Interview With Sandi Miller

In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Little Darlin
Registered for: 17 years
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Post by Little Darlin »

Are you as suprised as me Sandi that it's be left well alone?

Although an all out war about Politics wasn't wished for, I was hoping people would have been more vocal about how intelligent Elvis actually was.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

DutchLA
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by DutchLA »

Little Darlin wrote:Are you as suprised as me Sandi that it's be left well alone?

Although an all out war about Politics wasn't wished for, I was hoping people would have been more vocal about how intelligent Elvis actually was.
**Political discussions on public boards never seem to do well - have gotten some interesting pm's though. Can think of plenty of other coversations over the years that showed Elvis' varied interests though - some of which I've already mentioned and some off the wall topics that cropped up like how is it that during the Roman Empire they had beautiful housing, running water, etc. and then fast forward to those poor pioneers - dirt floors, etc. That was a strange evening! :)

elvisjock
Registered for: 20 years 3 months

Post by elvisjock »

Sandi, we've heard that Elvis had an interest in the JFK assassination. What, if anything, did he talk about? What were his theories?

I know that he spent a bit of time in Dallas, especially when the Lisa Marie was being customized. Did he ever quietly visit Dealey Plaza?

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

DutchLA wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:Are you as suprised as me Sandi that it's be left well alone?

**Political discussions on public boards never seem to do well - have gotten some interesting pm's though. Can think of plenty of other coversations over the years that showed Elvis' varied interests though - some of which I've already mentioned and some off the wall topics that cropped up like how is it that during the Roman Empire they had beautiful housing, running water, etc. and then fast forward to those poor pioneers - dirt floors, etc. That was a strange evening! :)
Sounds fascinating........I think :lol:

Are you allowed to say anymore about that evening????

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Topic author
Sergio Luiz
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Sergio Luiz »

N880EP wrote: Great thread, Sandi!

Very nice interview, Sergio. My thanks, as well.
You´re welcome N8. Im glad you had a pleasant reading. :smt006

javilu

Post by javilu »

After following this topic which needless to say is a fascinating read I'd like to ask Sandi a question no one asked yet...or at least I think no one did.
Did Elvis ever speak about The Beatles? Did he share his thoughts on them or their music?

Thanks!

“Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.”

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

javilu wrote:After following this topic which needless to say is a fascinating read I'd like to ask Sandi a question no one asked yet...or at least I think no one did.
Did Elvis ever speak about The Beatles? Did he share his thoughts on them or their music ?
He did mention them to Richard Nixon......... but he had an ulterior motive !

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

Obviously he liked their music enough to record it!

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

DutchLA

Post by DutchLA »

elvisjock wrote:Sandi, we've heard that Elvis had an interest in the JFK assassination. What, if anything, did he talk about? What were his theories?

I know that he spent a bit of time in Dallas, especially when the Lisa Marie was being customized. Did he ever quietly visit Dealey Plaza?
**I'm not aware of him ever visiting Dealey Plaza ... alot of times he went places and did things that of course I wasn't aware of but then I'd hear him talking about it later but never heard him say anything about Dealey (of course that doesn't mean anything...I'm sure there's ALOT i have no clue about!!) However JFK's assassination - yes he talked about it which didn't help his phobia about being gunned down in public. I don't recall anything specific that he said-just that the subject did crop up now and then.

DutchLA

Post by DutchLA »

javilu wrote:After following this topic which needless to say is a fascinating read I'd like to ask Sandi a question no one asked yet...or at least I think no one did.
Did Elvis ever speak about The Beatles? Did he share his thoughts on them or their music?

Thanks!
**He made his comments - usually jokingly (I think) but more telling I think is that he played their records. I think at the time I would have preferred he played his own records but he never did.

DutchLA

Post by DutchLA »

TJ@Ilikai.jpg
Came across my bunch of TJ photos while looking for something else (of course this doesn't even compare with what you posted) This shot was taken at the Ilikai Hotel in Hawaii

Little Darlin wrote:
DutchLA wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:Rolled up socks :smt005

I don't think Tom ever needed rolled up socks.

