Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

This section is to discuss forum related matters. Per guidelines, disciplinary actions taken against member(s) past and present will not be discussed.
We understand some discussion may become heated, but all we ask is that you remain civil at all times. This forum is meant to give you, the member, an outlet to discuss how we can improve the forum in many different ways. Therefore, it is to be used to come up with solutions - not cause more problems!

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator5, Moderator3, Site Mechanic


Topic author
Hard Rocker

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by Hard Rocker »

midnightx on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:39 pm wrote: I do not have it both ways.
No, but you're trying your damnest! NEWSFLASH: it aint working.
midnightx on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:39 pm wrote: Can any of you guys let it go? You have made your position on Jarvis very clear. Do you need to derail this thread as well?
Oh the irony.

You need to go away son and take a long hard look in the mirror. 800+ Jarvis posts from you and counting. "Can't you let it go" he pleads. And that's before we examine the never-ending My Boy borefest. Dear oh dear oh dear.


User avatar

FECC-Moderator
Posts: 57
Joined: 5 years 8 months
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 172 times
Age: 88

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by FECC-Moderator »

I'm back again.. I just took care of the reported posts, now i'll start on the topics.. this will take some time however, as these need to be done & removed one by one.


User avatar

FECC-Moderator
Posts: 57
Joined: 5 years 8 months
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 172 times
Age: 88

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by FECC-Moderator »

Everything should be ok now. If things happen again, be sure to do a report.



Topic author
poormadpeter2

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by poormadpeter2 »

FECC-Moderator on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:55 pm wrote:Everything should be ok now. If things happen again, be sure to do a report.
I notice the situation has not improved in the last six hours.



Topic author
Hard Rocker

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by Hard Rocker »

Unfortunately it appears the Felton bait is still being thrown out there unabated and this relentless obsession is continuing.
FECC-Moderator offered a very fair warning. It's disappointing that this has been ignored.


User avatar

midnightx
Posts: 23517
Joined: 19 years 10 months
Location: The Long and Winding Road
Has thanked: 1364 times
Been thanked: 3457 times

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by midnightx »

poormadpeter2 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:55 pm wrote:
FECC-Moderator on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:55 pm wrote:Everything should be ok now. If things happen again, be sure to do a report.
I notice the situation has not improved in the last six hours.
Yes, and you have played your part in it.



Topic author
poormadpeter2

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by poormadpeter2 »

midnightx on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:39 pm wrote:
poormadpeter2 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:55 pm wrote:
FECC-Moderator on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:55 pm wrote:Everything should be ok now. If things happen again, be sure to do a report.
I notice the situation has not improved in the last six hours.
Yes, and you have played your part in it.
Actually, I have responded to attacks and accusations from you and others. I have not commented on Jarvis directly since the Mod posted here. Each time, in that thread, since then I have responded to an accusation.

Again, the facts speak for themselves, if you care to check. If you really think I am not going to respond to accusations of "derailing" threads, bringing someone into a thread when I did not, establishing a false narrative, "vilifying others," and so on.

Now you are accusing people of saying things they never said, nor did they say anything remotely close to what you are suggesting. Did you retract your comment? No.

IF PEOPLE ATTACK ME PERSONALLY, I WILL RESPOND.

But I have not discussed Jarvis in the thread in question all day, just responding to never-ending accusations.

These are all comments you, and others, have made within the last seven or eight hours:
Thanks PoormadPeter and Juan Luis for dragging the thread off topic.
The mind boggles at your ongoing attempts at misdirection, but it is what you do.
This is just another example of you trying to establish a false narrative and vilifying others with whom you disagree.
The amount of spin and misdirection you apply to your arguments is staggering. You are pleading a very flawed case to the moderators to further your agenda, it is very transparent.
One of your gang asserted that the majority of my posts on this forum are about Felton Jarvis.
All I have done is replied.

