A new soundboard from 1970 from MRS coming soon ?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Mike Windgren
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Re: A new soundboard from 1970 from MRS coming soon ?

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D .
keninlincs wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:30 am
The more i have played it the more i like it.
Me too, non-stop since a received it after a week or so. Great versions of some of his Classic tunes from Las Vegas August 1970! :smt020. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

skabillyrebels
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by skabillyrebels »

Mike Windgren wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:52 pm
Hi there!! :D :D :D .
keninlincs wrote:
Me too, non-stop since a received it after a week or so. Great versions of some of his Classic tunes from Las Vegas August 1970! :smt020. Bye for now :smt006.
I agree with you but we should have got it in mono.
Reduce Stereo Width
Reduce Stereo Width- Bridge Over Troubled Water.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

skabillyrebels wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:34 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:47 am
skabillyrebels wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:09 am
Because there was so much processing done on the audio. the only way you will know for sure is if we get a raw mono recording of this show.
But having said that. there is a difference between the sound on Suspicious Minds at 3:25. Plus the applause at the end of CHFIL is fake.

You get what you pay for.

F.T.D Did the same with some of their releases.

Nah, but feel free to keep supporting the grey market label's deceptive, flawed and illegal products.

:smt006

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

keninlincs wrote:
Me too. It reminds me in many ways of the mood Elvis was in on the February 23, 1970 closing show.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

skabillyrebels
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by skabillyrebels »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:20 am
skabillyrebels wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
skabillyrebels wrote:
Because there was so much processing done on the audio. the only way you will know for sure is if we get a raw mono recording of this show.
But having said that. there is a difference between the sound on Suspicious Minds at 3:25. Plus the applause at the end of CHFIL is fake.

Nah, but feel free to keep supporting the grey market label's deceptive, flawed and illegal products.

Are you absolutely sure about that. :roll:

jetblack
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by jetblack »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
feel free to keep supporting the grey market label's deceptive, flawed and illegal products. :smt006
Don't worry we will.

Andy

Elvis - King of the UK charts

flopez
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by flopez »

Mister Mike wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:15 am
Elvisconcerts.com is either ignoring this release or very slow in updating its site. Not sure which one it is.
Both! :D I added it today.

It is taking me forever and most of the releases ( except this one and the Kansas City concert) are re-re-releases.

It has been 25 years managing elvisconcerts.com it is getting old and I too.

drjohncarpenter

flopez wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:07 pm
Mister Mike wrote:
Elvisconcerts.com is either ignoring this release or very slow in updating its site. Not sure which one it is.

It is taking me forever and most of the releases ( except this one and the Kansas City concert) are re-re-releases.

Absolutely essential site for any serious fan of the live years, early, middle and late.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Mister Mike
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Mister Mike »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:05 pm
flopez wrote:
Mister Mike wrote:

Absolutely essential site for any serious fan of the live years, early, middle and late.
I second that. It's been my go-to site for «Elvis in concert» for several years. We're all getting old, still I hope you will hang in there for as long as you can. :smt023

Elvis fan. From Sun to Sundial.

drjohncarpenter

jekhb76 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:29 pm
nod3million wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:15 am
Any ideas where MRSgot this soundboard?

They bought it from a private source within the Venus Production Team who on their behalf bought it from another private source who bought it in England years ago.
Have a great day.

Not sure where you got this from but *my* source (and it's a very good one) indicates this is a complete "fairytale."

For reasons that should be obvious I cannot reveal their name.

:smt023

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

pmp
Registered for: 4 years 11 months

Post by pmp »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
skabillyrebels wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
skabillyrebels wrote:

Illegal products?

Errr...what's your proof for that? As you know, these items are perfectly legal in the country of origin.

And making such a statement on a forum such as this is opening up the owners of the forum to libel actions.

I would like to think you knew better.

Accused of being "a nerd in his 20s." I wish.

Squire Smart
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by Squire Smart »

Mister Mike wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:06 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:05 pm
flopez wrote:
Mister Mike wrote:

I second that. It's been my go-to site for «Elvis in concert» for several years. We're all getting old, still I hope you will hang in there for as long as you can. :smt023
I only turned 42 this year but I have to say I did take a moment to reflect on Elvis. To be the same age as he was when he died really brought it home to me at just how young he really was.

