Lisa Marie has passed away

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator5, Moderator3, Site Mechanic

Jaime1234
Registered for: 13 years

Re: Lisa Marie has passed away

Post by Jaime1234 »

She is in the best hands, that of God and the Virgin Mary. I really hope we will be able to watch the Memorial.

minkahed
Registered for: 21 years 4 months

Post by minkahed »

brian wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:03 am
I always expected Lisa to live a very long life and I'm extremely saddened that it didn't happen. Things in the Elvis world don't seem as important with Lisa gone now. I'm not feeling as passionate about things in the Elvis world with Lisa gone. Does any of that matter now that Lisa is gone. I don't think it does.
A friend of mine said something of the same kind about collecting and another dude said that he was in no way “a Fan of Elvis” and I was thinking, “TF …” ??? Huh ???

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

minkahed
Registered for: 21 years 4 months

Post by minkahed »

samses wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:53 pm
Ciscoking wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:10 pm
What makes me a bit reflecting..Vernon, Gladys, Elvis and Lisa died cause of heart diseases..sure..Gladys (repordetly) had liver problems...Vernon was a strong smoker...and Elvis ..well...we know.
The questions remains for me..did Lisa lead a "healthy"..life style....I know her too little.
Elvis did not die of a heart disease and we don't know what killed Lisa. We can't even be sure what killed Gladys since there was no autopsy performed.
Elvis didn’t die … He just went home.

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by BrianTCB »

minkahed wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:16 pm
samses wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:53 pm
Ciscoking wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:10 pm
What makes me a bit reflecting..Vernon, Gladys, Elvis and Lisa died cause of heart diseases..sure..Gladys (repordetly) had liver problems...Vernon was a strong smoker...and Elvis ..well...we know.
The questions remains for me..did Lisa lead a "healthy"..life style....I know her too little.
Elvis did not die of a heart disease and we don't know what killed Lisa. We can't even be sure what killed Gladys since there was no autopsy performed.
Elvis didn’t die … He just went home.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Best quote from Men In Black.

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by rjm »

Too many fans are stuck in wrong-headed, outmoded views of everything from substance-related illnesses, mental health issues, and well, just about everything that can be stigmatized. That has CAUSED more damage than the illnesses themselves!

And now, because of this, the fans AND the press have gone all the way back to the bigoted views of Albert Goldman and his eugenics-based crap about Elvis' maternal grandparents being first cousins. They're calling it "a genetic curse." Amidst the grief, I'm also seething! This is medically foolish, especially several generations from his grandparents. But worse, it's feeding stereotypes about poor, rural people from 100 years ago. The fans think they're protecting Elvis' image when they're doing just the opposite.

A small genetic predisposition to certain illnesses is mathematically amplified in the children of first cousins, but it is NOT "destiny." That's ridiculous. But worse, it's feeding harmful bigotry. And it's just everywhere now.

I urge everyone to study the history of the junk science of eugenics. There are documentaries to watch, books, etc. Please. They actually sterilized people against their will! And that author Hoedel actually wrote that Elvis Presley should not have been born! Because "first cousins." Google this for yourself. And the fans will bite at anything, anything at all that points away from his substance issues.

Here's a look at one documentary and panel on eugenics.

The wounds are too fresh now to deal with the implications of this, but in time, it must be.

I thank God Elvis Presley was born!

rjm

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

Richard H
Registered for: 3 years 8 months

Post by Richard H »

rjm wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:46 pm
Jaime1234 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:03 pm
She is in the best hands, that of God and the Virgin Mary.
That's lovely.

I'd like to think that Elvis' worldwide fame would have made them both accepted by quite a few of the none-Christian gods too, from all over the world. I dearly hope Lisa is also at rest in the arms of Allah, and that his eternal light will grace her beautiful soul. And perhaps Elvis will be sitting on the right hand of Thor, right by his hammer*. Or they'll both be being blessed by Vishnu or Rama, or even Aphrodite. Either way, their eternal light will shine on, as they journey through the stars, like the Starship Enterprise.

