3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic


User avatar

elvisalisellers
Posts: 2532
Registered for: 9 years 5 months
Has thanked: 1647 times
Been thanked: 6618 times

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by elvisalisellers »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:29 am
elvisalisellers wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 7:47 pm
Between the 3-Track HGTA sessions and the 1969/1970 16-Track transistorised console, Studio B had 4-Track [e.g., Guitar Man/Stay Away, Joe sessions] and 8-Track ["Beyond the Reef" was transferred to 8-Track at the August '68 overdub session] boards.




I have a path to confirming what console RCA's "Studio B" had in May and June 1966. Coming soon.

What is your source for claiming the studio was 3-track at that time?
Tape legend.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.




Josee
Posts: 228
Registered for: 4 years 2 months
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by Josee »

splanky wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 12:43 pm
yellowstone ,
I guess you meant I Forgot To Remember To Forget . It was not an oversight by Ernst Jörgensen .
At the time of the release of the original box-set , nobody was aware that a live recording of
the song existed . The owner of the wire-tape had no idea that it contained a valuable track ,
because he innocently put it on youtube some time after the release of A Boy From Tupelo .
It must have been very frustrating for Ernst, because so much work and effort was put in that box. But he must have been happy that he could buy it from the owner of the wire-tape. So it could be added to the Legacy release. I bought that release as well just for completeness.



User avatar

On Tape 1972
Posts: 663
Registered for: 2 years
Has thanked: 385 times
Been thanked: 531 times

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by On Tape 1972 »

Way Down Under wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 12:57 pm
YDKM wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 2:13 pm
Way Down Under wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 1:20 pm
YDKM wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:55 am
I am not excited by this release as it seems only a 'routine' Baton Rouge show and a routine (unheard) Fort Worth E/S is unheard before
I guess that the only thing we can hope for in these routine shows is that it's not necessarily what Elvis sings, but how he sings that matters in the end. We can only hope these are more entertaining concerts than what we've heard previously, in spite of their line-up.
Well EXACTLY as track wise it's very "Dull"
And in light of that, I believe that it's time FTD looked at some decent 1977 soundboards for release. So far there's been no SB material from the April/May tour. It wasn't all bad in '77.
It's time they pack Ann Arbor and both Chicago soundboards + all respective multitracks into one of those neat little 3CD box sets, put a nice little photo on the cover, dice-roll a few track numbers and sell the whole thing for 45 quid each.

Done.



User avatar

Johnny2523
Posts: 12914
Registered for: 11 years 11 months
Has thanked: 2103 times
Been thanked: 7942 times

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by Johnny2523 »

On Tape 1972 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:54 pm
Way Down Under wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 12:57 pm
YDKM wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 2:13 pm
Way Down Under wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 1:20 pm
YDKM wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:55 am
I am not excited by this release as it seems only a 'routine' Baton Rouge show and a routine (unheard) Fort Worth E/S is unheard before
I guess that the only thing we can hope for in these routine shows is that it's not necessarily what Elvis sings, but how he sings that matters in the end. We can only hope these are more entertaining concerts than what we've heard previously, in spite of their line-up.
Well EXACTLY as track wise it's very "Dull"
And in light of that, I believe that it's time FTD looked at some decent 1977 soundboards for release. So far there's been no SB material from the April/May tour. It wasn't all bad in '77.
It's time they pack Ann Arbor and both Chicago soundboards + all respective multitracks into one of those neat little 3CD box sets, put a nice little photo on the cover, dice-roll a few track numbers and sell the whole thing for 45 quid each.

Done.
Personally i wouldn't mind Ann Arbor to be coupled with the two Saginaw shows.. call the set Elvis In Michigan
Couple the two chicago shows with the st paul show. The multitrack recordings should have their own 2CD or if theres not enough for 2 CD's be coupled with the two EIC shows, call it The Final Recordings


if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

User avatar

Elvis2000
Posts: 2093
Registered for: 8 years 1 month
Location: London
Has thanked: 1216 times
Been thanked: 1412 times
Age: 23

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by Elvis2000 »

Johnny2523 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:43 pm
On Tape 1972 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:54 pm
Way Down Under wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 12:57 pm
YDKM wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 2:13 pm
Way Down Under wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 1:20 pm
YDKM wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:55 am
I am not excited by this release as it seems only a 'routine' Baton Rouge show and a routine (unheard) Fort Worth E/S is unheard before
I guess that the only thing we can hope for in these routine shows is that it's not necessarily what Elvis sings, but how he sings that matters in the end. We can only hope these are more entertaining concerts than what we've heard previously, in spite of their line-up.
Well EXACTLY as track wise it's very "Dull"
And in light of that, I believe that it's time FTD looked at some decent 1977 soundboards for release. So far there's been no SB material from the April/May tour. It wasn't all bad in '77.
It's time they pack Ann Arbor and both Chicago soundboards + all respective multitracks into one of those neat little 3CD box sets, put a nice little photo on the cover, dice-roll a few track numbers and sell the whole thing for 45 quid each.

