Lisa Marie Presley and Riley Keough's Book: From Here to the Great Unknown

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: FECC-Moderator, Moderator5, Moderator3, Site Mechanic

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Re: Lisa Marie Presley and Riley Keough's Book: From Here to the Great Unknown

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

interesting video by Elvis rare Photos, looks as though the feedback are in the main by Priscilla haters. But seriously what would you do if you're in her position?

You can say to take legal action is one thing but seriously let's look at what would it would have involved : Any legal case versus the Edwards sleaze could have taken years to get resolved , baring in mind Priscilla was in the middle of her film and TV career in that time frame. She , and Lisa, would have had to deal with and answer to the press.

Are You As Sad and Disgusted Over The Lisa Marie Memoir As I Am? YOUR CHANCE TO SPEAK!

Dan_T
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Dan_T »

DEH
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by DEH »

I think this is Priscilla's first appearance at Graceland since Lisa's funeral.

FJNC
Registered for: 1 year 3 months

Post by FJNC »

This is what Lisa Marie said in an interview in 2005:
This rhetoric against Priscilla does not affect the family at all. His granddaughters maintain a good relationship with their grandmother and also with their uncle Navarone (see the photo on Instagram of her nieces' last birthday). You can disagree with some decisions that Priscilla has made, especially in recent years, but I cannot understand the hatred shown towards her.

eligain
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by eligain »

FJNC wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2024 10:07 pm
This rhetoric against Priscilla does not affect the family at all. His granddaughters maintain a good relationship with their grandmother and also with their uncle Navarone (see the photo on Instagram of her nieces' last birthday). You can disagree with some decisions that Priscilla has made, especially in recent years, but I cannot understand the hatred shown towards her.
I knew I had heard these allegations by Lisa before and there’s this and her 2003 interview in Playboy where she mentions it. So I knew this wasn’t totally new information except that in this new book she does go further saying he did touch her and raped her.

And he and his daughter are denying it.

dougkapp
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Post by dougkapp »

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned. But what is the source of Lisa's memories used for this book? Did Lisa leave audio recordings or written diaries in which she recounts these events? Where does this information come from?
Tks.

brian

Post by brian »

dougkapp wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2024 11:26 pm
I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned. But what is the source of Lisa's memories used for this book? Did Lisa leave audio recordings or written diaries in which she recounts these events? Where does this information come from?
Tks.
Audio recordings. Lisa Presley had been working on this book since 2019.

Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

FJNC wrote:
good to know. Yes, i too cannot understand the Priscilla haters, not that i'm a fan, more neutral observer.
Maybe they all need a good kick in the head.

Topic author
Igotstung
Registered for: 10 months

Post by Igotstung »

No doubt the abuse had a profound effect on Lisa. But the book, to its credit, goes much beyond the "tell- all" ness that characterizes most memoirs. It goes beyond these undoubtedly shocking aspects of her life. I think that is more important here.

Alexander
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Alexander »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 1:32 am
Yes, i too cannot understand the Priscilla haters...
No understanding for it. Who are we to judge on Priscilla or even LMP? We have not "walked in their shoes". We did not have had to deal with that tremendous Elvis shadow hanging over the family or that genetic defect in the family that caused them so much grief over the decades. Most of us here on this forum are entitled to make our own mistake without having lime lights on us and without people exploiting our weaknesses all the time. We do not have a clue how it is to have to live their lives.
I read the book and what I read from it is that LMP was a fantastic mother who ultimately could not cope with all her demons. She had to carry all the circumstances (abuse, neglect, addiction) as an extra burden as she struggled to survive. What happened in that family was a tragedy. It's such a sad story. I think empathy for the entire family (including Priscilla) is at place here.

Walter Hale 4

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

what i find weird is that the Priscilla-Edwards relationship continued after the timeframe of his alleged physical-psychological abuses of Lisa-Marie. Someone earlier quoted direct from Lisa and Riley biography that she was abused at the hands of Edwards, more than once between the ages of 11-13 (1979-1981), right ?

But the relationship with Edwards spanned six years (1978-1984) so that means Priscilla, who was aware of the abuse(s) , continued on with their relationship another three years. Go figure.

arnaudbxl
Registered for: 11 years 1 month
Mood:

Post by arnaudbxl »

"Walk a mile in my shoes..."

For a year and a half, I have been experiencing the absolute tragedy of domestic abuse within my own family: my brother admitted to me last year that he had abused my sister's son for 10 years, starting when he was 8. I took him to the authorities. I told my parents, my sisters. The result?
A totally broken family, my parents no longer speaking to me, devastation. Live with that.

