Elvis Live DVD, See new footage now !

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

redeemed
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Re: Elvis Live DVD, See new footage now !

Post by redeemed »

Would be nice if we had some songs really rare from this rehearsal like "the first time ever i saw your face" or "young and beautiful"...songs that we have never seen in pro footage before...even "help me make it through the night"

keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 11 months
Mood:

Re: Elvis Live DVD, will include unreleased EOT footage.

Post by keninlincs »

loiacvi1 wrote:The suspense is killing me. Much like the final season of Lost.
cant wait for that either

-instagram kenh1964

Joe Car
Registered for: 21 years 2 months

Post by Joe Car »

Thanks PEP!

Shaky

Post by Shaky »

2010 is looking good, shame its not an official release bloomin' should be???

All these scraps of On Tour would make such a fantastic package like Aloha and 68 DVD sets :evil:

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

As a friendly reminder.
The Elvis Live DVD will include Elvis singing in rehearsal during the March 31st 1972 session , Hound Dog, Don't be Cruel, All Shook Up, Heartbreak Hotel and much more ! Can't wait to see all !
PEP 8)

redeemed
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by redeemed »

Where can this dvd be bought and how much will it cost?

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

redeemed wrote:Where can this dvd be bought and how much will it cost?
At this time, I do not know. I am assuming One will beable to buy it from their own regular dealer. If I find out more I will of course let everyone know.

Side note, No point in PMing me about this. thank you.
PEP 8)

rocknroller
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Post by rocknroller »

thankyou pep it looks great.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t

jomies
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by jomies »

Thnxs PEP for this little gem.
Only 31 sec. but what a GREAT LOOKING 31 sec.
Thnxs once again from a very happy Elvis'72 lover.

::rocks

loiacvi1
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by loiacvi1 »

wow! this certainly gives newfound hope that the well is not dry yet!

bring on the rest of the rehearsals and richmond footage!!!

the echo will never die

TJ
Registered for: 20 years

Post by TJ »

One to look forward to for sure. Seeing Don't Be Cruel in that rehearsal setting does highlight just how lifeless the 70s arrangement was though.

Rock Legend
Suspended for one week
Suspended for one week
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Post by Rock Legend »

A bit underwhelming to see him go through his old hits in such a disinterested manner…. The difference in Elvis from TTWII to EOT is staggering. In the aforementioned movie, he comes across as charismatic, funny and genuinely interested in the music & his musicians… During the EOT rehearsals, he just seems so detached… possibly depressed or medicated or both. There’s not the same sense of fun or the same involvement in his music. The sunglasses are also a nuisance in EOT, as you miss out on a lot of the facial expressions. It’s almost like he’s hiding his face from the cameras.
As for the release of this footage in small doses, in general I don’t think it’s wise to reward the bootlegger for exploiting this footage like this. There’s probably hours and hours of EOT outtakes, and I for one don’t really feel like buying DVDs for only 15 minutes of ‘new’ footage. I’ll probably just settle for a copy or a download, that’s good enough for me. At some stage, someone like International is bound to do all this footage justice by releasing it in an attractive multiple DVD-set.

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 7 months

Post by midnightx »

Rock Legend wrote:A bit underwhelming to see him go through his old hits in such a disinterested manner…. The difference in Elvis from TTWII to EOT is staggering. In the aforementioned movie, he comes across as charismatic, funny and genuinely interested in the music & his musicians… During the EOT rehearsals, he just seems so detached… possibly depressed or medicated or both. There’s not the same sense of fun or the same involvement in his music. The sunglasses are also a nuisance in EOT, as you miss out on a lot of the facial expressions. It’s almost like he’s hiding his face from the cameras.
As for the release of this footage in small doses, in general I don’t think it’s wise to reward the bootlegger for exploiting this footage like this. There’s probably hours and hours of EOT outtakes, and I for one don’t really feel like buying DVDs for only 15 minutes of ‘new’ footage. I’ll probably just settle for a copy or a download, that’s good enough for me. At some stage, someone like International is bound to do all this footage justice by releasing it in an attractive multiple DVD-set.
Well said in all facets.

