Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: Baz Luhrmann`s Elvis film

Post by Jaime1234 »

Most recent video numbers for "Elvis"

Domestic DVD Sales...................................... $6,552,463
Domestic Blu-ray Sales................................ $7,770,753
Total Domestic Video Sales...............................$14,323,216

The new tallies for DVD sales, for all films and TV prpgrams up to July 23, 2023 are yet to be announced. Once they are announced, I shall post here the new totals.

Streaming wise, the film has jumped tp #6 on OSN, a platform I didnt even know existed. Accordng to a google search,

What is OSN streaming?

OSN+ is a streaming service that offers the latest and best Hollywood hits with exclusive content from HBO, Paramount+, and other world-renowned studios, as well as OSN+ Originals and regional productions

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/osn/world/2024-03-25/

On a couple of side notes, "Priscilla" fell to #44 on HBO Max worldwide and is now #8 in the US. after a couple of months at #1 in the US. "Wonka" has that stop spot now, everywhere. "Masters of the Air" is now #2 at Apple TV shows.

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

VIDEO SALES up date

Up to July 16, 2023

Domestic DVD Sales...................................... $6,552,463
Domestic Blu-ray Sales................................... $7,770,753
Total Domestic Video Sales...............................$14,323,216

Up to July 23, 2023

Domestic DVD Sales............................. $6,557,643 up $5,200
Domestic Blu-ray Sales.......................... $7,770,753 no data shown.
Domestic Video Sales ................................$14,328,396 New total without Blue ray talles for the week of July 23, 2023.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Elvis-(2021)#tab=summary

Steaming wide, "Elvis" steady at #6 on the OSN platform.

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/osn/world/2024-03-26/

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by jurasic1968 »

Thanks.

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

Accoding to the NUMBERS; "Straight outta Compton" is the top grosser, DOMESTICALLY; as far as music biopic about american musicians. "Elvis" is the top grosser, also DOMESTICALLY, about a solo musician.

Worldwide, "Elvis" is the top grosser, of any bio made, about a group of US musicians, or by a solo US musician. "Elvis" also beats anyone else music biopics, UK soloists or bands of musicians included, except for "Bohemian Rhapsody", which deals with a UK band and its frontman,}. No matter how one wished to twist it, it was not a biopic about a solo musician. A frontman and the greatest that ever was? Yes, but that is never the same thing as a SOLO ARTIST

Six much celebrated music biopics about as many american musicians.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custom-comparisons-extended/Elvis-%282021%29/Ray-%282004%29/Walk-the-Line/Straight-Outta-Compton/Doors-The/Great-Balls-of-Fire#tab=day_by_day_comparison

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

"Elvis " domestic and worldwide grosses do very well when compared with those of other biopics focussing on musical artists who were NOT born on US soil, namely those 4 members of Queen plus Elton John who were born in the UK, then Freddy Mercury, who was born in Zamzibar, now Tanzania, plus the only one in Jamaica, Bob Marley (when it was a UK protectorate in 1945), then by one born in Australia, David Helfgott and, finally by still another, my favouroite female singer of all time, the French national Edith Piaf.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custom-comparisons-extended/Mome-La/Elvis-(2021)/Bob-Marley-One-Love-(2024)/Bohemian-Rhapsody-(2018)/Rocketman-(UK)-(2019)/Shine#tab=day_by_day_comparison
l

TheKingOfMusicEP
Registered for: 2 years 4 months

Post by TheKingOfMusicEP »

I have to watch the Little-Richard-I-Am-Everything-(2023)

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by emjel »

What’s the point of the comparison? The Marley movie had a lower budget and much lower marketing costs too, and the movie has done okay. Marley does not have the same kind of fan following or fan worshipping that Elvis does and Marley fans wouldn’t have gone to see the movie multiple times like lots of Elvis fans did. And the movie didn’t have the director coming out with little promises like ‘keep the movie in the theatres as long as you can and I’ll put some unseen footage out on social media platforms’.