I agree with what is said above: it is easy to judge and condemn behind a keyboard.
In real life, it's very different. These are extreme and intimate pains that anyone placed in these situations must live with (guilt for not having seen, guilt for endlessly questioning yourself about the decisions you made, for having been blind, or naive...).
Is there anyone here who has never made a mistake? Who has never even completely f*** up a situation? You know, when you took the right decisions but at the same time cannot avoid to realize that it caused a lot of damages ? And that, even if you know deep down that these family dysfunctions were inevitable and that this damage is not your fault, it will always be YOU who triggered it? Your own mother? Your own father? Your brother? Any idea of ​​what it means to experience this every day, from morning when you open your eyes until evening?

And some people think that Priscilla should justify herself in the public ? How gross is that? The only person she had to give explanations to was LMP. Lisa herself makes no secret of the numerous and sometimes stormy discussions between her and her mother. She doesn't do her any favors in the book, it's true, but the opposite is also true and she aknowledges it with her typical honesty: she could be hellish to live with and to manage at times, because drunk with pain. What do we know about Priscilla sufferings? Who are we to judge? We're in no position to judge anyone we don't know.

Personally, I can understand that a mother can be discouraged sometimes, and particularly if the two personalities are radically different and the father is dead. And I can also understand that a 9-year-old little girl who saw her daddy dead on the floor, and finds herself with a mother with whom finding common ground is difficult, becomes a rebellious and angry teenager and adult. It's not always black or white, you see? Grey is our most common zone.

And I understand that the daughter and granddaughter of the two protagonists seeks to appease. Since Lisa's death, Riley has very clearly taken charge and has demonstrated that she seeks solutions rather than confrontation without results. I find her extremely courageous in working to maintain the links, I even find them quite complicit at times, with quite ironic humor on Riley's part which comes across well.

What Priscilla and LMP had to say to each other is their private business. It's between a daughter and her mother. Should Priscilla have acted differently with Mike Edwards? Most likely. But who are we to know to what extent she blames herself or not? Did she forgive herself? Has Lisa forgiven her ? It is up to her to be at peace with her conscience. We can at least grant her that she should not be with ours.

Lisa's story is moving because it shines through her primary quality, what I have always loved about her: honesty. Priscilla, Ginger Alden, the doctors, friends, non-friends, so-called friends, she's not afraid to say it like it is. Including, and most importantly, about herself, how she took a path towards self destruction, how this direction she took damaged what was most important to her, her role as a mother, towards her son and her twin daughters, and how it became impossible to forgive herself for her wanderings when her own son commits suicide while she was immersed in her addictions. How she handled the Michael Jackson topic is as honest as it can be too: she accepts her personal history with him. She knows what she experienced, that she loved him passionately and analyzes with great finesse the engines that propelled this love at first sight on her side. For the rest, she has nothing to say and she doesn't even go so far as to say that he loved her Since she herself admits that she does not know, except that she has never witnessed any deviance on his part in her presence (but she still points out to us that Danny Keough, in a rare confrontational moment, demanded that she keep Ben away from MJ's lap).

Lisa Marie and Riley's book actually goes well beyond gossip. He speaks with disarming honesty about messed up family relationships, the efforts to make it work, the (small) victories and the terrible failures. Of our human natures, which, when unhappy or damaged, we tend to simply screw up.

bronsky
Registered for: 3 years

Post by bronsky »

Some of you try to covertly whitewash Priscilla out of this story. You make her look like an almost innocent victim of this situation. But Priscilla has never come out to the public and say: Yes, I was this and that, yes, I did this and that - in an honest way. But she is spreading her "truth" publicly, she tries to sneak out of every uncomfortable situation publicly - at the expense of others. A good example of her behavior is her appearance in Memphis during the book tour recently. Sometimes it looks like everybody was a guilty soul around her, except herself - and she instill that publicly, so I think she can be judged by others - especially when she judges other publicly.

arnaudbxl
Registered for: 11 years 1 month
Mood:

Post by arnaudbxl »

You’re entitled to your opinion. But even if Priscilla was judging others, how come it would be a good thing to do the same ?

I stand to my point : we’re all free to have an opinion, and the latter may vary following the available information.

Only Lisa had the right to judge. And if you read her, she doesn’t even really go for it, prefering to bring a light on her mother that is not complaisant, without compromises, but not cruel either.

