Lee Wood
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 2 years 10 months

Re: Elvis Presley: Memphis (Box Set)

Post by Lee Wood »

dougkapp wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:03 am
Is there any chance that the tracks that were left out of the physical version will be released on streaming?
Has anyone heard anything?
They'll be on the next box so that we have to buy it all again.

Robert
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by Robert »

ale wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:11 pm
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 3:53 am
ale wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 3:30 am
Rubberneckin, Inherit he wind and If I'm a fool ...should have been included......instead of these....mama like the roses, hey jude and I can't stop loving you/this time jam.... :facep: increadible

Why do you think RCA made those choices?
You mean Sony?...by the way...I think Ernst made the choices
While black listing songs blind folded, "Take good care of her" unfortunately wasn't picked!

emjel
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by emjel »

dougkapp wrote:
Is there any chance that the tracks that were left out of the physical version will be released on streaming?
If anyone had heard anything, it would have been all over this thread and I’m sure that Sony would have mentioned it in their marketing blurb. But the set is already on the digital platforms as per the physical set, so I don’t see the missing tracks appearing there now.

However, I’d be surprised if Sony/Ernst asked Matt Ross-Spang just to work on the tracks that are going to appear on this forthcoming set and if they have spent money on remixing the non included tracks, the only way to recoup additional costs is to release them somehow, which means that FTD could be a likely candidate for such a release. In all honesty, I wouldn’t discount any plan for FTD to regurgitate the recordings including outtakes in another box for a release in a couple of years time.

By then, fans will be chomping at the bit to acquire the missing songs remixed purely for completion purposes and probably wouldn’t think too much about having to pay out again for another box if it was in say three years time.

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

dougkapp
Registered for: 19 years

Post by dougkapp »

emjel wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:45 am
dougkapp wrote:
If anyone had heard anything, it would have been all over this thread and I’m sure that Sony would have mentioned it in their marketing blurb. But the set is already on the digital platforms as per the physical set, so I don’t see the missing tracks appearing there now.

However, I’d be surprised if Sony/Ernst asked Matt Ross-Spang just to work on the tracks that are going to appear on this forthcoming set and if they have spent money on remixing the non included tracks, the only way to recoup additional costs is to release them somehow, which means that FTD could be a likely candidate for such a release. In all honesty, I wouldn’t discount any plan for FTD to regurgitate the recordings including outtakes in another box for a release in a couple of years time.

By then, fans will be chomping at the bit to acquire the missing songs remixed purely for completion purposes and probably wouldn’t think too much about having to pay out again for another box if it was in say three years time.
My friend, I read all the threads, but sometimes something slips through, that's why I asked.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years 5 months

Post by drjohncarpenter »

ale wrote:

Would be interesting to see the credits. Sometimes it's a team decision on these projects.

But my question was not *who* made the choices, but *why* the choices were made.

What are your thoughts?

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years 5 months

Post by drjohncarpenter »

ale wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:15 pm
To be honest is a quick login...should be Ale.....from Alejandro :smt002

Yeah, that was a sarcastic question directed at a member who constantly jumps into other people's conversations.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

emjel

Post by emjel »

dougkapp wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:18 am
emjel wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:45 am
dougkapp wrote:

My friend, I read all the threads, but sometimes something slips through, that's why I asked.
I take your point, but I’m not sure that something as significant as the non included tracks appearing only on the digital platform would have been reported as an isolated comment that might have slipped through and therefore missed. Something as important as that would have been picked up, analysed/discussed time and time again as to the reasons why such a thing was happening with different thoughts about how those tracks would later appear on a physical release. So I think it is safe to say that you would not have missed it. :wink:

~

ale
Registered for: 21 years 3 months

Post by ale »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:51 am
ale wrote:

Would be interesting to see the credits. Sometimes it's a team decision on these projects.

But my question was not *who* made the choices, but *why* the choices were made.

