Sandi: Did Elvis "help" around the house?

In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

DutchLA
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Re: Sandi: Did Elvis "help" around the house?

Post by DutchLA »

riley wrote:thanks Sandi.

I guess Linda liked to cook. I saw her in the book of her friend also in the Graceland kitchen.

Yes I guess Cilla did some domestic work too..
What did she occupy her time with most of the day?????It would be neat to know what it really was to be Mrs Elvis Presley ....
**Cilla's schedule is not one I would have wanted for more than a week or two but basically it consisted of a lot of shopping with Joanie (Joe's wife at the time) she took ballet lessons, took French lessons, had her hair done, nails done, more shopping - then she got into karate - stuff like that. She also was working with some horse ranch at the time about an hour or two from L.A. but I don't know much about that- what she did etc. We were more interested in what Elvis was doing.

DutchLA

Post by DutchLA »

Luuk wrote:

I guess Linda liked to cook. I saw her in the book of her friend also in the Graceland kitchen.

Yes I guess Cilla did some domestic work too..
What did she occupy her time with most of the day?????It would be neat to know what it really was to be Mrs Elvis Presley ....
Being Mrs. Presley is not as good as fantasize about being Mrs. Presley.
She most probably entertained Elvis' live-in friends and their drop-by girlfriends.
After realizing Elvis would not change, she divorced him.
**They had help to take care of of the live in friends and their friends and the drop by girlfriends mostly dropped by in Palm Springs and Cilla was not there-and if she was, they were not. ;)

riley
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by riley »

thanks Sandi.

Wow her life sounds real empty. There could have been more to do for her then just shopping, and grooming her self and taking "lessons".
Now i realise why she will never write a book about her daily life as Mrs Presley.

How can a girl be that shallow??????

Do you think , Sandi, that Elvis wanted her to have that kind of lifestyle or was it also something he just looked at with total amazement or even dissapprovement???

I remember in Elvis and Me that she said to him in Vegas what do you want me to do????

You want me to cook????? You even press a button to get a glass of water??????

That is somethinbg that keeps intriguing me a bit.

Did that girl wanted "that kind of lifestyle" or was he the one not wanting her to do a little bit more then just be beautiful, and shop and do ballet.

Then considering she had a little girl too. She should have been on cloud 9 and be "at least" a good mom to her....She had the time, the money

With the kind of lifestyle that girl was leading (a very empty and frankly boring one) it does not surprise me that the lessons became very quickly more then once romantic rendez vouz.....

I hope LIsa nowadays lives a more meaningfull life then her mom used to do, but having Cilla as a ma and having her as example i doubt it strongly.

It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

Wow her life sounds real empty. There could have been more to do for her then just shopping, and grooming her self and taking "lessons".
Now i realise why she will never write a book about her daily life as Mrs Presley.

How can a girl be that shallow??????
You obviously have never seen that "90210" series!
Or read about Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie and more of that type of rich people who do nothing in life really.

riley
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by riley »

yes i saw series like that but not often. I guess people like me, can't even imagine that lives as such really exist . I work 9 to 5 , i have a household, two kids, lots of animals and a husband who is often away long hours for work too. For me a day is often too short to combine everything.

Why do they never make series about common lifes??????? LOL

It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic

DutchLA

Post by DutchLA »

riley wrote:yes i saw series like that but not often. I guess people like me, can't even imagine that lives as such really exist . I work 9 to 5 , i have a household, two kids, lots of animals and a husband who is often away long hours for work too. For me a day is often too short to combine everything.

Why do they never make series about common lifes??????? LOL

Because we are *living* the common lives so who wants a re-run of that on tv once the day is done. I just want to be entertained or informed...
Oh wait - would John and Kate be about common lives/ Naw, guess not.

yaso
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by yaso »

is Sandi Miller the same person Sandi Pichon on twitter??!

Mountain Misst

Post by Mountain Misst »

yaso wrote:is Sandi Miller the same person Sandi Pichon on twitter??!

Hi Yaso,

No, they are different people.

yaso
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by yaso »

Mountain Misst wrote:
yaso wrote:is Sandi Miller the same person Sandi Pichon on twitter??!

Hi Yaso,

No, they are different people.
Thanks a lot