Squire Smart

drjohncarpenter

pmp wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:03 am
Illegal products?

Errr...what's your proof for that? As you know, these items are perfectly legal in the country of origin.

And making such a statement on a forum such as this is opening up the owners of the forum to libel actions.

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Media & Marketing

EPE files suits to protect intellectual property

Feb 9, 2011, 12:15pm EST

Elvis Presley Enterprises Inc. has initiated legal action against two men it says are responsible for illegally selling products using images of Presley, violating intellectual property rights that it owns.

In a press release, the Memphis-based company claim the men were involved in selling and distributing a DVD/CD set which included recordings and audiovisual footage of Elvis Presley concert performances.

EPE said it has begun action in the Chancery Division of the High Court, England and Wales, against Joseph Pirzada. On an order from the High Court on Jan. 25, 2011, EPE lawyers and computer experts were authorized to search Pirzada's home for evidence of the sale and distribution of the box set, according to the press release. Evidence uncovered led to the filing of a lawsuit against Pirzada for copyright infringement, EPE said.

On Feb. 2, 2011, EPE also filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Florida against Bud Glass, an Elvis Presley memorabilia collector, for the alleged illegal sale and distribution of the box set in the U.S., EPE said in the release.

The company is considering filing additional lawsuits against other individuals responsible for the manufacture, sale and release of this box set as well as other bootleg recordings and merchandise.

“Elvis Presley Enterprises will not tolerate infringement of our intellectual property rights, whether it's part of the production, sale and distribution of bootleg merchandise, use in advertising, or in connection with the illegal distribution of bootleg DVDs and CDs,” Jack Soden, CEO of Elvis Presley Enterprises, said in a statement.

https://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2011/02/09/epe-files-suits-to-protect.html

ENTERTAINMENT NEWS | DECEMBER 17, 2007

Elvis release pulled in copyright row

LONDON (Billboard) - Music distributor Cargo Records has pulled the plug on an Elvis Presley release after the singer’s label threatened legal action, sources said.

In one of the clearest signs of Sony BMG Music Entertainment’s tough policy on enforcing the copyright of its vintage Presley works -- even though some sound recordings have become part of the public domain -- the label pressured Cargo to withdraw “New York: RCA Studio 1: The Complete Sessions”.

Sony BMG disputed that a handful of outtakes on the album, which was released by Memphis Recording Service, were public domain.

A Cargo executive, who declined to be identified, described a letter from Sony BMG as a “warning.” “To save us the risk of legal action, we decided we wouldn’t distribute the item,” the executive said.

But the set is still featured on the Cargo Records Web site, with a February 25, 2008, release date indicated. The CD features such tunes as “Blue Suede Shoes” and “Hound Dog”, as well as multiple takes of “Shake Rattle and Roll” and “Lawdy, Miss Clawdy”.

Memphis Recording Service director Joseph Pirzada said in an interview that he responded to Sony BMG on behalf of Cargo three times since the letter was received five or six weeks ago but had heard nothing in response.

Reuters/Billboard

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-elvis/elvis-release-pulled-in-copyright-row-idUKN1732124420071217

:smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Elvis2000
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Post by Elvis2000 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:22 am
pmp wrote:
Illegal products?

Media & Marketing

Elvis Presley Enterprises Inc. has initiated legal action against two men it says are responsible for illegally selling products using images of Presley, violating intellectual property rights that it owns.

In a press release, the Memphis-based company claim the men were involved in selling and distributing a DVD/CD set which included recordings and audiovisual footage of Elvis Presley concert performances.

EPE said it has begun action in the Chancery Division of the High Court, England and Wales, against Joseph Pirzada. On an order from the High Court on Jan. 25, 2011, EPE lawyers and computer experts were authorized to search Pirzada's home for evidence of the sale and distribution of the box set, according to the press release. Evidence uncovered led to the filing of a lawsuit against Pirzada for copyright infringement, EPE said.

On Feb. 2, 2011, EPE also filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Florida against Bud Glass, an Elvis Presley memorabilia collector, for the alleged illegal sale and distribution of the box set in the U.S., EPE said in the release.

