vic colonna

In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: vic colonna

Post by drjohncarpenter »

JimmyCool wrote:I really want to know! :roll:
And I wanna know
Baby I wanna know right now
And-a I wanna know
And I wanna know right now yeah
And-a I wanna know
Said I wanna know yeah

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Good Time Charlie
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Post by Good Time Charlie »

I Gotta Know, Gotta Know, Gotta Know!

"You go to school, I'm going out to make a buck"

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

[quote="viccolonna@gmail.com"]although i am bound to secrecy. there is an elvis album coming out that will rock your world, folks. i'm not trying to be a tease, and it may be two or three years away. but it will get done and it will contain stuff more exciting than anything paul and i ever released. i promise. i'm waiting just like you. i have been given one song in advance, and what a treat..

When the news about this came out by Vic Colonna, I thought it would be released by the bootlegers, but now everybody is taking it as an official release by Sony :?.

I am almost sure that the material is something that was lost and has been recovered, so I think it is the February 1st 1958 lost recording for My Wish Came True (Remake) 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Sun Hero
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Sun Hero »

There always have been rumors about existing material, non existing songs etc.....I understand that. But what I don't understand is that we're waiting for years now for his book to be released.....now these rumors.
With all these bootleggers outthere (and I believe Vic still has his connections!!) it should not be too hard to release a book or a cd.....

....I get carried away very easily...emotional sonovabitch.....

Good Time Charlie

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

Good Time Charlie wrote:...
+1 :x

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

Good Time Charlie

Any more info!

Topic author
viccolonna@gmail.com
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by viccolonna@gmail.com »

Merry Christmas all you Elvis fans,

yes, i wrote the story about how paul dowling and i made those 23 bootlegs many of you have heard and enjoyed either back then or in later years as much of the material came out on cd. i'd like to think our efforts were the impetus for what was previously considered non-salable material being ultimately made available to the fans.

thanks to lots of assistance from a few friends, notably dr. john carpenter (whose vast store of minutiae tidied up a few dozen factual errors) and glen johnson, and of course paul, the story turned out rather well and those who have read it enjoyed it.

i rewrote, with a huge assist from glen, to make the story more appealing to the masses (the first draft was more fact-loaded and a casual fan might have been overwhelmed with detail) the story and have only made a half-hearted effort to get it published. hopefully it will be next year. but, i feel guilty for making everyone who looked forward to a good read and have seen two plus years go by without anything happening.

it's christmas. i hope a few of you would still like to read about those years. if you would, just send me an email (viccolonna@gmail.com) and i will send you the first draft as a word attachment.

and a happy new year to you all.

best, vic

what could have been work was fun thanks to the fans

G.I. Blues
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by G.I. Blues »

Any news regarding the spectacular album? Any new rumors? Silent hints?

Daddy has left the Wohnzimmer!
Thank You and Good Night!

Good Time Charlie

drjohncarpenter

G.I. Blues wrote:Any news regarding the spectacular album? Any new rumors? Silent hints?
It is very likely the said release has been cancelled. At least part of it was officially issued last year, though.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Good Time Charlie

drjohncarpenter wrote:
G.I. Blues wrote:Any news regarding the spectacular album? Any new rumors? Silent hints?
It is very likely the said release has been cancelled. At least part of it was officially issued last year, though.
I think I know what you are alluding to Doc. Do you know why the said material is no longer being released? It seems criminal for this not be out there for us fans.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Was it the 1956 Louisiana Hayride final show? Or the March 18, 1974 muiltrack mixdown? Any more hints?