*Actually, Trini Lopez might be sitting there. It might be a bit of a squash.

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

Richard H wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:33 am
rjm wrote:
Jaime1234 wrote:
That's lovely.

I'd like to think that Elvis' worldwide fame would have made them both accepted by quite a few of the none-Christian gods too, from all over the world. I dearly hope Lisa is also at rest in the arms of Allah, and that his eternal light will grace her beautiful soul. And perhaps Elvis will be sitting on the right hand of Thor, right by his hammer*. Or they'll both be being blessed by Vishnu or Rama, or even Aphrodite. Either way, their eternal light will shine on, as they journey through the stars, like the Starship Enterprise.

Wonderful!!

eligain
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by eligain »

Richard H wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:33 am
rjm wrote:
Jaime1234 wrote:
That's lovely.

You forgot that Lisa's Thetan will commune with Xenu! Oh yeah, I guess she left the Church of Scientology.

Never mind.

Richard H
Registered for: 3 years 8 months

Post by Richard H »

Wonderwall wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:41 am
Jaime1234 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:23 am
Wonderful!!
God's light might travel around the world, but sarcasm doesn't.
Not too quick on the uptake, is he? I suppose some just people need broader brush-strokes.
eligain wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:37 am
You forgot that Lisa's Thetan will commune with Xenu! Oh yeah, I guess she left the Church of Scientology.
Never mind.
No, it works, bring 'em all on. I bet she's being taught to dance by Pan, being shown how to make sandcastles by Ishtar (or Donna Butterworth), and is being shown wood-whittling by Cernunos.
All whilst being re-united with Scatter, Get-lo, and Maxie Fields. It's crowded up there!

eligain

Post by eligain »

Richard H wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:52 am
Wonderwall wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:41 am
Jaime1234 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:23 am
Wonderful!!
God's light might travel around the world, but sarcasm doesn't.
Not too quick on the uptake, is he? I suppose some just people need broader brush-strokes.
eligain wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:37 am
Never mind.
No, it works, bring 'em all on. I bet she's being taught to dance by Pan, being shown how to make sandcastles by Ishtar (or Donna Butterworth), and is being shown wood-whittling by Cernunos.
All whilst being re-united with Scatter, Get-lo, and Maxie Fields. It's crowded up there!
Damn! I forgot about Scatter! They need to have him moved to the meditation gardens!

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

Sarah Ferguson ex-Duchess of York has taken to social media and shared her memories and deep condolences -

Sarah Ferguson is adding to the many tributes remembering Lisa Marie Presley.

Fergie, as the Duchess of York is affectionately known, shared a photo on her Twitter and Instagram pages with Presley, who died on Tuesday at age 54.

"I say hello to you everyday and I love you my sissy and I will continue to say hello to you everyday," Fergie, 63, wrote. "You were my sissy, an amazing mother to Ben, Riley, Harper and Finley and a superbly loving daughter to Priscilla. You have been my devoted friend for many years and I am here for your family to support and love them."

She added, "I am deeply saddened my sissy, you are in my heart."

Fergie previously shared the same photo to express support for her friend after Presley's son, Benjamin Keough, died by suicide in 2020.

"You stayed with me in my darkest moment and I am here in Yours .. love you my sister Lisa Marie .. wherever, whatever I am with you, in all steadfastness," the Duchess of York shared in the message.

"Dearest Lisa Marie, Finley, Harper and Riley," she continued, naming the singer-songwriter's three daughters. "You have a family here and I love my sissy .. love you to your heart and will never stop loving my sissy."

https://people.com/royals/sarah-ferguson-mourns-lisa-marie-presley-sissy-devoted-friend/

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:51 am
Sarah Ferguson ex-Duchess of York has taken to social media and shared her memories and deep condolences -

Sarah Ferguson is adding to the many tributes remembering Lisa Marie Presley.

