Kylan
Registered for: 21 years 5 months

Re: Elvis Presley: Memphis (Box Set)

Post by Kylan »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:43 am
Kylan wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:52 am
What I’m now discovering is the original master single that went to #1 can’t be found on Amazon music. Good grief!

https://music.amazon.com/tracks/B086Q8YQYT
Weird I tried both suggestions and get the live MSG version. I even tried the 30 number 1s and same thing.

thommesen
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by thommesen »

TCB-FAN wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:35 pm
"Repaired" version of Don't Cry Daddy. Single vocal version from the newly released Ross-Spang mix. :smt023 :smt023

ElvisMixer produces some great mixes. Excellent work thank you for your own mix on this.

ElvisMixer
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Post by ElvisMixer »

Most welcome my friend, I just used the base from the "Elvis : Memphis" boxset and replaced the vocals from the FTD "From Elvis at American Sound Studio". I was watching the live feed from Graceland on Wednesday evening, via the chat people were saying they didn't like vocals for Don't Cry Daddy. Also the guitar sync issues with Suspicious Minds.
When I mixed "Don't Cry Daddy" I also noticed that there is a change in speed from the original, the new mix is faster by 0.80, makes you wonder what the actual speeds are. Thanks - Mark

minkahed
Registered for: 21 years 3 months

Post by minkahed »

ElvisMixer wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:33 am
Most welcome my friend, I just used the base from the "Elvis : Memphis" boxset and replaced the vocals from the FTD "From Elvis at American Sound Studio". I was watching the live feed from Graceland on Wednesday evening, via the chat people were saying they didn't like vocals for Don't Cry Daddy. Also the guitar sync issues with Suspicious Minds.
When I mixed "Don't Cry Daddy" I also noticed that there is a change in speed from the original, the new mix is faster by 0.80, makes you wonder what the actual speeds are. Thanks - Mark
Is it Just me or does Find Out What’s Happening sound a bit slower than the album version?

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

Mike in New Jersey
Registered for: 21 years 2 months
Location: Well, I don't live in New Jersey anymore.. does that mean I have to change my screen name? :-)

Post by Mike in New Jersey »

minkahed wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:56 am
ElvisMixer wrote:
Is it Just me or does Find Out What’s Happening sound a bit slower than the album version?
Yes, I noticed that too. It could just be this new mix fooling my ears somehow, but it does sound a touch slower.

ElvisMixer

Post by ElvisMixer »

0.80% isn't much but it does make a massive difference by the time you start getting further in to the track
My mix of Moody Blue the vocals were sped up by 0.15%, again nothing much, but making severely out of sync.

TCB-FAN
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by TCB-FAN »

ElvisMixer wrote:

Well done Mark !! Hope you can do the same for "Suspicious Minds" with the guitar timing issue.

"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

ElvisMixer wrote:
good one Elvismixer :smt006

Can you fix up Promised Land 2024, to make up a new mix so as the Organ is not as loud.

Composite on "I'll Never Fall in Love Again OMOE volume 1 (1979) " and 2024 mix so as to allow the back up vocals as featured on OMOE, would be rather cool :D

ElSandro68
Registered for: 3 years 3 months

Post by ElSandro68 »

TCB-FAN wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:23 am
ElvisMixer wrote:

Well done Mark !! Hope you can do the same for "Suspicious Minds" with the guitar timing issue.
.... and with Any Day Now :wink: . Great version, Mark !

Mike in New Jersey
Registered for: 21 years 2 months
Location: Well, I don't live in New Jersey anymore.. does that mean I have to change my screen name? :-)

Post by Mike in New Jersey »

Mike in New Jersey wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:12 am
minkahed wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:56 am
ElvisMixer wrote:
Yes, I noticed that too. It could just be this new mix fooling my ears somehow, but it does sound a touch slower.
Apologies for quoting myself, but having just listened to the album version, and the new Memphis version, I believe they are the same speed, at least Elvis' voice sounds the same. I think because the new version isn't as compressed as the album version, more "open" sounding, it somehow sounded slower.

LSP-4445
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by LSP-4445 »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:18 pm
ElvisMixer wrote:
good one Elvismixer :smt006

Can you fix up Promised Land 2024, to make up a new mix so as the Organ is not as loud?