The company is considering filing additional lawsuits against other individuals responsible for the manufacture, sale and release of this box set as well as other bootleg recordings and merchandise.

“Elvis Presley Enterprises will not tolerate infringement of our intellectual property rights, whether it's part of the production, sale and distribution of bootleg merchandise, use in advertising, or in connection with the illegal distribution of bootleg DVDs and CDs,” Jack Soden, CEO of Elvis Presley Enterprises, said in a statement.

https://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2011/02/09/epe-files-suits-to-protect.html

LONDON (Billboard) - Music distributor Cargo Records has pulled the plug on an Elvis Presley release after the singer’s label threatened legal action, sources said.

In one of the clearest signs of Sony BMG Music Entertainment’s tough policy on enforcing the copyright of its vintage Presley works -- even though some sound recordings have become part of the public domain -- the label pressured Cargo to withdraw “New York: RCA Studio 1: The Complete Sessions”.

Sony BMG disputed that a handful of outtakes on the album, which was released by Memphis Recording Service, were public domain.

A Cargo executive, who declined to be identified, described a letter from Sony BMG as a “warning.” “To save us the risk of legal action, we decided we wouldn’t distribute the item,” the executive said.

But the set is still featured on the Cargo Records Web site, with a February 25, 2008, release date indicated. The CD features such tunes as “Blue Suede Shoes” and “Hound Dog”, as well as multiple takes of “Shake Rattle and Roll” and “Lawdy, Miss Clawdy”.

Memphis Recording Service director Joseph Pirzada said in an interview that he responded to Sony BMG on behalf of Cargo three times since the letter was received five or six weeks ago but had heard nothing in response.

Reuters/Billboard

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-elvis/elvis-release-pulled-in-copyright-row-idUKN1732124420071217

EPE should revisit this and crush Pirzada in courts... again.

pmp

Post by pmp »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
pmp wrote:
Illegal products?

Media & Marketing

Reuters/Billboard

And so, I repeat, none of the items from MRS have issued have broken the law regarding copyright. Your topic is about a bootleg release which was not issued under the MRS label. And considering most people here have bought bootleg releases at some point, I'm not sure getting on a high horse about such releases is anything but hypocritical.

Back to MRS, when told they were breaking the law with a forthcoming release in 2007, they didn't release the item. Therefore none of their releases are breaking the law. And your comment remains libellous and could still cause trouble for the owners of FECC, which doesn't seem to bother you because of your personal vendetta.

pmp

Post by pmp »

Elvis2000 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:28 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:
pmp wrote:
Illegal products?

Media & Marketing

Reuters/Billboard

EPE should revisit this and crush Pirzada in courts... again.
They didn't crush him in a court, they came to a settlement. And considering MRS isn't releasing illegal products, how would you expect them to crush him?

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

pmp wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:58 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:
pmp wrote:
Illegal products?

Media & Marketing

Reuters/Billboard

And so, I repeat, none of the items from MRS have issued have broken the law regarding copyright. Your topic is about a bootleg release which was not issued under the MRS label. And considering most people here have bought bootleg releases at some point, I'm not sure getting on a high horse about such releases is anything but hypocritical.

Back to MRS, when told they were breaking the law with a forthcoming release in 2007, they didn't release the item. Therefore none of their releases are breaking the law. And your comment remains libellous and could still cause trouble for the owners of FECC, which doesn't seem to bother you because of your personal vendetta.
That's a good point. The intent of the post knowing it was false was clearly to defame. And since MRS' owner is not a celebrity the standard for legal action would be much lower than if he posted something false about a famous person where actual malice is the standard. Here it is a simple negligence standard which is not hard to meet given the post.

Best part is the Doc would have to be deposed. Since it is a civil case, he cannot take the 5th Amendment (that only applies in criminal cases) and must answer every question asked (even if his lawyer objects). I am happy to offer my legal services in crafting questions. :D

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

Markus K.
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Post by Markus K. »

Considering all of the above, wouldn't that still make the upcoming ridicolous rip of of the Boston show illegal despite being transferred to artificial stereo?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pmp

Post by pmp »

Markus K. wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:04 pm
Considering all of the above, wouldn't that still make the upcoming ridicolous rip of of the Boston show illegal despite being transferred to artificial stereo?
Quite clearly, the MRS lawyers believe that the stereo version is different enough to not fall foul of copyright issues. So it's legal not DESPITE the change to stereo but BECAUSE of the change to stereo.