Fergie, as the Duchess of York is affectionately known, shared a photo on her Twitter and Instagram pages with Presley, who died on Tuesday at age 54.

"I say hello to you everyday and I love you my sissy and I will continue to say hello to you everyday," Fergie, 63, wrote. "You were my sissy, an amazing mother to Ben, Riley, Harper and Finley and a superbly loving daughter to Priscilla. You have been my devoted friend for many years and I am here for your family to support and love them."

She added, "I am deeply saddened my sissy, you are in my heart."

Fergie previously shared the same photo to express support for her friend after Presley's son, Benjamin Keough, died by suicide in 2020.

"You stayed with me in my darkest moment and I am here in Yours .. love you my sister Lisa Marie .. wherever, whatever I am with you, in all steadfastness," the Duchess of York shared in the message.

"Dearest Lisa Marie, Finley, Harper and Riley," she continued, naming the singer-songwriter's three daughters. "You have a family here and I love my sissy .. love you to your heart and will never stop loving my sissy."

https://people.com/royals/sarah-ferguson-mourns-lisa-marie-presley-sissy-devoted-friend/
What a classy lady!!"May God bless her!!

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

rjm wrote:
Too many fans are stuck in wrong-headed, outmoded views of everything from substance-related illnesses, mental health issues, and well, just about everything that can be stigmatized. That has CAUSED more damage than the illnesses themselves!

And now, because of this, the fans AND the press have gone all the way back to the bigoted views of Albert Goldman and his eugenics-based crap about Elvis' maternal grandparents being first cousins. They're calling it "a genetic curse." Amidst the grief, I'm also seething! This is medically foolish, especially several generations from his grandparents. But worse, it's feeding stereotypes about poor, rural people from 100 years ago. The fans think they're protecting Elvis' image when they're doing just the opposite.

A small genetic predisposition to certain illnesses is mathematically amplified in the children of first cousins, but it is NOT "destiny." That's ridiculous. But worse, it's feeding harmful bigotry. And it's just everywhere now.

I urge everyone to study the history of the junk science of eugenics. There are documentaries to watch, books, etc. Please. They actually sterilized people against their will! And that author Hoedel actually wrote that Elvis Presley should not have been born! Because "first cousins." Google this for yourself. And the fans will bite at anything, anything at all that points away from his substance issues.

The wounds are too fresh now to deal with the implications of this, but in time, it must be.

rjm
Sorry RJM, but you are way off base. And your accusations are baseless.

Pointing out potential correlative inherited heart defects is not eugenics. Eugenics is about "the study of how to arrange reproduction within a human population to increase the occurrence of heritable characteristics regarded as desirable. Developed largely by Sir Francis Galton as a method of improving the human race, eugenics was increasingly discredited as unscientific and racially biased during the 20th century, especially after the adoption of its doctrines by the Nazis in order to justify their treatment of Jews, disabled people, and other minority groups."

Aside from that, it is medical fact that there are inherited heart conditions that can occur, including those mentioned here (https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/heart-and-blood-vessels/conditions/inherited-heart-conditions).

Some of these medical conditions include:

Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM) 
Idiopathic or familial Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) 
Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVC) 
Restrictive cardiomyopathy

Correct me if I am wrong, but Elvis had several symptoms of familial arrhythmia, including "fainting or blackouts (also known as syncope or "near" faint)", most famous of which is Lousiville, Kentucky in 1977, in which he had to be revived by Dr. Nick dunking his head in water. Could they have been due to overuse of drugs? Sure. But sudden and unanticipated death happens too much in the Presley family to ignore.

As I have stated in my original posts on the topic, I have no desire to eliminate personal responsibility in such situations. The fact is fact and history is past. Elvis and Lisa both suffered through drug and addiction issues. But there are some correlations, which are backed up by medical diagnoses from established doctors, and backed up by those specific asks in this very thread.

