More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Juan Luis

Re: Any love for "Kismet"?

Post by Juan Luis »

drjohncarpenter wrote:Back on topic:
There does not appear to be a whole lotta love for "Kismet."
Especially if one counts the repetitive posts of the haters.

MikeFromHolland

Post by MikeFromHolland »

Chris Roberts wrote:
Its roughly a 60% hate and a 40% love/like split. :)
Wrong, sir. I counted. 40 different people stated their opinion in this thread. 28 like the song, 12 disliked it. Those who dislike the song repeat themselves time and time again. So I understand your mistake. The dominant voices get heard the most, but please count as well, you will see I'm right. :D

::rocks

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

fn2drive
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION

Post by fn2drive »

Juan Luis wrote:
Calling out this sub mediocre track or highlighting Harem as underrated are out and out ignorant assertions. There is no hate involved and you seem unable to treat truth as other than an attack on you personally vs the fact that you are simply wrong. If 100 fans of Elvis music forced ranked his albums Harem would be in the bottom quartile if not bottom decile and for many near dead last. There is no music critic on earth and almost no fan that thinks of Harem when they think of Elvis or his work. It is unadultered garbage by and large from an unwatchable embarrasment of a film.

Hack n. 1. a person, esp. a professional, who surrenders individual independence, integrity, belief, etc., in return for money or other reward

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

fn2drive wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:
Calling out this sub mediocre track or highlighting Harem as underrated are out and out ignorant assertions. There is no hate involved and you seem unable to treat truth as other than an attack on you personally vs the fact that you are simply wrong. If 100 fans of Elvis music forced ranked his albums Harem would be in the bottom quartile if not bottom decile and for many near dead last. There is no music critic on earth and almost no fan that thinks of Harem when they think of Elvis or his work. It is unadulterated garbage by and large from an unwatchable embarrassment of a film.
Despite your harsh tone, I cannot disagree with this assessment.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Eggrert

Post by Eggrert »

fn2drive wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:
Calling out this sub mediocre track or highlighting Harem as underrated are out and out ignorant assertions. There is no hate involved and you seem unable to treat truth as other than an attack on you personally vs the fact that you are simply wrong.
The only "ignorant assertions" in this thread are by those who seem utterly incapable of understanding that it cannot possibly be wrong to like a song, or an album, or a film.

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

fn2drive wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:
Calling out this sub mediocre track or highlighting Harem as underrated are out and out ignorant assertions. There is no hate involved and you seem unable to treat truth as other than an attack on you personally vs the fact that you are simply wrong. If 100 fans of Elvis music forced ranked his albums Harem would be in the bottom quartile if not bottom decile and for many near dead last. There is no music critic on earth and almost no fan that thinks of Harem when they think of Elvis or his work. It is unadultered garbage by and large from an unwatchable embarrasment of a film.
And how many times do you have to state it? Once, twice, thrice, plus more is not enough? Take your vile elsewhere. You got plenty.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

No improvement on the maths then? Oh well.

minkahed

Post by minkahed »

People, C'mon the song sucks c'mon

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

minkahed wrote:People, C'mon the song sucks c'mon
Do not agree. But your post makes me smile cause you are not being a dick-a-roo about it! :)

MikeFromHolland

MikeFromHolland wrote:
Chris Roberts wrote:
Its roughly a 60% hate and a 40% love/like split. :)
Wrong, sir. I counted. 40 different people stated their opinion in this thread. 28 like the song, 12 disliked it. Those who dislike the song repeat themselves time and time again. So I understand your mistake. The dominant voices get heard the most, but please count as well, you will see I'm right. :D

As i said in another topic: diversionary tactics always work. And it seems to work again. The dominant voices ignore the facts. So for a second time, a little bit louder:

In this thread 40 people stated their opinion. 28 like the song, 12 people dislike it.

Again: you can count it for yourself. Repeating the opposite doesn't make you look any smarter.

Just sayin'.

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

MikeFromHolland

fn2drive wrote: If 100 fans of Elvis music forced ranked his albums Harem would be in the bottom quartile if not bottom decile and for many near dead last.
You're right. On this site for example it's on the edge between the fourth and third quartile.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/every-elvis-album-ranked.html

Nowhere in this thread I see anyone saying otherwise. Please, read the thread again and tell us something we DON'T know.

Thanks.

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

jeanno

Post by jeanno »

HS is real dire. Maybe not as bad as Double Trouble or Elvis In Concert but still very bad. Even on songs like "kismet" where the singing is good, he can't save the track (who could?)

Low point.

