Behold, "Elvis Presley The Searcher" --> HBO Trailer!

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Brian Quinn
Registered for: 21 years 4 months

Re: Behold, "Elvis Presley The Searcher" --> HBO Trailer!

Post by Brian Quinn »

Whilst I am looking forward to viewing the documentary it appears that the 3CD album soundtrack is not going to do very much chart-wise if at all. With eleven days to go it is No.452 on the Amazon (UK) Chart and No.660 on the Amazon (USA) Chart. Further, I am not very impressed with the non-Elvis tracks on Disc 3. I only like three or four of them. However, as usual, I will still buy it.

Personally I am more interested in the 'Elvis as you have never heard him' album scheduled for an August release.

Brian

TINML
Registered for: 21 years 3 months

Post by TINML »

Brian Quinn on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:04 pm wrote:Whilst I am looking forward to viewing the documentary it appears that the 3CD album soundtrack is not going to do very much chart-wise if at all. With eleven days to go it is No.452 on the Amazon (UK) Chart and No.660 on the Amazon (USA) Chart. Further, I am not very impressed with the non-Elvis tracks on Disc 3. I only like three or four of them. However, as usual, I will still buy it.

Personally I am more interested in the 'Elvis as you have never heard him' album scheduled for an August release.

Brian
Any idea what that August release consists of ?
And I hope the Searcher soundtrack picks up steam once the show airs on HBO.

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
Samain on March 26th, 2018, 5:21 pm wrote:Spent yesterday afternoon re-watching 4+ hours of Elvis By The Presleys. I couldn't believe how well it sits as a prequel to the HBO special, which concentrates on Elvis the musician whereas Elvis By The Presleys is all about Elvis the man.

Priscilla and Jerry both feature prominently, with Jerry at one point saying "Elvis was a searcher. He was searching all his life."

Watching it just reminded me why I love this guy so much!
That "term" that is so often used lately since the HBO doc, is not new :roll:. When the "Elvis By the Presleys" documentary was released in 2005, they included a whole chapter on it called: "Elvis: The Seeker"! :facep:. Bye for now :smt006.

Last edited by Mike Windgren on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

a mess of polk salad
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Location: I've been a millionaire since I was 21, it's just a hobby to me...

Post by a mess of polk salad »

Brian Quinn on Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:04 pm wrote:Whilst I am looking forward to viewing the documentary it appears that the 3CD album soundtrack is not going to do very much chart-wise if at all. With eleven days to go it is No.452 on the Amazon (UK) Chart and No.660 on the Amazon (USA) Chart. Further, I am not very impressed with the non-Elvis tracks on Disc 3. I only like three or four of them. However, as usual, I will still buy it.

Brian
It's not been released yet...?

The moment we're living is now, now now now now now ...

sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by sweetangeline »

Brian Quinn wrote:Whilst I am looking forward to viewing the documentary it appears that the 3CD album soundtrack is not going to do very much chart-wise if at all. With eleven days to go it is No.452 on the Amazon (UK) Chart and No.660 on the Amazon (USA) Chart. Further, I am not very impressed with the non-Elvis tracks on Disc 3. I only like three or four of them. However, as usual, I will still buy it.

Brian
...the reality is that these two releases should not be mentioned in the same post if you get my drift :wink:

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

Greystoke wrote:I'm sure the CD release that accompanies The Searcher will find an audience on the back of HBO’s special when it airs. However, its commercial prospects will only reflect the audience the documentary will reach. In this regard, it's highly unlikely to be the success the RPO releases have been. Although it may reach higher on the Billboard 200 than in the U.K. Especially when the reissue of Close Up is being released on the same day. But its availability in conjunction with the special is paramount, because its existence creates an avenue for interested viewers to explore.
...I think it will be a consistent seller throughout the year but I don`t expect huge chart action...but feel Sony will be happy with the sales figures come year end...would be nice if it sparked a new theme series along the lines of "ELVIS PRESLEY THE HIDDEN GEMS VOL.1" :wink:
Last edited by sweetangeline on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

Greystoke wrote:Any promotional work Priscilla does will also be an asset. She's a great ambassador for Elvis when she's visible, and she certainly has been of late.
...yes I would agree...when considering all things you certainly have to give her credit for sure!!

DEH
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by DEH »

Priscilla does do a good job promoting Elvis. she is well spoken. she presents a classy image. and she was with Elvis for a long time and in important periods in Elvis' life.the general public know who she is. she is the best person for the job really. some fans would prefer Lisa but lisa would be only able to tell you so much for obvious reasons. not to mention in the last few years her life has been a disaster. would not be a good idea. I think Jerry does a pretty good job too.

Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

They do a slick, professional job. Probably too slick for the hardcore fans who can see through the razzamatazz but that's showbiz and that's the nature of the game.

