Registered for: 15 years 10 months
Mood:

Re: Bad news...I have cancer.updated Thursday 1st April 2021 hospitalized

Post by keninlincs »

rlj4ep wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:09 am
keninlincs wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:38 pm
Another rough day today i was unable to swallow either food or water so i have been hospitalised and placed on a drip for food and liquids,i will be i over the easter holiday and should be having surgery ot Tuesday to put a stent into my gullet as mine is so tight nothing can get through.
I am so sorry for this set back Ken. While I'm sure this is not what you were hoping for, you are receiving the care you need for this moment. And by receiving that care now, hopefully sets you up to be able to take a step forward. Keep listening to the music and enjoy some of those movies you mentioned to Hugh.
Continuing daily prayers for you my friend. Stay strong. We are here for you!!
Thanks Jim,these minor setbacks just make me more detemined to prevail!

-instagram kenh1964

rocknroller
Registered for: 21 years

Post by rocknroller »

So sorry to hear your sad news Ken. i will think and pray for you my friend. i hope all goes well and stay safe

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t

Lexie1973
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by Lexie1973 »

Damn it Ken....not what you (and us) hoped for. Silver lining maybe: you now can flirt with all the nurses all day long, if the movies not working out for you

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A202F met Tapatalk

Alex

Topic author
keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

rocknroller wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:58 pm
So sorry to hear your sad news Ken. i will think and pray for you my friend. i hope all goes well and stay safe
Thanks ,Pat.Nice to hear from you,hope you and the family a keeping well!

-instagram kenh1964

Topic author
keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

Lexie1973 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:20 am
Damn it Ken....not what you (and us) hoped for. Silver lining maybe: you now can flirt with all the nurses all day long, if the movies not working out for you Image

Thanks Alex,at least they are giving me plenty of nutrients and calories through a drip so i feel much better even after just 2 days,and yes the scenery is very pleasant on the eye.

-instagram kenh1964

rocknroller

Post by rocknroller »

keninlincs wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:21 pm
rocknroller wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:58 pm
Thanks ,Pat.Nice to hear from you,hope you and the family a keeping well!
All good Ken cheers mate

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t

ForeverElvis

Post by ForeverElvis »

ForeverElvis wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Saw the oncologist today about my recent scan and was pleased to hear that the two tumors in my liver have only grown a little bit without any treatment.I am starting chemotherapy on monday 22nd of march i will be taking tablets twice a day and a drip infusion every 3 weeks consisting of cisplatin and herceptin and another drug that i forgot the name of .So fingers crossed the side effects wont be too brutal.
Excellent news Ken.
Keep up the good spirits.
Think positive and TCB as Elvis might have said.

If I could slightly hijack the topic and ask if everyone would be kind enough to also keep my wife, Cheryl in your prayers. She has been suffering from a large growth on her ovaries the last 6-7 months. The earlier tests indicated very small chance its cancerous. She has more surgery prep tests next week and finally hysterectomy surgery on the 31st. We won’t know until they biopsy what they remove if there is cancer or not.

Need all the help I can get, I have a teen and a young adult at home that I’ll have to deal with, LOL, plus the house. All the while not being able to be in the hospital with Cheryl.
A quick update from me
My wife’s surgery was a success, she is home recovering now. Doctors did find something else which they have to investigate. Hopefully, it will turn out to be nothing and no further surgery will be necessary.

We will know in 2-3 weeks if what was removed is cancerous, the doctor doesn’t think so, but pathology has to test.

On a side note, I went to hospital on Thursday via ambulance. Light-headed, slurred speech, passed out. Kids called 911. Nothing found; no heart issue (had heart attack years ago), no stroke, nothing in blood work. Have to wear a heart monitor for a 24 hr period.

The doctor thinks it might be
Vasovagal syncope (vay-zoh-VAY-gul SING-kuh-pee) which occurs when you faint because your body overreacts to certain triggers, such as lack of food, emotional distress. It may also be called neurocardiogenic syncope.

The vasovagal syncope trigger causes your heart rate and blood pressure to drop suddenly. That leads to reduced blood flow to your brain, causing you to briefly lose consciousness.

So, I guess I had a fainting spell because I missed lunch!

Always Elvis
Anthony

Topic author
keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

Speedy recovery to the both of you Anthony and Cheryl.

-instagram kenh1964

Tang Lungs side kick
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by Tang Lungs side kick »

Horrible that people have to go thru these ordeals :(

ForeverElvis

Post by ForeverElvis »

keninlincs wrote:Speedy recovery to the both of you Anthony and Cheryl.
Thanks Ken, positive thoughts and best wishes to you and your family.

