America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator5, Moderator3, Site Mechanic


iplayastrat
Posts: 2936
Registered for: 14 years 9 months
Location: Down South in Dixie
Been thanked: 606 times

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by iplayastrat »

Mike C wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:31 pm

How is it fascist to support the concept of peace through strength? It was the bedrock of the successful Regan foreign policy!!

I support Trump's idea of not relying on Russia oil and gas. That would hurt Putin in his wallet directly. How is that in any way being friendly to Putin?

Your statements above are simply illogcal!
Preach on brother, preach on.

BBT


My escape from society continues...

iplayastrat
Posts: 2936
Registered for: 14 years 9 months
Location: Down South in Dixie
Been thanked: 606 times

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by iplayastrat »

MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:29 am

Women are not going to take it anymore. Not even in Kansas.
Not even in Kansas you say? Do you consider them to be dumb?


My escape from society continues...
User avatar

MaryAnn
Posts: 1763
Registered for: 10 years 11 months
Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A.
Has thanked: 986 times
Been thanked: 1174 times

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by MaryAnn »

iplayastrat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:05 am
MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:29 am

Women are not going to take it anymore. Not even in Kansas.
Not even in Kansas you say? Do you consider them to be dumb?
Try to keep up. The Midwest (where I live) is often dismissed as “dumb.” Do not make the assumption that women won’t make their voices heard on this issue— in Kansas, Missouri — and other states Trump won by double digits.



iplayastrat
Posts: 2936
Registered for: 14 years 9 months
Location: Down South in Dixie
Been thanked: 606 times

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by iplayastrat »

MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:17 am
iplayastrat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:05 am
MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:29 am

Women are not going to take it anymore. Not even in Kansas.
Not even in Kansas you say? Do you consider them to be dumb?
Try to keep up. The Midwest (where I live) is often dismissed as “dumb.” Do not make the assumption that women won’t make their voices heard on this issue— in Kansas, Missouri — and other states Trump won by double digits.
I'll try and keep up.

I've never noticed the Midwest dismissed as being dumb.
But the South gets that all the time.

Killing babies is murder wherever you are.


My escape from society continues...
User avatar

BrianTCB
Posts: 5589
Registered for: 11 years 8 months
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 1109 times
Age: 42

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by BrianTCB »

iplayastrat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:23 am
MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:17 am
iplayastrat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:05 am
MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:29 am

Women are not going to take it anymore. Not even in Kansas.
Not even in Kansas you say? Do you consider them to be dumb?
Try to keep up. The Midwest (where I live) is often dismissed as “dumb.” Do not make the assumption that women won’t make their voices heard on this issue— in Kansas, Missouri — and other states Trump won by double digits.
I'll try and keep up.

I've never noticed the Midwest dismissed as being dumb.
But the South gets that all the time.

Killing babies is murder wherever you are.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right wing wack job.

Oversimplifying a complex subject in order to manipulate emotion in less intelligent people in order to create an issue where an issue does not exist is right wing insanity at its finest.

Nobody sets out to murder babies.


User avatar

BrianTCB
Posts: 5589
Registered for: 11 years 8 months
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 1109 times
Age: 42

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by BrianTCB »

We have now recovered all jobs lost during the pandemic - no thanks to the former dude who lost 2.9 million jobs.

Thank you, Mr. President Biden!! America is indeed coming back, and coming back STRONG!!! :D :D :D :D

Massive jobs surprise: US economy added 528,000 jobs in July

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/04/economy/monthly-jobs-report-preview-july/index.html

The US economy has now regained all jobs lost during the pandemic, after a blowout July jobs report that showed a gain of 528,000 jobs, according to data released Friday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The massive monthly gain was more than double the 250,000 that economists were expecting, according to Refinitiv.

The unemployment rate ticked down to 3.5% after holding at 3.6% for the past four months. The July jobless rate matched the half-century low last seen in February 2020.

Friday’s employment snapshot marks the 19th consecutive month of job growth and is the highest monthly gain since the economy added 714,000 jobs in February. July’s job totals outpace the average monthly gain of 388,000 jobs of the past four months, BLS data shows.

President Joe Biden on Friday hailed the July report and took a victory lap by crediting his economic policies for the gains.

“It’s the result of my economic plan to build the economy from the bottom up and middle out,” he said in a statement. “I ran for president to rebuild the middle class – there’s more work to do, but today’s jobs report shows we are making significant progress for working families.”

===================================

If these were the good ol' days...whew!!! Some people need to check their insanity...

====================================

Trump's job losses are the worst of any American president on record

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/04/economy/august-jobs-report-trump-jobs-record/index.html

New York (CNN Business) - (former) President Donald Trump is heading into the general election with the worst jobs numbers of any president, based on records that go back to World War II.

That's not going to change in the two months between now and Election Day, no matter how the economy does.
The US economy is down 4.7 million jobs since January 2017 when Trump took office, according to the Labor Department.

The August jobs report released Friday showed employers added back about 1.4 million jobs, bringing the unemployment rate to 8.4%. That is still well short of what would be needed to give Trump a positive jobs record by November 3.

The only other President in the last 80 years to own an overall loss in jobs between his inauguration and the following Election Day was George W. Bush in 2004. That was because of the so-called "jobless recovery" after the recession sparked by the dot-com bust. But the loss of 605,000 jobs through September of 2004 was a fraction of the job losses that happened under the Trump administration.


