Elvis in Denver. Have I been fooled

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
trevorelvis
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Elvis in Denver. Have I been fooled

Post by trevorelvis »

I run a Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/tcbelvis called his truth is marching on and a page

I’m stringent on fake photos and the nonsensical Elvis Facebook world. I do my best to keep it real and I try and point people to this forum a lot and try to credit it too. I’ve read it since the beginning

I posted this thinking it was genuine but people are questioning it. Something to do with where her other arm is. I include the story posted with it too

Trev
02F2DFE3-D812-4BB1-8BD8-C16612846520.jpeg
A Kiss From Elvis

1971-Love me tender!I mention in my bio that I was kissed by Elvis–passionately. Actually, it was more like deeply and warmly. Maybe sweetly and friendly. But it was nice!

Since I first wrote this article, in 2008, several stories have been done about the day, because of the donation Elvis made (mentioned in the next paragraph). As a result, I’ve had to correct the dollar figure and some other information–but the kiss is the same. Hey, some things just aren’t as memorable!

It was 1971 and Elvis had just given Denver Chief of Police George Seaton a check for several thousand dollars to fully equip a gym in honor of slain officer Merle Nading. Elvis wasn’t wearing a tie with his open collared shirt, so when Chief Seaton gave him a tie tack that looked like little handcuffs, Elvis borrowed someone’s tie so he could wear the tie tack for a few photos.

The tie tack was recently purchased by a collector and I was able to provide the information that Elvis grumbled a bit to someone in the room about not liking the look of the tie with that shirt. (That style of shirt–or the actual shirt–is seen in a lot of photos of Elvis in that era, so he must have liked the look!)

I was in a nearby office when Sergeant Bill Smith, a police photographer, called me and told me to come over and get my photo taken with Elvis Presley. I said I didn’t want to, because I didn’t think the chief or anyone else would want me to do that. But, Sergeant Smith insisted and when I arrived someone introduced me to Elvis, who was very nice about the whole thing. He said, “What about you let me get a nice photo with you, Honey?” I said OK and Sgt. Smith took the picture.

Then, he told Sgt. Smith, “You should get one that is more friendly.” That’s when he gave me the kiss. I expected a quick little peck on the lips, but what I got was (what seemed to me anyway) a very warm kiss! I was so embarrassed I almost couldn’t think of anything to say. What I did say was, “If you’re very lucky, I’ll give you my autograph.” He smiled and chuckled. I asked him about his baby and he showed me two photos of Lisa Marie, which he had in a little plastic photo holder.

Bill was laughing through all of this and still getting his camera and flash set up (isn’t that the way it always is??) I would give a lot to have a photo of the kiss!

Let me assure you, Elvis was not impressed or enthralled with me particularly, he was just very gentlemanly, and I think he figured I’d like saying I was kissed by Elvis. Well, heck, I DO like saying it!

When I was the United States Marshal for Colorado I had the photo on my memorabilia wall, and every foreign visitor was much more impressed with the Elvis photo than with anything else. Several got their own photos taken next to it! Isn’t it amazing how a legend like Elvis Presley can live on in that way?

You will likely never be so memorable that people will pose next to a photo of you decades after you are gone. However, many people may remember you during their lifetimes. Several people will remember you and think of you often. A least one or two will continue to talk about you throughout their lives. Your goal can be to have good things said by all of them, and to have made such a positive difference in the lives of many that some part of you lives on in them.

There was a poem written by James Leigh Hunt in the early 1800s, called Jenny Kissed Me. It’s a sweet poem about how a man felt after a young woman who he admired kissed him impulsively. I could paraphrase the last few lines to describe my experience years ago:

……..Say I’m weary, say I’m sad,
Say that health and wealth have missed me,
Say I’m growing old, but add,
Elvis kissed me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My Elvis Facebook Group : His Truth Goes Marching On

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tcbelvis

Page at https://www.facebook.com/elvispresleyhistruthismarchingon/

http://twitter.com/presleytweets

Elvis Presley 1970
"Before you abuse, criticise or accuse - walk a mile in my shoes"

Rocky Balboa 2007
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits."

steevefry
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Elvis in Denver. Have I been fooled

Post by steevefry »

Real for me ... with Tinas Lewis Rowe

javierTCB
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by javierTCB »

From Paul´s Elvis Page.

"Getting his Honarary Police Badge in Denver Colorado on November 25, 1970".

https://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/jail70.html

"If you're in old habits
Set in your old ways
Changes are a-comin'
For these are changing days
And if your head is in the sand
While things are goin' on
What you need is a Change of Habit"

Topic author
trevorelvis
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by trevorelvis »

Someone still questioned it. Paul does not have it on his page yet
I’m almost certain it’s genuine

My Elvis Facebook Group : His Truth Goes Marching On

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tcbelvis

Page at https://www.facebook.com/elvispresleyhistruthismarchingon/

http://twitter.com/presleytweets

Elvis Presley 1970
"Before you abuse, criticise or accuse - walk a mile in my shoes"

Rocky Balboa 2007
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits."