Davelee
Banned -- Same user as "mysterytrainrideson"

Post by Davelee »

Eggrert wrote:
fn2drive wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:
Calling out this sub mediocre track or highlighting Harem as underrated are out and out ignorant assertions. There is no hate involved and you seem unable to treat truth as other than an attack on you personally vs the fact that you are simply wrong.
The only "ignorant assertions" in this thread are by those who seem utterly incapable of understanding that it cannot possibly be wrong to like a song, or an album, or a film.
This is incorrect. No one has put down anyone for liking the song, but simply stated that it's not a good song, it's simply rubbish. If one likes a bad song, film or album that's ok but trying to fob it off as great then attacking people for putting the song down because they themselves like it is "ignorant assertions". The Song by any means is not top drawer stuff. Now, we know from history that Elvis himself Very much disliked the majority of his movies in the 60s and the songs too and I would imagine Harum Scarum and Kismet is one of them. If Elvis had of went on TV and said the movie (Harum Scarum) was one of his worst films and the songs were rubbish, I wonder how people, who like the film and song, would react to that?

MikeFromHolland

Davelee wrote:The Song by any means is not top drawer stuff. Now, we know from history that Elvis himself Very much disliked the majority of his movies in the 60s and the songs too and I would imagine Harum Scarum and Kismet is one of them. If Elvis had of went on TV and said the movie (Harum Scarum) was one of his worst films and the songs were rubbish, I wonder how people, who like the film and song, would react to that?
Please, Davelee. Tell us something we don't know. You already said this several times in this thread and really no one says Kismet or HS is top notch. What's your opinion about 28 likes for the song and (now) 13 dislikes?

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

Davelee

Post by Davelee »

MikeFromHolland wrote:
Davelee wrote:The Song by any means is not top drawer stuff. Now, we know from history that Elvis himself Very much disliked the majority of his movies in the 60s and the songs too and I would imagine Harum Scarum and Kismet is one of them. If Elvis had of went on TV and said the movie (Harum Scarum) was one of his worst films and the songs were rubbish, I wonder how people, who like the film and song, would react to that?
Please, Davelee. Tell us something we don't know. You already said this several times in this thread and really no one says Kismet or HS is top notch. What's your opinion about 28 likes for the song and (now) 13 dislikes?

Please Mike, if you can't read properly please don't reply to my posts. Thank you.

MikeFromHolland

Davelee wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:

Please Mike, if you can't read properly please don't reply to my posts. Thank you.

Intelligent reply. Thanks! The diversionary tactics at work again.

:D

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

Davelee

Post by Davelee »

MikeFromHolland wrote:
Davelee wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:

Intelligent reply. Thanks! The diversionary tactics at work again.

:D

Reading classes are available. All you have to do is find the one that's suits you. Good luck.

jurasic1968

Post by jurasic1968 »

In the Mojave desert, on the road to Hollywood to do the movie Harum Scarum Elvis "saw" in the clouds the face of Joseph Stalin transforming to the face of Jesus very soon. Maybe songs like Kismet and Mirage were the result of this "vision". Just joking, but Larry Geller said that Elvis wanted to become a monk after this incident happened.

MikeFromHolland

Davelee wrote: Reading classes are available. All you have to do is find the one that's suits you. Good luck.

Is it really that hard to answer a simple question? :facep: Proofs me you really can't think for yourself.

What's your opinion about 28 likes for the song and (now) 13 dislikes?

Last edited by MikeFromHolland on Sat May 21, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

JohanD

Post by JohanD »

It's all a matter of opinion...
Personal opinion.

Do i think it's better then his best work at "Elvis is back" or "From Elvis in Memphis"?
No, not at all...

But to me- and i don't care what other say about this-, together with "Fun in Acapulco", "Harum Scarum" is my most played soundtrack.
It's different, it has his own style, and has lovely songs on it... above all: our guy sings like a bird.

JohanD

MikeFromHolland

JohanD wrote:It's all a matter of opinion...
Personal opinion.
Exactly.

:smt006

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

Davelee

Post by Davelee »

MikeFromHolland wrote:
Davelee wrote: Reading classes are available. All you have to do is find the one that's suits you. Good luck.

Is it really that hard to answer a simple question? :facep: Proofs me you really can't think for yourself.

What's your opinion about 28 likes for the song and (now) 13 dislikes?

I've already stated them in my posts on this thread. Reading and understanding is the key. Good luck.

MikeFromHolland

Davelee wrote: I've already stated them in my posts on this thread. Reading and understanding is the key. Good luck.
No you didn't. This is just another copy-paste reply from the doc somewhere to avoid an answer. Please Davelee, try to think for yourself. I can imagine it can be tough if you're not used to it, but give it a shot. You might come to like it. Well, at least I do :D

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

Davelee

Post by Davelee »

MikeFromHolland wrote:
Davelee wrote: I've already stated them in my posts on this thread. Reading and understanding is the key. Good luck.
No you didn't. This is just another copy-paste reply from the doc somewhere to avoid an answer. Please Davelee, try to think for yourself. I can imagine it can be tough if you're not used to it, but give it a shot. You might come to like it. Well, at least I do :D

Keep reading!

MikeFromHolland

Davelee wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:

Keep reading!
Handy tool, isn't it. Copy-paste :D

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...