And no, listen to Riley’s reactions, she’s well aware. But she obviously prefer building bridges instead of bringing the whole house down.

brian

Post by brian »

Whenever you have people in the public eye and they talk frequently about their life the public are going to form opinions about them. Some people have read Lisa's book and will think Priscilla Presley was a bad mom. It's only natural. A lot of what Lisa says about Priscilla has already been talked about by other people. To me that gives her book even more credibility. It was announced about 3 or 4 months before Lisa's book was released that Priscilla Presley is going to release her autobiography about her life after Elvis died. It's going to be released in October 2025. So you'll get to hear Priscilla's side of things. I predict Priscilla will acknowledge some of the difficulties she had with raising Lisa but she'll paint their relationship as more close and more loving than Lisa did. I don't know exactly what she'll say about Mike Edwards but she'll get her chance. She's also working on producing a Netflix documentary about Elvis. So you'll see Priscilla Presley on television promoting both products next year and she'll be yucking it up for the cameras. Now I think that Lisa's book will be more popular than Priscilla's. A lot of people probably won't bother to read Priscilla's autobiography but it will be out there. I do think Priscila Presley will be doing some damage control when she promotes her book next year. Or she'll attempt to.

Jaime1234
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Jaime1234 »

Back to #1 on Amazon books charts

Product details
Publisher ‏ : ‎ Random House (October 8, 2024)
Language ‏ : ‎ English
Hardcover ‏ : ‎ 304 pages
ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 0593733878
ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-0593733875
Item Weight ‏ : ‎ 2.31 pounds
Dimensions ‏ : ‎ 5.75 x 1.05 x 8.54 inches

#1....................................... in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
#1....................................... in Love & Loss
#1 and #2 ..............................in Memoirs (Books)
#1, #2 and #3......................... in Actor & Entertainer Biographies

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/books/ref=zg_b_bs_books_1

bronsky
Registered for: 3 years

Post by bronsky »

For some people here Priscilla is an untouchable converted soul - above everybody in her story.
Wake up!

FJNC
Registered for: 1 year 3 months

Post by FJNC »

eligain wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2024 10:32 pm
FJNC wrote:
I knew I had heard these allegations by Lisa before and there’s this and her 2003 interview in Playboy where she mentions it. So I knew this wasn’t totally new information except that in this new book she does go further saying he did touch her and raped her.

And he and his daughter are denying it.
For me there are different nuances between what Lisa Marie talked about in that 2005 interview and what is told in the book. But suppose she tells the truth, why did Lisa Marie never give credibility to the accusations against Michael Jackson?

billy jack
Registered for: 2 months

Post by billy jack »

If a 9-year-old child says, after the death of her father, that she is now ''stuck'' with her mother, then something has clearly gone wrong between mother and daughter in the previous 9 years. The thoughts of deliberately dropping from a horse to force a miscarriage because of the extra pounds? It is clear that Priscilla was not actually destined to have children. The cute, pretty 14-year-old girl that Elvis fell in love with turns out to be an ice-cold narcissist.

History also repeats itself in this family. The duo, Gladys/Elvis and Elvis/Lisa. Vernon the salty bastard who stopped working at the age of 38 and Priscilla who unfortunately had to care for her daughter full-time after Elvis' death, but thought her acting career was more important.

What follows is a turbulent childhood. A cynical, rebellious girl, dumped at the Church of Scientology, is deflowered at the age of 14 by a 23-year-old.

Priscilla has never been of any added value to me after Elvis' death, other than just opening up Graceland. It was/is always for Priscilla's own interest and to benefit financially. To now read confirmation that Lisa was lewdly groped by Edwards, it is even more shocking that after this happened, Priscilla continued the relationship with Edwards. 'It says enough about the character of this woman.

Whatever will be in her memoir next year, it will certainly be written in her favor. If not to debunk Lisa's arguments. What a terrible person.

FredAistair
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by FredAistair »

bronsky wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:24 pm
For some people here Priscilla is an untouchable converted soul - above everybody in her story.
Wake up!
And for some, she's the Wicked Witch of The West, can we split the difference and stop all this nonsense.

eligain
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by eligain »

bronsky wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 3:41 pm
Some of you try to covertly whitewash Priscilla out of this story. You make her look like an almost innocent victim of this situation. But Priscilla has never come out to the public and say: Yes, I was this and that, yes, I did this and that - in an honest way. But she is spreading her "truth" publicly, she tries to sneak out of every uncomfortable situation publicly - at the expense of others. A good example of her behavior is her appearance in Memphis during the book tour recently. Sometimes it looks like everybody was a guilty soul around her, except herself - and she instill that publicly, so I think she can be judged by others - especially when she judges other publicly.
You seem to be observing a different Priscilla than I have over the years. Both Lisa and Priscilla have acknowledged their rocky relationship for years. I’ve heard Priscilla say in interviews that she made many mistakes with Lisa. And Lisa has always characterized herself as wild, uncontrollable, and difficult and that she put Priscilla through hell. They have both acknowledged that they were each very different from each other. But with that said, I think they were extremely close. You can be extremely close yet fight and disagree about things. It has been said that Elvis and his mother had fights that were frightening to those who were around them.