I don't think anyone ever made the argument that Elvis should not have been born. That is not what these discussions are about, and I am saddened and disappointed that you would make such an accusation.
Last edited by BrianTCB on Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Swamp Fox
Registered for: 21 years 6 months

Post by The Swamp Fox »

LEX TALIONIS

STAY FROSTY, STAY STRAPPED, AND STAY DANGEROUS!

WEAK MEN CREATE HARD TIMES

eligain

Post by eligain »

BrianTCB wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:48 am
rjm wrote:

rjm

Pointing out potential correlative inherited heart defects is not eugenics. Eugenics is about "the study of how to arrange reproduction within a human population to increase the occurrence of heritable characteristics regarded as desirable. Developed largely by Sir Francis Galton as a method of improving the human race, eugenics was increasingly discredited as unscientific and racially biased during the 20th century, especially after the adoption of its doctrines by the Nazis in order to justify their treatment of Jews, disabled people, and other minority groups."

Aside from that, it is medical fact that there are inherited heart conditions that can occur, including those mentioned here (https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/heart-and-blood-vessels/conditions/inherited-heart-conditions).

Correct me if I am wrong, but Elvis had several symptoms of familial arrhythmia, including "fainting or blackouts (also known as syncope or "near" faint)", most famous of which is Lousiville, Kentucky in 1977, in which he had to be revived by Dr. Nick dunking his head in water. Could they have been due to overuse of drugs? Sure. But sudden and unanticipated death happens too much in the Presley family to ignore.

As I have stated in my original posts on the topic, I have no desire to eliminate personal responsibility in such situations. The fact is fact and history is past. Elvis and Lisa both suffered through drug and addiction issues. But there are some correlations, which are backed up by medical diagnoses from established doctors, and backed up by those specific asks in this very thread.

I don't think anyone ever made the argument that Elvis should not have been born. That is not what these discussions are about, and I am saddened and disappointed that you would make such an accusation.
I have never read of Elvis having "familial arrhythmia" blackouts or near blackouts. Is that from Hoedel's book? Sorry but I just don't buy all of her hypotheses. Too much speculations, too much grasping at straws. I don't necessarily agree with rjm's theory that Hoedel's book is about eugenics but I do agree that many fans have latched on to her book because they are desperate to prove Elvis wasn't addicted to drugs or that he was using drugs to self medicate for secret illnesses.

The Lousiville, Kentucky incident in 1977 had to do with drugs, not a heart condition.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

eligain wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:00 am
BrianTCB wrote:
rjm wrote:

rjm

I have never read of Elvis having "familial arrhythmia" blackouts or near blackouts. Is that from Hoedel's book? Sorry but I just don't buy all of her hypotheses. Too much speculations, too much grasping at straws. I don't necessarily agree with rjm's theory that Hoedel's book is about eugenics but I do agree that many fans have latched on to her book because they are desperate to prove Elvis wasn't addicted to drugs or that he was using drugs to self medicate for secret illnesses.

The Lousiville, Kentucky incident in 1977 had to do with drugs, not a heart condition.
Sorry about that, Eligain. I was simply using that as an example of symptoms that Elvis experienced throughout the 70s. Not as a reference of anything I had read in terms of a diagnosis.

I apologize if that wasn't made clear.

I agree with you on the many fans part, but I'm not trying to prove Elvis wasn't addicted to drugs. I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm simply trying to work out what's going on here. I love the Presley family and still can't believe we've lost another one. Never would have expected Lisa Marie to be the next one who died.

But explain to me this: if Elvis' fainting really was due to drugs, and not due to an exacerbating heart issue, why is it so many performers throughout the 70s did drugs in massive quantities and didn't have such fainting spells?