Composite on "I'll Never Fall in Love Again OMOE volume 1 (1979) " and 2024 mix so as to allow the back up vocals as featured on OMOE, would be rather cool :D
elvisalisellers did this a week ago and shared the lossless file in this topic.
Other fixed tracks like Suspicious Minds was also shared here.

Dan_T
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Dan_T »

Anybody else find it strange when Ernst said "if anybody is wondering why Elvis sounds different at American it's because of the poor equipment" paraphrased.

Elvis sounded incredible on these sessions, I don't get it.

I was fortunate enough to tour American sound back in '85 and again in '87, I realised immediately walking in what Elvis meant when he said "what a funky, funky place" it reminded me of my old neighbours dad's garage/workshop, he and his band used to use to rehearse...only bigger...it was that bad ! 🙈

A. C. van Kuijk
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by A. C. van Kuijk »

Dan_T wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:53 pm
Anybody else find it strange when Ernst said "if anybody is wondering why Elvis sounds different at American it's because of the poor equipment" paraphrased.
It's the truth. Neither AMERICAN, nor STAX used state of the art equipment. RCA did.

ElSandro68

Post by ElSandro68 »

LSP-4445 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:24 pm
Elvis2000 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:06 pm
I have put together a quick fix for Any Day Now, think it turned out pretty good.

Any Day Now (Fixed)
Sometimes it's hard to follow up, could someone please re-upload "Any Day Now"? Thank you so much. :smt023

I couldn't find the posting for a repaired "Suspicious Minds". :smt022

Elvis2000
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Elvis2000 »

ElSandro68 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:51 pm
LSP-4445 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:24 pm
Elvis2000 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:06 pm
I have put together a quick fix for Any Day Now, think it turned out pretty good.

Any Day Now (Fixed)
Sometimes it's hard to follow up, could someone please re-upload "Any Day Now"? Thank you so much. :smt023

I couldn't find the posting for a repaired "Suspicious Minds". :smt022
Any Day Now (Fixed) Reupload

ElSandro68

Post by ElSandro68 »

:smt055 Thank you !!!

minkahed

Post by minkahed »

Has anyone seen or heard about any chart activity with this release?

I’m not expecting anything major, but it seems that this set has caused quite a bit of controversy on social media/ forums.

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

TCB-FAN
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by TCB-FAN »

Suspicious Minds (Repaired Guitar & Piano Sync), using the new Ross-Spang mix......

https://vocaroo.com/1mc6e7HVb8GY

"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970

SteveJ
Registered for: 21 years 5 months

Post by SteveJ »

minkahed wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:18 pm

I’m not expecting anything major, but it seems that this set has caused quite a bit of controversy on social media/ forums.
On the UK Top 100 Album Chart updated 16th August 2024:

Elv1s - 30 Number One Hits - up one place to 40

Elvis Memphis - is a New Entry at No.83

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

this is 100% Pure Elvis who proudly shows his two editions, good to see :D

minkahed

Post by minkahed »

SteveJ wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:17 am
minkahed wrote:

These are for the UK charts?

jetblack
Registered for: 20 years

Post by jetblack »

minkahed wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:14 am
SteveJ wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:17 am
minkahed wrote:

These are for the UK charts?
Yes.

Andy

Elvis - King of the UK charts

marvan
Registered for: 9 years 8 months

Post by marvan »

A very good reference for Elvis' chart activity : https://elv75.blogspot.com/search/label/Charts

LSP-4445
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by LSP-4445 »

Walter Hale 4 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:29 am
TCB-FAN wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:35 pm
"Repaired" version of Don't Cry Daddy. Single vocal version from the newly released Ross-Spang mix. :smt023 :smt023
well now that's much better. Even if its mono medium.
Shame that I can only listen to this on YT,that means not only poor quality on YT itself (compressed lossy)
but also only on my old poor sounding laptop with rotten speakers.
So I wont bother.

ElvisMixer

Post by ElvisMixer »

I managed to remove all the additional background, replaced the vocals which have been brought forward slightly. Guitar has been toned down a little. Enjoy!