Always Elvis
Anthony

rickeap
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by rickeap »

keninlincs wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:24 pm
Lexie1973 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:20 am
Damn it Ken....not what you (and us) hoped for. Silver lining maybe: you now can flirt with all the nurses all day long, if the movies not working out for you Image

Thanks Alex,at least they are giving me plenty of nutrients and calories through a drip so i feel much better even after just 2 days,and yes the scenery is very pleasant on the eye.
Good to hear Ken and best wishes.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

keninlincs wrote:
Another rough day today i was unable to swallow either food or water so i have been hospitalised and placed on a drip for food and liquids,i will be i over the easter holiday and should be having surgery ot Tuesday to put a stent into my gullet as mine is so tight nothing can get through.
I'm sorry to hear of your bad news, Ken.

I do think, however, you're a fighter to have made it this far. And that you'll make it through this round too. As someone else has said in this thread, though, your hair still looks better than mine.

:smt002

ForeverElvis

Post by ForeverElvis »

ForeverElvis wrote:
ForeverElvis wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Saw the oncologist today about my recent scan and was pleased to hear that the two tumors in my liver have only grown a little bit without any treatment.I am starting chemotherapy on monday 22nd of march i will be taking tablets twice a day and a drip infusion every 3 weeks consisting of cisplatin and herceptin and another drug that i forgot the name of .So fingers crossed the side effects wont be too brutal.
Excellent news Ken.
Keep up the good spirits.
Think positive and TCB as Elvis might have said.

If I could slightly hijack the topic and ask if everyone would be kind enough to also keep my wife, Cheryl in your prayers. She has been suffering from a large growth on her ovaries the last 6-7 months. The earlier tests indicated very small chance its cancerous. She has more surgery prep tests next week and finally hysterectomy surgery on the 31st. We won’t know until they biopsy what they remove if there is cancer or not.

Need all the help I can get, I have a teen and a young adult at home that I’ll have to deal with, LOL, plus the house. All the while not being able to be in the hospital with Cheryl.
A quick update from me
My wife’s surgery was a success, she is home recovering now. Doctors did find something else which they have to investigate. Hopefully, it will turn out to be nothing and no further surgery will be necessary.

We will know in 2-3 weeks if what was removed is cancerous, the doctor doesn’t think so, but pathology has to test.

On a side note, I went to hospital on Thursday via ambulance. Light-headed, slurred speech, passed out. Kids called 911. Nothing found; no heart issue (had heart attack years ago), no stroke, nothing in blood work. Have to wear a heart monitor for a 24 hr period.

The doctor thinks it might be
Vasovagal syncope (vay-zoh-VAY-gul SING-kuh-pee) which occurs when you faint because your body overreacts to certain triggers, such as lack of food, emotional distress. It may also be called neurocardiogenic syncope.

The vasovagal syncope trigger causes your heart rate and blood pressure to drop suddenly. That leads to reduced blood flow to your brain, causing you to briefly lose consciousness.

So, I guess I had a fainting spell because I missed lunch!
Had a scare tonight.
My 18 year old Son was attacked while out walking earlier this evening (not even dark at the time) by a group of five 13-14 year olds with an Air Pistol.

He is unharmed.

He caught the kid off guard holding the pistol by hitting him across the face with his skateboard. Two others jumped him but he managed to stay on his feet, took half a dozen punches to his face. Alex got some punches in. They took off when some passersby intervened.

Police were called, Alex was checked out at the hospital and given a clean bill of health. There’s hope of apprehension as he picked one guys face on Instagram as the one Alex rearranged via skateboard.

I’m glad he’s ok, and I hope they catch the little bastards before they hurt someone. But, he should have given up his phone and wallet to minimize the chance of being injured or worse.

What a thing to happen. It’s sure been an eventful week.

The funny story today was I went to the grocery store, upon leaving I popped my trunk and put my bags in, tried to sit in the drivers seat and hit my head, the seat was different.

I had put my groceries into someone else’s car!!!!

I had the store page the Licence # and a young couple appeared. Once he validated my story I got my groceries back. He turned to his wife and said “ I told you to lock the car!”

Always Elvis
Anthony

Topic author
keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

elviscollector101 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:34 pm
Prayers for you Ken , I am 43 and found out last year I had Colon Cancer . The Lord has Blessed me beyond measure.I Pray for you for a Speedy Recovery and I know how tough it can be. i wIsh you all the Best . Randall
Thanks Randall,im feeling much better now i am in hospital on a drip and generally being looked after.i am expecting to be out by next Friday 10th.April,in the meantime im enjoying the rest ,and the movies ,music and books that i am lucky enough to have with me.(Thanks to member Andrew J for the book ,its great!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-instagram kenh1964

latebloomer
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by latebloomer »

Ken, your dauntless Can Do determination thru the ups and downs of your days is flabbergasting and inspiring.

