Elvis Presley: The Album Collection (60 CD Deluxe Box Set)

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

dennyelvis
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Re: Elvis Presley: The Album Collection (60 CD Deluxe Box Se

Post by dennyelvis »

Exactly, so we still need the CM set for those then ..... it would be useful if some of the experts on here could post exactly what we get on TCM that's missing on the iTunes?

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It’s very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.

Mike Windgren
Registered for: 21 years 4 months

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
dennyelvis wrote:Exactly, so we still need the CM set for those then ..... it would be useful if some of the experts on here could post exactly what we get on TCM that's missing on the iTunes?
Or the Elvis: Walk A Mile In My Shoes-The Essential 70´s Masters 5 cd boxset, with it´s unique Dennis Ferrante mixes! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

James27

Post by James27 »

It is the same as the price that once was (incl shipping) on that German website: https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/elvis-presley-rca-albums-collection/hnum/8536959

elvis-fan wrote:Not sure what the shipping charges are to the US but this is still the best price I've seen online for the set...

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B019YQJRKO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

Joe Krein interview with Sherril Nielsen: "YOU KNOW YOU FORGET HOW GOOD HE REALLY WAS. I SAID MY GOODNESS. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE WITH HIM YOU ARE SO WRAPPED UP DOING THE SHOW, BUT HERE NOW 20 YEARS LATER, I HEAR HIM AND REALIZE WHAT A GREAT TALENT HE WAS. HE WAS THE REAL DEAL.

steve in SC

Post by steve in SC »

Importcds has it for $238.75 plus $16.95 shipping.

When In Rome
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by When In Rome »

Well, Good evenin', don't that sun look good goin' down...

David 1
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

Post by David 1 »

[quote="When In Rome"]£149 from Base.com; free delivery for UK buyers...
http://www.base.com/buy/product/elvis-presley-the-rca-albums-collection-music-cd/dgc-88875114562.htm[/quote]
I wonder if Amazon will drop it`s price to match Base.

django5722

Post by django5722 »

As someone who was 18 when Elvis died (I was already a fan of many years, though), I did not have the opportunity to get many of these albums as they came out, and while I probably have 98% of what's on the new 60-cd box, I do NOT have the material in the original configuration. I have various foreign pressings, cd reissues, compilations, Double Features CD's, and 50s/60s/70s masters box sets, etc. This will allow me to hear the albums the way Elvis's listeners heard them back in the day, WITHOUT extra tracks (for the most part), in the correct and intended running order, in re-creations of the original packaging, etc. I know that super-fans older than I am have listened to these albums over and over in their original running order and original packaging, and THAT is what they remember. For me, this box is a real treat. I look forward to enjoying it for decades. Yes, I have hundreds of "imports," but I also have 50-60 FTD albums and I really do want to support LEGITIMATE reissues of Elvis's work. Getting these exact repros of the original albums for about $4.50 an album (via importcds) is, to me, a no-brainer. This is a very different kind of project from The Complete Masters (which, alas, I do not have). If this sells out, perhaps it will keep other such ambitious projects coming in the future.
Sure, we can nit-pick about this release. I for one would have wanted the original mono versions where they are unique mixes. And I'm not sure that putting extra tracks on an exact reissue is a great idea. But a project like this cannot fit everyone's expectations. Buying this can send a message to the powers-that-be at Sony/RCA that we want the original performances of Elvis Presley, not things with overdubbed symphony orchestras and overdubbed duets and dance mixes.
I've appreciated the 50+ pages of discussion about this release--it's exciting to have an Elvis event that creates that much interest, one way or the other. I will buy this (and will have to charge it and pay it off over a few months), and my wife and family will enjoy it too. If you have an original copy of each LP, then I can understand your passing on this. However, I do not. Now at least I will have a reasonable facsimile (sp?) of each. For me, that's exciting.

ps, I have been a member of this list for over 10 years, but I'm mostly a reader. There are many people here who know more than I do, and I learn a lot all the time from their posts. Thanks to all who keep the discussions alive in a civil and informed manner. People like us are the ones who are responsible for introducing Elvis's work to our friends, our children, our grandchildren, etc. When people hear Elvis's work, they usually enjoy it and want more. And Elvis is in that curious category of celebrity whose name is universally known, but who has a large body of work where a good bit of it is NOT known to the average music fan. We can do a lot to turn on people to the great early 60s Nashville sides, the 69 Memphis sessions, the Jungle Room Sessions FTD album, the better soundtrack tunes--the material that IS NOT that well-known to the average person who enjoys Elvis but does not have the collections that we do. A week does not go by when I don't mention Elvis to SOMEONE who seems like he or she would enjoy him. I suppose that's what I'm doing "for" Elvis and his legacy. It's really all about his work, his performances (both studio and live). Thanks for reading so far. I look forward to the discussion once we get this box into our hands and start trying to digest it! :)

Best wishes from South Texas....

