Alternate cover art done by fans

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator5, Moderator3, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Elvis2000
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Elvis In Concert FTD (Cover Idea)

Post by Elvis2000 »

EIC.jpg
I think with Ernst caving and releasing more 1977 shows, it'll only be a matter of time before we get the Elvis In Concert material. I think a remix of the original compilation from scratch from the master tapes with cleaner edits and splicing and without the overdubs, and of course release both shows in full for the first time would be the best way to cover this material and would make it the definitive release.

I recreated the album cover from scratch, only changing the lettering for everything bar the title. I also used a shot from Omaha, AI upscaled, colour corrected, gamma corrected and applied some grain to mask the AI upscaling a bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Re: Elvis In Concert FTD (Cover Idea)

Post by BrianTCB »

Instead of attacking Ernst as caving, I would re-frame it in a more positive manner.

Topic author
Elvis2000
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Post by Elvis2000 »

BrianTCB wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:37 pm
Instead of attacking Ernst as caving, I would re-frame it in a more positive manner.
I didn't intend on attacking Ernst but considering he's had a very strong view on the 1977 shows and now he's suddenly open to releasing most of what they have kind of seems like he's caved.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years 6 months

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Elvis2000 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:05 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:37 pm

I didn't intend on attacking Ernst but considering he's had a very strong view on the 1977 shows and now he's suddenly open to releasing most of what they have kind of seems like he's caved.

"Caved" is a negative implication.

IIRC, we've heard very little through the years from him regarding 1977 soundboard tapes. Where is the "very strong view"?

It's been 24 years since Follow That Dream first released a soundboard -- Tucson '76 in October 2000 -- and '74-'75-'76 have dominated the live soundboard release schedule since then.

Why? Because there are so many more in the archives. Meanwhile, 1977 has seen three titles in that quarter-century.

Elvis averaged about 12 shows monthly between February and June 1977. What everyone can agree on is the standard was significantly lower than in previous years. But now something has to give in order to maintain the FTD label for a few more years.

As Plato wrote, “our need will be the real creator." And it applies here.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

vinelvis
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by vinelvis »

Elvis2000 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:39 pm
EIC.jpg

I think with Ernst caving and releasing more 1977 shows, it'll only be a matter of time before we get the Elvis In Concert material. I think a remix of the original compilation from scratch from the master tapes with cleaner edits and splicing and without the overdubs, and of course release both shows in full for the first time would be the best way to cover this material and would make it the definitive release.

I recreated the album cover from scratch, only changing the lettering for everything bar the title. I also used a shot from Omaha, AI upscaled, colour corrected, gamma corrected and applied some grain to mask the AI upscaling a bit.
Very nice cover. The large picture being the same size as the cover itself makes it a very professional and modern looking album. Good work!

jsstcb1
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by jsstcb1 »

My version:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.