More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator5, Moderator3, Site Mechanic

brian
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: Lisa Marie has passed away

Post by brian »

YDKM wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:50 am
Also do we just accept she died from a heart attack and that is the complete end of it?
I would like to know what exactly caused her cardiac arrest but we may never know. Maybe we will find out more about it at some point or we may not. The cause of Lisa's death may remain a mystery forever. If it never becomes known what caused it then everyone will have to accept that. That's beyond our control.

brian
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by brian »

I always expected Lisa to live a very long life and I'm extremely saddened that it didn't happen. Things in the Elvis world don't seem as important with Lisa gone now. I'm not feeling as passionate about things in the Elvis world with Lisa gone. Does any of that matter now that Lisa is gone. I don't think it does.

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by Cryogenic »

brian wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:03 am
I always expected Lisa to live a very long life and I'm extremely saddened that it didn't happen. Things in the Elvis world don't seem as important with Lisa gone now. I'm not feeling as passionate about things in the Elvis world with Lisa gone. Does any of that matter now that Lisa is gone. I don't think it does.
I kinda feel the same way, Brian. It's probably just our own grief/sadness talking. Elvis is pretty much a daily fixture in my listening habits, but I've stopped listening for the time being. I think we all need a while to process this.

It's certainly the case, however, that Elvis' people -- friends, family, associates, peers -- are slipping away from us, from one year to the next; just as his entire world and epoch are gradually receding. This is bound to alter our perceptions and perhaps change our attachment to EP in some way.

Nothing lasts forever and the only constant is change. But you know what? A part of my brain refuses to accept those platitudinal balms. I somehow want to be defiant to the end:

"I cannot believe that the inscrutable universe turns on an axis of suffering; surely the strange beauty of the world must somewhere rest on pure joy!" (Louise Bogan)

Those aliens better get working on a quantum resurrection machine or reveal that this whole universe is a simulation pretty soon. Hey, I claim the right to believe they exist, and we may all meet again -- "Don't know where, don't know when..."
Last edited by Cryogenic on Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eligain
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by eligain »

brian wrote:
I get what you are saying. It kind of casts a pall over everything.

tinseltown
Registered for: 1 year 10 months

Post by tinseltown »

Don't worry, soon people will coming around the corner and asking about the release of EIC, since now EPE doesn't need to be concerned about Lisa' s feelings anymore. :(

Beale
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by Beale »

eligain wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:14 pm
brian wrote:
I understand that. The night the news broke I was sad, thinking of her and what she went through and this happening right after celebrating Elvis' birthday in Memphis on the 8th, and going to the birthday celebration with Austin Butler and others, and then going to watch the Golden Globes. How quickly things happened. Yesterday I distracted myself playing Elvis movie sound tracks, wasn't about to try to listen to any down type of music (makes me more sad when somethings wrong If I do this). I felt better, but then last night I was laying down to go to sleep and thought about Graceland and about how sad its going to be going there next time and her being there. I know there is no right time to pass away, when our number is called that's it. But man, it hurts she was taken so soon. *sorry for ramble* You guys are the only ones I really can talk to about stuff like this.

Beale

Rob
GodFather of FECC
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by Rob »

eligain wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:14 pm
brian wrote:
I don't agree. I think it matters more.

This morning, I sat down and watched a candle burn as I listened to the latest Straight Arrow release. I listened to the reaction of the crowd as Elvis appeared during the opening vamp that day back in June 1976. He had the crowd eating out of his hand and he gave them a pretty good show.

I say that to say this. When Elvis died, some thought it didn't matter anymore. He was gone. But it did matter. The music was still here. The music will always be here. We are still hearing shows we've never heard before. The same with Lisa. We will definitely miss her. We know what she meant to her father. We know what she meant to the Elvis world. She was here. The things she did will always be remembered.

To me, things in the Elvis world now matter more than they ever did. As those around Elvis leave us, it makes it more important that they were here and the memories we have of them are cherished forever. Yes, this is a sad thing, but we go on. Thanks to many of the things that Lisa did, we will continue to go on.

I appreciate Lisa for a lot of things. Most of all, I thank her for being the bright spot in her father's life for nine years, and then protecting his legacy until her last breath.

God bless her. It still matters.

