Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden ( Various Mix Appreciation Topic)

Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years

Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden ( Various Mix Appreciation Topic)

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

Take your pick and listen carefully with the headphones.

Topic author
Walter Hale 4

Re: Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden ( Various Mix Appreciation Topic)

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

Topic author
Walter Hale 4

Re: Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden ( Various Mix Appreciation Topic)

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

eligain
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Post by eligain »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:06 am
Walter, this was very interesting! The quad version sounded great but it should be missing some of the sound info since we are only hearing it on 2 tracks instead of the 4 as it is intended for. I noticed on the quad version of "That's All Right", the intro guitar is not heard. That new 2 album pressing sounds good. Have there been any rereleases of the quad versions with the full album?

Topic author
Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

eligain wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:56 am
Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Walter, this was very interesting! The quad version sounded great but it should be missing some of the sound info since we are only hearing it on 2 tracks instead of the 4 as it is intended for. I noticed on the quad version of "That's All Right", the intro guitar is not heard. That new 2 album pressing sounds good. Have there been any rereleases of the quad versions with the full album?
Not that i'm aware of.

Yes i agree with you about the quad mix.

Mate, It's been my pleasure to find and post this great concert album in differing mixes, easily my favorite of the Elvis RCA live albums in his lifetime 8)

eligain
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Post by eligain »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:24 am
eligain wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:56 am
Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Not that i'm aware of.

Yes i agree with you about the quad mix.

Mate, It's been my pleasure to find and post this great concert album in differing mixes, easily my favorite of the Elvis RCA live albums in his lifetime 8)
Yeah, one of my favorite albums and the 3rd Elvis album I bought. I still remember the night I found it at Kmart in 1973 and playing it for the first time. Always loved the cover picture. It's too bad it didn't have the same back picture from the actual show like the Japanese release.