DearGeorgie
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by DearGeorgie »

pmp wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:24 pm
Markus K. wrote:
Quite clearly, the MRS lawyers believe that the stereo version is different enough to not fall foul of copyright issues. So it's legal not DESPITE the change to stereo but BECAUSE of the change to stereo.
Well, judging from this statement, it looks like there's going to be more like this in the near future.

pmp

Post by pmp »

DearGeorgie wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:26 am
pmp wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:24 pm
Markus K. wrote:
Well, judging from this statement, it looks like there's going to be more like this in the near future.
Actually I'm not so sure of that. Soundboards up to the end of 1971 are pretty scarce compared to the later years. Therefore there will be more kicking around that haven't been released officially, meaning that MRS (or whoever) can mine any previous bootleg releases for future issues and not have to worry about making them substantially different from previous versions (the bootlegs). And considering MRS got their hands on the 1970 soundboard that hadn't been issued anywhere before, it's likely that from 1972 onwards they will have others of the same ilk considering there are more soundboards from that year onwards.

iplayastrat
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by iplayastrat »

Without calling any names, I don't understand the complaints
here about the MRS release being a grey market import/bootleg.

If you own any bootleg, or have been involved at all with such
releases in the past, you're just as guilty as the people who are
responsible for this release.

I finally got around to listening to this soundboard recording.
And it wasn't that great of a performance by Elvis. Being from
1970 I certainly thought it would be better.

My escape from society continues...

Markus K.
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Post by Markus K. »

This is making me really sick...As has been said before it may be one thing if a fan does such a mono to stereo conversion for personal enjoyment and even to offer it for free on a forum with very limited access and contribution potential. To put officially available material on a CD, alter it with slight home made tweaks and call it previously unreleased is not only a big stretch it is simply nonsensical.
Looking back at recent MRS releases we now can be certain to expect the next year to hear them "focusing on the Presley magic by bringing you the ultimate listening experience with previously completely unheard material from his famed fourth seaon at the Las Vegas Hilton. MRS was able to work with one of the finest experts in audio restauration and managed to obtain material that will simply take your breath away. Prepare to see your world rocked by the upcoming releases of not only one but five shows recorded during the first and the last week of this Las Vegas season in TRUE STEREO!
In the past others have tried to make this material available to the fans but not even Elvis' official recording label was able to deliver the goods like MRS will. You've all been waiting for these shows for decades and now your prayers will be finally answered. It's Elvis! It's TRUE STEREO! It's MRS!
Be prepared for a string of red-hot rocking releases all through 2022! And not only on CD We will of course also make available higly collectable vinyl releases from these sensational TRUE STEREO recordings.
COMING UP are shows recorded on January 26 (OPENING NIGHT!), January 27, January 28 (we will even offer you TWO shows from that special night!) and January 29, 1971! You will hear Elvis delighting the audience as he brings ona show like you've never experienced before! you will be thrilled by highlights including "ONLY BELIEVE", "SNOWBIRD", "MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY" and "SOMETHING" - all in breathtakingly beautiful TRUE STEREO!
As a special treat for our loyal fans we have an additional bonus and surprise coming up: we will end 2022 with a BIG BANG!
Embrace yourself as you will finally be able to listen to Elvis' biggest live recording as we will spoil you with our release of the ultimate concert experience. MRS will bring you Elvis' CLOSING SHOW recorded on February 23, 1971 and it will come in mind blowing TRUE STEREO sound!
2022 will be a big year for Elvis fans around the world as MRS will finally make available to them what they have been waiting for so long.
Of course all releases will come in a beautifully designed set including FULL COLOUR booklets!
And we will not stop there as we have more surprises for you in store for 2023. Be prepared to finally listen to the downfolded MONO-conversions of the Elvis on Tour shows SONY will be releasing November 2022 in Stereo. MRS will not keep fans hanging with these but will offere these treasures to you the way you always wanted them: all multitracks downfolded from stereo to glorious MONO. Look out for our new set of releases coming to your Elvis dealer soon!"
If the simple tweak of a recording is enough to warrant a free pass for everything this will open up a string of releases for them to come. There are five (and a half) releases from Vegas 71 to be covered and by 2023 there will be even more from 1972 and going onward. This is simply beyond redicolous.