Christopher
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by Christopher »

sweetangeline wrote:...finally I wonder how many customers now refuse to buy this product based solely on the inclusion of selected bonus tracks added...
i´m one of them.

with the inclusion of the bonus songs, these are no historical miniature replicas anymore.
many years ago, the original albums were compiled like they were, for a reason and the artist approved the mixing and the compilation (in the 50s and 60s, at least).

since the cover arts look like they will be true to the originals, a stickler for details, i wonder if those bonus tracks will be mentioned on the "original" cover reproduction (which would ruin all the efforts for original replication).
but even if they won´t be, the inclusion of extra songs spoils the fun for me.

i wouldn´t buy a print of a painting from a famous classic painter, that has some "extra" drawings on it, either
(even if the seller was claiming: "with those extra sketches from other paintings on your rembrandt replica you get even MORE for your money" !!). :mrgreen:

Give a man a fish and he´ll have dinner for a day.
Teach a man how to fish and he´ll have dinner for a lifetime!

(signature borrowed from treasured fecc member lovin´ EP Linda ... until she wants it back)

More important than ever: https://blacklivesmatter.com/

Eggrert
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by Eggrert »

Christopher wrote:with the inclusion of the bonus songs, these are no historical miniature replicas anymore.
Exactly. It might sound odd, but this is a case where less would indeed be more (please pardon the cliche). The main appeal of this box - for those of us who have most/all of the remastered tracks - is for the historical value of it. When you tack on random bonus tracks to completely unrelated albums, or leave off lifetime albums...well, that's a problem.

I admit that I would probably have sprung for the box if the 60s material had been released in mono. But as it is, I can at least tell myself that I'm saving a few hundred bucks...

L Ray
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by L Ray »

Christopher wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:...finally I wonder how many customers now refuse to buy this product based solely on the inclusion of selected bonus tracks added...
i´m one of them.

with the inclusion of the bonus songs, these are no historical miniature replicas anymore.
many years ago, the original albums were compiled like they were, for a reason and the artist approved the mixing and the compilation (in the 50s and 60s, at least).

since the cover arts look like they will be true to the originals, a stickler for details, i wonder if those bonus tracks will be mentioned on the "original" cover reproduction (which would ruin all the efforts for original replication).
but even if they won´t be, the inclusion of extra songs spoils the fun for me.

i wouldn´t buy a print of a painting from a famous classic painter, that has some "extra" drawings on it, either
(even if the seller was claiming: "with those extra sketches from other paintings on your rembrandt replica you get even MORE for your money" !!). :mrgreen:
We will know for sure in less than 2 weeks. They didn't show the backs of the covers in the video but they did show that each album has a couple or more pages for each album in the book where the bonus tracks are listed. I'm pretty sure they won't be listed on the covers and that the album artwork will be original only.

DJL
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Post by DJL »

Has anyone bought from base before????
£149 from Base.com; free delivery for UK buyers...
http://www.base.com/buy/product/elvis-p ... 114562.htm
When I went to do the checkout for shipping to the USA, the price when down to £124.99 and £4.99 to ship it. Does this seem right? I have not completed the checkout because this doesn't seem right.

When In Rome
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by When In Rome »

DJL wrote:Has anyone bought from base before????
£149 from Base.com; free delivery for UK buyers...
http://www.base.com/buy/product/elvis-p ... 114562.htm
When I went to do the checkout for shipping to the USA, the price when down to £124.99 and £4.99 to ship it. Does this seem right? I have not completed the checkout because this doesn't seem right.
I have, they've always been good for me but I'm a UK resident. Not sure what's happening there though?

Well, Good evenin', don't that sun look good goin' down...

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Christopher wrote:
i´m one of them.
Yep, I lost any interest when that became obvious. Being able to press stop on a CD player whenever one choses is really not the point, if content was not on the original release, it should not be on a replica of said release, even if the format is now CD.

And the spine have numbers on them now it would appear as well.

Small points, of course.

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

Considering we already have the complete masters and with the replica ftd classic album series I'm surprised anyone is biting on these at all. I'm skipping because I have nearly all of these in the form of the ftd Classic album with a bigger format to boot. I think there are 14 of the 57 albums I don't have. I understand I'll miss out on the inserts and trinkets but is that enough to get these same albums all over again in mini size?

