vic colonna story book

In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
viccolonna@gmail.com
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

vic colonna story book

Post by viccolonna@gmail.com »

Merry Christmas all you Elvis fans,

yes, i wrote the story about how paul dowling and i made those 23 bootlegs many of you have heard and enjoyed either back then or in later years as much of the material came out on cd. i'd like to think our efforts were the impetus for what was previously considered non-salable material being ultimately made available to the fans.

thanks to lots of assistance from a few friends, notably dr. john carpenter (whose vast store of minutiae tidied up a few dozen factual errors) and glen johnson, and of course paul, the story turned out rather well and those who have read it enjoyed it.

i rewrote, with a huge assist from glen, to make the story more appealing to the masses (the first draft was more fact-loaded and a casual fan might have been overwhelmed with detail) the story and have only made a half-hearted effort to get it published. hopefully it will be next year. but, i feel guilty for making everyone who looked forward to a good read and have seen two plus years go by without anything happening.

it's christmas. i hope a few of you would still like to read about those years. if you would, just send me an email (viccolonna@gmail.com) and i will send you the first draft as a word attachment.

and a happy new year to you all.

IN A POST BELOW I PUT IN A REQUEST FOR SOME MUSIC. THAT HAS BEEN TAKEN CARE OF THANKS TO TODAY'S TECHNOLOGY, A GOOD FAN WHO HAS JUST WHAT I WANTED, AND CHRISTMAS KINDNESS. NOT THAT LONG AGO (A FEW YEARS WHICH IS EONS IN THE COMPUTER WORLD) YOU COULDN'T EVEN ATTACH A SONG TO AN EMAIL. AND IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER.

best, vic
Last edited by viccolonna@gmail.com on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

what could have been work was fun thanks to the fans

George Smith
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Re: vic colonna story book

Post by George Smith »

Thank you, Vic - Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2012 to you too.

WALK A LONELY STREET
Elvis Presley, Country Music &
The True Story of Heartbreak Hotel

Now available from Amazon

http://www.GeorgeSmithPublications.com
https://www.facebook.com/WalkALonelyStreet/

Topic author
viccolonna@gmail.com
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: vic colonna story book

Post by viccolonna@gmail.com »

just sent off emails to the first six of you to reply. hope there are lots more. if anyone out there wants to send me an email with attached sound files of elvis songs from ftd releases i sure wouldn't mind. i had them all transferred to dvd, along with thousands of other albums, including, of course, all the elvis albums, and a fellow i trusted to copy whatever music he wanted for himself figured it was easier to just leave town with all my music and move across country. so, until i get to boston and pay him a visit, and learn him some manners, i find myself wishing for lots of music i had at my fingertips. i believe one can send a song nowadays. at least it is easy with a mac. appreciate any and all and will keep fulfilling requests as fast as they come in.

happy new year

what could have been work was fun thanks to the fans