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

Mississippi slim
Registered for: 2 years 6 months

Post by Mississippi slim »

brian wrote:
I can understand what you mean. But she looked after her father's legacy with passion and love. I put on an Elvis record after I heard the news, in honor of Lisa Marie Presley. Let's all honor her by keep listening to her father's most important legacy of all: the music.

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

Linda Thompson has publicly commented and talks of their 50 year bond they shared , including a recent 'Love you Linda' recent text.

Elvis Presley’s ex Linda Thompson ‘devastated’ by Lisa Marie’s death

Elvis Presley’s ex-girlfriend Linda Thompson said she was “absolutely devastated and shocked” to hear about Lisa Marie Presley’s sudden death.

“I was so happy to see her at Graceland to celebrate what would have been Elvis’ 88th birthday, and then, of course, at the Golden Globes,” Thompson, 72, told People Friday.

“She seemed to be on a more positive trajectory emotionally after the unfathomable loss of her beloved son, Benjamin,” she continued, referring to Lisa Marie’s late son, Benjamin Keough, who died by suicide in July 2020 at the age of 27.

Thompson, who dated Elvis from 1972 to 1976, shared that she and Lisa Marie had remained in contact since the King of Rock and Roll’s death.

“Lisa and I kept in touch off and on for all these years — most recently by text,” she told the magazine. “In fact, the very last text to me was a simple ‘Love you, Linda’ with a heart emoji.”

Thompson remembered Lisa Marie being “so much like her daddy,” who was 42 when he died in August 1977.

“It was uncanny,” she explained. “[Lisa Marie] had his deep, soulful eyes, his pouty lip and his raucous, irreverent sense of humor. She was a beautiful contradiction like Elvis … complicated in her simplicity.”

Thompson added, “She was brutally honest, straightforward, loving and loyal. I don’t think there was a phony cell in her body. I believe she lived her life authentically.”

The former actress began dating Elvis shortly after he separated from Lisa Marie’s mother, Priscilla Presley. Thompson recounted being the first person Lisa Marie called after Elvis died when the “Lights Out” singer was just 9 years old.

“I will always be profoundly grateful to the little 9-year-old Lisa Marie, who had the presence of mind to call me from Graceland the fateful day her daddy died to give me the news,” she said. “I was the first person she called. To me, that spoke volumes of how close we were, and how sure she was of my love for her daddy.”

Thompson continued, “In fact, if there is any solace to be found now, it’s in my knowing that Lisa Marie was sure I loved her and her daddy without reservation and without any agenda.”

Thompson also reminisced on the former couple’s time together.

“When Lisa was a little girl, I played Santa Claus to her four times at Christmas, and I was the Easter bunny on Easter, hiding eggs around Graceland,” she said.

Thompson noted that they shared other memories, like taking bubble baths together, Lisa Marie telling her “little girl secrets” and that “after she was grown, she wanted to introduce me to her loves.”

“She, Michael Jackson and my family all spent time together in New York,” the songwriter said, referring to Lisa Marie’s second husband.

“She brought Nicolas Cage to my house for me to meet him and get my opinion,” she added of Lisa Marie’s third husband.

Lisa Marie was also married to Danny Keough from 1988 to 1994, with whom she welcomed daughter Riley and son Benjamin, and to Michael Lockwood from 2006 to 2021, with whom she welcomed twin daughters Finley and Harper.

“[Lisa Marie] came to several of my parties, and on one occasion, her daughter Riley insisted upon sleeping over at my house,” Thompson recounted. “She was about 9 years old then herself, so Lisa Marie let her have a sleepover. Those are all precious memories for me.”

https://pagesix.com/2023/01/13/elvis-presleys-ex-linda-thompson-reacts-to-lisa-maries-death/

rockinray
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by rockinray »

Just seen a clip of Lisa in an interview that she would never sell Graceland and when she goes it wiil be passed to her daughters, So i guess that answers the question full stop..

that aint tactics honey, thats just the beast in me...

