"I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms" (by Kay Wheeler)

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator5, Moderator3, Site Mechanic

User avatar

Topic author
The fool
Posts: 3196
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Location: Finland
Has thanked: 503 times
Been thanked: 2664 times

"I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms" (by Kay Wheeler)

Post by The fool »

"I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms"
by Kay Wheeler
Modern Screen, October 1956
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar

Topic author
The fool
Posts: 3196
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Location: Finland
Has thanked: 503 times
Been thanked: 2664 times

Re: "I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms" (by Kay Wheel

Post by The fool »

And the last page...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar

Topic author
The fool
Posts: 3196
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Location: Finland
Has thanked: 503 times
Been thanked: 2664 times

Re: "I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms" (by Kay Wheel

Post by The fool »

I also found this in this magazine, from Louella Parsons in Hollywood gossip extra.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mister Moon

Re: "I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms" (by Kay Wheel

Post by Mister Moon »

Many thanks, The fool.

Priceless stuff, as always ! :smt006

By the way, I'm sure you knew that, but the photo showing Elvis and Kay was reversed. Here's the correct view :
IMG2_0002.jpg

mysterytrainrideson
Banned
Banned
Posts: 4738
Registered for: 8 years 9 months
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 1055 times

Re: "I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms" (by Kay Wheel

Post by mysterytrainrideson »

Mister Moon wrote:Many thanks, The fool.

Priceless stuff, as always ! :smt006

By the way, I'm sure you knew that, but the photo showing Elvis and Kay was reversed. Here's the correct view :
IMG2_0002.jpg
Kay Wheeler was also in the low-budget R'n'R movie "Rock Baby Rock it". This movie waz a "quick" put together job to cash-in on the R'n'R craze, it starred some very obscure artists, Rockabilly singer Johnny Carroll was one of them. Incidently Kay Wheeler dances (Elvis style gyrations) to an instrumental Johnny Carroll track called "Hot Rock". The acting in the movie is absolutely diabolical, but the music's great.

Thanks for posting, The Fool.
This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

Mister Moon

Re: "I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms" (by Kay Wheel

Post by Mister Moon »

mysterytrainrideson wrote: Kay Wheeler was also in the low-budget R'n'R movie "Rock Baby Rock it". This movie waz a "quick" put together job to cash-in on the R'n'R craze, it starred some very obscure artists, Rockabilly singer Johnny Carroll was one of them. Incidently Kay Wheeler dances (Elvis style gyrations) to an instrumental Johnny Carroll track called "Hot Rock". The acting in the movie is absolutely diabolical, but the music's great.
I haven't seen this movie for ages - I used to have it in Betamax format.

It's a blast to see Kay dancing to Johnny Carroll's music, and it's a great opportunity to see Sun artist Rosco Gordon, complete with Butch, the chicken, on top of his piano.
Rosco Butch Sam.jpg

mysterytrainrideson
Banned
Banned
Posts: 4738
Registered for: 8 years 9 months
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 1055 times

Re: "I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms" (by Kay Wheel

Post by mysterytrainrideson »

Mister Moon wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote: Kay Wheeler was also in the low-budget R'n'R movie "Rock Baby Rock it". This movie waz a "quick" put together job to cash-in on the R'n'R craze, it starred some very obscure artists, Rockabilly singer Johnny Carroll was one of them. Incidently Kay Wheeler dances (Elvis style gyrations) to an instrumental Johnny Carroll track called "Hot Rock". The acting in the movie is absolutely diabolical, but the music's great.
I haven't seen this movie for ages - I used to have it in Betamax format.

It's a blast to see Kay dancing to Johnny Carroll's music, and it's a great opportunity to see Sun artist Rosco Gordon, complete with Butch, the chicken, on top of his piano.
Rosco Butch Sam.jpg
I's been many years since i've seen this movie too. I used to have a very poor copy of it on video cassette myself.

