More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator5, Moderator3, Site Mechanic

brian
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: Lisa Marie Presley and Riley Keough's Book: From Here to the Great Unknown

Post by brian »

Steve G wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2024 10:09 am
The same is likely true of many spouses of pedophiles. Why didn't she acknowledge he could have hidden that from her, especially since they weren't together for long in a blink and you'll miss it marriage
Because there was no point in saying he could have. She didn't see anything like that when she was married to him and she had no knowledge of anything. She actually liked MJ when she was with him. She did say if she had seen anything like that she probably would've killed him.

bronsky
Registered for: 3 years

Post by bronsky »

eligain wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2024 2:07 pm
bronsky wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:42 pm
eligain wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:43 pm
bronsky wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:30 pm
eligain wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:48 am
So it’s good parenting for your daughter to find you passed out on drugs on your bathroom floor several times or find you so out of it that she has to try to keep you from falling? It’s good parenting to continue to use drugs when you now have a child? The fact that he allowed himself to die from these drugs is something really terrible and it of course put a cloud over Lisa for the rest of her life.
You might have forgotten or didn't know that Elvis was a seriously ill man, he couldn't have stopped taking prescription drugs (aka modern medicines) even if he had wanted to and he was "addicted" to them because he wanted to suffer less physically and mentally and they helped him keep going partly in order to give money to his ex-wife and for the raise of his daughter. Basically he was kept going until he just dropped finally.
But don't worry, next year from Priscilla's book we will learn the complete truth and she will be honest about herself at last... :wink:
Bullsh*t! That is a fantasy cooked up to try to deny that he had a major drug problem by rose colored glasses fans. Exactly what was the medical reason for all the uppers? What was the medical reason for the cocaine? What was the medical reason for the dilaudid? What was the medical reason for the Demerol? Was there a medical reason for the Qualudes? “ Using barbiturates regularly, at higher doses, and for a long time can cause liver damage, muscle weakness, and bone pain.”
Why did he need powerful Codeine pain pills for a simple tooth cleaning and filling? The majority of his health problems were because of the drugs. Dexedrine abuse causes liver damage. Opioids can cause toxic megacolon.” Opioids can cause an increased sense of pain called opioid-induced hyperalgesia (OIH).” If your claims were true, then why didn’t Dr.Nick use it to exonerate himself in his over prescription trial? If any of your claims were true, why didn’t Vernon release the autopsy report to counter the drug abuse stories.

When Elvis was in Colorado in early 1976, he tried to get Dilaudid from the Denver police doctor. That doctor and his Denver police friends (some of who were narcotic officers) recognized that Elvis had a drug problem and staged an intervention even setting him up for a secret stay in a rehab facility. When confronted with this, Elvis abruptly left Colorado. If it was all medically necessary, then he could just explained to them that it was. But he didn’t.
You always avoiding the uncomfortable things regarding Priscilla. But always highlighting Elvis as a faulty guy. Why?
A doctor that consulted with Dr. Nick on Elvis’ treatment wrote this concerning Heodel’s book:

"Hogwash. It's like this author didn't even have basic access to his (EP's) records. She sounds like a Looney tune who is looking for her 2 minutes of fame. She never once consulted me, and as you know I was an integral part of his (EP's) story.

She has no understanding of the medical pressure we were under at the time. And then proceeded to fabricate situations or full admissions to make her idea sound plausible.

Being there then, and still being active today I can tell you that there was not a single genetic component to Elvis Presley's dx's (diagnoses). Her book is a fraud. It's no wonder she had to self publish."
You respond selectively.
A doctor who?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bronsky on Wed Oct 16, 2024 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DEH
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by DEH »

The old interview with Lisa on Stern makes you call in to question what the truth is. Priscilla has a close relationship with Riley and the twins. So does this mean they have moved on from whatever happened or do they not believe it. who knows. But whatever happened is not coming between them. They were just together at that event at Graceland and they go to each others birthday parties, family get togethers, holidays.

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

DEH wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 2:53 am
The old interview with Lisa on Stern makes you call in to question what the truth is. Priscilla has a close relationship with Riley and the twins. So does this mean they have moved on from whatever happened or do they not believe it. who knows. But whatever happened is not coming between them. They were just together at that event at Graceland and they go to each others birthday parties, family get togethers, holidays.
Good one DEH,

yes it does seem that way to me after playing the Stern 2005 excerpt somebody posted earlier. Lisa avoids answering Stern directly when asked if she was "touched".
And the fact that Priscilla and Edwards continued their relationship for further three years after the supposed abuse(s) does suggest that Priscilla did not believe Lisa's allegation(s) of abuse
Last edited by Walter Hale 4 on Thu Oct 17, 2024 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

Jaime1234
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Jaime1234 »

Still Top 5

Jaime1234
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Jaime1234 »

#2 in NYT lists of combined print books and e-books non fiction

https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/combined-print-and-e-book-nonfiction/
Last edited by Jaime1234 on Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Igotstung
Registered for: 10 months

Post by Igotstung »

Lisa was clearly uncomfortable on the Stern show to talk in detail. She does suggest that there was more.
Confusion about abuse, especially when the victim is a child is very common. This doesn't mean we should doubt the victim.

Priscilla Presley is not the subject of this book, so can we please talk about the book?

Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

Igotstung wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 7:13 am
Lisa was clearly uncomfortable on the Stern show to talk in detail. She does suggest that there was more.
Confusion about abuse, especially when the victim is a child is very common. This doesn't mean we should doubt the victim.

Priscilla Presley is not the subject of this book, so can we please talk about the book?
but it stands to reason: That for most women/ wives would cease their relationship/ marriages to their partner once they find out their partner has interfered with their child. I now have my doubts on most of Lisa's abuse statements.

Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

Riley's across the Atlantic now:

Wayfarer
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Post by Wayfarer »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 3:34 am
DEH wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 2:53 am
Good one DEH,

yes it does seem that way to me after playing the Stern 2005 excerpt somebody posted earlier. Lisa avoids answering Stern directly when asked if she was "touched".
And the fact that Priscilla and Edwards continued their relationship for further three years after the supposed abuse(s) does suggest that Priscilla did not believe Lisa's allegation(s) of abuse
It could be something both mother and daughter did not want to mention to others at the time. About 7 years ago, a relative told me that when she tutored by a family friend of her mother's and tutor to her mother when the mother was a child, this male tutor, out of the blue, stuck is hand out and touched the young child's chest before resuming. The relative was about 8-10 years old at the time of the touching. She said this fondling confused her and not being able to process it, she told her mother hoping for some personal peace of mind. But her mother, said, no she was wrong about it happening, laughed it off (perhaps nervously), told her not to mention it to anyone else, and all of them didn't mention the incident again, until the relative told me of much later, with mature understanding of the incident. Both incidents stayed in the child's mind as an unresolved concern. This relative seethed privately every day and was not sad at all when the tutor moved somewhere unknown and eventually died. Not surprisingly, there is something very wrong in the way the mother dismissed the child's story. But maybe the mother believed her, but couldn't deal with it - it smacked too much of a mother's fear about consequences. The parent may have confronted the man at some point, but it's important to note that silence to rest of the world was how they all dealt with the shameful incident.

TINML
Registered for: 21 years 5 months

Post by TINML »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:20 am
Igotstung wrote:

but it stands to reason: That for most women/ wives would cease their relationship/ marriages to their partner once they find out their partner has interfered with their child. I now have my doubts on most of Lisa's abuse statements.
You are out of your depth on this one, IMO. Most does not equal all.

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

Topic author
Igotstung

Post by Igotstung »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Igotstung wrote:

Victims of abuse don't follow a script. I sincerely suggest you do more research on this. Doubting a victim because of how they have reacted in public forums in the pastbis really not the road you may want to take.

And I can't recommend learning from this fabulous book enough.

Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

Igotstung wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:48 pm
Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Igotstung wrote:

Victims of abuse don't follow a script. I sincerely suggest you do more research on this. Doubting a victim because of how they have reacted in public forums in the pastbis really not the road you may want to take.

let's just say i find her abuses in the book largely exaggerated now (ie the constant slapping on her rear end), unless Priscilla was or would have to have been an extremely forgiving person to have continued her relationship with edwards for another 2-3 years, knowing what Lisa told her.
Lisa also had one other opportunity (playboy 2003, i believe) to put her side of the allegations but she stopped short of physical abuses then as well.
Obviously there's a lot at stake when writing a book that you need a controversial angle to ensure bulk sales.

Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

very good summary by J.R. The King of London..

emjel
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by emjel »

Jaime1234 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:20 am
Hardcover non fiction #2

https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/hardcover-nonfiction/
It’s all the Michael Jackson fans who are buying it.

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by sweetangeline »

emjel wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 1:45 am
Jaime1234 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:20 am
Hardcover non fiction #2

https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/hardcover-nonfiction/
It’s all the Michael Jackson fans who are buying it.
...no way I`m going with Nicolas Cage fans :wink:

Topic author
Igotstung

Post by Igotstung »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:40 am
Igotstung wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:48 pm
Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Igotstung wrote:

let's just say i find her abuses in the book largely exaggerated now (ie the constant slapping on her rear end), unless Priscilla was or would have to have been an extremely forgiving person to have continued her relationship with edwards for another 2-3 years, knowing what Lisa told her.
Lisa also had one other opportunity (playboy 2003, i believe) to put her side of the allegations but she stopped short of physical abuses then as well.
Obviously there's a lot at stake when writing a book that you need a controversial angle to ensure bulk sales.
Lisa Marie had plenty of "controversial angles" about mega celebrities in her life to last half a dozen books, she didn't need to make one up about some non entity.

Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

great audio work by ReadBooks...

some references to sleazy Edwards comes in at the 1:42.40 point. Another thing sounds like Lisa was turning to cocaine as a source of dealing with her depression, at a young age possibly 11-12 years.

From Here to the Great Unknown by Lisa Marie Presley & Riley Keough | Audiobook | Book Reading...

JohanD
Registered for: 21 years 6 months

Post by JohanD »

Read the book.
It's a sad story, very sad...
Lisa fought her whole life to become someone, that her daddy could be proud of.
The love she felt for him was only notable in the love for her children.
The fact that her son Ben was not buried for two months, shocked me, there is no way that could be possible in Europe.
In fact, the day Elvis- her father- died, she never recovered from it and when her son Ben died, it was the point of no return.
They all knew it, they all saw it, but there was nothing that could be done.
A sad but honest book.

JohanD

luke1
Registered for: 21 years 6 months

Post by luke1 »

JohanD wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 7:26 pm
Read the book.
It's a sad story, very sad...
Lisa fought her whole life to become someone, that her daddy could be proud of.
The love she felt for him was only notable in the love for her children.
The fact that her son Ben was not buried for two months, shocked me, there is no way that could be possible in Europe.
In fact, the day Elvis- her father- died, she never recovered from it and when her son Ben died, it was the point of no return.
They all knew it, they all saw it, but there was nothing that could be done.
A sad but honest book.
Exactly. Finished the book last week. Especially sad as I watched many interviews with her and it was always a joyfull moment to hear her talk and reflect. She was so funny and intelligent…