Done.
Personally i wouldn't mind Ann Arbor to be coupled with the two Saginaw shows.. call the set Elvis In Michigan
Couple the two chicago shows with the st paul show. The multitrack recordings should have their own 2CD or if theres not enough for 2 CD's be coupled with the two EIC shows, call it The Final Recordings
I’d like to see the Spring ‘77 multitracks released with the October Jungle Room session, considering they were hoping on capturing extra material for the Moody Blue album I think it would make sense. The Elvis In Concert material should be released on their own.

The February Jungle Room sessions should be release as “The From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee sessions”

The October Jungle Room session and Spring ‘77 material released as “The Moody Blue Sessions”

The June ‘77 shows alongside any form of the Indianapolis show obviously released as “Elvis In Concert”



User avatar

Swedish
Posts: 2397
Registered for: 21 years 1 month
Location: My name should give you a clue
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1157 times

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by Swedish »

Elvis2000 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 6:01 pm
I’d like to see the Spring ‘77 multitracks released with the October Jungle Room session, considering they were hoping on capturing extra material for the Moody Blue album I think it would make sense. The Elvis In Concert material should be released on their own.

The February Jungle Room sessions should be release as “The From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee sessions”

The October Jungle Room session and Spring ‘77 material released as “The Moody Blue Sessions”
What about these two releaser by FTD 2000 & Rca 2016 :wink:
R-3235858-1321728201.jpg
R-8867108-1470417985-4571.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Image
Shakin' Stevens aka Michael Barratt March 4th 1948 - 36 Marcross Rd, Cardiff suburb of Ely, South Wales


bluejays3577
** BANNED: FREQUENTLY RETURNING PERMA-BANNED MEMBER. PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "DARYL" **
** BANNED: FREQUENTLY RETURNING PERMA-BANNED MEMBER. PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "DARYL" **
Posts: 71
Registered for: 1 year 5 months
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by bluejays3577 »

Christopher Brown wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 5:56 am
Why isn't TURN AROUND, LOOK AT ME referenced on the Baton Rouge disc, as it was given to us on the FTD release, SOLD OUT?

Two more shows from the tour where I saw my first Elvis show! AND, two more versions of BIG BOSS MAN, the highlight of the afternoon Niagara Falls show for me -- and a very pleasant surprise.
Where exactly in the Baton Rouge show from June 17, 1974 does the "Turn Around, Look At Me" bit occur?

Is Dallas 1971, Baton Rouge 1974, and Asheville 1975 the only three occasions where Elvis did "Turn Around, Look At Me"?



User avatar

Elvis2000
Posts: 2093
Registered for: 8 years 1 month
Location: London
Has thanked: 1216 times
Been thanked: 1412 times
Age: 23

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by Elvis2000 »

Swedish wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 7:34 pm
Elvis2000 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 6:01 pm
I’d like to see the Spring ‘77 multitracks released with the October Jungle Room session, considering they were hoping on capturing extra material for the Moody Blue album I think it would make sense. The Elvis In Concert material should be released on their own.

The February Jungle Room sessions should be release as “The From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee sessions”

The October Jungle Room session and Spring ‘77 material released as “The Moody Blue Sessions”
What about these two releaser by FTD 2000 & Rca 2016 :wink:
Image
Image
These don't contain the full sessions.



User avatar

tinseltown
Posts: 465
Registered for: 1 year 6 months
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 237 times

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by tinseltown »

Since i didn't bought the HGTA 2CD set from many years ago I am in for this set (didn't bought the Blue Hawaii Set after all, and i am quite happy i didn't).
Don't care for live soundboards at all, like some obsessive fans here.
And no vinyl collector too.
So HGTA set will do for me.
It will be a nice upgrade since my 90s "Amazing Grace" CD set. The HGTA masters didn't sound too great there.
Last edited by tinseltown on Sun May 28, 2023 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar

Mike C
Posts: 9835
Registered for: 21 years 1 month
Location: New Jersey
Has thanked: 3813 times
Been thanked: 2133 times
Age: 47

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by Mike C »

elvisalisellers wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:14 pm
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:29 am
elvisalisellers wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 7:47 pm
Between the 3-Track HGTA sessions and the 1969/1970 16-Track transistorised console, Studio B had 4-Track [e.g., Guitar Man/Stay Away, Joe sessions] and 8-Track ["Beyond the Reef" was transferred to 8-Track at the August '68 overdub session] boards.




