Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator5, Moderator3, Site Mechanic

User avatar

Topic author
drjohncarpenter
Posts: 98960
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 10457 times
Been thanked: 24294 times
Age: 86

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Speaking of facts, below is a summary of them on this topic, which I first posted on page 86:


drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:57 am
"Much of this topic is just fantasy without any background knowledge."

I have no idea what this comment means, as these facts have been made plain in the course of the discussion:

- Elvis adored the song "Tiger Man" from the moment it was released on Sun Records
- Elvis listened to WDIA Radio in Memphis, knew the disc jockeys and the music
- Elvis attended the WDIA Benefit shows in December 1956 and December 1957
- Sam Phillips made acetates of unreleased songs cut by Elvis for disc jockeys to preview on-air
- The majority of the small combo songs rehearsed or done live in June 1968 were from 1954-1957
- Elvis rehearsed "When It Rains It Pours" with the small combo in June 1968, and in 1983 a Sun recording of it was released
- Elvis rehearsed and performed "Tiger Man" live in June 1968
- The 1968 performance of "Tiger Man" was issued on LP in November 1968
- The 1968 performance of "Tiger Man" was seen by millions on national TV in August 1969
- Elvis performed, at minimum, EIGHT stand-alone live versions of "Tiger Man" in August 1970
- Each of these stand-alone live versions had pointed, serious introductions where he called it his "second record"
- More "second record" introductions where he sings "Tiger Man" are found on sporadic live recordings in 1971 and 1972
- There are no known, stand-alone live versions of "Mystery Train" from July 1969 to June 1977
- No other introductions are known of Elvis calling something a "second record" without a performance of "Tiger Man" involved

All of these things deserve serious consideration, but if you believe this is "just fantasy" I cannot agree.

Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

DEH
Posts: 5041
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 957 times

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by DEH »

This coming from someone who has dismissed things he didn't discover numerous times. :)

DEH
Posts: 5041
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 957 times

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by DEH »

It's too bad shows from the 15th to the 18th of August 18 1970 are not available to us. Maybe he said something more. We will probably never know. Scotty did not remember it.
User avatar

pmp
Posts: 3758
Registered for: 2 years
Has thanked: 543 times
Been thanked: 2953 times

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by pmp »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:48 am
Speaking of facts, here's a summary of them regarding this topic, which was posted on page 86:


drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:57 am
"Much of this topic is just fantasy without any background knowledge."

I have no idea what this comment means, as these facts have been made plain in the course of the discussion:

- Elvis adored the song "Tiger Man"
- Elvis listened to KDIA Radio, knew the disc jockeys and the music
- Elvis attended the KDIA Benefit shows in 1956 and 1957
- Sam Phillips made acetates of unreleased songs cut by Elvis for disc jockeys to preview on-air
- The majority of the small combo songs rehearsed or done live in June 1968 are from 1954-1957
- Elvis rehearsed "When It Rains It Pours" with the small combo in June 1968, in 1983 a Sun recording of it was released

- Elvis rehearsed and performed "Tiger Man" live in June 1968
- The 1968 performance was issued on LP in November 1968
- The 1968 performance was seen on national TV in August 1969
- Elvis performed, at minimum, EIGHT stand-alone live versions of "Tiger Man" in August 1970

- Each of these had pointed, serious introductions of it as his "second record"
- More "second record" introductions where he sings "Tiger Man" are found on sporadic live recordings in 1971-1972
- There are no known, stand-alone live versions of "Mystery Train" from July 1969 to June 1977
- No other introductions are known of Elvis calling something a "second record" that exclude a performance of "Tiger Man"


All of these things deserve serious consideration, but if you believe this is "just fantasy" I cannot agree.

And all of those highlighted in yellow are are not any indication that he recorded the song at Sun, and had test pressings made etc, as you claim in your opening post.

The fact he rehearsed the song in 1968 means absolutely nothing. He also played Young Love, Oh Happy Day, That's My Desire, the Peter Gunn Theme, Danny Boy, and Baby What You Want Me to Do at those rehearsals, and yet they weren't recorded at Sun either.

What's more, Baby What You Want Me To Do was performed no less than six times during the live performances in 1968, and during the 1969 Vegas shows - and yet you're not arguing there was a studio recording of that, are you?

The second record introductions also mean nothing - unless you're going to believe everything Elvis said on stage. And you're not doing that either. And to say they were serious is only your interpretation. Most people realise that they most likely were Elvis spinning a tale, just as he did in many of his on stage introduction, and in the life story monologue of 1969.

Your evidence is either entirely irrelevant, or spurious at best. And to say his story is given credence by the fact he didn't introduce any other song as his second record is simply laughable, not least because he's known to have done the second record introduction before singing the medley of Mystery Train and Tiger Man, with Mystery Train coming first, and therefore directly after the second record comment. Therefore your comment about "no other introductions" is completely false.
Accused of being "a nerd in his 20s." I wish.
User avatar

Topic author
drjohncarpenter
Posts: 98960
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 10457 times
Been thanked: 24294 times
Age: 86

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by drjohncarpenter »

pmp wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:40 am
And all of those highlighted in yellow are are not any indication that he recorded the song at Sun, and had test pressings made etc, as you claim in your opening post.

The fact he rehearsed the song in 1968 means absolutely nothing. He also played Young Love, Oh Happy Day, That's My Desire, the Peter Gunn Theme, Danny Boy, and Baby What You Want Me to Do at those rehearsals, and yet they weren't recorded at Sun either.

What's more, Baby What You Want Me To Do was performed no less than six times during the live performances in 1968, and during the 1969 Vegas shows - and yet you're not arguing there was a studio recording of that, are you?

The second record introductions also mean nothing - unless you're going to believe everything Elvis said on stage. And you're not doing that either. And to say they were serious is only your interpretation. Most people realise that they most likely were Elvis spinning a tale, just as he did in many of his on stage introduction, and in the life story monologue of 1969.

Your evidence is either entirely irrelevant, or spurious at best. And to say his story is given credence by the fact he didn't introduce any other song as his second record is simply laughable, not least because he's known to have done the second record introduction before singing the medley of Mystery Train and Tiger Man, with Mystery Train coming first, and therefore directly after the second record comment. Therefore your comment about "no other introductions" is completely false.


Didn't you self-publish a book on Elvis' music? If so, you better delete that post quick.

I won't bother with most of your comments, as they are your usual mix of error and speciousness. Most of your attacks have already been made in the previous pages here already, and each has been thoroughly and completely dismissed.

So, what shall I address here? Let's see.

It has nothing to do with this topic, but Elvis planned a studio recording of "Baby What You Want Me To Do" at RCA Hollywood in late August 1967 -- just eight months before the live work at NBC Burbank -- with Billy Strange behind the board. But the date was cancelled for reasons unclear to this very day.

Here, give this a read and learn something new about the man and his music:

A Strange Session --> August 22, 1967
https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50204



:smt006
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!
User avatar

pmp
Posts: 3758
Registered for: 2 years
Has thanked: 543 times
Been thanked: 2953 times

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by pmp »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:00 am

Didn't you self-publish a book on Elvis' music?
Yes. And it's well-researched and doesn't resort to wild conjecture. When is yours being published?
So, what shall I address here? Let's see.

It has nothing to do with this topic, but Elvis planned a studio recording of "Baby What You Want Me To Do" at RCA Hollywood in late August 1967 -- just eight months before the live work at NBC Burbank -- with Billy Strange behind the board. But the date was cancelled for reasons unclear to this very day.

Here, give this a read and learn something new about the man and his music:

A Strange Session --> August 22, 1967
https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50204

Your example is for a session that didn't happen. That's not really helping your case, is it?

Really, Doc, you disappoint me. You're not as good at this as you used to be.
Accused of being "a nerd in his 20s." I wish.

Spellbinder
Posts: 4733
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Location: The Royal Borough
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by Spellbinder »

pmp wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:40 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:48 am
Speaking of facts, here's a summary of them regarding this topic, which was posted on page 86:


drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:57 am
"Much of this topic is just fantasy without any background knowledge."