All of those comments aimed at me AFTER the Mod writes this:
please keep things civil, and stop with the endless Jarvis baitings, this topic is about the possibility of Elvis trying out ''Tiger Man'' At sun.. and Jarvis has nothing to do with that. Also stop the endless ''Troll'' baiting... This is considered a personal attack.. and be done already with the pledge thing.

If anyone for whatever reason decides to start making things personal again, or starts throwing insults towards members because it doesn't fit their agenda.. Suspensions will be made, and this topic will be locked indefinetly.


User avatar

midnightx
Posts: 23517
Joined: 19 years 10 months
Location: The Long and Winding Road
Has thanked: 1364 times
Been thanked: 3457 times

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by midnightx »

poormadpeter2 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:03 pm wrote:All I have done is replied.
You have done more than simply "reply." Let's see where my "mind boggles" remark originated from, oh yes, in response to your initial use of the phrase directed at me (and for the record, I did not criticize Felton for encouraging Elvis to record blues, that was another of your mischaracterizations):
poormadpeter2 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:49 am wrote:Meanwhile Midnightx is criticising Felton for encouraging Elvis to record the blues. The mind boggles.
Of course, this will not be the last of it. You are going to keep this going on and on and on, promoting some narrative that you are a bystander, simply "replying" to others. You play your part in exacerbating these ongoing debates and arguments. I can only imagine what your next response will look like, what quote you take out of context, what erroneous assertion you make. Yes, the moderators said to keep it civil, but you have done nothing of the sort.


User avatar

Rob
Posts: 7225
Joined: 7 years 6 months
Location: Playing in the street as the cold wind blows.
Has thanked: 750 times
Been thanked: 9362 times

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by Rob »

I've just reported all 429 of you.


Image
The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Image
Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

Topic author
Juan Luis

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by Juan Luis »

Rob on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:16 am wrote:I've just reported all 429 of you.
HA!


User avatar

elvis-fan
Posts: 16427
Joined: 20 years 5 months
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 3771 times
Been thanked: 5105 times
Age: 88

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by elvis-fan »

Rob on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:16 am wrote:I've just reported all 429 of you.
Reported...


User avatar

Rob
Posts: 7225
Joined: 7 years 6 months
Location: Playing in the street as the cold wind blows.
Has thanked: 750 times
Been thanked: 9362 times

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by Rob »

I'm reporting you for reporting me for reporting you.

Being a tattletale can be fun.


Image
The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Image
Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

Scarre
Posts: 5154
Joined: 20 years 5 months
Been thanked: 1361 times

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by Scarre »

midnightx on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:39 pm wrote:
Scarre on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:58 am wrote:
midnightx on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:36 pm wrote:...
And for the record, you cannot insist that the moderators limit Felton Jarvis discourse, the man produced 10+ years of work and over 40% of Elvis' output, and as such, he will remain a very relevant topic of discussion, whether or not you like the content of such dialogue.
So now when the shoe fits, he "produced 10+ years of work and over 40% of Elivs´output".
Other times, he has produced almost nothing...it was always Elvis himself or someone else...but not FJ, not even worth to mention in the HBO doc.

You can´t have it both ways.
I do not have it both ways. I never said Jarvis "has produced almost nothing." Jarvis produced a lot of work, but that does not mean most of it was artistically and commercially relevant. The fact that he was omitted entirely from "The Searcher" affirms that. Nice try in attempting to create something out of nothing.

Again, this does not need to turn into another Jarvis love-fest by his staunch supporters. poormadpeter2 has a history of accusing members of engaging in certain behavior, and then he turns around and does the same thing. I simply pointed out his latest infraction, which happened to concern Jarvis.