Fabbe

Post by Fabbe »

I hope it hasn't been posted before:

"An artist like Elvis is actually pretending, when he’s home, to be normal. And when he goes out on stage at night is who he actually is." — Bruce Springsteen

steve in SC

Post by steve in SC »

Samain on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:32 am wrote:
DEH on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:04 am wrote:Priscilla does do a good job promoting Elvis. she is well spoken. she presents a classy image. and she was with Elvis for a long time and in important periods in Elvis' life.the general public know who she is. she is the best person for the job really. some fans would prefer Lisa but lisa would be only able to tell you so much for obvious reasons. not to mention in the last few years her life has been a disaster. would not be a good idea. I think Jerry does a pretty good job too.
Despite what some may say, I think Priscilla also comes across as quite sincere in her attempts to keep Elvis in the public eye and for him to be seen in a positive light. If it wasn't for her, who knows where we would be. As Greystoke said, she is a great ambassador for Elvis, and I agree.
Wholeheartedly agree with you Samain!!

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Samain on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:32 am wrote:
DEH on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:04 am wrote:Priscilla does do a good job promoting Elvis. she is well spoken. she presents a classy image. and she was with Elvis for a long time and in important periods in Elvis' life.the general public know who she is. she is the best person for the job really. some fans would prefer Lisa but lisa would be only able to tell you so much for obvious reasons. not to mention in the last few years her life has been a disaster. would not be a good idea. I think Jerry does a pretty good job too.
Despite what some may say, I think Priscilla also comes across as quite sincere in her attempts to keep Elvis in the public eye and for him to be seen in a positive light. If it wasn't for her, who knows where we would be. As Greystoke said, she is a great ambassador for Elvis, and I agree.
Sincere for sure.

DEH
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by DEH »

Austin is apparently a great place to visit. I wish I had gone for the movie festival in general. there were a few music acts playing there at the time I would have liked to have seen too. and it is where Dazed and Confused was filmed. its one of my favorite movies and you can take a tour of the filming locations.

TINML

Post by TINML »

It seems to be blocked in the US :/

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

Deleted User 1099

Post by Deleted User 1099 »

Does anyone know when this documentary has its video release date, preferably on the BD format?

karlos
Registered for: 19 years 9 months

Post by karlos »

@Kid Jensen yes I too would like to know the dvd release date to this documentary in its entirety to accompany the cd sets thats being released shortly
It would be a great one to enter the charts to get Elvis back to the number one slot where he belongs
Post note
I wish that the If I Can Dream and The Wonder Of You cd releases had the same initiative back then
Looking forward to the new cd release and news of the new documentary Elvis The Searcher :smt006

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

Ken Jensen wrote:Does anyone know when this documentary has its video release date, preferably on the BD format?
...has not been mentioned....but I`d bet money we will see it later this year!! :D

elvis4life
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Post by elvis4life »

Fabbe on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:09 am wrote:I hope it hasn't been posted before:

Yes it was posted 3/21: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=100835

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
sweetangeline on March 30th, 2018, 2:51 pm wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:Does anyone know when this documentary has its video release date, preferably on the BD format?
...has not been mentioned....but I`d bet money we will see it later this year!! :D
It may be ready for the Elvis Week this coming August! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

Mike Windgren wrote:It may be ready for the Elvis Week this coming August!
...maybe so...but if I was to guess I`m thinking just a tad later (Sept / Oct) to cash in on the holiday season...but hey who knows for sure :wink:

a mess of polk salad
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Location: I've been a millionaire since I was 21, it's just a hobby to me...

Post by a mess of polk salad »

sweetangeline on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:36 pm wrote:
...maybe so...but if I was to guess I`m thinking just a tad later (Sept / Oct) to cash in on the holiday season...but hey who knows for sure :wink:
I wonder...? Yes. Plus maybe additional ON TOUR outtakes as a bonus?

The moment we're living is now, now now now now now ...

StashuPandowski
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

Post by StashuPandowski »

If part one premieres on April 14, does anyone know when part two will be broadcast?

Johnny2523
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by Johnny2523 »

StashuPandowski on Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:03 pm wrote:If part one premieres on April 14, does anyone know when part two will be broadcast?
Both parts premiere april 14. One right after the other

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

OnStage55
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Mood:

Post by OnStage55 »

TINML on Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:53 pm wrote:It seems to be blocked in the US :/
I downloaded it from the EP-Facebook page for US members. :wink: https://www.facebook.com/elvis/videos/10156279144513792/

stevelecher

Post by stevelecher »

a mess of polk salad on Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:56 pm wrote:
sweetangeline on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:36 pm wrote:
I wonder...? Yes. Plus maybe additional ON TOUR outtakes as a bonus?
Highly unlikely.