Timo
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Timo »

Bon voyage to Lisa Marie and strength to her family. It`s a sad thing when one passes away in the prime of life. And especially excruciating for her mother and children, of course. However, if things are as I suspect, she`s now reunited with her dad, son and everybody else who has passed before her. So it would be happiness and joy for her and sadness for those that are still on this plane. Again, I wish the strength to her family to make it through this tragedy. Life indeed goes on (and has to), no matter what. And as the old saying goes, ”Omnia mutantur, nihil interit".

elvis-fan
Registered for: 21 years 6 months

Post by elvis-fan »

Boy when you stop and think about it, when Elvis passed, the world was a different place and nearly everyone from his world (with the exception of his mother) were still with us. He was with us for such a short time, it's like a new life began for him when he passed. I can honestly say I had some of the same feelings Thursday night that I did that fateful Tuesday back in '77... and I'm not really sure why. Maybe because of her connection with him and feeling so bad for what her family's been though... her twins and Riley losing their mother so young... but for a couple hours I was feeling pretty bad. I wish her family strength at this difficult time... God bless them all.

Jaime1234
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Jaime1234 »

Her death, shocking and regrettable as it is, and feels, solidifies even more my love for Elvis.
Last edited by Jaime1234 on Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

Live camera at Graceland. Somber but still a place to remember https://www.graceland.com/graceland-cam

BobDylan
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by BobDylan »

At the very least people should be comforted by knowing that her mental and physical pain are now over. For the most part (my opinion only) Lisa lived a pretty miserable life. Her dad died in a very public and embarrasing way, she had four failed marriages with the last divorce being particular nasty, the loss of her son from suicide, and her own struggles with drugs and adictions.

You add that to maybe not knowing who your real friends are, if any, because of who you are, and the constant demands from Elvis fans for pretty much everything. She had her own singing career but I'm sure she wondered if any success was because of being Elvis' daughter and the novelty factor or whether the public at large really liked her music.

She went through more in her 54, almost 55 years than most of us will deal with in a lifetime. To me the cause of death is immaterial. Who cares? I for one am glad, as sad as her death is, that she is finally in a peaceful place.

arnaudbxl
Registered for: 11 years 1 month
Mood:

Post by arnaudbxl »

I say this for years, often having to defend my pov with Elvis fans more than others : LMP was and still is a great artist and a one-of-a-kind songwriter. She really had a talent of her own and I hope something will be done regarding what she left behind.

I love LMP not because she was Elvis’daughter (that is just how I knew who she was) but because of her artistry and her personality. Her songs, right since her 2003 debuts, immediately hit it with me. The global melancholy that the listener can feel listening to her, her smoky voice, the real beauty of her melodies (Heartless, Forgiving, Just a dream, Sticks and stones, and so many others)…. Her work deserve a better attention.

If like me her death hurt you, if you wonder how you could pay tribute in such a sad time, just give LMP songs a chance and listen to her. Not to her father but to her. This would be the highest tribute you can pay.

lanadelslay
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by lanadelslay »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:31 am
jurasic1968 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:29 am
Well, Jesse Presley, Vernon's father died at 77 years old and Minnie Mae, Elvis's grandma died at 90 years old. Elvis' uncle Vester died at 83 years old. Billy Smith is alive at 80 years old. So I don't think it was an underlying hereditary genetic heart condition or defect that has gone undiagnosed throughout the family.
Gladys' parents both died very young, and her father died very unexpectedly and suddenly, so it could be something hereditary from the mother's side.

Gladys' father died early - very unexpectedly and suddenly - 58
Gladys' mother died early from sickness - 59
Gladys died early - 46
Elvis died early - 42
Vernon died early - 63
Lisa Marie died early - 54

Some sudden cardiac event causing death has happened to just about everybody in that mother's lineage: Gladys.
But Gladys was worried and died after that from substance abuse (alcohol). Elvis worked himself to death, was a huge superstar, too much responsibility, lost his mother who was his everything, then Vernon lost his son which seemed to have made his health deteriorate. Then Lisa Marie loses her dad which made her use substance abuse then her son and years later her health deteriorates. To me it's more a history of mental health issues & grief/tragedy than anything

Tomcat
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Tomcat »

arnaudbxl wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:56 pm
I say this for years, often having to defend my pov with Elvis fans more than others : LMP was and still is a great artist and a one-of-a-kind songwriter. She really had a talent of her own and I hope something will be done regarding what she left behind.

I love LMP not because she was Elvis’daughter (that is just how I knew who she was) but because of her artistry and her personality. Her songs, right since her 2003 debuts, immediately hit it with me. The global melancholy that the listener can feel listening to her, her smoky voice, the real beauty of her melodies (Heartless, Forgiving, Just a dream, Sticks and stones, and so many others)…. Her work deserve a better attention.

