More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Mike Windgren
Registered for: 21 years 4 months

Dionne Warwick met Elvis in 1969!.

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Just read in the news that Dionne Warwick met Elvis back in 1969 in Las Vegas at the opening show July 31st! 8). Don´t recall reading this on here, sorry if it was done.... :wink:.
"Oh my goodness. First of all, looking at that man was overwhelming," Warwick began. "I never seen a man that pretty in my life."
Have a nice reading on the press release. Bye for now :smt006.

https://us.yahoo.com/entertainment/dionne-warwick-overwhelmed-elvis-presleys-103027805.html

Dionne Warwick signed autographs at the opening of Elvis Presley's show at the International Hotel in Las Vegas, 1969.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Re: Dionne Warwick met Elvis in 1969!.

Post by Jaime1234 »

Many thanks and I will add it to my Facebook album on the return of Elvis Presley.
Last edited by Jaime1234 on Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lee Wood
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 2 years 9 months

Post by Lee Wood »

Mike Windgren wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:05 pm

Just read in the news that Dionne Warwick met Elvis back in 1969 in Las Vegas at the opening show July 31st! 8). Don´t recall reading this on here, sorry if it was done.... :wink:.
"Oh my goodness. First of all, looking at that man was overwhelming," Warwick began. "I never seen a man that pretty in my life."

https://us.yahoo.com/entertainment/dionne-warwick-overwhelmed-elvis-presleys-103027805.html

Dionne Warwick signed autographs at the opening of Elvis Presley's show at the International Hotel in Las Vegas, 1969.
She spoke about this on a recent TV programme that was shown in England.

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

Lee Wood wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:50 pm
Mike Windgren wrote:

She spoke about this on a recent TV programme that was shown in England.

Overwhelming it must have been, but gee, was she ever beautiful herself!! I saw her at our college and couldnt avoid to have, almost the entire concert, my eyes glued to my binoculars. What a pretty, likeable performer she was in that lovely 1970 night.

https://scontent.fmga3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/56862227_2612286062145990_653236299196530688_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=4dc865&_nc_ohc=pDXs8ra64p4AX9SpXsx&_nc_ht=scontent.fmga3-1.fna&oh=00_AfAQJEZhAU-cR6IUV-G2Qw675PQrblAXd5sZy1GAdNyR7Q&oe=65CE5B18

Axeman
Registered for: 19 years

Post by Axeman »

Lovely! I think her story of Elvis putting his photos in her albums is total nonsense, however.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years 4 months

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Mike Windgren wrote:
Hi there!!

Just read in the news that Dionne Warwick met Elvis back in 1969 in Las Vegas at the opening show July 31st!. Don´t recall reading this on here, sorry if it was done....
Have a nice reading on the press release.

Actually, Dionne Warwick wrote about meeting Elvis back in 2010, when she published My Life as I See It: An Autobiography.

There was a big discussion here about it back then. Among other things, she wrote that they actually met before that first show, during a stage rehearsal.

How did Dionne get that access? Besides being a big star, she was also a niece of Cissy Houston, the leader of Presley's backup soul quartet for that engagement, the Sweet Inspirations.

Her husband was actor Bill Elliot, who co-starred with Elvis in the just-completed "Change of Habit."

And she was opening a three-week engagement at the Sands Hotel on July 30th, the day before Presley's first show, so she was in town.

As a single woman, I could always spot a handsome man. Elvis Presley was one of the prettiest — yes, prettiest — men I had ever laid eyes on. Pictures and videos of him really didn’t do him justice. I once told Elvis he was pretty, and he said, “How about handsome?” I said, “No, you’re pretty.” He fell out laughing. I will also add that he was one of the nicest men I ever met. The Sweet Inspirations, a singing group that included my aunt Cissy, two of the Gospelaires, Myrna and Sylvia, and Estelle Brown, were part of the background group that toured with him. He opened at the Las Vegas Hilton [sic] the same week I opened at the Sands. I went to the Hilton [sic] to see my aunt Cissy during their sound check. Elvis was there, and Cissy introduced me to him. He let me know he was a fan of my recordings, and this was a wonderful thing to hear.

- My Life as I See It: An Autobiography, p. 99

So the current article you found is just her just re-telling these stories. It's hardly the "Best find this century," the information has been out there for nearly 14 years.

The photo is credited as the 7-31-1969 OS line at the International Hotel, and we can assume what Dionne did was catch Elvis' set and then go right back to the Sands to do her headlining gig that night "in the fabulous Copa Room."

'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Lee Wood
Registered for: 2 years 9 months

Post by Lee Wood »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:56 am
Mike Windgren wrote:
Hi there!!

Just read in the news that Dionne Warwick met Elvis back in 1969 in Las Vegas at the opening show July 31st!. Don´t recall reading this on here, sorry if it was done....
Have a nice reading on the press release.

Actually, Dionne Warwick wrote about meeting Elvis back in 2010, when she published My Life as I See It: An Autobiography.

There was a big discussion here about it back then. Among other things, she wrote that they actually met before that first show, during a stage rehearsal.

How did Dionne get that access? Besides being a big star, she was also a niece of Cissy Houston, the leader of Presley's backup soul quartet for that engagement, the Sweet Inspirations.

Her husband was actor Bill Elliot, who co-starred with Elvis in the just-completed "Change of Habit."

And she was opening a three-week engagement at the Sands Hotel on July 30th, the day before Presley's first show, so she was in town.

As a single woman, I could always spot a handsome man. Elvis Presley was one of the prettiest — yes, prettiest — men I had ever laid eyes on. Pictures and videos of him really didn’t do him justice. I once told Elvis he was pretty, and he said, “How about handsome?” I said, “No, you’re pretty.” He fell out laughing. I will also add that he was one of the nicest men I ever met. The Sweet Inspirations, a singing group that included my aunt Cissy, two of the Gospelaires, Myrna and Sylvia, and Estelle Brown, were part of the background group that toured with him. He opened at the Las Vegas Hilton [sic] the same week I opened at the Sands. I went to the Hilton [sic] to see my aunt Cissy during their sound check. Elvis was there, and Cissy introduced me to him. He let me know he was a fan of my recordings, and this was a wonderful thing to hear.

- My Life as I See It: An Autobiography, p. 99

So the current article you found is just her just re-telling these stories. It's hardly the "Best find this century," the information has been out there for nearly 14 years.

Maybe not to you, but to Jaime1234, it is.

The photo is credited as the 7-31-1969 OS line at the International Hotel, and we can assume what Dionne did was catch Elvis' set and then go right back to the Sands to do her headlining gig that night "in the fabulous Copa Room."

'