I have no idea what this comment means, as these facts have been made plain in the course of the discussion:

- Elvis adored the song "Tiger Man"
- Elvis listened to KDIA Radio, knew the disc jockeys and the music
- Elvis attended the KDIA Benefit shows in 1956 and 1957
- Sam Phillips made acetates of unreleased songs cut by Elvis for disc jockeys to preview on-air
- The majority of the small combo songs rehearsed or done live in June 1968 are from 1954-1957
- Elvis rehearsed "When It Rains It Pours" with the small combo in June 1968, in 1983 a Sun recording of it was released

- Elvis rehearsed and performed "Tiger Man" live in June 1968
- The 1968 performance was issued on LP in November 1968
- The 1968 performance was seen on national TV in August 1969
- Elvis performed, at minimum, EIGHT stand-alone live versions of "Tiger Man" in August 1970

- Each of these had pointed, serious introductions of it as his "second record"
- More "second record" introductions where he sings "Tiger Man" are found on sporadic live recordings in 1971-1972
- There are no known, stand-alone live versions of "Mystery Train" from July 1969 to June 1977
- No other introductions are known of Elvis calling something a "second record" that exclude a performance of "Tiger Man"


All of these things deserve serious consideration, but if you believe this is "just fantasy" I cannot agree.

And all of those highlighted in yellow are are not any indication that he recorded the song at Sun, and had test pressings made etc, as you claim in your opening post.

The fact he rehearsed the song in 1968 means absolutely nothing. He also played Young Love, Oh Happy Day, That's My Desire, the Peter Gunn Theme, Danny Boy, and Baby What You Want Me to Do at those rehearsals, and yet they weren't recorded at Sun either.

What's more, Baby What You Want Me To Do was performed no less than six times during the live performances in 1968, and during the 1969 Vegas shows - and yet you're not arguing there was a studio recording of that, are you?

The second record introductions also mean nothing - unless you're going to believe everything Elvis said on stage. And you're not doing that either. And to say they were serious is only your interpretation. Most people realise that they most likely were Elvis spinning a tale, just as he did in many of his on stage introduction, and in the life story monologue of 1969.

Your evidence is either entirely irrelevant, or spurious at best. And to say his story is given credence by the fact he didn't introduce any other song as his second record is simply laughable, not least because he's known to have done the second record introduction before singing the medley of Mystery Train and Tiger Man, with Mystery Train coming first, and therefore directly after the second record comment. Therefore your comment about "no other introductions" is completely false.
non sequitur
Ray
User avatar

chop983
Posts: 818
Registered for: 6 years 8 months
Location: England
Has thanked: 152 times
Been thanked: 212 times
Age: 48

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by chop983 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:48 am
Speaking of facts, here's a summary of them regarding this topic, which was posted on page 86:


drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:57 am
"Much of this topic is just fantasy without any background knowledge."

I have no idea what this comment means, as these facts have been made plain in the course of the discussion:

- Elvis adored the song "Tiger Man"
- Elvis listened to KDIA Radio, knew the disc jockeys and the music
- Elvis attended the KDIA Benefit shows in 1956 and 1957
- Sam Phillips made acetates of unreleased songs cut by Elvis for disc jockeys to preview on-air
- The majority of the small combo songs rehearsed or done live in June 1968 are from 1954-1957
- Elvis rehearsed "When It Rains It Pours" with the small combo in June 1968, in 1983 a Sun recording of it was released
- Elvis rehearsed and performed "Tiger Man" live in June 1968
- The 1968 performance was issued on LP in November 1968
- The 1968 performance was seen on national TV in August 1969
- Elvis performed, at minimum, EIGHT stand-alone live versions of "Tiger Man" in August 1970
- Each of these had pointed, serious introductions of it as his "second record"
- More "second record" introductions where he sings "Tiger Man" are found on sporadic live recordings in 1971-1972
- There are no known, stand-alone live versions of "Mystery Train" from July 1969 to June 1977
- No other introductions are known of Elvis calling something a "second record" that exclude a performance of "Tiger Man"

All of these things deserve serious consideration, but if you believe this is "just fantasy" I cannot agree.

Do we have a list of these songs?

PiersEIN
Posts: 1986
Registered for: 18 years
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 1273 times

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by PiersEIN »

chop983 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:48 am
Speaking of facts, here's a summary of them regarding this topic, which was posted on page 86:


drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:57 am
"Much of this topic is just fantasy without any background knowledge."