This is a perfect example of how Jarvis sends people off the rails. I simply pointed out poormadpeter2's hypocrisy when he mentioned Jarvis as a wind-up in the blues thread, and now the mere mention of Jarvis in this thread causes a few Jarvis enthusiasts to rev up the Jarvis rhetoric again by turning this into a debate over Jarvis' worth and value as a producer, and to attack others who do not share their position. Can any of you guys let it go? You have made your position on Jarvis very clear. Do you need to derail this thread as well?
It´s called a hit & sink.



jessewade
Banned
Banned
Posts: 1812
Joined: 15 years 11 months
Has thanked: 477 times
Been thanked: 458 times

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by jessewade »

[snip] rules and nobody seems to care . Who will stop the crazy je [snip] ??????
FECC Team Note: Posting users personal information is against the guidelines. Posting racist, antisemetic, or any similar attacks is an extreme guideline violation which will never be tolerated here and will be dealt with accordingly.


MEMBER BANNED FOREVER FOR MAKING RACIST/ANTISEMETIC ATTACKS AGAINST ANOTHER MEMBER.
User avatar

norrie
Posts: 5360
Joined: 19 years 5 months
Location: The province of Scotland
Has thanked: 399 times
Been thanked: 1131 times

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by norrie »

jessewade on Sat May 05, 2018 3:40 pm wrote:rules and nobody seems to care . Who will stop the crazy ??????
Posting a personal attack on a topic about personal attacks.Clever.

norrie



Scarre
Posts: 5154
Joined: 20 years 5 months
Been thanked: 1361 times

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by Scarre »

norrie on Sat May 05, 2018 6:43 pm wrote:
jessewade on Sat May 05, 2018 3:40 pm wrote:rules and nobody seems to care . Who will stop the crazy ??????
Posting a personal attack on a topic about personal attacks.Clever.

norrie

Yes, this is a nasty post, I have no doubt it will be deleted.


User avatar

norrie
Posts: 5360
Joined: 19 years 5 months
Location: The province of Scotland
Has thanked: 399 times
Been thanked: 1131 times

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by norrie »

Scarre on Sat May 05, 2018 5:00 pm wrote:
norrie on Sat May 05, 2018 6:43 pm wrote:
jessewade on Sat May 05, 2018 3:40 pm wrote:rules and nobody seems to care . Who will stop the crazy ??????
Posting a personal attack on a topic about personal attacks.Clever.

norrie

Yes, this is a nasty post, I have no doubt it will be deleted.
He posted an even worse attack on the Good Times Hype Sticker thread against the same member but must have deleted it himself before anyone could reply or quote.
I'm glad I quoted on this thread before he deleted it so the mods could see and react as they have done by banning this nasty bigot.

norrie



Scarre
Posts: 5154
Joined: 20 years 5 months
Been thanked: 1361 times

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by Scarre »

norrie on Sat May 05, 2018 7:36 pm wrote:
Scarre on Sat May 05, 2018 5:00 pm wrote:
norrie on Sat May 05, 2018 6:43 pm wrote:
jessewade on Sat May 05, 2018 3:40 pm wrote:rules and nobody seems to care . Who will stop the crazy ??????
Posting a personal attack on a topic about personal attacks.Clever.

norrie

Yes, this is a nasty post, I have no doubt it will be deleted.
He posted an even worse attack on the Good Times Hype Sticker thread against the same member but must have deleted it himself before anyone could reply or quote.
I'm glad I quoted on this thread before he deleted it so the mods could see and react as they have done by banning this nasty bigot.

norrie
I don't read every post here, so correct me if I'm wrong...he/she has been a member for over 10 years, but I haven't seen this side before, what happened?


User avatar

Lonely Summer
Posts: 5638
Joined: 19 years 1 month
Location: Tacoma, WA
Has thanked: 2532 times
Been thanked: 1426 times

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by Lonely Summer »

Juan Luis on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:00 pm wrote:I know my days or hours are numbered here. It is tiring.
I spend a lot less time here than I used to, because of the continued attacks and baiting. And truthfully, there's probably not as much to talk about re:Elvis after "x" number of years. But I do believe we can continue to find new spins on old topics, and occasionally stumble across something new to most of us, if courtesy and civility are used. Otherwise, it's a waste of time for me to come here and read for the umpteenth time what a rotting POS "Mr. Songman" is, or what a S***f*** Felton Jarvis was. You know, I GET IT! There are people who hate certain songs or albums or movies or concerts or people with a passion. That's fine, but I don't need to have it shoved down my throat every day. But some people just will not let themselves bypass a topic they have nothing positive to contribute to. Must be a pretty pathetic life for these people, that they have to come and rain on everyone else's parade everytime it gets started. It reminds me of being back in junior high.


