Lisa Marie has passed away

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator5, Moderator3, Site Mechanic

Beale
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: Lisa Marie has passed away

Post by Beale »

Thank you to the people who run the site for updating the Photo on the home page of the forum. Very thoughtful.

memphis-bell31
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by memphis-bell31 »

This is very sad news indeed, RIP LMP

stranger
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by stranger »

Very sad.
R.I.P Lisa Marie..

jomies
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by jomies »

R.I.P.
She will be loved forever! :smt049

Mississippi slim
Registered for: 2 years 6 months

Post by Mississippi slim »

Terrible news. Rest in peace Lisa. She's with her son and father now.

Mississippi slim
Registered for: 2 years 6 months

Post by Mississippi slim »

rockinray wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:13 pm
We have to wonder now what will happen to GRACELAND. Lisa owned it but now she has gone who takes over, does it revert back to Priscilla or will it go to Riley ?
Not important at all. Condolences to the family.

Marko
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Post by Marko »

Terrible news. My heart goes out to her family specially her daughters.

RIP Lisa Marie

"I've learned very early in life, without a song, the day would never end. Without a song, a man ain't got a friend. Without a song, the road would never bend, without a song. So I'll keep on singing the song."

Jaime1234
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Jaime1234 »

The Washington Post has reported, a minute ago, that she will be buried in close proximity to her son, at Graceland. I still cant believe she is no longer with us.

Marko
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Post by Marko »

Terrible news. My heart goes out to her family specially her daughters.

RIP Lisa Marie

"I've learned very early in life, without a song, the day would never end. Without a song, a man ain't got a friend. Without a song, the road would never bend, without a song. So I'll keep on singing the song."

gilles-tcb
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Post by gilles-tcb »

Very sad news, I'm thinking about her family and her mother now, it is a very difficult moment for all of them. I was born 3 month before Lisa Marie, and so I imagine what can be the pain of a family when you lose somebody from this age.
Rest in peace, Lisa Marie !

You've never walked in that man's shoes or seen things through his eyes
Or stood and watched with helpless hands while the heart inside you dies
So help your brother along the road no matter where you start
For the God that made you, made them too, these men with broken hearts

Tygrrius
Registered for: 3 years 3 months

Post by Tygrrius »

Still in a state of shock. Praying for her loved ones.

TY (Hardly Relevant)

The Mystery Train Elvis Blog
Exploring the music and films of Elvis Presley

Gary Crawford
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by Gary Crawford »

So incredibly sad. When I watched Lisa in her interview at the globes on Tuesday next to Jerry I had the most horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that something like this was just around the corner. Hoped it wouldn't be the case but it just seemed that she had reached a stage that the pain for her was Insurmountable. During the divorce when it was revealed she had an opiate addiction you could see the health impact on her physically and mentally but there was still hope with the right help she would manage to turn things around. However, after her son died it really did feel that it was just one mountain too much to climb for her. I think she really did give life her best shot and tried not to trade off her name and become like so many celebrity children who often have this huge sense of entitlement. Lisa, I actually think on the whole you did your Dad proud, you never really hurt anyone (other than maybe yourself) and you tried so hard to live your life with dignity and preserve the dignity of your Father. Rest now Lisa.

Vegas Nights

ForeverElvis
Registered for: 21 years 6 months

Post by ForeverElvis »

Always Elvis
Anthony

LesterB
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by LesterB »

🙏🏻

JUST FOR TODAY

whatsupdoc
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by whatsupdoc »

Lisa Marie Presley with David Bowie and Keith Richards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tinseltown
Registered for: 1 year 10 months

Post by tinseltown »

I never gave her much thought in all those years.
My feeling towards her were neutral, although I liked that she didn't exploited Elvis for her own gain.
So i never had really bad or good feelings about her.
And i watched her while Austin gave his Golden Globes speech and I thought "wow, she looks old".
But I didn't saw the interviews she gave and the pictures on the red carpet she gave until this morning after her death.
And that with the knowledge of her death made me sad. Seeing her unstable shuffling around and being helped by Jerry. And the look on her face. Just barely able to make it through.
That hit me. To see her in such a bad shape.
She was suffering. And that makes me sad.
The only comfort I feel on that part of her dying is that I take comfort in the thought that her mother and maybe Jerry were on her side while she took her last breath. No one should die alone and it is my conviction that a dying person feels somehow the presence of a loved one while dying, even if it is unconscious.
The pictures of her suffering face haunted me all day.
I always thought that in 20 years she will be the only real close person who will still be there of the Elvis thing.
It wasn't to be and it is shocking to hear her dying so unexpected.
It's always too soon.
No matter the age.
It bothers me a bit to hear about the way it happened. And that it happened.

