Sandi : Elvis and erm....Cleanliness!

In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Alan_K
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Re: Sandi : Elvis and erm....Cleanliness!

Post by Alan_K »

References to Elvis' personal hygene also came from DJ Fontana who when recalling being on the road touring with Elvis in the 50's described Elvis as "Semi-dirty"

15562days.com - A chronological profile of the most influential artist of the latter half of the 20th century, Elvis Presley.

lovin' EP
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by lovin' EP »

Alan_K wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:04 pm
References to Elvis' personal hygene also came from DJ Fontana who when recalling being on the road touring with Elvis in the 50's described Elvis as "Semi-dirty"
You guys. If you are an Elvis fan, why would you post this kind of stuff? Just asking.

Elvisly,

Linda

Thank you Elvis for all the joy you brought (and continue to bring) to my life

Alan_K
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by Alan_K »

lovin' EP wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:55 pm
Alan_K wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:04 pm
You guys. If you are an Elvis fan, why would you post this kind of stuff? Just asking.

Elvisly,

Linda
Because as fans we like the truth, good, bad or indifferent.
There are differing types of fan, I guess, so to say, "If you are an Elvis fan..." is very vague.
There are some fans who just like the music are only into he music and nothing else.
There are fans who like his music AND some iof his films.
There are fans that like the live stuff, there are fans that love collecting there are fans....well, you get my drift.

But the fans that like data, stats, and accuracy for the record maybe interested in the more obscure facets of Elvis personal life as well as his professional life.

It's the best way I could think of of trying to come up with an answer to your question.

If DJ fontana publically said that about Elvis, why are you questioning us as "fans"?
Surely you should be asking why DJ would say it, not why we would casually repeat what he has already said.

15562days.com - A chronological profile of the most influential artist of the latter half of the 20th century, Elvis Presley.

Rob
GodFather of FECC
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by Rob »

lovin' EP wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:55 pm
Linda, some "fans" are...well...different.

Let's just leave it at that.

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

arnaudbxl
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
Mood:

Post by arnaudbxl »

I never believed that. First, as some rightfully underlined, the sources at, at the minimum, dubious. They all express bitterness, maybe for some right reasons, but no matter how you look at it... They all took the money as much as they could, enjoyed the privileged life, professionnal opportunities, and spit on his grave to put it simple. Lacker, West, Fike, the Stanley's, Hebler, Nichopoulos are amongst the worst in my eyes.
Esposito, Schilling, Geller, Sumner, the Sweets, Westmoreland, Hodge, Thompson, Strada... far from being perfect, they never did that kind of thing.

I really like the member here who underlined how those traitors looked at the time. I'll take 1000 Elvis hygiene standards against each of their's. Hair, beard, belly, skin, I don't see them in a position to give lessons at all.

And seriously? How in the world did Elvis succeed having scores of women throwing themselves at him if he wasn't attractive in a personal situation? Linda, Pris, Sheila, Diane, Ginger, those ladies looked fabulous and I don't buy them falling for a guy that wasn't seuctive in every way.