The other acts in the film are: The Belew Twins, Cell Block Seven (they supply the instrumental track "Hot Rock" that Kay dances to), Preacher Smith & The Deacons, The 5 Stars and Don Coates & Bon Aires.
This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

Mister Moon

Re: "I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms" (by Kay Wheel

Post by Mister Moon »

Here's Linda and Kay Wheeler posing with Elvis' car in 1956 :
Linda Kay.jpg

mysterytrainrideson
Banned
Banned
Posts: 4738
Registered for: 8 years 9 months
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 1055 times

Re: "I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms" (by Kay Wheel

Post by mysterytrainrideson »

Cool photo!!
This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.
User avatar

bripet56
Posts: 4474
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: "I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms" (by Kay Wheel

Post by bripet56 »

Mister Moon wrote:Here's Linda and Kay Wheeler posing with Elvis' car in 1956 :
Linda Kay.jpg
This is NOT Elvis´ car.
This one was registered in Davidson county (Nashville, state capital) while Elvis´ cars were registered in Shelby county.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
When I was a child I was a dreamer,
I read comic books and I was the hero of the comic book
And I saw movies and I was the hero in the movie
So every dream I´ve ever dreamed has come true a hundred times.

Mister Moon

Re: "I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms" (by Kay Wheel

Post by Mister Moon »

bripet56 wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:Here's Linda and Kay Wheeler posing with Elvis' car in 1956 :
Linda Kay.jpg
This is NOT Elvis´ car.
This one was registered in Davidson county (Nashville, state capital) while Elvis´ cars were registered in Shelby county.
As you can see, I'm not an expert on Elvis' cars, or cars in general.

I found the photo somewhere and it was captioned as being Elvis' car, which made sense as Kay and Linda were fans, and there are some photos showing Kay with Elvis, that could have been taken the same day.

It's a cool photo, though !

Thanks for the information.
User avatar

bripet56
Posts: 4474
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: "I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms" (by Kay Wheel

Post by bripet56 »

Mister Moon wrote:
bripet56 wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:Here's Linda and Kay Wheeler posing with Elvis' car in 1956 :
Linda Kay.jpg
This is NOT Elvis´ car.
This one was registered in Davidson county (Nashville, state capital) while Elvis´ cars were registered in Shelby county.
As you can see, I'm not an expert on Elvis' cars, or cars in general.

I found the photo somewhere and it was captioned as being Elvis' car, which made sense as Kay and Linda were fans, and there are some photos showing Kay with Elvis, that could have been taken the same day.

It's a cool photo, though !

No problem at all Mister Moon. Even Kay Wheeler thought it was Elvis´ car ;)

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Thanks for the information.
When I was a child I was a dreamer,
I read comic books and I was the hero of the comic book
And I saw movies and I was the hero in the movie
So every dream I´ve ever dreamed has come true a hundred times.

Mister Moon

Re: "I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms" (by Kay Wheel

Post by Mister Moon »

bripet56 wrote: No problem at all Mister Moon. Even Kay Wheeler thought it was Elvis´ car ;)
That was funny ! :)
User avatar

drjohncarpenter
Posts: 98960
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 10457 times
Been thanked: 24294 times
Age: 86

Re: "I flipped when Elvis held me in his arms" (by Kay Wheel

Post by drjohncarpenter »

bripet56 wrote:
Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:43 am
Mister Moon wrote:Here's Linda and Kay Wheeler posing with Elvis' car in 1956 :
560420_Linda and Kay Wheeler_Fort Worth TX.jpg

This is NOT Elvis´ car.
This one was registered in Davidson county (Nashville, state capital) while Elvis´ cars were registered in Shelby county.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk





It may have belonged to Hank Locklin, Wanda Jackson or Rudy Grayzell, also on the show that evening.


560420_with Linda and Kay Wheeler_Fort Worth TX.jpg
With Linda and Kay Wheeler in Fort Worth, TX - Friday, April 20, 1956
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!