User avatar

Mike C
Posts: 8773
Registered for: 19 years 3 months
Location: New Jersey
Has thanked: 2388 times
Been thanked: 1556 times
Age: 45

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by Mike C »

MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:17 am
iplayastrat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:05 am
MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:29 am

Women are not going to take it anymore. Not even in Kansas.
Not even in Kansas you say? Do you consider them to be dumb?
Try to keep up. The Midwest (where I live) is often dismissed as “dumb.” Do not make the assumption that women won’t make their voices heard on this issue— in Kansas, Missouri — and other states Trump won by double digits.
That's a fair point. But isn't this exactly the rationale Alito used in reaching the decision in Dobbs.

Here's the conclusion from the opinion.

"Abortion presents a profound moral question. The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion. Roe and Casey arrogated that authority. We now overrule those decisions and return that authority to the people and their elected representatives."


"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher
User avatar

BrianTCB
Posts: 5589
Registered for: 11 years 8 months
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 1109 times
Age: 42

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:20 pm
MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:17 am
iplayastrat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:05 am
MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:29 am

Women are not going to take it anymore. Not even in Kansas.
Not even in Kansas you say? Do you consider them to be dumb?
Try to keep up. The Midwest (where I live) is often dismissed as “dumb.” Do not make the assumption that women won’t make their voices heard on this issue— in Kansas, Missouri — and other states Trump won by double digits.
That's a fair point. But isn't this exactly the rationale Alito used in reaching the decision in Dobbs.

Here's the conclusion from the opinion.

"Abortion presents a profound moral question. The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion. Roe and Casey arrogated that authority. We now overrule those decisions and return that authority to the people and their elected representatives."
The decision by itself is unconstitutional because it infringes on a woman's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Direct from the constitution:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

It 1. does not promote the general welfare of a woman, 2. does not secure the blessings of liberty to a woman, and 3. does not insure domestic tranquility for women.

F*ck Alito. And f*ck this fascist clown court.

And f*ck you, Mike C. And your armchair lawyer horse crap.


User avatar

BrianTCB
Posts: 5589
Registered for: 11 years 8 months
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 1109 times
Age: 42

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by BrianTCB »

Good.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



User avatar

BrianTCB
Posts: 5589
Registered for: 11 years 8 months
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 1109 times
Age: 42

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by BrianTCB »

America is coming back strong indeed. Thank you, Mr. President Biden!!

:D :D :D :D :D



User avatar

Mike C
Posts: 8773
Registered for: 19 years 3 months
Location: New Jersey
Has thanked: 2388 times
Been thanked: 1556 times
Age: 45

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:17 pm
Mike C wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:20 pm
MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:17 am
iplayastrat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:05 am
MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:29 am

Women are not going to take it anymore. Not even in Kansas.
Not even in Kansas you say? Do you consider them to be dumb?
Try to keep up. The Midwest (where I live) is often dismissed as “dumb.” Do not make the assumption that women won’t make their voices heard on this issue— in Kansas, Missouri — and other states Trump won by double digits.
That's a fair point. But isn't this exactly the rationale Alito used in reaching the decision in Dobbs.

Here's the conclusion from the opinion.

"Abortion presents a profound moral question. The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion. Roe and Casey arrogated that authority. We now overrule those decisions and return that authority to the people and their elected representatives."
The decision by itself is unconstitutional because it infringes on a woman's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Direct from the constitution:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

It 1. does not promote the general welfare of a woman, 2. does not secure the blessings of liberty to a woman, and 3. does not insure domestic tranquility for women.

F*ck Alito. And f*ck this fascist clown court.

And f*ck you, Mike C. And your armchair lawyer horse crap.
Wow, Brian! I didn't realize quoting language from a Supreme Court decision would provoke such a reaction. May I ask, have you been directly impacted by the Dobbs decision? Does the state you live in have any limitations on abortion?

Pursuant to Article III of the Constitution and the famous Marbury case from 1803, the Dobbs is constitutional. You may not like the result, but it is legal, valid and binding.

Why are you dead set against the people in each state voting on what, if any, limitations they will put on abortion? I thought you supported democracy.

There is no need for obscenity in any response. I have not done so and don't plan as it violates the rules of the forum and cheapens the experience we all have here.


"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher
User avatar

Mike C
Posts: 8773
Registered for: 19 years 3 months
Location: New Jersey
Has thanked: 2388 times
Been thanked: 1556 times
Age: 45

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by Mike C »

iplayastrat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:23 am
MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:17 am
iplayastrat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:05 am
MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:29 am

Women are not going to take it anymore. Not even in Kansas.
Not even in Kansas you say? Do you consider them to be dumb?
Try to keep up. The Midwest (where I live) is often dismissed as “dumb.” Do not make the assumption that women won’t make their voices heard on this issue— in Kansas, Missouri — and other states Trump won by double digits.
I'll try and keep up.

I've never noticed the Midwest dismissed as being dumb.
But the South gets that all the time.

Killing babies is murder wherever you are.
Frankly, folks from the South are a lot smarter than our media thinks. And, like midwest folks, they have manners. I like that!