By the way: what caused Elvis' fall in the bathroom in 1967 when he hit his head at the Palm Springs hideaway? Did he faint then at all?

eligain

Post by eligain »

BrianTCB wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:17 am
eligain wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:00 am
BrianTCB wrote:
rjm wrote:

rjm

Sorry about that, Eligain. I was simply using that as an example of symptoms that Elvis experienced throughout the 70s. Not as a reference of anything I had read in terms of a diagnosis.

I apologize if that wasn't made clear.

I agree with you on the many fans part, but I'm not trying to prove Elvis wasn't addicted to drugs. I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm simply trying to work out what's going on here. I love the Presley family and still can't believe we've lost another one. Never would have expected Lisa Marie to be the next one who died.

But explain to me this: if Elvis' fainting really was due to drugs, and not due to an exacerbating heart issue, why is it so many performers throughout the 70s did drugs in massive quantities and didn't have such fainting spells?

By the way: what caused Elvis' fall in the bathroom in 1967 when he hit his head at the Palm Springs hideaway? Did he faint then at all?
I thought the concussion in 67 was from tripping on the hair dryer cord?

I hate to say that I've felt Lisa's days were numbered after her son's suicide. I was hoping she would stay strong for the twins and Riley and Riley's future kids. I had a bad feeling after seeing the clips of her being interviewed at the Golden Globes.

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by rjm »

BrianTCB wrote:
rjm wrote:

rjm

Correlation is not causation.

Having issues with substances and mental health does not reflect poorly on anyone's character. I explicitly condemned the negative stigmatization that too often goes along with these medical problems. If you see it as a failure of "personal responsibility," that's really more your view and that of many fans than that of current medical management of these types of illnesses.

I'm sorry if I sound angry about this. But as I have followed the coverage, I am increasingly angry about this. Not at anyone posting here, just at anyone, everyone who is accepting this "theory." I honestly don't think even Hoedel realizes the dark implications of her book. I really don't. (If that makes me an over-educated snob for connecting the obvious dots, what can I do? I see what I see, hear what I hear.)

Neither Elvis nor his daughter were "destined to die young." THAT is eugenics in the 21st century, sadly. Life experience is just as significant as inherited predispositions from so long ago. There is no "genetic curse." This is nonsense at this point. And it's dangerous nonsense, stereotyping the family as "poor white #@$&-." I won't write the whole phrase, but that's what this is leading to. And it ticks me off. Don't say you don't know what I mean by quoting a dictionary.

She didn't have anything they could find at autopsy. They are awaiting the toxicological examination, which takes at least weeks. Did her heart stop beating in a rhythm that supports life? Yes. That is how we all die.

This does not reflect on her character, or involve "personal responsibility." She's been suffering unbearable anguish since Benjamin died. It's been too much. Where is the compassion? Or are "genetically cursed" people not deserving of the same compassion as people descended from neat and tidy middle class backgrounds?

And yes, it has been stated on television/Internet that because Bob and Doll Smith were first cousins, Elvis' eventual existence was something that should not have happened. Yesterday. Just yesterday. Google it.

Here's some hints, from media all over the world.
Screenshot_20230118-000034_Google.jpg
rjm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

rjm wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:54 am
BrianTCB wrote:
rjm wrote:

rjm

Correlation is not causation.

Having issues with substances and mental health does not reflect poorly on anyone's character. I explicitly condemned the negative stigmatization that too often goes along with these medical problems. If you see it as a failure of "personal responsibility," that's really more your view and that of many fans than that of current medical management of these types of illnesses.

I'm sorry if I sound angry about this. But as I have followed the coverage, I am increasingly angry about this. Not at anyone posting here, just at anyone, everyone who is accepting this "theory." I honestly don't think even Hoedel realizes the dark implications of her book. I really don't. (If that makes me an over-educated snob for connecting the obvious dots, what can I do? I see what I see, hear what I hear.)