But I guess you’ll try any tactic to keep this thread going.

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

robbie
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by robbie »

emjel wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:44 am
What’s the point of the comparison? The Marley movie had a lower budget and much lower marketing costs too, and the movie has done okay. Marley does not have the same kind of fan following or fan worshipping that Elvis does and Marley fans wouldn’t have gone to see the movie multiple times like lots of Elvis fans did. And the movie didn’t have the director coming out with little promises like ‘keep the movie in the theatres as long as you can and I’ll put some unseen footage out on social media platforms’.

your keeping the thread going well, for those who went to see the film more than once would hardly make a difference, do you think many more went to see Top Gun more than once ?
The Marley movie done okay but the Elvis not okey right ?

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by emjel »

robbie wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:26 am
emjel wrote:

your keeping the thread going well, for those who went to see the film more than once would hardly make a difference, do you think many more went to see Top Gun more than once ?
That would be 13 posts this year including this one against 40 from the member I was questioning. Hardly indicative with keeping the thread going when we know we will get weekly updates of home media sales from 9 months ago, box office comparison sales for the Marley movie until that runs its course and then any other titbit of somewhat irrelevant info relating to the thread. And all of that, regardless of whether follow up contributions from myself, others or even yourself were and are made.

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

robbie
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by robbie »

emjel wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:06 pm
robbie wrote:
emjel wrote:

That would be 13 posts this year including this one against 40 from the member I was questioning. Hardly indicative with keeping the thread going when we know we will get weekly updates of home media sales from 9 months ago, box office comparison sales for the Marley movie until that runs its course and then any other titbit of somewhat irrelevant info relating to the thread. And all of that, regardless of whether follow up contributions from myself, others or even yourself were and are made.
i'm glad you find the topic interesting

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

robbie wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:35 pm
emjel wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:06 pm
robbie wrote:
emjel wrote:

i'm glad you find the topic interesting
The interesting thing to note as well, is the realization, after at least 300 mega negative comments from a minuscule group of members, in this and in numerous other threads in this here forum, that one or even two of its members have managed to live rent free, so to speak, inside their otherwise brilliant minds, brains, and thoughts out of hundreds who rightly so, either dont read their messages, or even when they do so, just move on, thus paying no mind............

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

Latest up date on "Elvis" video sales.

DVD Sales................................................ $6,562,823 up from $6,557,643
Blu-ray Sales............................................ $7,770,753 NA.
Total Video Sales....................................... $14,333,576 up from $14,328,396

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Elvis-(2021)#tab=summary

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

Elvis enters at #7 in Italy's Netflix chart (not HBO Max's,wjhere it weas initiailly offered, but one which streams a lot less than Netflix),

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/italy/

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

lATEST UP DATE FOR ELVIS VIDEO SALES UP TO 6 AUGUST 2023

DVD Sales............................................. $6,568,003 UP 6GRAND
Blu-ray Sales...................................... $7,770,753 NO CHANGE
Domestic Video Sales............................ $14,338,756 UP 6GRAND FROM $14,333,576
Last edited by Jaime1234 on Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

One love debunks Rocketman as #5 domestic music biopic in cinema hostory. Elvis steafy at #3.

https://www.billboard.com/lists/top-grossing-music-biopics-movies/rocketman-2019/

TheKingOfMusicEP
Registered for: 2 years 4 months

Post by TheKingOfMusicEP »

robbie wrote:
emjel wrote:

There are always people who watch a movie they like more than once in the cinema. I bet the Top gun movie is cult enough for many of his fans to see it more than once.
What does it matter in the end? It does matter it brings in money and makes people who love it happy.
I always watch Elvis whenever he comes with a positive movie in the cinema. I saw "That´s The Way it is" many times, Baz film "Elvis" often and whenever I am in an airplane and this movie is on the list than I watch it again. "This is Elvis" I watched 2 times at the same day.
How many times did Beatles fans watch one of their movies? How many times did fans watch their idol Bieber in the movies? How many times did Star Wars fans watch Episode 4, 5 + 6?
What happened at The time when "Elvis" was shown in the cinemas and now still on streaming is that many people who never were into Elvis music that much now likes Elvis. This movie was/is very good for Elvis image. Yes I know many people will go on and forget about the movie, but it leave a good feeling about Elvis.
Many people when they hear the name James Dean, than they have an image in their head (the Teen idol,the rebel and the great actor), even if they not remember his movies.