Yamaguchi.Y
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Yamaguchi.Y »

Looks real to me. If it is being questioned because of her right arm area, she is just reaching around to embrace EP .. and EP is pulling her in welcomingly close. :wink:

— "Just enjoy yourself, that's what the whole thing's about." (EP, '76)

paulsweeney
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by paulsweeney »

trevorelvis wrote:Someone still questioned it. Paul does not have it on his page yet
I’m almost certain it’s genuine
The photo of Elvis and Tina is there, though very small. It’s genuine.

I’ll add the bigger photo later this week.

Garfield
Registered for: 15 years

Post by Garfield »

It's genuine and I spoke to Tina in 2015 (my contact with her was made through other Denver police officers who knew Elvis well) for the FTD TCB – In A Flash book.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years 4 months

Post by drjohncarpenter »

It's beneficial to your quest if you mention the person's name: Tina Lewis Rowe.

And include the fact that the text you posted comes from her own website, from an entry made May 28, 2008:

Tina Lewis Rowe
Insights, Information & Inspiration

A Kiss From Elvis
http://tinalewisrowe.com/2008/05/28/a-kiss-from-elvis/

Bottom line: it's authentic.

The Denver Police Department visit was on Wednesday, November 25, 1970, we've discussed it before on this forum. Lots of photos were taken. Somewhere this shot with Tina should exist in color. Another photo from the visit was chosen for the cover of an official Presley box set.

See more here:

trevorelvis wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:19 pm
I run a Facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/tcbelvis called his truth is marching on and a page

I’m stringent on fake photos and the nonsensical Elvis Facebook world. I do my best to keep it real and I try and point people to this forum a lot and try to credit it too. I’ve read it since the beginning

I posted this thinking it was genuine but people are questioning it. Something to do with where her other arm is. I include the story posted with it too

Trev

A Kiss From Elvis

1971-Love me tender!I mention in my bio that I was kissed by Elvis–passionately. Actually, it was more like deeply and warmly. Maybe sweetly and friendly. But it was nice!

Since I first wrote this article, in 2008, several stories have been done about the day, because of the donation Elvis made (mentioned in the next paragraph). As a result, I’ve had to correct the dollar figure and some other information–but the kiss is the same. Hey, some things just aren’t as memorable!

It was 1971 and Elvis had just given Denver Chief of Police George Seaton a check for several thousand dollars to fully equip a gym in honor of slain officer Merle Nading. Elvis wasn’t wearing a tie with his open collared shirt, so when Chief Seaton gave him a tie tack that looked like little handcuffs, Elvis borrowed someone’s tie so he could wear the tie tack for a few photos.

The tie tack was recently purchased by a collector and I was able to provide the information that Elvis grumbled a bit to someone in the room about not liking the look of the tie with that shirt. (That style of shirt–or the actual shirt–is seen in a lot of photos of Elvis in that era, so he must have liked the look!)

I was in a nearby office when Sergeant Bill Smith, a police photographer, called me and told me to come over and get my photo taken with Elvis Presley. I said I didn’t want to, because I didn’t think the chief or anyone else would want me to do that. But, Sergeant Smith insisted and when I arrived someone introduced me to Elvis, who was very nice about the whole thing. He said, “What about you let me get a nice photo with you, Honey?” I said OK and Sgt. Smith took the picture.

Then, he told Sgt. Smith, “You should get one that is more friendly.” That’s when he gave me the kiss. I expected a quick little peck on the lips, but what I got was (what seemed to me anyway) a very warm kiss! I was so embarrassed I almost couldn’t think of anything to say. What I did say was, “If you’re very lucky, I’ll give you my autograph.” He smiled and chuckled. I asked him about his baby and he showed me two photos of Lisa Marie, which he had in a little plastic photo holder.

Bill was laughing through all of this and still getting his camera and flash set up (isn’t that the way it always is??) I would give a lot to have a photo of the kiss!

Let me assure you, Elvis was not impressed or enthralled with me particularly, he was just very gentlemanly, and I think he figured I’d like saying I was kissed by Elvis. Well, heck, I DO like saying it!

When I was the United States Marshal for Colorado I had the photo on my memorabilia wall, and every foreign visitor was much more impressed with the Elvis photo than with anything else. Several got their own photos taken next to it! Isn’t it amazing how a legend like Elvis Presley can live on in that way?

You will likely never be so memorable that people will pose next to a photo of you decades after you are gone. However, many people may remember you during their lifetimes. Several people will remember you and think of you often. A least one or two will continue to talk about you throughout their lives. Your goal can be to have good things said by all of them, and to have made such a positive difference in the lives of many that some part of you lives on in them.

There was a poem written by James Leigh Hunt in the early 1800s, called Jenny Kissed Me. It’s a sweet poem about how a man felt after a young woman who he admired kissed him impulsively. I could paraphrase the last few lines to describe my experience years ago:

……..Say I’m weary, say I’m sad,
Say that health and wealth have missed me,
Say I’m growing old, but add,
Elvis kissed me!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!