Neither Elvis nor his daughter were "destined to die young." THAT is eugenics in the 21st century, sadly. Life experience is just as significant as inherited predispositions from so long ago. There is no "genetic curse." This is nonsense at this point. And it's dangerous nonsense, stereotyping the family as "poor white #@$&-." I won't write the whole phrase, but that's what this is leading to. And it ticks me off. Don't say you don't know what I mean by quoting a dictionary.

She didn't have anything they could find at autopsy. They are awaiting the toxicological examination, which takes at least weeks. Did her heart stop beating in a rhythm that supports life? Yes. That is how we all die.

This does not reflect on her character, or involve "personal responsibility." She's been suffering unbearable anguish since Benjamin died. It's been too much. Where is the compassion? Or are "genetically cursed" people not deserving of the same compassion as people descended from neat and tidy middle class backgrounds?

And yes, it has been stated on television/Internet that because Bob and Doll Smith were first cousins, Elvis' eventual existence was something that should not have happened. Yesterday. Just yesterday. Google it.

Here's some hints, from media all over the world.

rjm
You're talking BS media sources (the two that you have mentioned). These sources shown are nothing but tabloid rags. Of course they are going to sensationalize and scream about it. They should never be treated as factual sources.

Please, stop reading the tabloid headlines. Most of the public who cares has. We have learned long ago that there is nothing worth gaining by reading them.

It also does nothing positive for the blood pressure!! :D

This has nothing to do with eugenics, and I wholeheartedly disagree with your view. You're basically saying that Hoedel is a Nazi. And I am sure she would disagree with you on that. The book does not take the curse thing seriously, though.

The title of the book may have likely been a poor choice, though, but I'm going to read it to see what she has to say.

Swedish

Post by Swedish »

LMP books
books.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shakin' Stevens aka Michael Barratt March 4th 1948 - 36 Marcross Rd, Cardiff suburb of Ely, South Wales

Alexander
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Alexander »

Elvis died young and so did his daugther. Whether it is a matter of bad genes or a plain and simple case of bad luck - anyone's guess is as good as mine.
I only know that I read the obituaries and felt quite shaken reading her harsh and tragic life story over and over again. It made me read her essay on grief with tears in my eyes and I could not help seeing her stumble at the Golden Globes. Each time I had to fight my tears again, because in a way her appearance reminded me somehow of Elvis in Omaha, June 19, 1977. Only now, almost a week after she passed away I realized how hard that news hit me.
I am sure most of you feel the same. Let's not argue on the details surrounding her death. She deserves better. She deserves peace now.

luke1

Post by luke1 »

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

Any news on whether the ceremony will be carried by the Graceland live cam?

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

Jaime1234 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:31 pm
Any news on whether the ceremony will be carried by the Graceland live cam?

I cant believe our luck. I post the above comment and when I go to my hot mail, 3 seconds later, the invitation is there, since an hour before. It will be covered.

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 18, 2023
Lisa Marie Presley Memorial Service Information

Lisa Marie Presley’s Memorial Service will be held on Sunday, January 22, at 9:00 am on Graceland’s Front Lawn. In addition to family and friends, the general public is invited to attend. Following the service, there will be a procession to view Lisa’s final resting place in Meditation Garden.

If you are unable to attend the service in Memphis, the ceremony will be available to watch online via Graceland’s Livestream page.

SERVICE INFORMATION
Lisa Marie’s memorial service will take place on the front lawn of Graceland. Fans will gather on the north lawn of Graceland Mansion, adjacent to the seated area on the center lawn that will be reserved for Lisa Marie’s family and friends. Access to the north lawn will be standing room only, on a first come, first served basis as space allows.

Please read through all the following information carefully.

PARKING
Graceland parking will open at 5:00 am on Sunday, January 22. Graceland’s main parking lot is located at 3717 Elvis Presley Blvd. The Memphis Police Department will not allow cars to line up on Elvis Presley Blvd. prior to 5:00 am when the parking lot opens, so please plan your arrival accordingly. Parking is $10 for cars and $15 for oversized vehicles.