What are your thoughts?
Oh..ok....well is hard to understand "why" they left out 3 songs that are clearly better than the 3 they included...don't have a clue :wink:

ale
Registered for: 21 years 3 months

Post by ale »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:52 am
ale wrote:

Yeah, that was a sarcastic question directed at a member who constantly jumps into other people's conversations.
Ok.. :)

pmp
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by pmp »

ale wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:12 pm
drjohncarpenter wrote:
ale wrote:

The Doc doesn't quite understand the difference between a public forum where anyone can jump in on a converstion and sending a private message for an exclusive conversation.

Accused of being "a nerd in his 20s." I wish.

Lee Wood

Post by Lee Wood »

ale wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:12 pm
drjohncarpenter wrote:
ale wrote:

but at least he apologised for his sarcastic question.....oh, wait a minute.

Rob
GodFather of FECC
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Post by Rob »

Lee Wood wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:19 am
dougkapp wrote:
We don't have to, we get to.

And it'll be so much fun!

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

Lee Wood

Post by Lee Wood »

Rob wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:40 pm
Lee Wood wrote:
dougkapp wrote:

Yesssss, can't wait to spend what money I have left after our new government take their bit. Wait, if I didn't vote for them, can I refuse their very kind offer of raising my taxes?

emjel

Post by emjel »

Union Ave wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:34 pm
pmp wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:48 pm

The Doc doesn't quite understand the difference between a public forum where anyone can jump in on a converstion and sending a private message for an exclusive conversation.
And yet here you are, seemingly always chasing him up & down the FECC message board.
As pointed out, that’s because it’s public forum where people can join in any conversation, which is what PMP did and what you have just done. But it seems the Doc cannot understand that.

~

emjel

Post by emjel »

Lee Wood wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:46 pm
Rob wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:40 pm
Lee Wood wrote:
dougkapp wrote:

Yesssss, can't wait to spend what money I have left after our new government take their bit. Wait, if I didn't vote for them, can I refuse their very kind offer of raising my taxes?
Probably not….but I know she’s pissed off a lot of people today. :wink:

~

emjel

Post by emjel »

Union Ave wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:52 am
emjel wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:36 pm

As pointed out, that’s because it’s public forum where people can join in any conversation, which is what PMP did and what you have just done. But it seems the Doc cannot understand that.
There's a difference between joining a conversation and trolling. But of course you wouldn't know that.
But clearly you do and you’re definitely an expert in the latter. Which reminds me…I need to get back to you regarding your earlier request…or was it a demand.

~

pmp

Post by pmp »

Union Ave wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:34 pm
pmp wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:48 pm

And yet here you are, seemingly always chasing him up & down the FECC message board.
I wasn't talking to you...and yet you jumped into a coversation while chasing myself, Emjel and Lee Wood and up and down the message board.
Last edited by pmp on Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by sweetangeline »

...and just to brighten up the mood a tad it`s only 11 days away ::rocks

steve in sc4
Registered for: 9 months

Post by steve in sc4 »

Just ordered mine today. Had a $57 credit with Amazon so it was almost free! Will have it next Friday.

Wayfarer
Registered for: 5 years 2 months

Post by Wayfarer »

MikeTCB wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:03 pm
Kylan wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:39 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 3:53 am
ale wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 3:30 am
Rubberneckin, Inherit he wind and If I'm a fool ...should have been included......instead of these....mama like the roses, hey jude and I can't stop loving you/this time jam.... :facep: increadible

Why do you think RCA made those choices?
I find it odd they omit these as well. So why did they make these choices?
I also find that odd. It seems to me that if everything can't be released, it should not be released at all. Even if I wanted to purchase the box, that would leave me not wanting it because its incomplete.
There was an argument repeatedly made on this forum - unconvincingly - that Ernst left out certain tracks from boxed sets because they weren't good. I think' it's clear from the decisions made for this set that the omissions are actually puzzling.

sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by sweetangeline »

well with that recent interview with Ernst they could have asked him but I bet it never happened :shock:

emjel

Post by emjel »

sweetangeline wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:05 am
well with that recent interview with Ernst they could have asked him but I bet it never happened :shock:
The fact that there appears to have been little thought/planning in doing that interview in the first place suggests you are likely to be correct. And no one will have the temerity to ask such question if Ernst makes his annual appearance in Memphis selling Sony’s latest offering.
It’ll most likely consist of the usual over enthusiastic soundbites gushing out from whoever it is on stage talking to him or Roger as if they have discovered and released a load of recordings that no one ever knew existed, instead of allowing the audience to ask lots of meaningful questions about the release, and other questions such as why is it that FTD release never appear on time, or why do FTD releases attract higher than average prices and any clues to future happenings from the label. Yeah, we know that the chances of getting meaningful answers to such questions is highly unlikely but if you don’t ask, you don’t get.

And they’d probably have a Parker lookalike in the audience who would get up and call out "I'd like to live to my reputation of being a nice guy, but that’s it folks!" followed by Jorgensen & Semon running off the stage. :wink:

~

ForeverElvis
Registered for: 21 years 4 months

Post by ForeverElvis »

emjel wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:
The fact that there appears to have been little thought/planning in doing that interview in the first place suggests you are likely to be correct. And no one will have the temerity to ask such question if Ernst makes his annual appearance in Memphis selling Sony’s latest offering.
It’ll most likely consist of the usual over enthusiastic soundbites gushing out from whoever it is on stage talking to him or Roger as if they have discovered and released a load of recordings that no one ever knew existed, instead of allowing the audience to ask lots of meaningful questions about the release, and other questions such as why is it that FTD release never appear on time, or why do FTD releases attract higher than average prices and any clues to future happenings from the label. Yeah, we know that the chances of getting meaningful answers to such questions is highly unlikely but if you don’t ask, you don’t get.

And they’d probably have a Parker lookalike in the audience who would get up and call out "I'd like to live to my reputation of being a nice guy, but that’s it folks!" followed by Jorgensen & Semon running off the stage. :wink:
For FTD to be late they would have to announce, publish, the release date- which they don’t. So they aren’t really late.

Always Elvis
Anthony

emjel

Post by emjel »

ForeverElvis wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:15 pm
emjel wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:

For FTD to be late they would have to announce, publish, the release date- which they don’t. So they aren’t really late.
Mmmm…Aren’t you being a little pedantic. Okay maybe I should have said "in a timely manner’, but I’m sure you understand the point I was making. Yes, they don’t give actual release dates by the day and month and from memory never have, but have often announced a month of release which in many cases they have not always adhered to.
The latest announcement for the Guitar Man set was made in the third week of May and I don’t think it is unreasonable for fans to think the set would have turned up by mid July. We are now two days away from August and still no details - I’d be surprised if fans outside of Europe now see it before the second week of August - maybe even the third by the time things have gone through shipping to the dealers and then the dealers getting things sorted.
After 25 years in existence and as someone else pointed out, you’d think they could work to more accurate lead times. Other small labels manage to give a release date for back catalogue kind of releases or re-issues and stick to those dates given, so why can’t FTD. It’s not like they are a label which deals with other artists too. If they need a lengthy lead time, make the announcement, as an example in June and then offer a release schedule even it was just "to be released third week of October" At least fans would have an idea of when to expect the release.

~

pmp

Post by pmp »

Union Ave wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:41 am
pmp wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:31 am

I wasn't talking to you...and yet you jumped into a coversation while chasing myself, Emjel and Lee Wood and up and down the message board.
... But I'm not secretly looking for approval from the other party.
You're kidding, right? You're the one who acts like his lapdog. Tip: he doesn't need you to fight his battles.

I would be devastated if I get approval from "the other party." I couldn't think of anyone I would rather not have approval from.