DakotaKid
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Post by DakotaKid »

RIP, Lisa Marie.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

With Vernon,Elvis+ Lisa Marie all dying from heart attacks surely the obvious question is "was it hereditary?" Also i wonder would their be a Lisa Marie autopsy or is it confirmed it was a major heart attack?
Still very sad she only lived 12 more years than her father's age and particularily sad that she did not look to well recently, but thank goodness she was sort of living with her family.Sad and may she rest in peace. When I met her in Hornsby in 2014 she was small built and incredibly shy/suspicious meeting anyone for a photo.

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Jokerlola
Registered for: 13 years 11 months

Post by Jokerlola »

rockinray wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:13 pm
We have to wonder now what will happen to GRACELAND. Lisa owned it but now she has gone who takes over, does it revert back to Priscilla or will it go to Riley ?
I think Lisa minimally ran Graceland anyway and Priscilla was still really in charge and will just continue to be. But you have to wonder what happens after Priscilla goes? Riley seems to have a good head on her shoulders so she will hopefully continue it but once Cilla is gone, those in charge will not have had any personal connection to Elvis, the house and it's contents and everything archived. This of course was going to eventually happen but with Lisa dying first, it's happening about 20 to 30 years sooner than it would have.

brian
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by brian »

Jokerlola wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:54 am
I think Lisa minimally ran Graceland anyway and Priscilla was still really in charge and will just continue to be. But you have to wonder what happens after Priscilla goes?
Graceland was still owned by Lisa and I believe it will probably be passed on to her daughters. I believe Graceland will still be open for tours because it still makes a lot of money. I don't know if Lisa's daughters will ever sell Graceland because their brother Ben is buried there and their mother Lisa will be buried there. Lisa Marie sold EPE in 2004 to Robert Sillerman and since 2013 it has been owned by Authentic brands group. They run it not Lisa or her family. Joel Whineshaker will continue to run it because they own EPE. I believe business will continue on as usual.
Last edited by brian on Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by BrianTCB »

YDKM wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:35 am
With Vernon,Elvis+ Lisa Marie all dying from heart attacks surely the obvious question is "was it hereditary?" Also i wonder would their be a Lisa Marie autopsy or is it confirmed it was a major heart attack?
Still very sad she only lived 12 more years than her father's age and particularily sad that she did not look to well recently, but thank goodness she was sort of living with her family.Sad and may she rest in peace. When I met her in Hornsby in 2014 she was small built and incredibly shy/suspicious meeting anyone for a photo.
The main question, I think, is: could there be an underlying hereditary genetic heart condition or defect that has gone undiagnosed throughout the family?

Not an apologist of the lifestyle by any means, but Vernon didn't do drugs or anything like that and he still died of a heart attack and he died at 63, relatively young.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

Indeed , oddly in Australia her death was news on Friday, but by Saturday it is not even a headline anymore!

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Sodman
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by Sodman »

My wife saw the photos of her at the Golden Globe a few days ago and said she does not look good at all, and I kind of said "Yes, but she is not young anymore, etc." I guess my wife (who is not an Elvis fan) saw it much clearer than me. So sad! So unnecesserary!

No matter how far down the wrong road you've gone, TURN BACK!

jurasic1968
Registered for: 12 years 2 months

Post by jurasic1968 »

Well, Jesse Presley, Vernon's father died at 77 years old and Minnie Mae, Elvis's grandma died at 90 years old. Elvis' uncle Vester died at 83 years old. Billy Smith is alive at 80 years old. So I don't think it was an underlying hereditary genetic heart condition or defect that has gone undiagnosed throughout the family.

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by BrianTCB »

jurasic1968 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:29 am
Well, Jesse Presley, Vernon's father died at 77 years old and Minnie Mae, Elvis's grandma died at 90 years old. Elvis' uncle Vester died at 83 years old. Billy Smith is alive at 80 years old. So I don't think it was an underlying hereditary genetic heart condition or defect that has gone undiagnosed throughout the family.
Gladys' parents both died very young, and her father died very unexpectedly and suddenly, so it could be something hereditary from the mother's side.

Gladys' father died early - very unexpectedly and suddenly - 58
Gladys' mother died early from sickness - 59
Gladys died early - 46
Elvis died early - 42
Vernon died early - 63
Lisa Marie died early - 54

Some sudden cardiac event causing death has happened to just about everybody in that mother's lineage: Gladys.