Wild In The Country - Custom CD

Alternate cover art done by fans

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
CountCanada
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Wild In The Country - Custom CD

Post by CountCanada »

I just finished watching my favorite Elvis movie.
Wild In The Country demonstrated Elvis' acting abilities in such a great way. The movie has somewhat of a slow pace but it is a refreshing change from the formula movies he did for most of his acting career.
This is a great movie to watch on a rainy or snowy day.
There was no official soundtrack for this movie so I created my own custom CD. It is important to note that Elvis played guitar on some of the tracks shown on the back cover. His voice was perfect!
I hope you like the finished product.
As with all my custom CD covers, you are welcome to make your own copy by cutting and pasting it into a Microsoft Word document (landscape view). All you need to do is burn your own CD with these songs on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Troubleman
Registered for: 9 years

Re: Wild In The Country - Custom CD

Post by Troubleman »

Great design, but I would have included 'Husky, Dusky Day' in the track list.

Troubleman

colonel snow
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Re: Wild In The Country - Custom CD

Post by colonel snow »

By an internal memo dated 10 november 1961 Colonel Parker asked Jerry Wald (producer) and Philip Dunne (director) to change the title of the movie Wild in the country  into Lonely man to promote records sales. Both refused to do because the title sounded too much like a "Western movie" in that way.
Based on an audience preview the song was finally cut from the movie. The song is in the movie trailer.

The visitors of the preview got a list with questions to be mailed back.

In the original ending the movie character Irene committed suicide with success. As result of the preview (dated 27 january 1961) the ending of the movie was re-shoot early february 1961 where she survives the suicide.

colonel snow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.