I have a path to confirming what console RCA's "Studio B" had in May and June 1966. Coming soon.

What is your source for claiming the studio was 3-track at that time?
Image
Thanks for posting that pic. I don' think we have pics of any Nashville tape boxes from 1967 or 1968 which might give us more info on when Studio B was upgraded.
Last edited by Mike C on Mon May 29, 2023 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.


"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

User avatar

drjohncarpenter
Posts: 107832
Registered for: 21 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 11894 times
Been thanked: 34935 times
Age: 89

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by drjohncarpenter »

yellowstone wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 6:46 am
And by the way: When Ernst found out that a live recording of I'm Left You're Right She's Gone was missing on his 'baby' The Boy From Tupelo he was very frustrated because it just wasn't complete. So as soon as he re-released the box, he added the missing track.
So, if Ernst is pissed about his own mistakes it's good. But when we have to pay for his mistakes it's "What's wrong with you"?






"when we have to pay for his mistakes"

You don't "have to pay" for anything. You choose to purchase, or not purchase. You control the purse. This is not complicated.

Seriously, what is wrong with you? What is your problem with him?

Your comments about Ernst's work are mostly anger and ignorance. It's embarrassing to read.

Let's look at your "opinion" in the above post and find the truth.

To wit:

The 2012 book project, titled A Boy From Tupelo, was more than a decade in the making. By July 2012, it was ready to go, and at the printers, 500 pages in 12x12 format. Meanwhile, the bonus live and studio audio was already mastered and pressed onto three discs.

Then, that same month, a person uploaded to YouTube a wire recording made in 1955 of a "Louisiana Hayride" broadcast which included Elvis singing one side of his current single, "I Forgot to Remember to Forget." The man assumed that this was something RCA had issued years ago. He soon found out he was mistaken.

With our help Ernst was able to contact the fellow, fight through all the grey label Presley thieves trying to purchase the recording, and ultimately got the official rights to releasing this track five years later as part of a SONY Legacy reissue of the project's audio. It was never a reissue of the box set with the 500-page book.

THAT'S the story.

- No one made a "mistake." This audio had been secreted away in someone's closet until July 2012. Meanwhile, Ernst spent a decade finding new information, photos, and audio from the elusive Sun period, and the fruit of that labor was A Boy From Tupelo.

- Ernst had previously delayed the release of A Boy From Tupelo several times when new material came his way, he found it most ironic that when he finally drew a line and made the decision to publish, this mystery track popped up. He was not "very frustrated" or "pissed."


That said, let's go back to Elvis and the topic.

:smt006


.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

User avatar

drjohncarpenter
Posts: 107832
Registered for: 21 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 11894 times
Been thanked: 34935 times
Age: 89

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by drjohncarpenter »

splanky wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 12:43 pm
yellowstone ,
I guess you meant I Forgot To Remember To Forget . It was not an oversight by Ernst Jörgensen .
At the time of the release of the original box-set , nobody was aware that a live recording of
the song existed . The owner of the wire-tape had no idea that it contained a valuable track ,
because he innocently put it on youtube some time after the release of A Boy From Tupelo .



It appeared on YouTube about six weeks before FTD released A Boy From Tupelo.

There is a 23-page topic of discussion on this, over 500 posts, from July 2012.


.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

User avatar

drjohncarpenter
Posts: 107832
Registered for: 21 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 11894 times
Been thanked: 34935 times
Age: 89

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Don't have any idea where that photo is from, can you tell us?




elvisalisellers wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:14 pm
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:29 am
I have a path to confirming what console RCA's "Studio B" had in May and June 1966. Coming soon.

What is your source for claiming the studio was 3-track at that time?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

User avatar

Elvis2000
Posts: 2093
Registered for: 8 years 1 month
Location: London
Has thanked: 1216 times
Been thanked: 1412 times
Age: 23

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by Elvis2000 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 10:53 pm
Don't have any idea where that photo is from, can you tell us?




elvisalisellers wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:14 pm
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:29 am
I have a path to confirming what console RCA's "Studio B" had in May and June 1966. Coming soon.

What is your source for claiming the studio was 3-track at that time?
Image
It's from the booklet of the Elvis sings Guitar Man FTD.