"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher
User avatar

BrianTCB
Posts: 5589
Registered for: 11 years 8 months
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 1109 times
Age: 42

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:46 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:17 pm
Mike C wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:20 pm
MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:17 am
iplayastrat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:05 am
MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:29 am

Women are not going to take it anymore. Not even in Kansas.
Not even in Kansas you say? Do you consider them to be dumb?
Try to keep up. The Midwest (where I live) is often dismissed as “dumb.” Do not make the assumption that women won’t make their voices heard on this issue— in Kansas, Missouri — and other states Trump won by double digits.
That's a fair point. But isn't this exactly the rationale Alito used in reaching the decision in Dobbs.

Here's the conclusion from the opinion.

"Abortion presents a profound moral question. The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion. Roe and Casey arrogated that authority. We now overrule those decisions and return that authority to the people and their elected representatives."
The decision by itself is unconstitutional because it infringes on a woman's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Direct from the constitution:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

It 1. does not promote the general welfare of a woman, 2. does not secure the blessings of liberty to a woman, and 3. does not insure domestic tranquility for women.

F*ck Alito. And f*ck this fascist clown court.

And f*ck you, Mike C. And your armchair lawyer horse crap.
Wow, Brian! I didn't realize quoting language from a Supreme Court decision would provoke such a reaction. May I ask, have you been directly impacted by the Dobbs decision? Does the state you live in have any limitations on abortion?

Pursuant to Article III of the Constitution and the famous Marbury case from 1803, the Dobbs is constitutional. You may not like the result, but it is legal, valid and binding.

Why are you dead set against the people in each state voting on what, if any, limitations they will put on abortion? I thought you supported democracy.

There is no need for obscenity in any response. I have not done so and don't plan as it violates the rules of the forum and cheapens the experience we all have here.
Picking and choosing what aspects of the constitution you like and don't like when you draft an opinion makes it unconstitutional, aside from the direct violations of the constitution that I outlined above.


User avatar

BrianTCB
Posts: 5589
Registered for: 11 years 8 months
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 1109 times
Age: 42

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by BrianTCB »



User avatar

Mike C
Posts: 8773
Registered for: 19 years 3 months
Location: New Jersey
Has thanked: 2388 times
Been thanked: 1556 times
Age: 45

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:07 am
Mike C wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:46 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:17 pm
Mike C wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:20 pm
MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:17 am
iplayastrat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:05 am
MaryAnn wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:29 am

Women are not going to take it anymore. Not even in Kansas.
Not even in Kansas you say? Do you consider them to be dumb?
Try to keep up. The Midwest (where I live) is often dismissed as “dumb.” Do not make the assumption that women won’t make their voices heard on this issue— in Kansas, Missouri — and other states Trump won by double digits.
That's a fair point. But isn't this exactly the rationale Alito used in reaching the decision in Dobbs.

Here's the conclusion from the opinion.

"Abortion presents a profound moral question. The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion. Roe and Casey arrogated that authority. We now overrule those decisions and return that authority to the people and their elected representatives."
The decision by itself is unconstitutional because it infringes on a woman's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Direct from the constitution:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

It 1. does not promote the general welfare of a woman, 2. does not secure the blessings of liberty to a woman, and 3. does not insure domestic tranquility for women.

F*ck Alito. And f*ck this fascist clown court.

And f*ck you, Mike C. And your armchair lawyer horse crap.
Wow, Brian! I didn't realize quoting language from a Supreme Court decision would provoke such a reaction. May I ask, have you been directly impacted by the Dobbs decision? Does the state you live in have any limitations on abortion?

Pursuant to Article III of the Constitution and the famous Marbury case from 1803, the Dobbs is constitutional. You may not like the result, but it is legal, valid and binding.

Why are you dead set against the people in each state voting on what, if any, limitations they will put on abortion? I thought you supported democracy.

There is no need for obscenity in any response. I have not done so and don't plan as it violates the rules of the forum and cheapens the experience we all have here.
Picking and choosing what aspects of the constitution you like and don't like when you draft an opinion makes it unconstitutional, aside from the direct violations of the constitution that I outlined above.
You quoted the preamble of the Constitution which is simply not law. If you want to claim a violation of the general welfare clause you would cite Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution.

That said, the Supreme Court is our highest court so the Dobbs decision is constitutional law. The Dobbs decision, like other Supreme Court cases, cites the applicable constitutional authority.


"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

iplayastrat
Posts: 2936
Registered for: 14 years 9 months
Location: Down South in Dixie
Been thanked: 606 times

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by iplayastrat »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:17 pm

The decision by itself is unconstitutional because it infringes on a woman's right to the pursuit of happiness.


F*ck Alito. And f*ck this fascist clown court.

And f*ck you, Mike C. And your armchair lawyer horse crap.



___________________________________________________________
Response to a slightly edited but not taken out of context post.

Denying a woman the right to abort her baby infringes on a woman's
right to the pursuit of happiness? Explain please.

I don't know why you'd respond to anyone like that. Your "FU's" are
getting tiresome. You have no civility.

Yours Truly, iplayastrat.

And yes, once again I have messed up the "quote" feature.