I have no idea what this comment means, as these facts have been made plain in the course of the discussion:

- Elvis adored the song "Tiger Man"
- Elvis listened to KDIA Radio, knew the disc jockeys and the music
- Elvis attended the KDIA Benefit shows in 1956 and 1957

- Sam Phillips made acetates of unreleased songs cut by Elvis for disc jockeys to preview on-air
- The majority of the small combo songs rehearsed or done live in June 1968 are from 1954-1957
- Elvis rehearsed "When It Rains It Pours" with the small combo in June 1968, in 1983 a Sun recording of it was released
- Elvis rehearsed and performed "Tiger Man" live in June 1968
- The 1968 performance was issued on LP in November 1968
- The 1968 performance was seen on national TV in August 1969
- Elvis performed, at minimum, EIGHT stand-alone live versions of "Tiger Man" in August 1970
- Each of these had pointed, serious introductions of it as his "second record"
- More "second record" introductions where he sings "Tiger Man" are found on sporadic live recordings in 1971-1972
- There are no known, stand-alone live versions of "Mystery Train" from July 1969 to June 1977
- No other introductions are known of Elvis calling something a "second record" that exclude a performance of "Tiger Man"

All of these things deserve serious consideration, but if you believe this is "just fantasy" I cannot agree.

Do we have a list of these songs?
Are we still banging on about this ridiculous fairytale!

The thing that now bothers me is that as far as I was aware between 1956 and 1958 Elvis attended the Memphis WDIA Benefit shows / Goodwill reviews.
Not station KDIA that the "fact man" is stating above.
If it was station KDIA then someone better tell Peter Guralnick and Ernst Jorgensen as their books are factually incorrect.

As far as I am aware KDIA is a Californian based radio station that was bought in the late 50s by Memphis' WDIA.

With this on-going discussion we need FACTS.
and as people say the FACTS are all there in the EIN Spotlight.

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/Did-Elvis-record-Tiger-Man-At-Sun.html

Cheers
Piers
User avatar

jeanno
Posts: 3398
Registered for: 17 years 5 months
Location: Murcia (España)
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 534 times

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by jeanno »

Elvis mentioned it too many times to be just a joke: that 1954 recording (demo, rehearsal, outtake, whatever) plus the 1955 pied pipper film and the 1969 rehearsal are probably the holy grails of Elvis Presley's music.
User avatar

jetblack
Posts: 4092
Registered for: 16 years 8 months
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Has thanked: 4651 times
Been thanked: 3755 times

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by jetblack »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:41 am
And Elvis makes the statement again, and again, and again, in a series of live performances of "Tiger Man" ALL BY ITSELF.
Yet we KNOW 'Tiger Man' was NOT Elvis second record. That would be 'I'll Never Stand In Your Way' / 'It Wouldn't Be The Same (without you)'. Or technically 'That's When Your Heartaches Begin' being the second song cut at 706 Union Avenue in July 1953.
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:41 am
Yet, at the beginning of this same summer 1970 engagement, not to mention the summer 1969 shows, Elvis used "Tiger Man" in a medley with "Mystery Train," another Sun number.

These facts are not mere coincidences. They are pertinent to the discussion.

A medley does not constitute the proof you are seeking.

We are very lucky a couple of super-fans taped these August 1970 shows or we would not have the evidence of the MAN himself doing this. It was not a single, "off the cuff" comment.

But, of course, the naysayers have not devoted any time to the discussion which I began here on August 24, 2010.

Every critique you see on this page alone has already been made several times, and credibly and completely refuted. Pages 1-87 are there for anyone to read, anytime they wish.

But these one-sentence complainers aren't about the debate. Or the fact that Elvis was serious in this example.

They're mad that they didn't find this first. They're jealous that a crucial part of Elvis' Sun history was given a very bright light by another forum member.

Too bad.
It is not a debate if you always think you are always right.

The FACTS speak for themselves:-

In 66 years since Elvis left Sun Records NO-ONE has corroborated anything you say regarding this song.

Sam Phillips, Marion Keisker, Scotty Moore and many more who were at Sun never mentioned it. In all those years there is zero paperwork.

Elvis off the cuff remark (of which he made many) is not to be taken seriously.

I'll deal with those facts not fantasy.