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

Just so everyone knows, What I have been told through email, is with the 72 rehearsal and the Garden Audio with Picture. A Good 18 to 20 minutes will be new on this DVD.
People in general, will be emailed soon on where to get it.
is what I have been told, so I can only assume the people behind this, have a list of people they will contact.
Rock Legend wrote: At some stage, someone like International is bound to do all this footage justice by releasing it in an attractive multiple DVD-set.

I agree with you. This may happen some time in the future. But, my guess is, this could be a numbers of years down the road before it does happen, if it happens at all.
Someone out there will be doing it more than just for money, as the risk will be high.
More than a few hard core private collectors really took a hit on the TTWII material.
Which originally was meant to stay very private until a leak took place and the flood started.
Neverthless, 30 more hours or more, are rumoured to be in private hands for EOT. Most exciting footage that is rumoured to exist, in my opinion, is Opening Night latter part of 72' in Las Vegas , when Elvis is seen wearing a two piece white suit, plus more backstage footage.
Also, I believe and a few people I talked to believe, there is the possibility of some more TTWII footage, still not released yet, either.
These are rumours tho. Nothing more, nothing less.

PEP 8)

Roddy
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Re: Elvis Live DVD, will include unreleased EOT footage.

Post by Roddy »

PEP wrote:Please keep in mind, I have been told this clip is cropped and made to look off color
on purpose.
What will be on the DVD, will be in perfect quality !
Please enjoy...this may not last long.
PEP 8)
I just stop breathing for a few seconds... amazing to see a "new" Elvis...
Chrstian are you hiddin something?? :lol: :lol:

I know you are!!! :oops:

Thanks Pep... Come on 2010!!!!

The fool

Post by The fool »

PEP wrote:Most exciting footage that is rumoured to exist, in my opinion, is Opening Night latter part of 72' in Las Vegas , when Elvis is seen wearing a two piece white suit
I know it´s just a rumour, but that would be really something. Elvis looked so much better than in April.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cliveatdell
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by cliveatdell »

According to Joe Tunzi the following songs were filmed from the Richmond show.
until it's time for u to go/ love me tender/ bride over troubled water/ its over/ for the good times/ american trilodgy/ funny how times slip away/ c'ant help falling in love.
Anybody know any different?
The shows on the 14-4 greensboro and april 18 san antonio
according to sessions 3 seem to have a lot more songs filmed!

loiacvi1

Post by loiacvi1 »

PEP wrote:Just so everyone knows, What I have been told through email, is with the 72 rehearsal and the Garden Audio with Picture. A Good 18 to 20 minutes will be new on this DVD.
People in general, will be emailed soon on where to get it.
is what I have been told, so I can only assume the people behind this, have a list of people they will contact.
Rock Legend wrote: At some stage, someone like International is bound to do all this footage justice by releasing it in an attractive multiple DVD-set.

I agree with you. This may happen some time in the future. But, my guess is, this could be a numbers of years down the road before it does happen, if it happens at all.
Someone out there will be doing it more than just for money, as the risk will be high.
More than a few hard core private collectors really took a hit on the TTWII material.
Which originally was meant to stay very private until a leak took place and the flood started.
Neverthless, 30 more hours or more, are rumoured to be in private hands for EOT. Most exciting footage that is rumoured to exist, in my opinion, is Opening Night latter part of 72' in Las Vegas , when Elvis is seen wearing a two piece white suit, plus more backstage footage.
Also, I believe and a few people I talked to believe, there is the possibility of some more TTWII footage, still not released yet, either.
These are rumours tho. Nothing more, nothing less.

PEP 8)
So what exactly is required to be part of the Elvis private collector skull and crossbones club?

"More than a few hard core private collectors really took a hit on the TTWII material"
Really? Please explain. I don't see how a private collector can take a hit on any footage that is the property of turner/mgm or EPE.

If I want to find out more about the private collectors club (i.e. how much to join? who are the key stakeholders? what is the mission statement of the organization? is there a perverted initiation that I must go through? perhaps circle jerk around a pile of 8mm reels?)

I am starting to feel like being an Elvis fan within the context of this forum is on par with being a serf in pretend nerd medieval war fighting, like in the movie Role Models. "I am not worthy. I am not worthy".