Trust LD ....she knows.
LOL - now I have to go and try to find those photos I took of Tom in Hawaii in his speedos!

Sandi!!! LOOK at this :shock:

I need a lie down now

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

javilu

Post by javilu »

DutchLA wrote:

Thanks!
**He made his comments - usually jokingly (I think) but more telling I think is that he played their records. I think at the time I would have preferred he played his own records but he never did.
Thanks Sandi!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

“Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.”

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

wowsa :oops: :lol:

That's beautiful -- THANK YOU!! ( Guess what I'm gonna rename it???? :lol: )
TJ@Ilikai.jpg
Tickets go on sale for Tom tomorrow -- he's touring over here in October -- wish you were coming, we'd have a hoot, although I bet nothing tops seeing him in Vegas!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DutchLA

Post by DutchLA »

Little Darlin wrote:wowsa :oops: :lol:

That's beautiful -- THANK YOU!! ( Guess what I'm gonna rename it???? :lol: )
TJ@Ilikai.jpg
Tickets go on sale for Tom tomorrow -- he's touring over here in October -- wish you were coming, we'd have a hoot, although I bet nothing tops seeing him in Vegas!
**I'm guess you'd rename it something x-rated. I have others taken at various places in LA - email me and I'll send em to ya!

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

Just stumbled upon this photo of Tom Jones and friend. I do not know who originally posted it and where or when. Don't know if it has been posted here either. I just post the link to please LD.

http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6showingmovesonstage.jpg

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Luuk wrote:Just stumbled upon this photo of Tom Jones and friend. I do not know who originally posted it and where or when. Don't know if it has been posted here either. I just post the link to please LD.

http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6showingmovesonstage.jpg
That's very sweet of you Luuk, thank you very much.

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

DutchLA wrote:
**I'm guess you'd rename it something x-rated. I have others taken at various places in LA - email me and I'll send em to ya!
Got my front row seat :D

I'm going to print some of these pics and see if I can give them to Tom!

Dan The Man
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Post by Dan The Man »

Hi Sandie!!!
Just seemed to be learning about you, what a person you are. As a Dane I'm sorry to not be able to attend your pressence at the Randers meeting. BTW you seem to be such a nice person and it seems to me that you're a reason to why Elvis keept his feet on the ground. All the Best And I'll hope to meet you. Best Regards Dan Frederiksen.

If it ain't rock'n'roll... I don't want it!!!

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

Dan The Man wrote:Hi Sandie!!!
BTW you seem to be such a nice person and it seems to me that you're a reason to why Elvis keept his feet on the ground. All the Best And I'll hope to meet you. Best Regards Dan Frederiksen.
::rocks

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Why hasn't Sandi gotten a section on FECC yet?

I'd rather see a new section than an ever-growing sticky at the top of the main page.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Mood:

Post by fecc-mechanic »

That's a very good idea. Would be nice to have an area where members could post topics with questions for Sandi to answer.

Question for all: Should this proposed section be created as a subsection of All Elvis (like the premium section up top)? Or in a section all of its own..

And secondly, and most important - is this ok with you Sandi?

All the best from Mempihs
Jordan

ImageImage

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt

Make sure to visit my friends at the EAP society! It's a movement! For all generations of fans! And it's worth supporting!!!

Monique
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by Monique »

I think a whole new section would be nice.

Always Elvis on my mind

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

Why no section with people who met Elvis plus people who are somehow important to the Elvis fan world by releasing informative books and DVD's?

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Personally I think the sticky should stay as it is, because as Sergio has already pointed out in this thread, his site is having a Sandi's Corner and I think it should remain their exclusive, after all he was kind enough to share the Interview with us. I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy having a full section dedicated to Sandi, I'm just saying we have to play fair :D

Topic author
Sergio Luiz

Post by Sergio Luiz »

Thank you LD for your concern :smt023
I talked to Sandi about this very same idea I think about two month ago. But I understand she is very buzzy lately so thats why she couldnt write anything for my website yet. From my part there´s no problem if a Sandi section is created at FECC´s. If thats Ok with Sandi, no hurt feelings at all :D

All the best
Sergio