Gamma Master
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Re: Gamma Master’s custom covers

Post by Gamma Master »

vinelvis wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:39 am
Gamma Master wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:24 pm
Not my best work, but thought I'd share anyway. Listening to this Pine Bluff show as I'm writing this. Pretty good show! I dare say on level with the June 75 tour. Things really turned round on this tour, by Jackson he was giving some of his better shows of the year, and in Arkansas he gave some of his best! This show is definitely a 'silver lining' to the 'cloud' that is the summer of '76. I actually prefer this show to many of the October shows
Nice artwork. I looked up the setlist and it looked great! Why do you think this show is better than the October shows? Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the kind words! I find the Pine Bluff shows to be better because they were quite long, and despite Elvis' appearance being better in October, I think he was vocally weaker, his voice seems nasally and unstable which could be caused by the rapid weight loss causing him to feel weak. In Pine Bluff I think his voice was better, obviously it is difficult to get an accurate picture from an AR but I think his voice would be comparable to Jackson a few days before, where he sings pretty well. That's just my two cents anyway

Every opinion is my own, unless stated otherwise.

I overuse brackets as well

vinelvis
Registered for: 10 years

Post by vinelvis »

Gamma Master wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:18 pm
vinelvis wrote:
Gamma Master wrote:
Not my best work, but thought I'd share anyway. Listening to this Pine Bluff show as I'm writing this. Pretty good show! I dare say on level with the June 75 tour. Things really turned round on this tour, by Jackson he was giving some of his better shows of the year, and in Arkansas he gave some of his best! This show is definitely a 'silver lining' to the 'cloud' that is the summer of '76. I actually prefer this show to many of the October shows
Nice artwork. I looked up the setlist and it looked great! Why do you think this show is better than the October shows? Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the kind words! I find the Pine Bluff shows to be better because they were quite long, and despite Elvis' appearance being better in October, I think he was vocally weaker, his voice seems nasally and unstable which could be caused by the rapid weight loss causing him to feel weak. In Pine Bluff I think his voice was better, obviously it is difficult to get an accurate picture from an AR but I think his voice would be comparable to Jackson a few days before, where he sings pretty well. That's just my two cents anyway
Unfortunately I don't have acces to the Pine Bluff nor the Jackson show, but I do have "Still rocking the nation". I've always liked that show. Elvis is much more energetic compared to the August shows of the same tour. I gave it another listen and I know what you mean, Elvis sounds vocally stronger than in Minneapolis in October for example.

Topic author
Gamma Master

Post by Gamma Master »

Summertime In Charleston 3.png
Not my best, not my worst either
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CountCanada
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Post by CountCanada »

Nice cover Gamma Master...thanks.

Topic author
Gamma Master

Post by Gamma Master »

Today's cover brings us to Elvis' first tour show since his comeback
On The Road Again.png
The cover's alright, looks like something SR would use though :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xmascarrol
Registered for: 13 years 6 months
Mood:

Post by xmascarrol »

Gamma great covers can you show us what the back cover look like aswell especially for the phoenix one you just posted

he maybe gone but never forgotten.

Topic author
Gamma Master

Post by Gamma Master »

xmascarrol wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:29 am
Gamma great covers can you show us what the back cover look like aswell especially for the phoenix one you just posted
Hi! I'm glad you like them, I've not done a back cover for any of my shows, but I can make one for you, I'll try and get one done over the coming days

Topic author
Gamma Master

Post by Gamma Master »

Hey @xmascarrol! Here's what I whipped up for the back cover, I hope you like it!
On The Road Again Back.png
If you want me to change anything just let me know and I'll give it a go

xmascarrol
Mood:

Post by xmascarrol »

Awesome Gamma ty just any chance putting the spines on it aswell and if you do can i use this for my cd ty

polksalade8
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by polksalade8 »

great covers

Topic author
Gamma Master

Post by Gamma Master »

polksalade8 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:13 am
great covers
Thanks polksalade! Much appreciated

Topic author
Gamma Master

Post by Gamma Master »

xmascarrol wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:18 am
Awesome Gamma ty just any chance putting the spines on it aswell and if you do can i use this for my cd ty
Sure I can have a go, I'm not exactly sure what the dimensions need to be exactly but I'll have a go. And you're more than welcome, I really appreciate that you think my designs are that good!
::rocks

Topic author
Gamma Master

Post by Gamma Master »

Hi again @xmascarrol Here's what I whipped up, I had to modify the layout slightly because I realised that the back cover is actually slightly rectangular and not square (I took the measurements from one of my Jewel Case CDs and the spines on that measured up to 6mm) So it should fit in a normal jewel case
On The Road Again Back Spines.png

xmascarrol
Mood:

Post by xmascarrol »

ty again Gamma great work now i can get rid of the horrible SR one i have for cd

Regards

Chris ( xmascarrol)

Topic author
Gamma Master

Post by Gamma Master »

xmascarrol wrote:ty again Gamma great work now i can get rid of the horrible SR one i have for cd

Regards

Chris ( xmascarrol)
Thanks Chris, I’m glad you like it!

rogegle
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by rogegle »

Gamma Master wrote:Hi again [mention]xmascarrol[/mention] Here's what I whipped up, I had to modify the layout slightly because I realised that the back cover is actually slightly rectangular and not square (I took the measurements from one of my Jewel Case CDs and the spines on that measured up to 6mm) So it should fit in a normal jewel case
Wauw... !
These front and back cover are really amazing.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Topic author
Gamma Master

Post by Gamma Master »

rogegle wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:17 pm
Gamma Master wrote:Hi again @xmascarrol Here's what I whipped up, I had to modify the layout slightly because I realised that the back cover is actually slightly rectangular and not square (I took the measurements from one of my Jewel Case CDs and the spines on that measured up to 6mm) So it should fit in a normal jewel case
Wauw... !
These front and back cover are really amazing.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Thank you! I'm glad you like them!

