Elvis Auld Lang Syne CD (Live Archives)

Post Here All Reviews Of Bootleg CD's/LP's etc.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
alain1213
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Elvis Auld Lang Syne CD (Live Archives)

Post by alain1213 »

I want to purchase the Elvis Auld Lang Syne CD by Live Archives. This CD was released in 1995. Does anyone knows where I could get a copy? If you have a copy that you would like to sale please let me know how much you want for it.
:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Re: Elvis Auld Lang Syne CD (Live Archives)

Post by BrianTCB »

If you're just looking for the show and not the CD itself as a collector's item, the FTD label has released that show where you can easily purchase it (link below). I love that show and have the Auld Lang Syne set (somewhere - it's packed away where I can't find it; don't plan on selling it though) and it's one of my favorite CDs - I never get bored of it!

Otherwise, good luck in your search! :)

http://www.shopelvis.com/Product.aspx?cp=796_11143_11184&pc=EPCD018

Brian

Rob

Post by Rob »

If at all possible, get the CD you've mentioned. It's the best sounding version that I've heard, especially through headphones. While I recommend an FTD release most of the time, in this particular case, I most certainly do not.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Rob wrote:If at all possible, get the CD you've mentioned. It's the best sounding version that I've heard, especially through headphones. While I recommend an FTD release most of the time, in this particular case, I most certainly do not.
Rob - interesting that the FTD show is inferior quality! Glad that I kept my copy of the above! :D

Brian

Rob

Post by Rob »

PM me some shows that you may be looking for, Brian. You are interesting in starting your collection. I may have a few lying around that I could help you out with.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Rob wrote:PM me some shows that you may be looking for, Brian. You are interesting in starting your collection. I may have a few lying around that I could help you out with.
Definitely! Will do!

Brian

javilu
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by javilu »

Rob wrote:If at all possible, get the CD you've mentioned. It's the best sounding version that I've heard, especially through headphones. While I recommend an FTD release most of the time, in this particular case, I most certainly do not.
The FTD suffers from some mastering artifacts like pops and clicks not found on the bootleg, that's why the boot is the version to have.

“Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.”

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Incidentally, the Live Archives CD release was mastered from a clean, test copy of the original 1977 vinyl.
javilu wrote:The FTD suffers from some mastering artifacts like pops and clicks not found on the bootleg, that's why the boot is the version to have.
The FTD, however, includes parts of the original John Herman tape omitted from the 1977 bootleg LP set.

So, to have the complete recording, one must combine the bootleg source with the missing bits from the FTD release.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

javilu
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by javilu »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Incidentally, the Live Archives CD release was mastered from a clean, test copy of the original 1977 vinyl.
javilu wrote:The FTD suffers from some mastering artifacts like pops and clicks not found on the bootleg, that's why the boot is the version to have.
The FTD, however, includes parts of the original John Herman tape omitted from the 1977 bootleg LP set.

So, to have the complete recording, one must combine the bootleg source with the missing bits from the FTD release.
Or wait for FTD to release a corrected version.

“Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.”

fg76
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by fg76 »

FTD cut out a lot of Elvis' audeince talk.

They cut off Ed Bonja screaming "Long live the King," and Elvis says "Thank You." It's been a while I've listened to either version, so I can't remember what else FTD edited off their release. One of the reasons, I'd rather have the Auld Lang Syne version, but add in Can't Help Falling In Love and the ending from the FTD version.

Mike C
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Mike C »

From a sound perspective, the Live Archives release is better. IIRC, there's is an edit in Can't Help Falling in Love on that release which omits someone nearly knocking over Herman's tape recorder.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher