elvis4life
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

“Dick Van Dyke 98 Years of Magic” CBS special 12/21

Post by elvis4life »

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/dick-van-dyke-birthday-special-cbs-1235792308/

Nov 16, 2023 9:00am PT
CBS to Honor Dick Van Dyke With 98th Birthday Special in December

By Ethan Shanfeld

CBS is ringing in Dick Van Dyke‘s 98th birthday with an entertainment special honoring the legendary actor and performer.

“Dick Van Dyke 98 Years of Magic” will air Dec. 21 from 9 to 11 p.m. on the network, as well as stream live and on demand for Paramount+ With Showtime subscribers. Paramount+ Essential subscribers can stream the special on demand starting Dec. 22.

After working as a DJ, comedian and emcee on local radio and TV programs, Van Dyke joined “CBS Morning Show” as host, with Walter Cronkite as his news anchor and Barbara Walters as news copyrighter. He became a television star on CBS with the sitcom “The Dick Van Dyke Show,” on which he played television comedy writer Rob Petrie. The CBS birthday special will return to the iconic set of “The Dick Van Dyke Show” as well as feature archival footage from across Van Dyke’s career, encompassing “Mary Poppins,” “Bye Bye Birdie,” “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” and more. The two-hour tribute event will also include music and dance performances, special guests and a holiday number.

“I started with CBS under contract in 1955 with the CBS morning show, then ‘The Dick Van Dyke Show’ and ‘Diagnosis Murder,’” said Van Dyke. “I’ve been with the CBS family for almost 70 years, and I couldn’t be prouder. I’m incredibly honored that CBS will be throwing a 98th birthday special for me. Can’t wait to be part of the show!”

“Dick Van Dyke 98 Years of Magic” is executive produced by Craig and Clara Plestis of Smart Dog Media. Deena Katz will cast and executive produce, Ashley Edens serves as showrunner, and Dick Van Dyke and his wife, Arlene Silver, will produce along with White Label Productions.

latebloomer
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Re: “Dick Van Dyke 98 Years of Magic” CBS special 12/21

Post by latebloomer »

98 years old and still compose mentis, apparently! My folks bought a TV in 1955; Dick Van Dyke has been part of almost my entire life. He remains one of the very best comedians and a true gentleman. Live long and prosper! Thanks, elvis4life, for posting the notice of his upcoming show.

latebloomer

Elvis Presley was an explorer of vast new landscapes of dream and illusion. He was a man who refused to be told that the best of his dreams would not come true, who refused to be defined by anyone else's perceptions. This is the goal of democracy, the journey on which every American hero sets out. That Elvis made so much of the journey on his own is reason enough to remember him with the honor and love we reserve for the bravest among us. Such men made the only maps we can trust.
--- Dave Marsh in Elvis.

YDKM
Registered for: 21 years

Re: “Dick Van Dyke 98 Years of Magic” CBS special 12/21

Post by YDKM »

Great news!

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!