Andy
Elvis - King of the UK charts
User avatar

pmp
Posts: 3758
Registered for: 2 years
Has thanked: 543 times
Been thanked: 2953 times

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by pmp »

jeanno wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:31 am
Elvis mentioned it too many times to be just a joke: that 1954 recording (demo, rehearsal, outtake, whatever) plus the 1955 pied pipper film and the 1969 rehearsal are probably the holy grails of Elvis Presley's music.
And how many times did he tell the story about the underground 8mm film in 1969 shows. It surely couldn't be a joke if he mentioned that many times, right? So, do you believe that, too?
Accused of being "a nerd in his 20s." I wish.

DEH
Posts: 5041
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 957 times

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by DEH »

One of the theories is that Someone reminded Elvis in August 1970 of something to make him think it was his second record. If that was the case why would Elvis have not remembered that? Maybe because he had a faulty memory about his own career or maybe because it was not true. This just goes round and round. :)
User avatar

Domino
Posts: 3616
Registered for: 5 years 2 months
Has thanked: 1723 times
Been thanked: 1346 times

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by Domino »

pmp wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:45 pm
jeanno wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:31 am
Elvis mentioned it too many times to be just a joke: that 1954 recording (demo, rehearsal, outtake, whatever) plus the 1955 pied pipper film and the 1969 rehearsal are probably the holy grails of Elvis Presley's music.
And how many times did he tell the story about the underground 8mm film in 1969 shows. It surely couldn't be a joke if he mentioned that many times, right? So, do you believe that, too?
Right for a short time in 1969 his monologue bit included the 8mm film ,but then it was gone .Never returned.
But the second record bit returned 2 years later and amazingly was the same record that was being called the second record.
This poor singer with the faulty memory was able to recall part of his monologue when all he had to do was remember the lyrics to his songs.Or maybe it wasn't recalling part of his monologue. Maybe he was recalling a memory .A memory that never changed from year to year.

Maybe all he did wrong was leave out the words "was going to be" .
8) "Well sir,to be honest with you,we just stumbled upon it." - 1954
Image
ImageImage

DEH
Posts: 5041
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 957 times

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by DEH »

But the second record talk did not start until mid August 1970.
User avatar

Domino
Posts: 3616
Registered for: 5 years 2 months
Has thanked: 1723 times
Been thanked: 1346 times

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by Domino »

DEH wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:35 pm
But the second record talk did not start until mid August 1970.
The point is he could have picked any number of records to be the second record but he didn't.When he mentioned the second record years after mid 1970 it was still Tiger man.
He discarded monologues and changed parts of monologues but the second record bit remained the same .
Why couldn't he get that out of his head ?
8) "Well sir,to be honest with you,we just stumbled upon it." - 1954
Image
ImageImage
User avatar

Topic author
drjohncarpenter
Posts: 98960
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 10457 times
Been thanked: 24294 times
Age: 86

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by drjohncarpenter »

pmp wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:14 am
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:00 am
Didn't you self-publish a book on Elvis' music? If so, you better delete that post quick.

I won't bother with most of your comments, as they are your usual mix of error and speciousness. Most of your attacks have already been made in the previous pages here already, and each has been thoroughly and completely dismissed.

Yes. And it's well-researched ...


:D
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!
User avatar

Topic author
drjohncarpenter
Posts: 98960
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 10457 times
Been thanked: 24294 times
Age: 86

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Spellbinder wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:25 am
pmp wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:40 am
The second record introductions also mean nothing - unless you're going to believe everything Elvis said on stage.


non sequitur


:D
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!
User avatar

Topic author
drjohncarpenter
Posts: 98960
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 10457 times
Been thanked: 24294 times
Age: 86

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by drjohncarpenter »

chop983 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am
Do we have a list of these songs?


Do we? Yup. Try reading the previous pages of this discussion, instead of wasting bandwidth.
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!
User avatar

Topic author
drjohncarpenter
Posts: 98960
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 10457 times
Been thanked: 24294 times
Age: 86

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by drjohncarpenter »

jeanno wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:31 am
Elvis mentioned it too many times to be just a joke: that 1954 recording (demo, rehearsal, outtake, whatever) plus the 1955 pied pipper film and the 1969 rehearsal are probably the holy grails of Elvis Presley's music.