User avatar

Markus K.
Posts: 1406
Registered for: 9 years 3 months
Has thanked: 1507 times
Been thanked: 1726 times

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by Markus K. »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 10:53 pm
Don't have any idea where that photo is from, can you tell us?




elvisalisellers wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:14 pm
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:29 am
I have a path to confirming what console RCA's "Studio B" had in May and June 1966. Coming soon.

What is your source for claiming the studio was 3-track at that time?
Image
That's from the booklet of the FTD release "Elvis sings Guitar Man". Unfortunately there is not anything else to see from that box.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



User avatar

drjohncarpenter
Posts: 107832
Registered for: 21 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 11894 times
Been thanked: 34935 times
Age: 89

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Thanks for the scan. Not sure why some folks like to be cagey about a public source.

Likely the sessions were 3-track, but not for sure. This is a box with a mastered track. The session reel may or may not be the same.

Will update when my source confirms.



Markus K. wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:06 pm
That's from the booklet of the FTD release "Elvis sings Guitar Man". Unfortunately there is not anything else to see from that box.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

User avatar

Edwin
Posts: 1179
Registered for: 21 years 1 month
Location: Holland
Has thanked: 280 times
Been thanked: 354 times
Age: 58

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by Edwin »

Could it be that Turn Around, Look At Me is not from Baton Rouge June 17, but from Milwaukee June 28?



User avatar

Christopher Brown
Posts: 1820
Registered for: 20 years 11 months
Has thanked: 304 times
Been thanked: 1663 times

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by Christopher Brown »

The FTD booklet release of SOLD OUT! shows the following tracks, noting the bonus is from June 17.

DISC 2: CLEVELAND June 21 1974
1) See See Rider
2) I Got A Woman /Amen
3) Love Me
4) Trying To Get To You
5) All Shook Up
6) Love Me Tender
7) Hound Dog
8) Fever
9) Polk Salad Annie
10) Why Me Lord
11) You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
12) Suspicious Minds
13) Introductions
14) I Can't Stop Loving You
15) Help Me
16) Bridge Over Troubled Water
17) Let Me Be There
18) Funny How Time Slips Away
19) Big Boss Man
20) Can't Help Fallling In Love
21) Turn Around, Look At Me (4 lines only) Baton Rouge, June 17.


Christopher Brown

User avatar

Johnny2523
Posts: 12914
Registered for: 11 years 11 months
Has thanked: 2103 times
Been thanked: 7942 times

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by Johnny2523 »

bluejays3577 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 8:24 pm
Christopher Brown wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 5:56 am
Why isn't TURN AROUND, LOOK AT ME referenced on the Baton Rouge disc, as it was given to us on the FTD release, SOLD OUT?

Two more shows from the tour where I saw my first Elvis show! AND, two more versions of BIG BOSS MAN, the highlight of the afternoon Niagara Falls show for me -- and a very pleasant surprise.
Where exactly in the Baton Rouge show from June 17, 1974 does the "Turn Around, Look At Me" bit occur?

Is Dallas 1971, Baton Rouge 1974, and Asheville 1975 the only three occasions where Elvis did "Turn Around, Look At Me"?
Just before love me as the track on Sold Out starts with Elvis introducing himself to the audience as Arvis Paisley, before doing a one liner ''There is someone, walking behind you, turn around, look at me'' and that's it.


if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

User avatar

Johnny2523
Posts: 12914
Registered for: 11 years 11 months
Has thanked: 2103 times
Been thanked: 7942 times

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by Johnny2523 »

Edwin wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 12:12 am
Could it be that Turn Around, Look At Me is not from Baton Rouge June 17, but from Milwaukee June 28?
no, Elvis introduced himself as Wayne Newton at that show and we have the soundboard of the June 28th and its not the same as Elvis ends it with ''Turn around, look at ya'll''.


if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

User avatar

YDKM
Posts: 13335
Registered for: 21 years 1 month
Location: Nothingville, Sydney, N.S.W.Australia
Has thanked: 7027 times
Been thanked: 2912 times
Age: 63

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by YDKM »

I await these shows with "interest" but at the same time worry about how many times I have to hear such similar performances from 1974 let's just hope these FTD choices show something special?


Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

User avatar

drjohncarpenter
Posts: 107832
Registered for: 21 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 11894 times
Been thanked: 34935 times
Age: 89

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Edwin wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 12:12 am
Could it be that Turn Around, Look At Me is not from Baton Rouge June 17, but from Milwaukee June 28?




No, these are two different versions of the one-liner. Nitty-gritty time here.