I've been living in the right lane, seeing others cruise on by, I've been trying to do the best thing, think I'll give the passing lane a try
User avatar

Rob
Posts: 7225
Joined: 7 years 6 months
Location: Playing in the street as the cold wind blows.
Has thanked: 750 times
Been thanked: 9362 times

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by Rob »

Lonely Summer on Tue May 08, 2018 2:31 am wrote:I GET IT!
Hollering?

Reported.


Image
The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Image
Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

Topic author
Bill B

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by Bill B »

Lonely Summer on Tue May 08, 2018 2:31 am wrote:
Juan Luis on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:00 pm wrote:I know my days or hours are numbered here. It is tiring.
I spend a lot less time here than I used to, because of the continued attacks and baiting. And truthfully, there's probably not as much to talk about re:Elvis after "x" number of years. But I do believe we can continue to find new spins on old topics, and occasionally stumble across something new to most of us, if courtesy and civility are used. Otherwise, it's a waste of time for me to come here and read for the umpteenth time what a rotting POS "Mr. Songman" is, or what a S***f*** Felton Jarvis was. You know, I GET IT! There are people who hate certain songs or albums or movies or concerts or people with a passion. That's fine, but I don't need to have it shoved down my throat every day. But some people just will not let themselves bypass a topic they have nothing positive to contribute to. Must be a pretty pathetic life for these people, that they have to come and rain on everyone else's parade everytime it gets started. It reminds me of being back in junior high.
It reminds me of obsession and stalking...



Topic author
poormadpeter2

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by poormadpeter2 »

Bill B on Tue May 08, 2018 3:30 pm wrote:
Lonely Summer on Tue May 08, 2018 2:31 am wrote:
Juan Luis on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:00 pm wrote:I know my days or hours are numbered here. It is tiring.
I spend a lot less time here than I used to, because of the continued attacks and baiting. And truthfully, there's probably not as much to talk about re:Elvis after "x" number of years. But I do believe we can continue to find new spins on old topics, and occasionally stumble across something new to most of us, if courtesy and civility are used. Otherwise, it's a waste of time for me to come here and read for the umpteenth time what a rotting POS "Mr. Songman" is, or what a S***f*** Felton Jarvis was. You know, I GET IT! There are people who hate certain songs or albums or movies or concerts or people with a passion. That's fine, but I don't need to have it shoved down my throat every day. But some people just will not let themselves bypass a topic they have nothing positive to contribute to. Must be a pretty pathetic life for these people, that they have to come and rain on everyone else's parade everytime it gets started. It reminds me of being back in junior high.
It reminds me of obsession and stalking...
What seems odd is that this section of the board was created as a way or airing views and discussing with mods, but mods dont seem to take any notice of it.

I wrote to them last week about something completely unrelated. I know they've read it because it's no longer in my outbox, but not even a reply stating "we have your message, thanks."

It's a very weird place at the moment.



