Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Re: The Cause of Elvis' Decline and Death

Post by BrianTCB »

brian on Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:17 pm wrote:
BrianTCB on Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:00 pm wrote:Aren't we neglecting the obvious question?

1. Why has the dentist not been prosecuted or at least questioned extensively under oath for wrongful death due to codeine toxicity?
2. He claims that he never gave Elvis anything on August 15, 1977. I'm not so sure this is true.
He didn't have anything to do with Elvis' death and there was no evidence. You'll notice that there weren't any doctors that got into trouble over Elvis' death. Dr. Nick had his license suspended for three months for over prescribing pills for Elvis and a lot of other patients but he got it back. He lost his license years later for continuing to over prescribe pills for patients. The other doctors that were giving pills to Elvis didn't get in any kind of trouble as far as I know. Dr.Nick was investigated because he was Elvis' primary doctor. He got a slap on the wrist.
Ok...but this report shows codeine in his system? I'm confused. Codeine = dentist visit. Doesn't take a genius. Unless we're thinking that by that point he was so out of it that he got everything from other sources and just said "**** it"?

fn2drive
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by fn2drive »

BrianTCB on Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:15 am wrote:
brian on Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:17 pm wrote:
BrianTCB on Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:00 pm wrote:Aren't we neglecting the obvious question?

1. Why has the dentist not been prosecuted or at least questioned extensively under oath for wrongful death due to codeine toxicity?
2. He claims that he never gave Elvis anything on August 15, 1977. I'm not so sure this is true.
He didn't have anything to do with Elvis' death and there was no evidence. You'll notice that there weren't any doctors that got into trouble over Elvis' death. Dr. Nick had his license suspended for three months for over prescribing pills for Elvis and a lot of other patients but he got it back. He lost his license years later for continuing to over prescribe pills for patients. The other doctors that were giving pills to Elvis didn't get in any kind of trouble as far as I know. Dr.Nick was investigated because he was Elvis' primary doctor. He got a slap on the wrist.
Ok...but this report shows codeine in his system? I'm confused. Codeine = dentist visit. Doesn't take a genius. Unless we're thinking that by that point he was so out of it that he got everything from other sources and just said "**** it"?
He simply OD due to polypharmacy. Not codeine but the vast combination of drugs likely coupled with his fast to squeeze into his jumpsuit. The levels he was ingesting daily was simply russian roulette every single day. Nicopolous found a sympathetic audience with his line of i was helping Elvis mange his drug addiction. Conveniently ignored was he was the chief drug dealer. He was morally corrupt as any of the hangers on. Just another star- f'er.

Hack n. 1. a person, esp. a professional, who surrenders individual independence, integrity, belief, etc., in return for money or other reward

Mister Mike
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by Mister Mike »

There you go, guys. You can thank me later.

Elvis fan. From Sun to Sundial.

brian
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by brian »

BrianTCB on Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:15 am wrote:Ok...but this report shows codeine in his system? I'm confused. Codeine = dentist visit. Doesn't take a genius. Unless we're thinking that by that point he was so out of it that he got everything from other sources and just said "**** it"?
If Vernon Presley had filed charges against Dr.Hoffman then maybe there would've been an investigation but that was never the case. The law just decided not to pursue any criminal charges against any doctors. They didn't have to.

seaward
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by seaward »

As for the concussion... my wife and I were in a car accident some years ago where we flipped the vehicle a couple of times. The roof came in on my wife’s head and she received a serious concussion. Seeing her symptoms through the years since makes this article very believable. There is definitely something to the research and findings here.

egilj
Registered for: 14 years 5 months

Post by egilj »

Elvis had a concussion (mTBI). Not exactly a rarity. About 6 per 1000 a year. Just a small percentage of these gets their personalities changed forever. Headaches are the most common mTBI symptom. Others include dizziness, vomiting, nausea, lack of motor coordination, difficulty balancing, or other problems with movement or sensation. Visual symptoms include light sensitivity, seeing bright lights, blurred vision, double vision, tinnitus (source: wikipedia). It's likely Elvis had some of these symptoms during the fiming of Clambake, but I've never read anything about it. If these symptoms were strong and troublesome, I think we would have heard about it. In other words, I think the head trauma thing is grossly exaggerated.

When Dr. Nick says Elvis was never the same after the injury, it should be noted that he first met Elvis two weeks earlier…

Elvis did not increase his drug abuse after the incident. On the contrary, he reduced it, and kept it more or less that way for about three years.

Although the theory can't be fully falsified, I think the BS detector should blink on this one.

elvis-fan
Registered for: 21 years 5 months

Post by elvis-fan »

egilj on Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:22 pm wrote:Elvis had a concussion (mTBI). Not exactly a rarity. About 6 per 1000 a year. Just a small percentage of these gets their personalities changed forever. Headaches are the most common mTBI symptom. Others include dizziness, vomiting, nausea, lack of motor coordination, difficulty balancing, or other problems with movement or sensation. Visual symptoms include light sensitivity, seeing bright lights, blurred vision, double vision, tinnitus (source: wikipedia). It's likely Elvis had some of these symptoms during the fiming of Clambake, but I've never read anything about it. If these symptoms were strong and troublesome, I think we would have heard about it. In other words, I think the head trauma thing is grossly exaggerated.

When Dr. Nick says Elvis was never the same after the injury, it should be noted that he first met Elvis two weeks earlier…

Elvis did not increase his drug abuse after the incident. On the contrary, he reduced it, and kept it more or less that way for about three years.

Although the theory can't be fully falsified, I think the BS detector should blink on this one.
That fairy tale has as much credibility as the "Elvis Is Alive" phenomenon...

fn2drive
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by fn2drive »

elvis-fan on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:26 pm wrote:
egilj on Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:22 pm wrote:Elvis had a concussion (mTBI). Not exactly a rarity. About 6 per 1000 a year. Just a small percentage of these gets their personalities changed forever. Headaches are the most common mTBI symptom. Others include dizziness, vomiting, nausea, lack of motor coordination, difficulty balancing, or other problems with movement or sensation. Visual symptoms include light sensitivity, seeing bright lights, blurred vision, double vision, tinnitus (source: wikipedia). It's likely Elvis had some of these symptoms during the fiming of Clambake, but I've never read anything about it. If these symptoms were strong and troublesome, I think we would have heard about it. In other words, I think the head trauma thing is grossly exaggerated.

That fairy tale has as much credibility as the "Elvis Is Alive" phenomenon...

There is just a portion of a star's fans that would be unable to accept any version of reality not their own even if they were a first person witness. They can't seperate the public celebrity and image from the actual person. Concussion, bone cancer, broken heart, momma called him home, suicide and on and on go the fantasies. Occam's razor would suggest if you take mass quantities of drugs and continue that behavior even after several near death experiences, you will die from an OD.

Hack n. 1. a person, esp. a professional, who surrenders individual independence, integrity, belief, etc., in return for money or other reward