moonandback
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by moonandback »

How popular this 1970 soundboard release was? Any sales figures?
Did they get back the money they invested into buying the soundboard? And what about the evening show?

rockinrebel

Post by rockinrebel »

Markus K. wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:16 am
This is making me really sick...As has been said before it may be one thing if a fan does such a mono to stereo conversion for personal enjoyment and even to offer it for free on a forum with very limited access and contribution potential. To put officially available material on a CD, alter it with slight home made tweaks and call it previously unreleased is not only a big stretch it is simply nonsensical.
Looking back at recent MRS releases we now can be certain to expect the next year to hear them "focusing on the Presley magic by bringing you the ultimate listening experience with previously completely unheard material from his famed fourth seaon at the Las Vegas Hilton. MRS was able to work with one of the finest experts in audio restauration and managed to obtain material that will simply take your breath away. Prepare to see your world rocked by the upcoming releases of not only one but five shows recorded during the first and the last week of this Las Vegas season in TRUE STEREO!
In the past others have tried to make this material available to the fans but not even Elvis' official recording label was able to deliver the goods like MRS will. You've all been waiting for these shows for decades and now your prayers will be finally answered. It's Elvis! It's TRUE STEREO! It's MRS!
Be prepared for a string of red-hot rocking releases all through 2022! And not only on CD We will of course also make available higly collectable vinyl releases from these sensational TRUE STEREO recordings.
COMING UP are shows recorded on January 26 (OPENING NIGHT!), January 27, January 28 (we will even offer you TWO shows from that special night!) and January 29, 1971! You will hear Elvis delighting the audience as he brings ona show like you've never experienced before! you will be thrilled by highlights including "ONLY BELIEVE", "SNOWBIRD", "MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY" and "SOMETHING" - all in breathtakingly beautiful TRUE STEREO!
As a special treat for our loyal fans we have an additional bonus and surprise coming up: we will end 2022 with a BIG BANG!
Embrace yourself as you will finally be able to listen to Elvis' biggest live recording as we will spoil you with our release of the ultimate concert experience. MRS will bring you Elvis' CLOSING SHOW recorded on February 23, 1971 and it will come in mind blowing TRUE STEREO sound!
2022 will be a big year for Elvis fans around the world as MRS will finally make available to them what they have been waiting for so long.
Of course all releases will come in a beautifully designed set including FULL COLOUR booklets!
And we will not stop there as we have more surprises for you in store for 2023. Be prepared to finally listen to the downfolded MONO-conversions of the Elvis on Tour shows SONY will be releasing November 2022 in Stereo. MRS will not keep fans hanging with these but will offere these treasures to you the way you always wanted them: all multitracks downfolded from stereo to glorious MONO. Look out for our new set of releases coming to your Elvis dealer soon!"
If the simple tweak of a recording is enough to warrant a free pass for everything this will open up a string of releases for them to come. There are five (and a half) releases from Vegas 71 to be covered and by 2023 there will be even more from 1972 and going onward. This is simply beyond redicolous.
The stereo effect is not the loophole that is allowing MRS to issue these shows. That's just the way that they are choosing to present them at the present time.

Whether the stereo effect is applied or not, these recordings have fallen into the public domain, either due to the 50 year rule, or because it could be argued that certain soundboard recordings were not made by RCA in the first place, and are therefore not the exclusive property of Sony.

It's worth noting that other PD labels (such as Rox Vox) have issued original mono soundboard recordings, and this hasnt been challenged by Sony either.

And MRS also released the previously unissued September 1970 show in stereo, when Sony don't own this recording, and MRS could have legally issued the original mono recording if they had chosen to do so.

The stereo effect is a creative decision, not a legal loophole.