Topic author
Bill B

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by Bill B »

poormadpeter2 on Wed May 09, 2018 4:16 pm wrote:
Bill B on Tue May 08, 2018 3:30 pm wrote:
Lonely Summer on Tue May 08, 2018 2:31 am wrote:
Juan Luis on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:00 pm wrote:I know my days or hours are numbered here. It is tiring.
I spend a lot less time here than I used to, because of the continued attacks and baiting. And truthfully, there's probably not as much to talk about re:Elvis after "x" number of years. But I do believe we can continue to find new spins on old topics, and occasionally stumble across something new to most of us, if courtesy and civility are used. Otherwise, it's a waste of time for me to come here and read for the umpteenth time what a rotting POS "Mr. Songman" is, or what a S***f*** Felton Jarvis was. You know, I GET IT! There are people who hate certain songs or albums or movies or concerts or people with a passion. That's fine, but I don't need to have it shoved down my throat every day. But some people just will not let themselves bypass a topic they have nothing positive to contribute to. Must be a pretty pathetic life for these people, that they have to come and rain on everyone else's parade everytime it gets started. It reminds me of being back in junior high.
It reminds me of obsession and stalking...
What seems odd is that this section of the board was created as a way or airing views and discussing with mods, but mods dont seem to take any notice of it.

I wrote to them last week about something completely unrelated. I know they've read it because it's no longer in my outbox, but not even a reply stating "we have your message, thanks."

It's a very weird place at the moment.
I agree..

-- Wed May 09, 2018 6:30 pm --
poormadpeter2 on Wed May 09, 2018 4:16 pm wrote:
Bill B on Tue May 08, 2018 3:30 pm wrote:
Lonely Summer on Tue May 08, 2018 2:31 am wrote:
Juan Luis on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:00 pm wrote:I know my days or hours are numbered here. It is tiring.
I spend a lot less time here than I used to, because of the continued attacks and baiting. And truthfully, there's probably not as much to talk about re:Elvis after "x" number of years. But I do believe we can continue to find new spins on old topics, and occasionally stumble across something new to most of us, if courtesy and civility are used. Otherwise, it's a waste of time for me to come here and read for the umpteenth time what a rotting POS "Mr. Songman" is, or what a S***f*** Felton Jarvis was. You know, I GET IT! There are people who hate certain songs or albums or movies or concerts or people with a passion. That's fine, but I don't need to have it shoved down my throat every day. But some people just will not let themselves bypass a topic they have nothing positive to contribute to. Must be a pretty pathetic life for these people, that they have to come and rain on everyone else's parade everytime it gets started. It reminds me of being back in junior high.
It reminds me of obsession and stalking...
What seems odd is that this section of the board was created as a way or airing views and discussing with mods, but mods dont seem to take any notice of it.

I wrote to them last week about something completely unrelated. I know they've read it because it's no longer in my outbox, but not even a reply stating "we have your message, thanks."

It's a very weird place at the moment.
I agree..


User avatar

Lonely Summer
Posts: 5638
Joined: 19 years 1 month
Location: Tacoma, WA
Has thanked: 2532 times
Been thanked: 1426 times

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by Lonely Summer »

The best thing I can suggest is blocking a particular user that annoys or harasses you. I've done this with a couple members and I don't regret it.


I've been living in the right lane, seeing others cruise on by, I've been trying to do the best thing, think I'll give the passing lane a try
User avatar

Rob
Posts: 7225
Joined: 7 years 6 months
Location: Playing in the street as the cold wind blows.
Has thanked: 750 times
Been thanked: 9362 times

Re: Personal Attacks Ignored by Mods

Post by Rob »

If anyone harasses me, stalks me or blocks me, I will report them. This is a message board that is my life and I take it very seriously. I'm basically responding to words on the screen and know none of you personally. I wouldn't know any of you if I bumped into you at Chuck E. Cheese. However, I cannot stress to you the importance of this board to my very being. I would totally disregard my family and leave them in the cold just to view this board a couple of times a day. If I see that some of you disagree with my posts, I will argue my point over and over, post after post, thread after thread. If you still want to argue with me, I will then resort to insults. If that doesn't work, don't be surprised if I throw a personal attack your way. I just want to make it perfectly clear how important this internet message board is to my life.

All that said, I will not, I repeat, I will NOT be harassed, stalked or blocked. I'll type a note to the moderator so fast it will make your head spin.
Last edited by Rob on Thu May 10, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Image
The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Image
Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.