My escape from society continues...
User avatar

BrianTCB
Posts: 5589
Registered for: 11 years 8 months
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 1109 times
Age: 42

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by BrianTCB »

iplayastrat wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:56 am
BrianTCB wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:17 pm

The decision by itself is unconstitutional because it infringes on a woman's right to the pursuit of happiness.


F*ck Alito. And f*ck this fascist clown court.

And f*ck you, Mike C. And your armchair lawyer horse crap.



___________________________________________________________
Response to a slightly edited but not taken out of context post.

Denying a woman the right to abort her baby infringes on a woman's
right to the pursuit of happiness? Explain please.

I don't know why you'd respond to anyone like that. Your "FU's" are
getting tiresome. You have no civility.

Yours Truly, iplayastrat.

And yes, once again I have messed up the "quote" feature.
[/quote]

Restricting the rights of any group of people is an exercise in fascism.

And: I have no civility?

You Trumpers were the the ones who violently, uncivilly attacked the United States Capitol on January 6th.

You're the ones who continue to erode our laws and government.

You're the ones who are gently installing Trumpers in every possible corner of government in the hopes of overturning swing states in 2024.

You're the ones who initiated a coup.

But me calling one Trumper censored names on a discussion board is "uncivil".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


User avatar

Mike C
Posts: 8773
Registered for: 19 years 3 months
Location: New Jersey
Has thanked: 2388 times
Been thanked: 1556 times
Age: 45

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:19 am

Restricting the rights of any group of people is an exercise in fascism.

And: I have no civility?

You Trumpers were the the ones who violently, uncivilly attacked the United States Capitol on January 6th.

You're the ones who continue to erode our laws and government.

You're the ones who are gently installing Trumpers in every possible corner of government in the hopes of overturning swing states in 2024.

You're the ones who initiated a coup.

But me calling one Trumper censored names on a discussion board is "uncivil".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No one's rights were restricted by the Dobbs decision. It simply kicked the issue of abortion back to the voters in each state. The problem with Roe, as even Justice Ginsburg acknowledged, is that it was a poorly reasoned decision. There is simply nothing in the text of the Constitution that provides support for or a restriction against abortion. The Roe majority simply invented the "right" out of thin air to get the result they wanted.

Pardon me, neither I or iplayastrat attacked the Capitol on the 6th. We were home working to pay an even greater share of salary for taxes to cover the deficit spending of Congress!! Nor did we initiate a coup. Jan 6th was nothing more than a riot and those who broke the laws should be punished. And, so should those folks on the left who rioted and caused property destruction in the summer of 2020, such as the burning of historic St. John's Church in D.C. If our DOJ did this, then it would be upholding the concept of equal justice before the law.

Moreover, the riot of Jan. 6th was a not a coup. By the DOJ's own admission, the main folks behind the riot left their guns and amo back at their hotel. How then do you overtake the Capitol Police (who had guns and other weapons) if you leave yours at home?

The power of the Presidency, by law, transferred automatically at noon on January 20, 2021, so no coup could have occurred on the 6th when the counting one the electoral college votes was disrupted. Trump was always going to be President between the 7th and noon on the 20th.

Lastly, notice how I was able to articulate my points without cursing. Try it sometimes. It is rewarding!


"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher
User avatar

BrianTCB
Posts: 5589
Registered for: 11 years 8 months
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 1109 times
Age: 42

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:26 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:19 am

Restricting the rights of any group of people is an exercise in fascism.

And: I have no civility?

You Trumpers were the the ones who violently, uncivilly attacked the United States Capitol on January 6th.

You're the ones who continue to erode our laws and government.

You're the ones who are gently installing Trumpers in every possible corner of government in the hopes of overturning swing states in 2024.

You're the ones who initiated a coup.

But me calling one Trumper censored names on a discussion board is "uncivil".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No one's rights were restricted by the Dobbs decision. It simply kicked the issue of abortion back to the voters in each state. The problem with Roe, as even Justice Ginsburg acknowledged, is that it was a poorly reasoned decision. There is simply nothing in the text of the Constitution that provides support for or a restriction against abortion. The Roe majority simply invented the "right" out of thin air to get the result they wanted.

Pardon me, neither I or iplayastrat attacked the Capitol on the 6th. We were home working to pay an even greater share of salary for taxes to cover the deficit spending of Congress!! Nor did we initiate a coup. Jan 6th was nothing more than a riot and those who broke the laws should be punished. And, so should those folks on the left who rioted and caused property destruction in the summer of 2020, such as the burning of historic St. John's Church in D.C. If our DOJ did this, then it would be upholding the concept of equal justice before the law.

Moreover, the riot of Jan. 6th was a not a coup. By the DOJ's own admission, the main folks behind the riot left their guns and amo back at their hotel. How then do you overtake the Capitol Police (who had guns and other weapons) if you leave yours at home?

The power of the Presidency, by law, transferred automatically at noon on January 20, 2021, so no coup could have occurred on the 6th when the counting one the electoral college votes was disrupted. Trump was always going to be President between the 7th and noon on the 20th.

Lastly, notice how I was able to articulate my points without cursing. Try it sometimes. It is rewarding!
No, you both did not (that I know of). But, both of you do support Trump, a demagogue fascist, who did orchestrate the attack on the capitol. You are also spreading lies and conspiracy theories right here on this message board against anything the January 6th committee might be doing to achieve justice.