Correct. Thank you.
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!
User avatar

Topic author
drjohncarpenter
Posts: 98960
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 10457 times
Been thanked: 24294 times
Age: 86

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by drjohncarpenter »

jetblack wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:29 pm
Yet we KNOW 'Tiger Man' was NOT Elvis second record. That would be 'I'll Never Stand In Your Way' / 'It Wouldn't Be The Same (without you)'. Or technically 'That's When Your Heartaches Begin' being the second song cut at 706 Union Avenue in July 1953.

Wrong.

You should leave this discussion as, AGAIN, it is evident you have not bothered to read this discussion topic.

You're just blowing hot air and wasting our time.

You may excel at these two things, but that doesn't mean anyone else appreciates it.
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!
User avatar

Topic author
drjohncarpenter
Posts: 98960
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 10457 times
Been thanked: 24294 times
Age: 86

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Domino wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:57 pm
Right for a short time in 1969 his monologue bit included the 8mm film ,but then it was gone .Never returned.

But the second record bit returned 2 years later and amazingly was the same record that was being called the second record.

This poor singer with the faulty memory was able to recall part of his monologue when all he had to do was remember the lyrics to his songs.Or maybe it wasn't recalling part of his monologue. Maybe he was recalling a memory .A memory that never changed from year to year.

Maybe all he did wrong was leave out the words "was going to be" .


Maybe you're using too much facts and logic for the handful of jealous naysayers here. :D




Domino wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:59 pm
DEH wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:35 pm
But the second record talk did not start until mid August 1970.


The point is he could have picked any number of records to be the second record but he didn't.When he mentioned the second record years after mid 1970 it was still Tiger man.

He discarded monologues and changed parts of monologues but the second record bit remained the same .

Why couldn't he get that out of his head ?


Careful, you're going to blow too many minds with your facts and observations.

They so wish they could have found this subject, and amplified it for all good fans worldwide. The evidence was always right there.

But none of them ever did. None of them ever noticed. None of them ever made the connection.

Until this topic, created by someone else.

:smt006
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

DEH
Posts: 5041
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 957 times

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by DEH »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:06 pm
Domino wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:57 pm
Right for a short time in 1969 his monologue bit included the 8mm film ,but then it was gone .Never returned.

But the second record bit returned 2 years later and amazingly was the same record that was being called the second record.

This poor singer with the faulty memory was able to recall part of his monologue when all he had to do was remember the lyrics to his songs.Or maybe it wasn't recalling part of his monologue. Maybe he was recalling a memory .A memory that never changed from year to year.

Maybe all he did wrong was leave out the words "was going to be" .


Maybe you're using too much facts and logic for the handful of jealous naysayers here. :D




Domino wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:59 pm
DEH wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:35 pm
But the second record talk did not start until mid August 1970.


The point is he could have picked any number of records to be the second record but he didn't.When he mentioned the second record years after mid 1970 it was still Tiger man.

He discarded monologues and changed parts of monologues but the second record bit remained the same .

Why couldn't he get that out of his head ?


Careful, you're going to blow too many minds with your facts and observations.

They so wish they could have found this subject, and amplified it for all good fans worldwide. The evidence was always right there.

But none of them ever did. None of them ever noticed. None of them ever made the connection.

Until this topic, created by someone else.

:smt006
Because so much of what Elvis said on stage was either BS or incorrect. And plenty of proof has been given. ::rocks ::rocks
User avatar

Topic author
drjohncarpenter
Posts: 98960
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Location: United States of America
Has thanked: 10457 times
Been thanked: 24294 times
Age: 86

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by drjohncarpenter »

DEH wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:11 am
Because so much of what Elvis said on stage was either BS or incorrect. And plenty of proof has been given. ::rocks ::rocks


You excel at being wrong, and arrogantly so.

I wish you'd share this skill this on another forum, though.

:smt006
.
Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

DEH
Posts: 5041
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 957 times

Re: Elvis Recorded "Tiger Man" At Sun --> Mystery Solved ?

Post by DEH »

Ladies and Gentlemen. The most requested song from Blue Hawaii...The Hawaiin Wedding Song. Uh huh. :)