I may go back to listening to strictly Jay-Z. At least I can get his MSG footage without being emotionally molested by the Elvis Illuminati.

the echo will never die

Gregory Nolan Jr.

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

Read up on Mr. Colonna if you think there's no good reason for it.

Welcome aboard, in any event.

I'm glad to see Rock Legend and 'X agree with my earlier assessment about this EOT footage shown being remarkably ordinary beyond Elvis' normal operational charisma. You could even go so far as to call it borderline disturbing watching. I'd rather see him tackle more meaty emotional material in that state, rather than sleepwalking through a rehearsal of songs he'd seemingly come to detest.

.And likewise, I don't really like seeing this stuff let out in small dribs and drabs. And as a consumer of the TTWII set, I don't think it was any picnic either given the price they went for and all subsequent upgrade...

I'm all for a more complete EOT set but I can safely enjoy my Star set that compiles the original movie and many outtakes. Most of us have way more Elvis than we can digest. I'll wait and see on this one.

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

loiacvi1 wrote: [/color]
So what exactly is required to be part of the Elvis private collector skull and crossbones club?

The two words money and perseverance says it all really, but that can be said about most anything in life.
The catch 22 of the skull & crossbone club, as you put it, only lasts as long as the ficticious club stays' solid and No leaks happen. Still, just the same it is a fictitious club without members Once the leak takes place, No need to be in any club anyway. Then all you need is just patience and everyone gets what's there, one way or another. TTWII outtakes have been doing the rounds since 1999, it took 6 years for a major leak to take place and then another 4 years for it to really explode. Total time 10 years.... original asking price 100'000.

"More than a few hard core private collectors really took a hit on the TTWII material"
Really? Please explain. I don't see how a private collector can take a hit on any footage that is the property of turner/mgm or EPE.
It is like the stock market, in this case the value stays high when only a few have it, when everyone has it and are paying very little for what is there or getting it for free.....the collector who paid thousands, now has something that is worthless. The same can be said if all is released legit as well, yet those same collectors' are kinda wishing it won't happen legit or other wise.
Saying what I said, was not meant to be arrogant, or to put anyone down...the fact is, in a nut shell, that is the way things work.
Some collectors, bought what they bought, because they could afford it. At the same time, also know it is not up to them to rock the boat, so to speak. Right fully the companies you mention, should release what is there....some will see this happen in their life time, while others will not.
Lets' use the 68' outtakes for example, they became available over 33 years ago, it took EPE 25 years to release them legit. A lot of Elvis fans died before they ever got to see those outtakes. But thanks to some lucky die harts, being in the right place at the right time, many got to see those outtakes way before a legit release, thanks' to them.

If I want to find out more about the private collectors club (i.e. how much to join? who are the key stakeholders? what is the mission statement of the organization? is there a perverted initiation that I must go through? perhaps circle jerk around a pile of 8mm reels?)

I am starting to feel like being an Elvis fan within the context of this forum is on par with being a serf in pretend nerd medieval war fighting, like in the movie Role Models. "I am not worthy. I am not worthy".

I may go back to listening to strictly Jay-Z. At least I can get his MSG footage without being emotionally molested by the Elvis Illuminati.
You are taking things way out of context....the fact remains, the way Elvis collecting works, is no different than anything else in life. If you try hard enough and are willing to pay and do have the money, you will find your contact. If you can't do those things' and are not in a position. All One can do then, is wait and hope you live long enough to see what is there, when it does come out from whomever, legit or other wise.
A secret exposed.....but then again, really never a secret, just common sense and a little bit of luck. is all One need's along with the money and perserverance. As was mentioned earlier.

PEP 8)

loiacvi1

Post by loiacvi1 »

PEP wrote:
loiacvi1 wrote: [/color]

The two words money and perseverance says it all really, but that can be said about most anything in life.
The catch 22 of the skull & crossbone club, as you put it, only lasts as long as the ficticious club stays' solid and No leaks happen. Still, just the same it is a fictitious club without members Once the leak takes place, No need to be in any club anyway. Then all you need is just patience and everyone gets what's there, one way or another. TTWII outtakes have been doing the rounds since 1999, it took 6 years for a major leak to take place and then another 4 years for it to really explode. Total time 10 years.... original asking price 100'000.

