10 minute 3 camera version of the NY Press Conference 72'

Post by PEP »

For a number of years I've had a eleven minute forty
eight second version of the twenty two minute forty
seven second NY Press Conference which was put
together using different camera angles.

I wanted to post exactly what I had on YouTube,
however you are limited to ten minutes, so I had
to shave a minute and forty eight seconds...
Anyway her it is.......

Here's a little trivia I found in the April 1973
"Strictly Elvis" no.60 issue about Elvis' four
shows at the Garden....

PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elvisonline
Registered for: 21 years 5 months

Post by elvisonline »

I haven't watched that for ages. That was cool, cheers for that. Wouldn't it be great if they'd release the whole 22 minute press conference in the best sound/picture quality. Goddamit people are dying before they see quality stuff like this. I'm only 31, and its a sad world when I, even at my age, do not think i will be seeing this stuff and stuff like it in my lifetime.

All of the loyal Elvis fans that have passed away before seeing Aloha and '68 Comeback in the quality that we have just had. On Tour, well, I am sick of begging for it. I don't want crappy bootleg out-takes I just want the real thing, the best it can be. There's 4 or more complete concerts out there that are unreleased. Just imagine what just one of those concerts and that press conference would do for Elvis' image. He was amazingly handsome (I am not gay) in that New York press conference, just oozing class.

I suppose I should be happy with what we have but there's always that craving for just a little more........I think i am an addict!

elvisonline

'She asked me if I could be there by three. I was there by the time she hung up the phone'

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Why couldn't you just do a "Part 2" for the remainder ? :lol:

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

Thanks Pep, great stuff. He was so sharp during this press conference, answering the more difficult questions with ease, especially the part with the songwriters and such.

elvisonline

Post by elvisonline »

As another great performer once said....

'I WANT IT ALL, I WANT IT ALL, I WANT IT ALL

.......AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!'

elvisonline

'She asked me if I could be there by three. I was there by the time she hung up the phone'

Justin

Post by Justin »

Does anyone remember during This is Elvis when they showed a clip of this press conference during when the female reporter asks Elvis a political questions (I think about Vietnam)? It went like this...

"Honey i tend to keep my own personal views to myself...i'm just an entertainer...I'd rather not say..."

The reporter then asks:
"Do you think other entertainers should keep their own views to themselves?"

"No...I can't even say that..."

But in the movie...they cut Elvis off and just have him say "No." That's it. just "No." But there's more to that quote! His answer is implying that other entertainers SHOULD/MUST talk about politics and controversial subjects---except him. He sounds like a jerk!

It's a HUGE misquote! Now through seeing the complete footage..we see Elvis answer "no I can't even say that..." that he preferred not to speak on behalf of any entertainers and their position on controversial subjects!

Whenever I saw that clip I'd be shocked and confused as to why Elvis resonded that way..but now I know through editing--he was greatly misquoted.

Spanish_Eyes
Registered for: 20 years 3 months

Post by Spanish_Eyes »

I also remember the bit when someone (a female reporter) asks "Is your wife Priscilla with you"? And Elvis stands as shocked or disturbed for just a second and answers "No, she's not" When does this happen in the press conference?

terbon4

Post by terbon4 »

Does anybody remember the vinyl release that Buddha Records (I thnk that's who it was) put out back in the 70s this conference on it? I don't think it was on the market very long--the cover had Elvis on one side and Mick Jaggaer on the other.

Did it have the entire press conference on it?

T

Scott Haigh 781990EP
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by Scott Haigh 781990EP »

There are many things in full that i, and the public, even the bootleg world, have'nt released yet

Next year, for the 30th anniversary i want to hear:

complete MSG press conference
Don't think twice, its allright -unedited
Good time Charlie- unedited/undubbed master
Merry christmas baby- unedited/undubbed master

Oh yeah, and on the subject of MSG, i'd love to see the original album get a damn good sound upgrade

I'm like a stranger, like a stranger in my own hometown
My so called friends stopped being friendly, oh but you can't keep a good man down

http://www.myspace.com/musicprisoner