I’ve mentioned before that I was able to be a fly on the wall at a couple of private family parties with Priscilla, Lisa and her kids 2 of the times Lisa came to Denver to perform. What I observed both times was what looked like people who were very close and very comfortable with each other. Lisa’s kids (Riley and Ben) seemed very close to Priscilla with lots of hugs and Priscilla doting on them. A Lisa and Priscilla seemed very close, not distant or cold at all. In both shows when Lisa introduced Priscilla she did in a way that said that her mother was a “pain in the ass”which made Priscilla laugh as well as the whole crowd. The fact that Priscilla was traveling with Lisa while she toured I think speaks volumes about their relationship ( at least at that time).

Maybe I haven’t been paying attention but I have never noticed this extreme hatred of Priscilla until after Lisa died. I’ve noticed it mainly from the several anti Priscilla YouTube channels that started popping up in my algorithm last year. One thing I firmly believe, if Lisa saw those, she would likely be very upset with them. They have the position of defending or protecting “poor Lisa” but I suspect she would have some pretty fierce opinions of them.

One thing that gets lost in all of this is the fact that Elvis was actually not a good parent and ultimately caused a lot if not most of Lisa’s pain. No one is doubting that he didn’t deeply love her but letting a child run wild with no discipline is one of the worst things a parent can do. And her ultimate pain was him dying. He put the drugs ahead of his daughter and never tried to become sober for her sake. Why does Elvis never get criticized for that?

brian

Post by brian »

eligain wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 10:11 pm
I’ve mentioned before that I was able to be a fly on the wall at a couple of private family parties with Priscilla, Lisa and her kids 2 of the times Lisa came to Denver to perform. What I observed both times was what looked like people who were very close and very comfortable with each other. Lisa’s kids (Riley and Ben) seemed very close to Priscilla with lots of hugs and Priscilla doting on them. A Lisa and Priscilla seemed very close, not distant or cold at all. In both shows when Lisa introduced Priscilla she did in a way that said that her mother was a “pain in the ass”which made Priscilla laugh as well as the whole crowd. The fact that Priscilla was traveling with Lisa while she toured I think speaks volumes about their relationship ( at least at that time).
That gets talked about in the book. Lisa and Priscilla had a rocky bad relationship but Lisa allowed her to see her grandkids. In the early 2000s they even made attempts to get along better. They would joke around and pal around but it was fleeting. They went back to not getting along though. The time you are talking about was the time they were getting along better. Priscilla was closer with her grandkids than Lisa. She got along better with them.

2. I have seen Elvis get criticized from some of the fans for being a bad parent. A lot of Elvis fans have a bad habit of putting Elvis down and propping up others. I've seen that before. I don't know that he really was a bad parent. I don't know that the people that were close to him have said he was a bad parent.

3. Priscilla Presley has been disliked by a portion of Elvis fans since the 1980s. She is not disliked by most Elvis fans. A lot of Elvis fans do like her while some don't. Some of the fans who don't like her are more intense about it than others. You just never paid attention to it before. It's the same thing with the Memphis mafia guys. Some fans like them and some fans didn't. Some fans really hate the Memphis mafia guys. Priscilla Presley is more liked by fans than she is disliked.

billy jack
Registered for: 2 months

Post by billy jack »

eligain wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2024 10:11 pm

One thing that gets lost in all of this is the fact that Elvis was actually not a good parent and ultimately caused a lot if not most of Lisa’s pain. No one is doubting that he didn’t deeply love her but letting a child run wild with no discipline is one of the worst things a parent can do. And her ultimate pain was him dying. He put the drugs ahead of his daughter and never tried to become sober for her sake. Why does Elvis never get criticized for that?

You're joking, I hope? You're right that Elvis allowed everything when it came to Lisa. But that's nothing compared to that witch of Priscilla.

If you, as a mother, continue the relationship with the man who groped your daughter on certain parts of her body, jerked off to that same 10+ year old child and literally got horny from it.

(I apologize for my language use, but we are adults here after all, so let's come clean.)

brian

Post by brian »

I forgot to add that Priscilla got along with her grandkids better because she didn't raise them and she wasn't around them everyday!!!