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

Last edited by Jaime1234 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

Someone says, I forgot who, that Marley "does not have the same kind of fan following that Elvis does". That is an assumption that carries little weight. Here's proof via the brand new, 2024 "Phantom" ranking of the top ARTISTS born in the 20th Century (1901-2001), with Marley at #7 and Elvis at #17.

Of those in the above ARTIST list who were born on US soil, here's how they rank, with Elvis now at #9.

Finally, as far as rankings of people whose main occupation was to be a SINGER as opposed to being a MUSiCIAN who was, or is also, a SINGER or say, a COMPOSER, and thus for a period in excess of 5,500 years (3,500 BC to 2023), it's still Elvis at #1. Here is where Elvis has no peer in the annals of recorded history, as a SINGER. Michael Jackson tops the all time MUSICIANS category, and Ludwig VB that of the COMPOSERS.

https://pantheon.world/explore/rankings?show=people&years=-3501,2023&occupation=SINGER

https://pantheon.world/explore/rankings?show=people&years=-3501,2023&occupation=MUSICIAN

https://pantheon.world/explore/rankings?show=people&years=-3501,2023&occupation=COMPOSER

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

Late but nevertheless worthwhile review

https://garhwalpost.in/two-iconic-musicals-chamkila-elvis/

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

What could constitute thre worst possible news for Baz Luhrmann¿s critics here on this forum? This.

https://ew.com/baz-luhrmann-planning-elvis-presley-concert-film-met-gala-8644394

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

What could constitute the worst possible news for Baz Luhrmann's critics here on this forum? This news from him about "Thats the way it is" and "Elvis On Tour" And he said it at the MET, an event which was twice as celebrated, this year, as for the first time EVER, there were protesters having zero to do with the business of the MET, everywhere near the venue.

https://ew.com/baz-luhrmann-planning-elvis-presley-concert-film-met-gala-8644394
Last edited by Jaime1234 on Tue May 07, 2024 5:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.

jurasic1968

Post by jurasic1968 »

High Hopes that this project comes to life.

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

jurasic1968 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 4:23 pm
High Hopes that this project comes to life.
I wonder if he will leave out the most "dated" portions of both "That's the Way it is" and "Elvis On Tour". We fans need new footage, yes, but would find it better if the footage chosen doesnt look out of place today. in what he says, or in what he does. Leave them out totally.

No "blow jobs, "Horny", flowery shirts,in TTWII, his face totally pale, etc in EOT, I saw both movies in cinemas when they came out and had the shock of my life when I saw the opening for "Elvis on Tour", inspite of being ten feet away from him at the Boston Garden in November of 1971 where he looked FINE. He looked bad in that tour,which was shot after Boston, but before the NY Press Conference where again he looked fine.

Since "EOT" had the Sullivan and movie flashbacks, as well as the NY Press conference, it was even more embarrasing when you saw how he looked for example, backstage on the night he used the red jumpsuit. All of those things were acceotable to us fans because he was alive. But 54 years after, I hope Baz is super "picky" on what he chooses to be seen in a concert film. I hope San Antonio, on April 18, 1972, which was the best, he looked healthy, sounded great, can carry the "On Tour" segment,

jurasic1968

Post by jurasic1968 »

Despite of being the best musically concert filmed on the April 1972 tour, physically he looked bad in Hampton Roads, unfortunately.