[Himself is a retired Seabee, a member of the US Naval Construction Battalion. Their motto is Can Do. Himself and I nominate you as an honorary Seabee.)

Paged back to 15 March: Not only have you brought all of us to your side to reinforce your dauntless courage and persistence, but you've given others among us an opening to let us know they're wrestling devils of their own:

rickeap/Rick, how did your bronchoscopy go? You have not said.
ForeverElvis/Andrew, if one more thing lands on your plate, you'll be entitled to march into the street and scream your head off in sheer frustration, yet, like Ken, you still can muster a wry attitude toward it all. Amazing.
elviscollector101/Randall, your plate is pretty full, too, yet you give thanks. Awesome.

Ken, by letting us know about your fight, you've helped every one of us to stiffen our own spines, drawn us all into a community of love, hope, and prayer, and helped us to look after each other. These days, all around the world, we're reexamining our takes on the differences among us. You've helped us to remember that whatever separates us is insignificant when compared to what we all share: our hope for good health, a reasonable amount of safety and security, a better life for our kids than we've had.

You've reminded us that when life gets tough, all we ever have is each other. That's a magnificent accomplishment. Thanks, Tiger.

Hang on tight. I believe you Can Do anything!

Nancy

Topic author
keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

Thanks Nancy
I amm honored to be a honarary seabee,and yes i decided early on that positivity was the way forward for me.Ì vowed to my wife and family and oncologist i would never give in to this evil and i would show it who is the boss,it still thinks that it is in charge of me,i beg to differ!

-instagram kenh1964

Topic author
keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:55 am
keninlincs wrote:
I'm sorry to hear of your bad news, Ken.

I do think, however, you're a fighter to have made it this far. And that you'll make it through this round too. As someone else has said in this thread, though, your hair still looks better than mine.

:smt002
Thanks Brian,the hair has thinned a little so far ,but still a good amount left at the moment!

-instagram kenh1964

AndrewJ
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Post by AndrewJ »

keninlincs wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:50 pm
elviscollector101 wrote:
Prayers for you Ken , I am 43 and found out last year I had Colon Cancer . The Lord has Blessed me beyond measure.I Pray for you for a Speedy Recovery and I know how tough it can be. i wIsh you all the Best . Randall
Thanks Randall,im feeling much better now i am in hospital on a drip and generally being looked after.i am expecting to be out by next Friday 10th.April,in the meantime im enjoying the rest ,and the movies ,music and books that i am lucky enough to have with me.(Thanks to member Andrew J for the book ,its great!)

Glad you're enjoying the book Ken! Take care of yourself and hope you get back home soon.

Topic author
keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

AndrewJ wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:47 am
keninlincs wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:50 pm
elviscollector101 wrote:

Glad you're enjoying the book Ken! Take care of yourself and hope you get back home soon.
Cheers Andrew!

-instagram kenh1964

Topic author
keninlincs
Mood:

Re: Bad news...I have cancer.updated Friday 9th April 2021 News

Post by keninlincs »

Just a quick update from my hospital bed,i have been on a drip all wèk to give me nutrients an to keep me hydrated while i cannot swallow,this morning i had a stent placed in my oesophagus to open up the stricture therefore allowing me to eat and drink again,hopefully after 48 hours of observations i may be allowed home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-instagram kenh1964

elvislady1964
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by elvislady1964 »

Great news Ken...keep spirits high. :D

Welcome To My World!
https://www.youtube.com/user/elvislady
Do Something Worth Remembering...... Elvis Presley

Thank You
Jeanette

Lexie1973

Post by Lexie1973 »

Great smile Ken! Good to see that!

Alex

Topic author
keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

elvislady1964 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:08 pm
Great news Ken...keep spirits high. :D
Thanks Jeanette,it felt good to enjoy a coffee,after a week of nothing!

-instagram kenh1964

Topic author
keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

Lexie1973 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:30 pm
Great smile Ken! Good to see that!
Thanks Alex,days go easier with a smile!

-instagram kenh1964

Topic author
keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

Greystoke wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:00 pm
I bet that coffee tasted great, Ken. I hope you're able to get home over the weekend. That would be a positive step.
I actually couldnt believe just how good it was,yes home would be good,staying in a private room is a little claustrophobic at times!

-instagram kenh1964