Where Are Scotty & Bill ?

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator5, Moderator3, Site Mechanic

User avatar

Topic author
Domino
Posts: 3616
Registered for: 5 years 2 months
Has thanked: 1723 times
Been thanked: 1346 times

Where Are Scotty & Bill ?

Post by Domino »

Country Song Roundup-July 1960.
country song round-up.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
8) "Well sir,to be honest with you,we just stumbled upon it." - 1954
Image
ImageImage
User avatar

George Smith
Posts: 3508
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Location: Down at the end of Lonely Street
Been thanked: 1743 times

Re: Where Are Scotty & Bill ?

Post by George Smith »

Thanks for posting this.

I've read it through a couple of times and I'm quite sure this was penned by Mae Boren Axton.

No proof, just a hunch.

WALK A LONELY STREET
Elvis Presley, Country Music &
The True Story of Heartbreak Hotel

Now available from Amazon

http://www.GeorgeSmithPublications.com
https://www.facebook.com/WalkALonelyStreet/
User avatar

drjohncarpenter
Posts: 98960
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 10457 times
Been thanked: 24294 times
Age: 86

Re: Where Are Scotty & Bill ?

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Domino wrote:Country Song Roundup-July 1960.

Image
George Smith wrote:Thanks for posting this.

I've read it through a couple of times and I'm quite sure this was penned by Mae Boren Axton.

No proof, just a hunch.
I'll take that bet.

Kind of a fascinating little article. I wonder if Elvis or management ever saw it?
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Mister Moon

Re: Where Are Scotty & Bill ?

Post by Mister Moon »

Domino wrote:Country Song Roundup-July 1960.
country song round-up.jpg
Just great. Thank you !
User avatar

Topic author
Domino
Posts: 3616
Registered for: 5 years 2 months
Has thanked: 1723 times
Been thanked: 1346 times

Re: Where Are Scotty & Bill ?

Post by Domino »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Domino wrote:Country Song Roundup-July 1960.

Image
George Smith wrote:Thanks for posting this.

I've read it through a couple of times and I'm quite sure this was penned by Mae Boren Axton.

No proof, just a hunch.
I'll take that bet.

Kind of a fascinating little article. I wonder if Elvis or management ever saw it?
I guess it's possible.Don't know how well Elvis and The Colonel kept up to date on their reading.I know I've seen lot's of pics of Elvis reading various music and movie mags.
8) "Well sir,to be honest with you,we just stumbled upon it." - 1954
Image
ImageImage