There is ample evidence proving he was responsible, as provided by the January 6th Committee. I highly suggest watching all the hearings, so you don't sound as stupid as you do right now.

Trump is guilty of attempting to overturn the results of the 2020 election through seditious conspiracy against the government by force. He is guilty, guilty, guilty, and there is plenty of evidence proving that guilt. Including evidence of many of his underlings participating in orchestrating this coup. It was not just a riot, as you are so fond of parroting from FOX News.

Give it time for charges and indictment, which is coming. The DOJ is in talks with Trump's attorneys right now. And Merrick Garland will go after any and all people who are guilty of committing this seditious conspiracy to overthrow the government by force, including Trump himself.


User avatar

Mike C
Posts: 8773
Registered for: 19 years 3 months
Location: New Jersey
Has thanked: 2388 times
Been thanked: 1556 times
Age: 45

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:09 pm
Mike C wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:26 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:19 am

Restricting the rights of any group of people is an exercise in fascism.

And: I have no civility?

You Trumpers were the the ones who violently, uncivilly attacked the United States Capitol on January 6th.

You're the ones who continue to erode our laws and government.

You're the ones who are gently installing Trumpers in every possible corner of government in the hopes of overturning swing states in 2024.

You're the ones who initiated a coup.

But me calling one Trumper censored names on a discussion board is "uncivil".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No one's rights were restricted by the Dobbs decision. It simply kicked the issue of abortion back to the voters in each state. The problem with Roe, as even Justice Ginsburg acknowledged, is that it was a poorly reasoned decision. There is simply nothing in the text of the Constitution that provides support for or a restriction against abortion. The Roe majority simply invented the "right" out of thin air to get the result they wanted.

Pardon me, neither I or iplayastrat attacked the Capitol on the 6th. We were home working to pay an even greater share of salary for taxes to cover the deficit spending of Congress!! Nor did we initiate a coup. Jan 6th was nothing more than a riot and those who broke the laws should be punished. And, so should those folks on the left who rioted and caused property destruction in the summer of 2020, such as the burning of historic St. John's Church in D.C. If our DOJ did this, then it would be upholding the concept of equal justice before the law.

Moreover, the riot of Jan. 6th was a not a coup. By the DOJ's own admission, the main folks behind the riot left their guns and amo back at their hotel. How then do you overtake the Capitol Police (who had guns and other weapons) if you leave yours at home?

The power of the Presidency, by law, transferred automatically at noon on January 20, 2021, so no coup could have occurred on the 6th when the counting one the electoral college votes was disrupted. Trump was always going to be President between the 7th and noon on the 20th.

Lastly, notice how I was able to articulate my points without cursing. Try it sometimes. It is rewarding!
No, you both did not (that I know of). But, both of you do support Trump, a demagogue fascist, who did orchestrate the attack on the capitol. You are also spreading lies and conspiracy theories right here on this message board against anything the January 6th committee might be doing to achieve justice.

There is ample evidence proving he was responsible, as provided by the January 6th Committee. I highly suggest watching all the hearings, so you don't sound as stupid as you do right now.

Trump is guilty of attempting to overturn the results of the 2020 election through seditious conspiracy against the government by force. He is guilty, guilty, guilty, and there is plenty of evidence proving that guilt. Including evidence of many of his underlings participating in orchestrating this coup. It was not just a riot, as you are so fond of parroting from FOX News.

Give it time for charges and indictment, which is coming. The DOJ is in talks with Trump's attorneys right now. And Merrick Garland will go after any and all people who are guilty of committing this seditious conspiracy to overthrow the government by force, including Trump himself.
How could Trump overturn the results of the electoral college that had not yet been counted? The Electoral College Act permits challenges to each state's count if you follow the provisions of the law. That is what several members in the House and Senate were doing that day,

As of yet, the Committee has not yet put forward one shred of direct evidence which ties Trump or his associates to the folks who rioted. So, where is the conspiracy to commit sedition?

However, assuming Trump planned to overthrow the count using force, then how did his speech "incite" the crowd? Incitement means that there was no prior planning but the speaker knew the words would cause a crowd to do something imminently. And, why did Trump give permission to the Defense Secretary to call up more than 20,000 National Guard troops to the Capitol on Jan. 4th? If you are planning a sedition, why have troops there ready to defend?

Such questions would have been raised by a true bi-partisan Committee looking to get to the truth, like the 9-11 Commission. But Pelosi prevented from happening when she denied the minority party's chosen members. That was an unprecedented action of her part.


"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher
User avatar

BrianTCB
Posts: 5589
Registered for: 11 years 8 months
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 1109 times
Age: 42

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:17 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:09 pm
Mike C wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:26 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:19 am

Restricting the rights of any group of people is an exercise in fascism.

And: I have no civility?

You Trumpers were the the ones who violently, uncivilly attacked the United States Capitol on January 6th.

You're the ones who continue to erode our laws and government.

You're the ones who are gently installing Trumpers in every possible corner of government in the hopes of overturning swing states in 2024.

You're the ones who initiated a coup.

But me calling one Trumper censored names on a discussion board is "uncivil".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No one's rights were restricted by the Dobbs decision. It simply kicked the issue of abortion back to the voters in each state. The problem with Roe, as even Justice Ginsburg acknowledged, is that it was a poorly reasoned decision. There is simply nothing in the text of the Constitution that provides support for or a restriction against abortion. The Roe majority simply invented the "right" out of thin air to get the result they wanted.