"Turn Around, Look At Me" from 6-17-1974 (Baton Rouge) was a bonus track on the FTD release Sold Out!:





https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpBg9x8zrV4&t=6726s

He introduces himself as "Alvin Paisey," then does a two-verse run of the song before singing "Love Me."





Eleven days later in Milwaukee Arena he did it again, it popped up on import 20 years ago:





https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50l1eJYJs7E&t=465s

The singer calls himself "Wayne Newton" this time, before doing a similar two-verse run that ends with "look at you all" . . .


.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

User avatar

Christopher Brown
Posts: 1820
Registered for: 20 years 11 months
Has thanked: 304 times
Been thanked: 1663 times

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by Christopher Brown »

I hear Arvis Paisley not Alvin Paisey. But I have hearing aids (thanks Elvis).


Christopher Brown


minkahed
Posts: 8655
Registered for: 21 years
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Has thanked: 4171 times
Been thanked: 1701 times

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by minkahed »

Elvis2000 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 6:01 pm
Johnny2523 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:43 pm
On Tape 1972 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:54 pm
Way Down Under wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 12:57 pm
YDKM wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 2:13 pm
Way Down Under wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 1:20 pm
YDKM wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:55 am
I am not excited by this release as it seems only a 'routine' Baton Rouge show and a routine (unheard) Fort Worth E/S is unheard before
I guess that the only thing we can hope for in these routine shows is that it's not necessarily what Elvis sings, but how he sings that matters in the end. We can only hope these are more entertaining concerts than what we've heard previously, in spite of their line-up.
Well EXACTLY as track wise it's very "Dull"
And in light of that, I believe that it's time FTD looked at some decent 1977 soundboards for release. So far there's been no SB material from the April/May tour. It wasn't all bad in '77.
It's time they pack Ann Arbor and both Chicago soundboards + all respective multitracks into one of those neat little 3CD box sets, put a nice little photo on the cover, dice-roll a few track numbers and sell the whole thing for 45 quid each.

Done.
Personally i wouldn't mind Ann Arbor to be coupled with the two Saginaw shows.. call the set Elvis In Michigan
Couple the two chicago shows with the st paul show. The multitrack recordings should have their own 2CD or if theres not enough for 2 CD's be coupled with the two EIC shows, call it The Final Recordings
I’d like to see the Spring ‘77 multitracks released with the October Jungle Room session, considering they were hoping on capturing extra material for the Moody Blue album I think it would make sense. The Elvis In Concert material should be released on their own.

The February Jungle Room sessions should be release as “The From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee sessions”

The October Jungle Room session and Spring ‘77 material released as “The Moody Blue Sessions”

The June ‘77 shows alongside any form of the Indianapolis show obviously released as “Elvis In Concert”
I totally get that, but the Moody Blue/She Thinks I Still Care tracks were recorded in February, so to not include that 45 on the Moody Blue Sessions would seem out of context.


Image

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

User avatar

Way Down Under
Posts: 229
Registered for: 2 years 2 months
Mood:
Has thanked: 659 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: Hot News: 3 New FTD releases (late june 2023)

Post by Way Down Under »

Johnny2523 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:43 pm
On Tape 1972 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:54 pm
Way Down Under wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 12:57 pm
YDKM wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 2:13 pm
Way Down Under wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 1:20 pm
YDKM wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:55 am
I am not excited by this release as it seems only a 'routine' Baton Rouge show and a routine (unheard) Fort Worth E/S is unheard before
I guess that the only thing we can hope for in these routine shows is that it's not necessarily what Elvis sings, but how he sings that matters in the end. We can only hope these are more entertaining concerts than what we've heard previously, in spite of their line-up.
Well EXACTLY as track wise it's very "Dull"
And in light of that, I believe that it's time FTD looked at some decent 1977 soundboards for release. So far there's been no SB material from the April/May tour. It wasn't all bad in '77.
It's time they pack Ann Arbor and both Chicago soundboards + all respective multitracks into one of those neat little 3CD box sets, put a nice little photo on the cover, dice-roll a few track numbers and sell the whole thing for 45 quid each.

Done.
Personally i wouldn't mind Ann Arbor to be coupled with the two Saginaw shows.. call the set Elvis In Michigan
Couple the two chicago shows with the st paul show. The multitrack recordings should have their own 2CD or if theres not enough for 2 CD's be coupled with the two EIC shows, call it The Final Recordings
Valid point re Michigan, but there's also Detroit to consider with it. As bonus tracks I would also include some of the unreleased multi-tracks from the respective shows used.
Two other shows worth considering also from this period is the opener from Greensboro and Milwaukee 27/4, as separate releases of course!