Post Here All Reviews Of Books/Magazines

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
elvisa
Registered for: 17 years

The book I won from Daz Cav

Post by elvisa »

Hello
I just wanted to tell a little about the book that I won from Daz cav a little while back, "Raised on Elvis!Elvis!Elvis!", by Sandi Haynes Pichon.
It`s one of those books that every fan would like to read.....a fan story to other fans and as I never was lucky enough to go and see Elvis in person, I really appriciate a book like this.
Sandi tells how she at the age of 12 in 1956, first meet Elvis at Audubon Drive and sat on his motorcycle talking to him and visited his home a number of times. She tells about the concerts she went to...both in the 50`and the 70`, how she was invited inside the Stax studio 1973, her visit to Graceland and all the times when she came close to his world and his friends.
To me it seems that she was a fan who didn`t pushed herself to his personal life, she just tried to be near him and took what came along by it self........she never had a date with him, she was just a pure fan who loved/love Elvis and in this book she is sharing all her wonderful memories.
She also tell about that sad day in August 77, when she went to see Elvis to say goodbye by the coffin at Graceland and the day she went to his funeral.
All in all, a story about a fan who followed Elvis almost from the beginning and right till the end and I`m really glad that I was lucky enough to have this book and read it......Thanks again Daz Cav.

P.S. Also there is some nice pictures in the book, some taken by Sandi and others with Elvis and Sandi, taken by someone else.
Last edited by elvisa on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

" Elvis music is how feelings sound like "

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: The book I won from Daz Cav

Post by drjohncarpenter »

elvisa wrote:Hello
I just wanted to tell a little about the book that I won from Daz cav a little while back, "Raised on Elvis!Elvis!Elvis!", by Sandi Haynes Pichon.
It`s one of those books that every fan would like to read.....a fan story to other fans and as I never was lucky enough to go and see Elvis in person, I really appriciate a book like this.
Sandi tells how she at the age of 12 in 1956, first meet Elvis at Audubon Drive and sat on his motorcycle talking to him and visited his home a number of times. She tells about the concerts she went to...both in the 50`and the 70`, how she was invited inside the Stax studio 1973, her visit to Graceland and all the times when she came close to his world and his friends.
To me it seems that she was a fan who didn`t pushed herself to his personal life, she just tried to be near him and took what came along by it self........she never had a date with him, she was just a pure fan who loved/love Elvis and in this book she is sharing all her wonderful memories.
She also tell about the sad day in August 77, when she went to see Elvis at Graceland and the day she went to his funeral.
All in all, a story about a fan who followed Elvis almost from the beginning and right till the end and I`m really glad that I was lucky enough to have this book and read it......Thanks again Daz Cav.

P.S. Also there is some nice pictures in the book, some taken by Sandi and others with Elvis and Sandi, taken by someone else.
Thank you for the review!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
elvisa

Post by elvisa »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisa wrote:Hello
She also tell about the sad day in August 77, when she went to see Elvis at Graceland and the day she went to his funeral.

Thank you for the review!
You are welcome. And thanks for making me look back on this. I can see why you was asking just when in August Sandi was visiting Graceland, so I`ve corrected and hope it`s more clear now.

Rob

Post by Rob »

I also have this book. While not essential, it is very enjoyable.

Get it if you can.

Topic author
elvisa

Post by elvisa »

A little sidestory :wink: In spring 2011 I went all the way to the opening of Graceland Randers DK, I took the book with me because Sandi was coming too and I had the opportunity to get her to sign it. But stupid me, I forgot the book at the hotel when I went to the opening so I missed it :(
But a friend told Sandi and guess what......some time later I got the nicest letter from Sandi in Memphis with a lovely card(Front has the same pic as on the book) and a personal to me signed sticker for my book. That`s just the kind of a fan she is......such a sweet lady.
I`ll never forget her for doing that for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.