry for the confusion

Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:08 am

E-Cat wrote:
Eivind wrote:To me it looks like Linda's profile, and when checking out Paul's site he seems to think so too : http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... mer72.html

Eivind

Sorry for the confusion

Wise men say...Correct again E-Cat 8)

Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:21 am

If I recall correctly, Kathy Selph passed away not too long after the pictures were taken. True?

Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:23 am

Rob wrote:July 4th in Memphis had to have been hot. You can't tell it the way Elvis is dressed.

That's for sure. Then again, Elvis was not much for ever wearing short-sleeved shirts, shorts, or anything similar to what the rest of us would wear on sweltering days. He definitely had his own style, even if that meant being a sweaty mess.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:59 am

paulsweeney wrote: Wise men say...Correct again E-Cat 8)

Thanks for saving me here Paul... :)

KHoots wrote:If I recall correctly, Kathy Selph passed away not too long after the pictures were taken. True?

Correct Khoots: Kathy - who worked at the Whirlaway Club in Memphis - passed away one month later, see also below:

Woman with Elvis no longer a mystery
Original Publication Date: January 8, 2000
By Michael Lollar

For 27 years, the mother says she has remained silent, watching over and over as her daughter showed up in photographs on a motorcycle with Elvis Presley.

Each time, the daughter has been referred to as "an unidentified woman." "I just didn't want her to go on as an unidentified woman," says the mother, Peggy Selph Cannon of Bartlett, after the photograph appeared in The Commercial Appeal's special Turn of the Century section on Jan. 1.

Cannon says her daughter, Kathleen `Kathy' Selph, then 20, was being driven home by Elvis when the picture was shot by a photographer for The Commercial Appeal in June 1972. A neighbor showed her the photograph in the newspaper that week, and Cannon says she "reprimanded" her daughter for dating a married man. That's when she learned that Elvis and Priscilla Presley had separated.

The daughter, who had moved out of her parents' home, had been working as a dancer and singer at the old Whirlaway Club, where a member of Elvis's Memphis Mafia noticed she resembled Priscilla Presley, says Selph's brother, Steve. His sister and Elvis were introduced and dated for a while, he says.

It ended less than a month after the photograph was taken when Selph died in an automobile accident. "There was a real nice spray of flowers at her funeral from the Presley family. And there was a huge orchid at the funeral. I always felt it came from Elvis," says Cannon, who remarried after the death of her husband, former deputy fire chief E. B. Selph.

source: http://elvis.commercialappeal-web.com/6 ... _a_mystery

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:03 pm

[
Sorry for the confusion[/quote]

Glad we agreed at the end there E-cat :) Still leaves my question open; the photo must've been taken after the 6th of July (when Lindas says she met Elvis", so why the fire crackers? answers to this vital question can be PM'd or written here on this most delightful forum.

Eivind

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:01 pm

I still don't think it's Linda. It just doesn't looke like her to me. And most if not all fireworks stands are shut down in a week after the 4th. And if you remember Linda went to Gulf Shores Al. the day after she met Elvis and was gone for 2 weeks. I know that a fireworks stand would not be open almost a month after the 4th. So if it is Linda these can't be from 1972.

Greg

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:07 pm

Gswells - it's definitely Linda in the car with Elvis, and at the fireworks stand. I think it's the dark hair that's confusing - she wore it dark for much of 72, before becoming blonder later.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:30 pm

I will agree that it is Linda, to many people think so for me to continue to disagree. But still I would like to try to date it better than early July 1972. She was in Gulf Shores for 2 weeks in July AFTER the 4th. That firwork stand seems pretty busy for late July. Any thoughts?

Greg

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:50 pm

Linda left for Gulf Shores on July 8th and returned to Memphis on 28th of July and Elvis was in L.A. So the ONLY day theses could be from is the 7th. So these could be taken in the late afternoon on that day.

Greg

Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:03 am

gwsells wrote:Buying fireworks.

Now that is cool!