Pardon me, neither I or iplayastrat attacked the Capitol on the 6th. We were home working to pay an even greater share of salary for taxes to cover the deficit spending of Congress!! Nor did we initiate a coup. Jan 6th was nothing more than a riot and those who broke the laws should be punished. And, so should those folks on the left who rioted and caused property destruction in the summer of 2020, such as the burning of historic St. John's Church in D.C. If our DOJ did this, then it would be upholding the concept of equal justice before the law.

Moreover, the riot of Jan. 6th was a not a coup. By the DOJ's own admission, the main folks behind the riot left their guns and amo back at their hotel. How then do you overtake the Capitol Police (who had guns and other weapons) if you leave yours at home?

The power of the Presidency, by law, transferred automatically at noon on January 20, 2021, so no coup could have occurred on the 6th when the counting one the electoral college votes was disrupted. Trump was always going to be President between the 7th and noon on the 20th.

Lastly, notice how I was able to articulate my points without cursing. Try it sometimes. It is rewarding!
No, you both did not (that I know of). But, both of you do support Trump, a demagogue fascist, who did orchestrate the attack on the capitol. You are also spreading lies and conspiracy theories right here on this message board against anything the January 6th committee might be doing to achieve justice.

There is ample evidence proving he was responsible, as provided by the January 6th Committee. I highly suggest watching all the hearings, so you don't sound as stupid as you do right now.

Trump is guilty of attempting to overturn the results of the 2020 election through seditious conspiracy against the government by force. He is guilty, guilty, guilty, and there is plenty of evidence proving that guilt. Including evidence of many of his underlings participating in orchestrating this coup. It was not just a riot, as you are so fond of parroting from FOX News.

Give it time for charges and indictment, which is coming. The DOJ is in talks with Trump's attorneys right now. And Merrick Garland will go after any and all people who are guilty of committing this seditious conspiracy to overthrow the government by force, including Trump himself.
How could Trump overturn the results of the electoral college that had not yet been counted? The Electoral College Act permits challenges to each state's count if you follow the provisions of the law. That is what several members in the House and Senate were doing that day,

As of yet, the Committee has not yet put forward one shred of direct evidence which ties Trump or his associates to the folks who rioted. So, where is the conspiracy to commit sedition?

However, assuming Trump planned to overthrow the count using force, then how did his speech "incite" the crowd? Incitement means that there was no prior planning but the speaker knew the words would cause a crowd to do something imminently. And, why did Trump give permission to the Defense Secretary to call up more than 20,000 National Guard troops to the Capitol on Jan. 4th? If you are planning a sedition, why have troops there ready to defend?

Such questions would have been raised by a true bi-partisan Committee looking to get to the truth, like the 9-11 Commission. But Pelosi prevented from happening when she denied the minority party's chosen members. That was an unprecedented action of her part.
Hmmmm...so you're ignoring the words out of Trump's defense secretary's own mouth?

Why do you believe so many lies? Are you really that gullible?

Trump's defense secretary denies there were orders to have 10K troops ready to deploy on January 6

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/26/politics/chris-miller-house-select-committee/index.html

(CNN) - Former acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller told the House select committee investigating the Capitol Hill insurrection that former President Donald Trump never gave him a formal order to have 10,000 troops ready to be deployed to the Capitol on January 6, 2021, according to new video of Miller's deposition released by the committee.

"I was never given any direction or order or knew of any plans of that nature," Miller said in the video.

Miller later said in the video definitively, "There was no direct, there was no order from the President."

"We obviously had plans for activating more folks, but that was not anything more than contingency planning," Miller added. "There was no official message traffic or anything of that nature."

Trump has previously said that he requested National Guard troops be ready for January 6. He released a statement on June 9 that he "suggested & offered" up to 20,000 National Guard troops be deployed to Washington, DC, ahead of January 6 claiming it was because he felt "that the crowd was going to be very large."

The committee released Miller's testimony after already revealing that Trump did not make calls to military personnel or law enforcement to intervene as the Capitol attack was unfolding. General Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told the committee that he never received a call from Trump as the attack as unfolding.

Milley testified to the committee that he spoke to former Vice President Mike Pence "two or three" times on January 6. Keith Kellogg, former national security adviser to Pence, also told the committee that Trump never asked for a law enforcement response.


User avatar

Mike C
Posts: 8773
Registered for: 19 years 3 months
Location: New Jersey
Has thanked: 2388 times
Been thanked: 1556 times
Age: 45

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:58 am
Mike C wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:17 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:09 pm
Mike C wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:26 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:19 am

Restricting the rights of any group of people is an exercise in fascism.

And: I have no civility?

You Trumpers were the the ones who violently, uncivilly attacked the United States Capitol on January 6th.

You're the ones who continue to erode our laws and government.

You're the ones who are gently installing Trumpers in every possible corner of government in the hopes of overturning swing states in 2024.

You're the ones who initiated a coup.

