Haven't seen this before, 1955

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic


User avatar

Topic author
MikeFromHolland
Posts: 7583
Registered for: 12 years
Has thanked: 2479 times
Been thanked: 6844 times

Haven't seen this before, 1955

Post by MikeFromHolland »

.

I guess it's made in October but might be wrong. No date was given:
1955 10 00.jpg

Didn't check ABFT to see if it's in there.


Source: https://www.facebook.com/lanette.owens.1?fref=photo

.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

.

User avatar

drjohncarpenter
Posts: 107380
Registered for: 21 years
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 11772 times
Been thanked: 34181 times
Age: 89

Re: Haven't seen this before, 1955

Post by drjohncarpenter »

MikeFromHolland wrote:I guess it's made in October but might be wrong. No date was given:

Image



Didn't check ABFT to see if it's in there.


Source: https://www.facebook.com/lanette.owens.1?fref=photo
It looks like September-October 1955. Hello, "Tony Curtis"!

The link does not go to the photo, does the FB page have any more information?

Here's a better-oriented version of the photo:
550903_w fans_Dallas.JPG
Thanks for the find!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.


.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

User avatar

Topic author
MikeFromHolland
Posts: 7583
Registered for: 12 years
Has thanked: 2479 times
Been thanked: 6844 times

Re: Haven't seen this before, 1955

Post by MikeFromHolland »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
It looks like September-October 1955. Hello, "Tony Curtis"!

The link does not go to the photo, does the FB page have any more information?

Here's a better-oriented version of the photo:
551000_w fans.jpg
Thanks for the find!

Thanks! I also thought October, his hairstyle looks a bit like we see on the October 20, 1955 pics.

There was no extra info given with the photo. I was just browsing her albums when I found and saved it....

.


Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

.

User avatar

drjohncarpenter
Posts: 107380
Registered for: 21 years
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 11772 times
Been thanked: 34181 times
Age: 89

Re: Haven't seen this before, 1955

Post by drjohncarpenter »

MikeFromHolland wrote:Thanks! I also thought October, his hairstyle looks a bit like we see on the October 20, 1955 pics.

There was no extra info given with the photo. I was just browsing her albums when I found and saved it....
Yup. He has a perm, to make his hair more curly, like movie actor Tony Curtis.


.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

User avatar

Topic author
MikeFromHolland
Posts: 7583
Registered for: 12 years
Has thanked: 2479 times
Been thanked: 6844 times

Re: Haven't seen this before, 1955

Post by MikeFromHolland »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:Thanks! I also thought October, his hairstyle looks a bit like we see on the October 20, 1955 pics.

There was no extra info given with the photo. I was just browsing her albums when I found and saved it....
Yup. He has a perm, to make his hair more curly, like movie actor Tony Curtis.
Indeed:

Image
Source: http://www.doctormacro.com/movie%20star%20pages/Curtis,%20Tony-Annex.htm

This same site has some beautiful (well known) HQ pics of Elvis as well:
http://www.doctormacro.com/Movie%20Star%20Pages/Presley,%20Elvis-Annex.htm

.


Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

.


Mississippi
Posts: 1183
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Has thanked: 834 times
Been thanked: 367 times

Re: Haven't seen this before, 1955

Post by Mississippi »

I think, the following date is a better one:
September 3, 1955 "Big D Jamboree", Sportatorium, Dallas, Texas

Mississippi



User avatar

Topic author
MikeFromHolland
Posts: 7583
Registered for: 12 years
Has thanked: 2479 times
Been thanked: 6844 times

Re: Haven't seen this before, 1955

Post by MikeFromHolland »

Mississippi wrote:I think, the following date is a better one:
September 3, 1955 "Big D Jamboree", Sportatorium, Dallas, Texas

Mississippi

It looks like we have a match:

Image
Elvis backstage in Dallas Texas, September 3, 1955

Source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/521925044291107942/


Thank you Mississippi!

.


Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

.

User avatar

drjohncarpenter
Posts: 107380
Registered for: 21 years
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 11772 times
Been thanked: 34181 times
Age: 89

Re: Haven't seen this before, 1955

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Mississippi wrote:I think, the following date is a better one:
September 3, 1955 "Big D Jamboree", Sportatorium, Dallas, Texas

Mississippi
Thanks, I've updated my photo name and also confirmed it does not appear in FTD's A Boy From Tupelo for 9-03-1955.


Image


.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

User avatar

Rock Legend
Suspended for one week
Suspended for one week
Posts: 1597
Registered for: 20 years 11 months
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 718 times

Re: Haven't seen this before, 1955

Post by Rock Legend »

What a great photo. Thanks for posting!



User avatar

ed40
Posts: 1447
Registered for: 16 years 5 months
Location: The Netherlands
Has thanked: 3303 times
Been thanked: 652 times
Age: 56

Re: Haven't seen this before, 1955

Post by ed40 »

Great topic ! Very nice find .....

Ed

::rocks



User avatar

Topic author
MikeFromHolland
Posts: 7583
Registered for: 12 years
Has thanked: 2479 times
Been thanked: 6844 times

Re: Haven't seen this before, 1955

Post by MikeFromHolland »

.
Thanks!
.


Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

.