Topic author
Gamma Master

Post by Gamma Master »

Here's my FTD concept for a release covering the final tour, don't normally do back covers but felt I should this time. I feel like the song selections would work well, I picked the best, unique songs from the shows on the final tour (excluding the last 2 shows and the CBS shows) as bonus tracks to help beef out the CDs a little, you know, give them a little more substance (and yes, the track from Lincoln does include the 'excerpt' from Suspicious Minds). The only bonus track that isn't unique is Hurt from Des Moines, but that's only cos I really dig that version :D

Of course the set lists for the 2 shows featured are as of yet unknown, but I went with what I found on the internet which may very well be wrong. Extra bonus tracks could be added to make up for lost content if the set lists are worse than those included. I didn't include tracks from the last 2 shows or the CBS shows because I felt the CBS shows would end up with their own release, and the last two shows would probably go well together if an Indianapolis soundboard ever turns up, plus the ARs we have from both shows are pretty good already.

Hope you like it! (You too Ernst! ;) )
The Final Tour.png
The Final Tour back.png

xmascarrol
Mood:

Post by xmascarrol »

I really am gratefully for what you and Steamroller do when you do these covers and i think they are great I wonder if you could tackle this for me. I saw you do the the Cleveland July cover , did you ever get around to doing a back cover for it. Would love to have one if you have.

My next request if you don't mind is could you do the ones from with the side and back covers if you have time i would be very grateful.

Sioux Falls 18th Oct 1976
Atlanta 30th Dec 1976

Regards

Chris.

The 18th of July 1975 Cleveland

Topic author
Gamma Master

Post by Gamma Master »

xmascarrol wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:40 am
I really am gratefully for what you and Steamroller do when you do these covers and i think they are great I wonder if you could tackle this for me. I saw you do the the Cleveland July cover , did you ever get around to doing a back cover for it. Would love to have one if you have.

My next request if you don't mind is could you do the ones from with the side and back covers if you have time i would be very grateful.

Sioux Falls 18th Oct 1976
Atlanta 30th Dec 1976

Regards

Chris.

The 18th of July 1975 Cleveland
I haven't done any back covers, but I'll try and get one done in the coming days

Topic author
Gamma Master

Post by Gamma Master »

It's been a while!

Quickly modified this from my concept cover I designed a little while back, the intention is for it to go with the new Philly release.

I know the picture isn't from Philly, but it just looks so badass!
Live in Philadelphia.png

vinelvis

Post by vinelvis »

vinelvis wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:57 pm
Gamma Master wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:18 pm
vinelvis wrote:
Gamma Master wrote:
Unfortunately I don't have acces to the Pine Bluff nor the Jackson show, but I do have "Still rocking the nation". I've always liked that show. Elvis is much more energetic compared to the August shows of the same tour. I gave it another listen and I know what you mean, Elvis sounds vocally stronger than in Minneapolis in October for example.
Looks like I might be able to listen to the Pine Bluff show very soon with the new FTD! When I saw the announcement, it immediately reminded me of our conversation about this show. I'm eager to listen to it!

xmascarrol
Mood:

Post by xmascarrol »

Gamma Master wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:12 pm
Here's my mock up of a potential FTD or bootleg release, the Terre Haute show is pretty solid and the Oklahoma City show probably is too, not really the 2 July shows people will want the most but it'd definitely be a release I'd pick up, soundboard or not. Not my best work though, not sure about Terre Haute Elvis' head sticking over the title, but I went with it anyway
Hey Gmma

Great cover did you do the back cover for this cause I would love to have this one in my cd rack for the Terre Haute covers. as Oklahoma not out.

vinelvis

Post by vinelvis »

Gamma Master wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:43 am
Here's my FTD concept for a release covering the final tour, don't normally do back covers but felt I should this time. I feel like the song selections would work well, I picked the best, unique songs from the shows on the final tour (excluding the last 2 shows and the CBS shows) as bonus tracks to help beef out the CDs a little, you know, give them a little more substance (and yes, the track from Lincoln does include the 'excerpt' from Suspicious Minds). The only bonus track that isn't unique is Hurt from Des Moines, but that's only cos I really dig that version :D

Of course the set lists for the 2 shows featured are as of yet unknown, but I went with what I found on the internet which may very well be wrong. Extra bonus tracks could be added to make up for lost content if the set lists are worse than those included. I didn't include tracks from the last 2 shows or the CBS shows because I felt the CBS shows would end up with their own release, and the last two shows would probably go well together if an Indianapolis soundboard ever turns up, plus the ARs we have from both shows are pretty good already.

Hope you like it! (You too Ernst! ;) )

The Final Tour.pngThe Final Tour back.png
Little late to the party but which font did you use for this cover?