GUEST ACCESS TO SERVICE
At 5:00 am, fans will be allowed to enter Elvis Presley’s Memphis complex via the TCB white gates, located inside main parking lot. After entering through the gates, proceed up the ramp, turn left at Vernon’s Smokehouse, and then proceed down across the footbridge to a queue line area in front of the airplane terminal. Joining the queue line via the Graceland parking lot/TCB white gates is the only point of access – you will not be able to enter the queue line via Elvis Presley Blvd.

At 7:00 am, fans in the queue line will begin to pass through the security check point before being escorted across Elvis Presley Blvd., through the main Graceland gates, and allowed to proceed to Graceland’s north lawn via the driveway.

The north lawn area can accommodate hundreds of people, but since we cannot predict turnout, we cannot guarantee entry. This area will be limited to standing room only, and once the area is full, fans will be asked to remain outside the gates until the procession to Meditation Garden begins following the service.

Due to expected rain throughout the week, we anticipate the grass to be wet and the ground soft. Please plan accordingly with footwear. Cold weather is also anticipated.

MEDITATION GARDEN PROCESSION
Following the memorial service, all fans may join a procession to Meditation Garden where Lisa Marie and her family have been laid to rest and then back down through the front gates. All guests on the north lawn will be able to join the procession following friends and family. EPE staff will be on hand to provide direction to those fans on the north lawn.

Fans unable to access the north lawn for the service due to capacity, will be allowed to join procession as well. To participate in the procession, you MUST be in the queue line in front of the airplane terminal no later than 11:00 am. No one will be able to join the queue/procession line after this time.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO KNOW

GRACELAND TOURS
Graceland Mansion Tours will begin at 12:00 pm on Sunday, January 22, and will only be available as part of our Graceland UVIP guided-tour experience. Only a limited amount of UVIP tours will be available on this day.

In addition, Elvis Presley’s Memphis and the Lisa Marie Airplane will open to ticketed guests at 10:00 am and be open throughout the day. The Lisa Marie: Growing Up Presley Exhibit is included as part of the Elvis Presley’s Memphis experience. TICKET INFO

SECURITY
For the safety of those attending, fans will pass through a security checkpoint. No weapons, bags, (including camera bags, backpacks, shopping bags, coolers, briefcases, or luggage items), bullhorns, noisemakers, folding chairs or umbrellas will be allowed. All these items should be returned to your car before entering the queue line. Graceland is not responsible for holding your place in the queue should you need to return items to your car.

ACCESS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
Guests attending in wheelchairs, scooters, or walkers will be allowed into a handicapped area located on the driveway with 1 additional companion (who will stand). Please note, access to this area will require navigating up a steep hill on the paved driveway.

CAMERAS/AV
Still cameras with or without flash may be used on the mansion grounds; however, camera tripods, selfie sticks, video equipment, movie cameras, tape recorders, music playing devices and radios are strictly prohibited.

NO FOOD OR DRINKS
Food items, drink cans and glass containers are prohibited on the mansion grounds.

SMOKING
Smoking is not allowed anywhere on Graceland Mansion property. In the interest of the health and comfort of others, smokers on the street and on the plaza property are encouraged to find open, non-crowded areas to smoke.

FLOWERS OR MEMORIALS
You are welcome to bring single flowers, bouquets, or other small remembrances to place at the gravesite as you walk by in the procession. Larger floral arrangements must be left with security at the Graceland gates for placement by EPE staff prior to January 22.

In lieu of flowers, the family encourages all who wish to send something to do so in the form of a donation to The Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation. The Elvis Presley Charitable Foundation (EPCF), a qualified 501(c)(3) organization, offers support to various charitable organizations, especially focusing on arts, education, and children's programs in the Memphis/Whitehaven area. DONATE HERE

NO MORNING WALK-UPS
Due to arrangements for the memorial service, no morning walk-ups will be available the mornings of January 20-22.