Topic author
sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by sweetangeline »

Matthew wrote:
Christopher wrote:
i´m one of them.
Yep, I lost any interest when that became obvious. Being able to press stop on a CD player whenever one choses is really not the point, if content was not on the original release, it should not be on a replica of said release, even if the format is now CD.

And the spine have numbers on them now it would appear as well.

Small points, of course.
out of the 57 albums...37 are exact duplicates with no bonus tracks...can`t complain with that and includes a book all inside one very nice box at one great price. Not counting the so-called 20 errors if we call them that :shock: ...still works out to be just over $9.00 per CD in CAD funds (based on 37) and that`s without factoring in the book or box!!

yes small points indeed :wink:
Last edited by sweetangeline on Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny2523
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by Johnny2523 »

Fact is hardcore fans know & have easy access to the original album, General public will get an idea of the original albums (and i doubt they'll be thinking hmmm did they really number each and every release of his back then?). I can't wait to put this baby right next to venus mono set.

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Topic author
sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by sweetangeline »

Johnny2523 wrote:Fact is hardcore fans know & have easy access to the original album, General public will get an idea of the original albums (and i doubt they'll be thinking hmmm did they really number each and every release of his back then?). I can't wait to put this baby right next to venus mono set.
for sure!! :D

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Just under two weeks for the release date and I haven´r ordered it yet, I´m still undecided :roll:. As for now, I´m more interested in the VENUS Mono 5 cd boxset with that beautiful huge hardback book! 8). Bye for now :smt006.

elvis71
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by elvis71 »

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Just under two weeks for the release date and I haven´r ordered it yet, I´m still undecided :roll:. As for now, I´m more interested in the VENUS Mono 5 cd boxset with that beautiful huge hardback book! 8). Bye for now :smt006.

I will get both, so i don't have to decide :wink: :smt006

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

elvis71 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:

Good for you! :wink:.

I´ll wait for reviews and if I decide to buy it, I´ll try to get the best deal. It doesn´t seem to be so limited, it´s available everywhere :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Scoobie
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by Scoobie »

Advert from April 2016 Mojo magazine, page 8;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

elvis71
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by elvis71 »

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.
elvis71 wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:

Good for you! :wink:.

I´ll wait for reviews and if I decide to buy it, I´ll try to get the best deal. It doesn´t seem to be so limited, it´s available everywhere :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.
Thank you, :wink: doesn't matter which one you choose, you won't regret it :wink: :smt006

TINML
Registered for: 21 years 3 months

Post by TINML »

Is the actual hit single version of The Womder of You included? The version of On Stage is without the overdubs and the Sweets are out of tune ?

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

skatterbrane

Post by skatterbrane »

TINML wrote:Is the actual hit single version of The Womder of You included? The version of On Stage is without the overdubs and the Sweets are out of tune ?
The only version of On Stage album that has the undubbed version you speak of is the 1999 expanded version. I have had many iterations of On Stage, and all the others have the hit version with the overdubs (including the annoying dubbed in applause that Felton seems to put in a tad too late into the song to achieve any feeling of authenticity).

However the undubbed version can also be found on Live In Las Vegas 4 CD box set.

The initial release of Elv1s used an entirely different performance. They "corrected" this mistake when they reissued the CD, but they used the undubbed version, not the hit version.

Johnny2523
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by Johnny2523 »

New details about the 60 CD Box - Courtesy of Robert Klein who worked on this release and got an advance copy! -

''Here is my 1st Impression. Well Done. All the "records" that had/have Bonus Photos are INCLUDED within the jackets and the jackets are cardboard sleeves. There is a separate sheet of stickers that you can peel off to affix to the Cd's that have bonus photos like "Spinout" or "Harum Scarum" or the Aloha "SATURN" sticker. The book looks Fabulous, (still checking for accuracy). 300 pages. The book shows Grammy nominations and Wins, which is great too see. (He was nominated more than his 3 wins). Some LPs are NOT included like Separate Ways and Hits From His Movies which is explained in the book under "Producers Notes". There are 3 "From The Vaults" CDs representing the 50s 60s and 70s with ALL material Previously released. Session info is included as well as Elvis' lifetime single discography with RIAA status as well as a section on EPs though I did notice the Aloha EP was missing, looking to see if that is explained or not. PLEASE REMEMBER THESE ARE 1st impressions as I still have to DIG IN DEEPER. ENJOY''

After being asked about the Back covers being like the original & if they had bonus songs listed on the back covers''
- Like the Originals. Alternates ONLY listed in the book. And the miniature bonus photos have printing on the back like the originals.

--

I've posted this with permission of Mr. Klein.

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets