Post here your Elvis' pictures

St Louis March 29 '57 alternate + unreleased interview ?

Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:42 pm

The picture above of Elvis and "Uncle Buck" could be an alternate photo from St. Louis (March 29 - 1957)

Ron Lipe (aka Prince Knight / Uncle Buck) owned Marlo Record label in Belleville, IL and was also a dj on
KSHE radio in St. Louis. According to the playlist below - Elvis Interview WBVI Belleville,Illinois 1957
- Ron Lipe did interview Elvis in 1957.

Since Belleville is only 17 miles from St Louis, it could well be that the interview took place in St Louis.
What do you think ?

Also I wonder if the interview has ever been released ?

Last edited by E-Cat on Wed May 06, 2009 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: St Louis March 29 '57 alternate + unreleased interview ?

Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:50 pm

E-Cat, nice find of the playlist. I never heard the interview but exactly a year ago today I dated this photo as being from St. Louis.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:03 pm

bripet56 wrote:E-Cat, nice find of the playlist. I never heard the interview but exactly a year ago today I dated this photo as being from St. Louis.

Sincerely
Brian

Thanks for confirming the date Brian !
BTW: I've contacted KDHX and asked if and how a copy of the interview can be obtained.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:29 am

Thank you very much, E-Cat, excellent picture!! :D

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:02 am

GREAT research!!!

Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:16 am

ecat how did you go about getting a copy of the interview
elvis2594

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:02 pm

Excellent story. Thanks.

Mississippi

Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:39 pm

Great photo, E-Cat!

Here´s another of Elvis with Uncle Buck. Does someone have this in good quality? Could this have been taken in the TV room at Graceland? 1960, I think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:21 pm

Here you go. Although cropped it's at least better quality.

I was wondering if the photo was actually taken in St. Louis on June 29 or 30, 1960. Elvis flew from Los Angeles to St. Louis where he rented a car and drove to Memphis. He arrived home around 3:00 p.m. on June 30.

Since Uncle Buck is from Bellville just outside of St. Louis and Joyce Gentry (in photo below) is from O'Fallon also just outside of St. Louis it could indicate the photos were shot during Elvis' stop in St. Louis.

Sincerely
Brian

Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:46 pm

The two pictures show what appears to be the same bar, and the bottom picture looks to be from somewhere other than the Graceland TV room. Probably St. Louis, as Brian said.

Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:00 am

bripet56 wrote:Here you go. Although cropped it's at least better quality

Great pix The Fool and Brian - the last one is new to my eyes.
Below an alternate picture from the same event:

btw - any idea what kind of crown he is holding ?

Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:29 am

wonderful

Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:55 am

Uncle Buck rules. He owned many labels etc. Produced and issued some killer RAB.
You guys ever hear his tribute to Elvis? "Mr.Ducktail". The flip side is unreal. "Big Wheel" by Sonny Patterson.
I remember posting this picture last year - the first one. Never seen the others.

Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:43 am

The fool wrote:Could this have been taken in the TV room at Graceland?

Today I watched the new Elvis Presley´s Graceland dvd. It has this photo
and says this is from the tv room.

I checked my photos from last August and noticed the same picture on the wall as in these photos from 1960. So I guess these photos are from the tv room after all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:19 am

Nice work The fool -- this mean the photos must be from June 30, 1960 or later.

Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:36 pm

The Fool, that is nice detective work.

I thought these were taken in St Louis, but you're absolutely right. They're from Graceland. Thanks man.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:01 am

The fool wrote: I checked my photos from last August and noticed the same picture on the wall as in these photos from 1960. So I guess these photos are from the tv room after all.

Good eye, great research - thx !

Wed May 06, 2009 2:15 am

E-Cat wrote:BTW: I've contacted KDHX and asked if and how a copy of the interview can be obtained.

Found this on eBay:
POSTCARD,ROCKABILLY,UNCLE BUCK,GIBSON,FENDER,ELVIS,RARE

YES,,THIS IS MY DAD AND ELVIS..DAD WAS DOING AN INTERVEIW FOR THE RADIO STATION W.I.B.V. ST.LOUIS AND WAS MAKING ELVIS A MEMBER OF THE ONCE INFAMUS STUMP JUMBERS FAN CLUB,,IF YOU LOOK YOU CAN SEE DAD IS HOLDING A MIC,AND HAS A TAPE RECORDER ON HIS ARM..I HAVE THAT TAPE..VERY COOL STUFF...ELVIS TOLD HIM NOT TO STEP ON HIS SHOES....

Wed May 06, 2009 4:01 am

The fool wrote:
E-Cat wrote:BTW: I've contacted KDHX and asked if and how a copy of the interview can be obtained.

I contacted the station, but they could not locate the tape anymore.

The fool wrote:Found this on eBay:

YES,,THIS IS MY DAD AND ELVIS..DAD WAS DOING AN INTERVEIW FOR THE RADIO STATION W.I.B.V. ST.LOUIS AND WAS MAKING ELVIS A MEMBER OF THE ONCE INFAMUS STUMP JUMBERS FAN CLUB,,IF YOU LOOK YOU CAN SEE DAD IS HOLDING A MIC,AND HAS A TAPE RECORDER ON HIS ARM..I HAVE THAT TAPE..VERY COOL STUFF...ELVIS TOLD HIM NOT TO STEP ON HIS SHOES....

Thx - The Fool:

It is good to see that the 10 min. WIBV interview tape (as broadcasted in 2005) has surfaced.

Fri May 08, 2009 7:34 am

How nice if FTD could get a copy of the interview for use on a 1957-related project.

Fri May 08, 2009 7:58 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:How nice if FTD could get a copy of the interview for use on a 1957-related project.
A friend of mine has secured a copy, it is 10 minutes long. If you need the contact details of the person who owns the master tape, let me know......

Fri May 08, 2009 8:04 am

Send me a PM -- and make sure I can reply!

Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Not sure if this has been posted before : Interview here- http://www.stlbook.com/text/prince_early.html

Davide