Chat talk and light discussion

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator5, Moderator3, Site Mechanic

Greystoke
Registered for: 1 year 8 months

Re: last movie you watched

Post by Greystoke »

jetblack wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2024 4:03 pm
'Oddity'. A creepy, atmospheric horror that I loved. One of the best I have seen in a long time.

Andy
Thanks, Andy. I haven't seen it, but I'll check it out the next time I subscribe to Shudder.

pmp
Registered for: 5 years 5 months

Re: last movie you watched

Post by pmp »

I saw Longlegs this evening, a serial killer/horror hybrid starring Maika Monroe and an unrecognisable Nicolas Cage - I didn't even realise it was him until it was over! There's been a lot of hype about this one, but it's not quite sure what genre it is, and it's not so good as its reputation. It's not thrilling enough to be a thriller, and not horrifying enough to be a horror. It IS engaging, though, and it was certainly an interesting and enjoyable watch. Sadly, the climax is signalled too clearly far too early on in the film for it to be the knife-edge moment that it should be. Still, the performances are generally excellent, and it doesn't outstay its welcome, or, indeed, come up with some daft everything-but-the-kicthen-sink ending that we get too often in modern horror. Flawed, but I'll take it over Insidious & co.

Accused of being "a nerd in his 20s." I wish.