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

Topic author
viccolonna@gmail.com
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by viccolonna@gmail.com »

Good Time Charlie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
I think I know what you are alluding to Doc. Do you know why the said material is no longer being released? It seems criminal for this not be out there for us fans.
for some reason it is tied up over some legal wrangle. probably wind up buried like the cleveland film and the vancouver show which have suffered the same fate. and wasn't there something about a local tv show down south with some furniture store sponsor that had a film of elvis doing spirituals? and, of course, the golden gate tape that we know exists. and the color, yes color, film of elvis on the hayride that is minus the mag reels that contain the sound. a bunch of those shows but a big zero unless you want to watch young elvis move his lips and hips and wonder what he's singing and what it sounds like. but we wound up getting 99% of what never would have come out had not the gatekeepers finally realized there was a market for the material.

what could have been work was fun thanks to the fans

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

viccolonna@gmail.com wrote:for some reason it is tied up over some legal wrangle. probably wind up buried like the cleveland film and the vancouver show which have suffered the same fate. and wasn't there something about a local tv show down south with some furniture store sponsor that had a film of elvis doing spirituals? and, of course, the golden gate tape that we know exists. and the color, yes color, film of elvis on the hayride that is minus the mag reels that contain the sound. a bunch of those shows but a big zero unless you want to watch young elvis move his lips and hips and wonder what he's singing and what it sounds like. but we wound up getting 99% of what never would have come out had not the gatekeepers finally realized there was a market for the material.
They can always add matching (studio or live) sound to the known songs... :(

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

G.I. Blues
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by G.I. Blues »

viccolonna@gmail.com wrote:
Good Time Charlie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
for some reason it is tied up over some legal wrangle. probably wind up buried like the cleveland film and the vancouver show which have suffered the same fate. and wasn't there something about a local tv show down south with some furniture store sponsor that had a film of elvis doing spirituals? and, of course, the golden gate tape that we know exists. and the color, yes color, film of elvis on the hayride that is minus the mag reels that contain the sound. a bunch of those shows but a big zero unless you want to watch young elvis move his lips and hips and wonder what he's singing and what it sounds like. but we wound up getting 99% of what never would have come out had not the gatekeepers finally realized there was a market for the material.
We are in for more! Feed the poor and let us know (please)! :P

Daddy has left the Wohnzimmer!
Thank You and Good Night!

Deke Rivers II
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by Deke Rivers II »

It is such a shame that it and other Elvis Treasures cannot escape and find their ways to all of Elvis' dedicated fans. Surely, someone could aide in providing freedom for these long kept prisoners.

I would graciously except many of Elvis Treasures as gifts to be shared among the dedicated fans such as many of us here are in the form of a unlabeled CDR in a plain brown wrapper until it could see the light of day Officially or Unofficially. I know some here are very good about keeping rarities within a trustworthy group of fans. I could and would keep the secret things secret. Vic has been very fortunate in hearing the one song sample. That would be a good starting point for myself, LOL, seriously.

Deke Rivers II
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by Deke Rivers II »

It duplicated my post.

drjohncarpenter

Deke Rivers II wrote:It is such a shame that it and other Elvis Treasures cannot escape and find their ways to all of Elvis' dedicated fans. Surely, someone could aide in providing freedom for these long kept prisoners.

I would graciously except many of Elvis Treasures as gifts to be shared among the dedicated fans such as many of us here are in the form of a unlabeled CDR in a plain brown wrapper until it could see the light of day Officially or Unofficially. I know some here are very good about keeping rarities within a trustworthy group of fans. I could and would keep the secret things secret. Vic has been very fortunate in hearing the one song sample. That would be a good starting point for myself, LOL, seriously.
Where are the "Elvis Outtakes Freedom Fighters"?

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by Renan »

Since a topic has been created stating that a release will come to public (which will make your hair stand up), I think new fans on this MB might like to read the entire topic and those with more time here, read and enjoy it again.

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

Christopher Brown
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Christopher Brown »

So, where is this release that will make my hair stand up on end?

And, is "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" the ONLY item on this box that hasn't otherwise come out on CD? I'm going through all my concert cassettes (350 or so) and keeping some, but tossing (selling) the rest, and many boot cassettes I traded for / bought over the years, and I want to make sure I transfer to CD anything that might still be unavailable otherwise.

Christopher Brown

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by BrianTCB »

Annnnnnnnnd this one's surfacing again.

Is it Feelings? Another 1976 recording session after October (or one in 1977) that we know nothing about?