But me calling one Trumper censored names on a discussion board is "uncivil".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No one's rights were restricted by the Dobbs decision. It simply kicked the issue of abortion back to the voters in each state. The problem with Roe, as even Justice Ginsburg acknowledged, is that it was a poorly reasoned decision. There is simply nothing in the text of the Constitution that provides support for or a restriction against abortion. The Roe majority simply invented the "right" out of thin air to get the result they wanted.

Pardon me, neither I or iplayastrat attacked the Capitol on the 6th. We were home working to pay an even greater share of salary for taxes to cover the deficit spending of Congress!! Nor did we initiate a coup. Jan 6th was nothing more than a riot and those who broke the laws should be punished. And, so should those folks on the left who rioted and caused property destruction in the summer of 2020, such as the burning of historic St. John's Church in D.C. If our DOJ did this, then it would be upholding the concept of equal justice before the law.

Moreover, the riot of Jan. 6th was a not a coup. By the DOJ's own admission, the main folks behind the riot left their guns and amo back at their hotel. How then do you overtake the Capitol Police (who had guns and other weapons) if you leave yours at home?

The power of the Presidency, by law, transferred automatically at noon on January 20, 2021, so no coup could have occurred on the 6th when the counting one the electoral college votes was disrupted. Trump was always going to be President between the 7th and noon on the 20th.

Lastly, notice how I was able to articulate my points without cursing. Try it sometimes. It is rewarding!
No, you both did not (that I know of). But, both of you do support Trump, a demagogue fascist, who did orchestrate the attack on the capitol. You are also spreading lies and conspiracy theories right here on this message board against anything the January 6th committee might be doing to achieve justice.

There is ample evidence proving he was responsible, as provided by the January 6th Committee. I highly suggest watching all the hearings, so you don't sound as stupid as you do right now.

Trump is guilty of attempting to overturn the results of the 2020 election through seditious conspiracy against the government by force. He is guilty, guilty, guilty, and there is plenty of evidence proving that guilt. Including evidence of many of his underlings participating in orchestrating this coup. It was not just a riot, as you are so fond of parroting from FOX News.

Give it time for charges and indictment, which is coming. The DOJ is in talks with Trump's attorneys right now. And Merrick Garland will go after any and all people who are guilty of committing this seditious conspiracy to overthrow the government by force, including Trump himself.
How could Trump overturn the results of the electoral college that had not yet been counted? The Electoral College Act permits challenges to each state's count if you follow the provisions of the law. That is what several members in the House and Senate were doing that day,

As of yet, the Committee has not yet put forward one shred of direct evidence which ties Trump or his associates to the folks who rioted. So, where is the conspiracy to commit sedition?

However, assuming Trump planned to overthrow the count using force, then how did his speech "incite" the crowd? Incitement means that there was no prior planning but the speaker knew the words would cause a crowd to do something imminently. And, why did Trump give permission to the Defense Secretary to call up more than 20,000 National Guard troops to the Capitol on Jan. 4th? If you are planning a sedition, why have troops there ready to defend?

Such questions would have been raised by a true bi-partisan Committee looking to get to the truth, like the 9-11 Commission. But Pelosi prevented from happening when she denied the minority party's chosen members. That was an unprecedented action of her part.
Hmmmm...so you're ignoring the words out of Trump's defense secretary's own mouth?

Why do you believe so many lies? Are you really that gullible?

Trump's defense secretary denies there were orders to have 10K troops ready to deploy on January 6

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/26/politics/chris-miller-house-select-committee/index.html

(CNN) - Former acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller told the House select committee investigating the Capitol Hill insurrection that former President Donald Trump never gave him a formal order to have 10,000 troops ready to be deployed to the Capitol on January 6, 2021, according to new video of Miller's deposition released by the committee.

"I was never given any direction or order or knew of any plans of that nature," Miller said in the video.

Miller later said in the video definitively, "There was no direct, there was no order from the President."

"We obviously had plans for activating more folks, but that was not anything more than contingency planning," Miller added. "There was no official message traffic or anything of that nature."

Trump has previously said that he requested National Guard troops be ready for January 6. He released a statement on June 9 that he "suggested & offered" up to 20,000 National Guard troops be deployed to Washington, DC, ahead of January 6 claiming it was because he felt "that the crowd was going to be very large."

The committee released Miller's testimony after already revealing that Trump did not make calls to military personnel or law enforcement to intervene as the Capitol attack was unfolding. General Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told the committee that he never received a call from Trump as the attack as unfolding.

Milley testified to the committee that he spoke to former Vice President Mike Pence "two or three" times on January 6. Keith Kellogg, former national security adviser to Pence, also told the committee that Trump never asked for a law enforcement response.
No, I am not. The problem is any such order would gave violated federal law. The President may authorize Guard troops but governors (or the mayor in the case of D.C.) must request them first. Cheney know this but is playing word games which media outlets like CNN are all too happy to parrot.

Notes from other officials around the time and Kash Patel's own words back up Trump's claims.

Trump’s Pre-Jan. 6 Actions Demolish Democrats’ ‘Coup’ Fantasies

Deroy Murdock / August 05, 202

The Stalinist Jan. 6 committee rages on.

During Donald Trump’s first two impeachments, his supporters cross-examined witnesses and provided exculpatory evidence. But the recent proceedings of the House special committee investigating the Capitol riot don’t try to be fair to Trump or even curious about his side of the story.

