Account banned in error?

This section is to discuss forum related matters. Per guidelines, disciplinary actions taken against member(s) past and present will not be discussed.
We understand some discussion may become heated, but all we ask is that you remain civil at all times. This forum is meant to give you, the member, an outlet to discuss how we can improve the forum in many different ways. Therefore, it is to be used to come up with solutions - not cause more problems!

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator5, Moderator3, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Wonderwall
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Account banned in error?

Post by Wonderwall »

Hi. I’m not asking for any discussion about this, I know that’s not allowed, I’m just hoping that someone will look into this please.

My friend, who has the screen name Garfield, can’t log on. He’s been banned, apparently, for breaking rules 3, 5 and 7. So I sent him a message (to see what happens), and he’s had an email to tell him that the message is waiting for him - but he can’t log in to read it.

The thing is, he hasn’t even posted for a month. His last post, like most of his other posts, was to inform everyone that the latest issue of TMAHM was out. And that’s it.

So like I say, this isn’t a request for info. This is to bring it to your attention, and you can then look at it and see if an error has been made.

That’s it, I’ve done what I’ve been asked to do. Thanks.

Moderator3
Forum Moderator
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Mood:

Re: Account banned in error?

Post by Moderator3 »

Thank you @Wonderwall for the report.
It would appear this was an exceedingly rare, transient error. Mr. Garfield was not banned. We show he accessed it this morning.
If he still is having this error, please have him privately provide his IP address to either myself at:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
or to our resident nerd @fecc-mechanic at:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and if it isn't already, we hope to resolve it soon.

Greets,
D.W.