If like me her death hurt you, if you wonder how you could pay tribute in such a sad time, just give LMP songs a chance and listen to her. Not to her father but to her. This would be the highest tribute you can pay.
I do, I‘m listening to Storm & Grace, I think it‘s a wonderful album. I wanted to buy it this morning, which is 10 hours ago here, but the only CDs abailable were on ebay for three or four hundred Euro, so I bought it on iTunes, have nothing in the hand, but i‘m listening to beautiful melancholic music.

LSP-4445
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Post by LSP-4445 »

lanadelslay wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:19 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:
Well, Jesse Presley, Vernon's father died at 77 years old and Minnie Mae, Elvis's grandma died at 90 years old. Elvis' uncle Vester died at 83 years old. Billy Smith is alive at 80 years old. So I don't think it was an underlying hereditary genetic heart condition or defect that has gone undiagnosed throughout the family.
Gladys' parents both died very young, and her father died very unexpectedly and suddenly, so it could be something hereditary from the mother's side.

Gladys died early - 46
Elvis died early - 42
Vernon died early - 63

Some sudden cardiac event causing death has happened to just about everybody in that mother's lineage: Gladys.
But Gladys was worried and died after that from substance abuse (alcohol). Elvis worked himself to death, was a huge superstar, too much responsibility, lost his mother who was his everything, then Vernon lost his son which seemed to have made his health deteriorate. Then Lisa Marie loses her dad which made her use substance abuse then her son and years later her health deteriorates. To me it's more a history of mental health issues & grief/tragedy than anything
I have never though of that as a factor for why Elvis died but I guess due to Elvis` very bad health in his final year a concert tour indeed was too much for him.
Much kudos to Springsteen that was approx 65 years old on his last tour and each concert was 3+ hours long.

FredAistair
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by FredAistair »

lanadelslay wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:

Gladys died early - 46
Elvis died early - 42
Vernon died early - 63

No, genetics suggest a likely heart condition, the rest is just noise.

california boy
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by california boy »

So Sad, im in shock , she was at Graceland just few days before her death :(
Prayers to Priscilla and her family.

Singer - Songwriter
First album :"INSPIRATION OF THE TRUTH" - July 2011
Including songs such as : "Baby i want you " , "The Sands of time" , "Sad Rain", "When i dream" , "Vanilla candle" and more....
the album available here :
Buy it from : http://cdbaby.com/cd/liorb
"SAD RAIN " - from my 1st album, here on the following link :

2nd Album just released Nov 2012 - "MOMENTS IN TIME" - features a Special Christmas song: "Happy White Christmas"
NEW Album released DEC 2014 - "POT OF GOLD " - LIOR B - to order a copy please contact me, ill ship worldwide !

Timo
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Timo »

A beautiful, beautiful song, thank you! Kinda reminds me of ol`Springsteen.

moonandback
Registered for: 8 years 10 months

Post by moonandback »

This is my favorite song from her.

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

At a luncheon, yesterday at the AFI

AFI CEO Bob Gazzale also took a moment to note that one table of honorees was grieving — a reference to those present on behalf of Elvis, including writer/director Baz Luhrmann and producer Gail Berman, who were attending the day after the sudden death of Lisa Marie Presley — and called for “a quiet moment of reflection.”

eligain
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by eligain »

FredAistair wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:26 pm
lanadelslay wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:
jurasic1968 wrote:

Gladys died early - 46
Elvis died early - 42
Vernon died early - 63

No, genetics suggest a likely heart condition, the rest is just noise.
And that is just noise too. We still don't know why her heart stopped yet. It could have been heart disease, a heart defect, a drug overdose, a reaction to medication, etc. There will likely be some announcement what the cause likely was but if the family decided to not do a autopsy, we may never know. Since there doesn't seem to be any foul play, it's up to the family whether they want to report the cause.

TMZ reported that the family said that she was being treated by a Dr. for an undisclosed condition and that she was on medication (not opioids). She had been complaining of severe stomach pains that morning. They said that she died after a second cardiac arrest in the ICU and the family had signed a DNR so no attempt to resuscitate was carried out after that second cardiac arrest.