It is like the stock market, in this case the value stays high when only a few have it, when everyone has it and are paying very little for what is there or getting it for free.....the collector who paid thousands, now has something that is worthless. The same can be said if all is released legit as well, yet those same collectors' are kinda wishing it won't happen legit or other wise.
Saying what I said, was not meant to be arrogant, or to put anyone down...the fact is, in a nut shell, that is the way things work.
Some collectors, bought what they bought, because they could afford it. At the same time, also know it is not up to them to rock the boat, so to speak. Right fully the companies you mention, should release what is there....some will see this happen in their life time, while others will not.
Lets' use the 68' outtakes for example, they became available over 33 years ago, it took EPE 25 years to release them legit. A lot of Elvis fans died before they ever got to see those outtakes. But thanks to some lucky die harts, being in the right place at the right time, many got to see those outtakes way before a legit release, thanks' to them.

You are taking things way out of context....the fact remains, the way Elvis collecting works, is no different than anything else in life. If you try hard enough and are willing to pay and do have the money, you will find your contact. If you can't do those things' and are not in a position. All One can do then, is wait and hope you live long enough to see what is there, when it does come out from whomever, legit or other wise.
A secret exposed.....but then again, really never a secret, just common sense and a little bit of luck. is all One need's along with the money and perserverance. As was mentioned earlier.

PEP 8)
100K ! I would have been bent out of shape too if I spent 100K on being one of few to see rare Elvis footage, then it gets leaked and released officially a few years later.

That puts things into perspective for me. Thanks

the echo will never die

Gregory Nolan Jr.

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

The fact remains, it seems to me, that the Elvis demographic (be it for mainstream material or hard-core collector "rare" stuff) had to have peaked some time recently. Add in the fact that anyone with a computer can download either imports or FTDs (a shabby way of doing it, I know) or for videos, can just go to YOUTUBE to see a whole lot of rare Elvis stuff that was once something you truly had to know the "Secret Handshake" to see and access. It's probably enough to make older fans cry when they think of how easy it is for today's fans.

So anyone who shelled out for the EOT films five or ten years ago is going to be left holding the bag, plain and simple. That's the market, for ya.

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

bc55
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by bc55 »

PEP wrote:
redeemed wrote:Where can this dvd be bought and how much will it cost?
At this time, I do not know. I am assuming One will beable to buy it from their own regular dealer. If I find out more I will of course let everyone know.

Side note, No point in PMing me about this. thank you.
PEP 8)
Seemed like a good idea to me ..... you are very welcome !

Cheers

Sven

Kenneth
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by Kenneth »

Rock Legend wrote:A bit underwhelming to see him go through his old hits in such a disinterested manner…. The difference in Elvis from TTWII to EOT is staggering. In the aforementioned movie, he comes across as charismatic, funny and genuinely interested in the music & his musicians… During the EOT rehearsals, he just seems so detached… possibly depressed or medicated or both. There’s not the same sense of fun or the same involvement in his music. The sunglasses are also a nuisance in EOT, as you miss out on a lot of the facial expressions. It’s almost like he’s hiding his face from the cameras.
Yes right on target. No way that On Tour rehearsal films will ever be in the same pricetag that TTWII outtakes some years ago. There are still a good amount of money involved in On Tour outtakes and the uninspired rehearsal stuff are not the best stuff we want. The bootleggers know that and will wait until that rehearsalstuff is milked long enough. Regarding TTWII outtakes, do you think that all is out on the complete works dvd set? The best part are still not released. Thrust my words.

Sincerely

Kenneth

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Renan »

Kenneth wrote:
Rock Legend wrote:Regarding TTWII outtakes, do you think that all is out on the complete works dvd set? The best part are still not released. Thrust my words.
August 10th rehearsal? Phoenix concert in September or any other September concert footage? July 24th rehearsal available on bootleg The Brightest Star On Sunset Boulevard? Other Las Vegas footage from August or even September near the end of the season?

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."