Instead, these proceedings are designed to blame Trump for a supposed coup and kneecap him before 2024.

Now, The Washington Post reports, the Justice Department has launched a criminal probe regarding Trump’s role in the chaos of Jan. 6, 2021, and, more broadly, his refusal to roll over and play dead amid widespread doubts about the integrity of the November 2020 general election.

Totally ignored is the thoroughly documented fact that Trump authorized up to 20,000 National Guard troops to keep Washington tranquil on Jan. 6. Doing so before his alleged putsch would be as self-torpedoing as a jewel thief who alerted the police while walking to the Smithsonian to swipe the Hope Diamond.

Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., told Fox News Channel’s Bret Baier that Trump “never issued any order to deploy the National Guard to protect the Capitol.” Cheney, queen of the Never Trumpers, is playing word games.

Such an “order” would have violated federal law (18 U.S. Code § 1385). The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 bars the U.S. armed forces from civilian law enforcement. The president may authorize National Guard troops, but governors (or D.C.’s mayor) must request them before the troops roll.


“DJT authorized the use of the military to support local and federal law enforcement on 6 Jan.,” then-acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller told me, referring to Trump. “He directed that I provide whatever support was requested. Absolutely true statement.”

According to Miller, Trump added: “You’ll need 10 to 20,000,” Miller continued, “He then reiterated that I should provide any military support requested.”

“10-20k troops were authorized for use around the country in the Oval Office prior to Jan. 6. Hard fact,” then-Pentagon chief of staff Kash Patel told me in an email. He added: “I was there with SECDEF [the defense secretary], Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, and others.”

Patel added: “DoD spoke to Capitol Police (who report to Nancy Pelosi) before Jan. 6 multiple times, and they repeatedly rejected any National Guard assistance, as did D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser.”

Official records back Miller and Patel.

—Referring to Miller and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley, Pentagon timelines state that on Jan. 3 at 5:30 p.m.: “A/SD and CJCS meet with the President. President concurs in activation of the DCNG to support law enforcement.”

—“Later that afternoon Mr. Miller and Gen. Milley met with President Trump, who concurred in the activation of DCNG to support law enforcement,” reads page 77 of the Senate Staff Report on Jan 6.

“He was looking at the broad threats against the United States and he brought this up on his own,” Miller told the Epoch Times. “We did not bring it up.”

—Meanwhile, Speaker Pelosi, D-Calif., rejected Trump’s troop offer. U.S. Capitol Police’s official timeline says the Pentagon asked Jan. 2 whether “USCP [Capitol Police] is considering a request for National Guard soldiers for Jan. 6, 2021, event.” The next day, Deputy Chief Sean Gallagher replied that “a request for National Guard support is not forthcoming at this time after consultation with COP [Capitol Police Chief Steven] Sund.”

For her part, Bowser fretted that National Guardsmen might stir “confusion among residents and visitors.” So, the mayor blocked them from the District of Columbia. Bowser wrote the Pentagon and Justice Department on Jan. 5:

To be clear, the District of Columbia is not requesting other federal law enforcement personnel and discourages any additional deployment without immediate notification to, and consultation with, MPD [the Metropolitan Police Department] if such plans are underway.


Democrats want desperately to keep Americans unaware of this fact:

The rioters would have been hindered or halted if the National Guard troops authorized by Trump were in position. Unfortunately, Pelosi and Bowser wanted the National Guardsmen to stand down.

So, they did.
https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/08/05/trumps-pre-jan-6-actions-demolish-democrats-coup-fantasies/

For his part, Patel testified before the Jan 6th Committee and told them this story. Unsurprisingly, the Committee has not leaked his testimony to their favorite media organs or released the testimony to the public. Patel has repeatedly requested it be released Gee, kind makes one think the Committee is deliberately holding back evidence that would destroy its narrative.


"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher
User avatar

BrianTCB
Posts: 5589
Registered for: 11 years 8 months
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 1109 times
Age: 42

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by BrianTCB »

Amazing that you actually believe that...notwithstanding the obvious right wing slant of that article.

:facep:


User avatar

Mike C
Posts: 8773
Registered for: 19 years 3 months
Location: New Jersey
Has thanked: 2388 times
Been thanked: 1556 times
Age: 45

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:43 pm
Amazing that you actually believe that...notwithstanding the obvious right wing slant of that article.

:facep:
Amazing that you have so much hatred for the Orange Man that you are blinded to anything that does not fit your preconceived notion of the events of January 6th. You really put your stock in CNN? The Daily Signal is open to all view points and I like that!

Feel free to read about the Posse Comitatus Act for yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act


"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher
User avatar

BrianTCB
Posts: 5589
Registered for: 11 years 8 months
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 1109 times
Age: 42

Re: America is coming back, and America is coming back strong

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:39 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:43 pm
Amazing that you actually believe that...notwithstanding the obvious right wing slant of that article.

:facep:
Amazing that you have so much hatred for the Orange Man that you are blinded to anything that does not fit your preconceived notion of the events of January 6th. You really put your stock in CNN? The Daily Signal is open to all view points and I like that!

Feel free to read about the Posse Comitatus Act for yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act
Amazing that you have so much hatred for President Biden that you are blinded to anything that doesn't fit your anti-Biden agenda.
Last edited by BrianTCB on Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.